00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

NG Vegetarian Community

48,562 Views | 583 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-03 14:38:55

Trolling will not be tolerated here or in any other club.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-03 17:13:46

At 12/1/09 06:24 PM, timnitro wrote: who wants some juicey (tofu+bacon) facon mmmmmmmmm

oh me me me!

Fixed.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-03 17:15:16

Chickbean-tarian here.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-03 17:26:34

At 12/3/09 05:23 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/3/09 05:15 PM, JohnnyWang wrote: Chickbean-tarian here.
What's that mean??

Vegetarian, I just eat a lot of chick beans, so I joke that I'm chickbeantarian.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-03 23:56:38

are you guys familiar with Cicero, the roman philosopher? well, Cicero means chickpea! interesting, right?

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-04 08:14:11

I've converted from vegetarianism into a diet entirely consisted of eating souls.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-07 00:08:28

At 12/4/09 02:39 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/4/09 08:14 AM, hhcash wrote: I've converted from vegetarianism into a diet entirely consisted of eating souls.
Man, you must be like a level 42!!! I wish I could do that!!

Oh but you can!

Do plants have souls? Anyway, I'm a vegan as of thanksgiving in america and I eat lots of toast :P

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-07 17:50:15

At 12/4/09 08:14 AM, hhcash wrote: I've converted from vegetarianism into a diet entirely consisted of eating souls.

I should try that some time!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-11 23:39:06

I accidentally ate some pasta sauce with cheese in it yesterday and I'm a vegan D: I made pasta and the sauce was already opened in the fridge and the last time I made pasta the vegan sauce was open in there and I used it but I guess someone used it all up and then put the cheese one there and I didn't check but I noticed the different taste and then I stopped eating it.

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-12 01:47:04

At 12/11/09 11:54 PM, angryglacier wrote:
At 12/11/09 11:39 PM, Shikamarana wrote: I didn't check but I noticed the different taste and then I stopped eating it.
You think that's bad my school has a pizza day but only orders PEPERONI PIZZA!

FRIDAY WAS PIZZA DAY, THE BEST DAY OF THE WEEK
IT ALWAYS CAME WITH SALAD AND A SIDE OF COLD GREEN BEANS

forgive me, i just saw the aquabats

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-20 17:01:54

YOu will never be forgivin!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-20 17:30:38

At 12/11/09 11:54 PM, angryglacier wrote:
You think that's bad my school has a pizza day but only orders PEPERONI PIZZA!

i have cheese pizza like, every day at school. They bring pizza from different places (like dominos and other local places) and its delicious.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-20 17:52:13

The problem with pizza, is that milk is ecologically less sustainable than some meats, poultry, I think was one with a smaller carbon footprint.

Note that this doesn't change my habits in any way. Mmm... mozzarella!

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-20 18:24:42

The only meat I miss is In-n-Out burgers.

Seriously, they were so fucking good. Whenever I see a picture of them, I get hungry.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-27 11:48:34

At 12/20/09 07:08 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: I must admit a miss a lot of food, pizza, white chocolate, ice cream .ect

At times I feel like I am missing out on a bit part of my life, but then again, it's just food.

Every time my family orders pizza, they always have leftovers. I always sit there and stare at it a bit and be like "I'm just gonna eat some, who cares" and then I don't and go to sleep.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-27 12:51:51

At 12/27/09 11:56 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/20/09 07:08 PM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: I must admit a miss a lot of food, pizza, white chocolate, ice cream .ect

At times I feel like I am missing out on a bit part of my life, but then again, it's just food.
There are vegan versions of those foods, you know.

But it's just...not the same.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-27 14:34:40

I'm seriously considering becoming vegetarian. My girlfriend and her housemate / best friend are vegetarian, and as a result I've ended up eating vegetarian most of the time (even when the girlfriend isn't around). I very very rarely eat meat these days, but I'm still finding it difficult to take that final leap and just become completely veggie. Anybody else here had a similar experience, or have most of you been vegetarian since the dawn of time? ;P

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-27 17:06:04

In an effort to cut weight, get in better shape, and that ol' song and dance, I plan on going vegetarian one day per week. Anything I could try cooking that's a bit more creative than salad that you guys would recommend?
Don't get me wrong I can make a good salad, but still... Oh, and not necessarily strict vegan; lacto-ovo is fine.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-27 19:48:26

At 12/27/09 02:34 PM, NEVR wrote: I'm seriously considering becoming vegetarian. My girlfriend and her housemate / best friend are vegetarian, and as a result I've ended up eating vegetarian most of the time (even when the girlfriend isn't around). I very very rarely eat meat these days, but I'm still finding it difficult to take that final leap and just become completely veggie. Anybody else here had a similar experience, or have most of you been vegetarian since the dawn of time? ;P

I've toyed around with the idea of being vegetarian since I was 14 or so, but only made the leap when I was 16. What's easy is to progressively cut out meat from your meals until you're just not eating it anymore. I finally convinced myself to go vegetarian when I was into a cute vegetarian girl hahaha.

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-27 20:58:04

At 12/27/09 03:46 PM, Sensationalism wrote: I didn't go veg until I was 16 and I started gradually, first cutting out certain meats and progressing to a vegan diet from there. I never really had any trouble with it or anything but I wasn't very fond of meat to begin with. If you've got vegetarian food around you all the time, I imagine it would be pretty easy to do.

I don't have a big problem with eating *good* quality meat (i.e., meat that isn't farmed unethically / in shit, cruel, and overcrowded conditions like that of KFC), but as I'm a student I can't afford to buy higher-quality meat. On the other hand, I enjoy eating vegetarian, and find that in general I'm eating more healthily now than I was before.

TBH though, now that I've been eating vegetarian more often, I'm finding that I'm less and less fond of meat on the rare occasion that I do eat it.

At 12/27/09 07:48 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: I've toyed around with the idea of being vegetarian since I was 14 or so, but only made the leap when I was 16. What's easy is to progressively cut out meat from your meals until you're just not eating it anymore. I finally convinced myself to go vegetarian when I was into a cute vegetarian girl hahaha.

Until recently I never even considered it, but right now I think it's probably one of the best things I could do for myself.

I'll have to see how it goes. I don't want to give myself the "label" of being vegetarian if I'm not going to really stick to it.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-28 10:05:35

At 12/27/09 07:48 PM, D3NTATUS wrote: I finally convinced myself to go vegetarian when I was into a cute vegetarian girl hahaha.

ahaaa, nice. I did it just because. Sens mentioned it to me and stuff and I just decided to try it and I'm happy with it.

I went vegan only this last American Thanksgiving sort of. I didn't eat any turkey or anything, but the stuffing had some chicken stock and the mashed potatoes had milk, but oh well. Been completely vegan since except for one time there was some cheese in the pasta sauce when I made a mistake. It's only been a month, but I'm not having any problems yet.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-28 23:25:48

At 12/27/09 03:46 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 12/27/09 12:51 PM, hhcash wrote:
At 12/27/09 11:56 AM, Sensationalism wrote: There are vegan versions of those foods, you know.
But it's just...not the same.
I like some better than the real thing, but to each their own.

True. I really like morningstar farms sausage patties (i dont know if they're vegan though). The flavor is really good, even though it's dry, but it's a damn good replacement. Things like soy milk don't taste anything like real milk, and soy cheese is kind of flavorless...

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2009-12-29 23:14:14

I looooved the taste of milk and drank it quite a bit despite having milk allergy. So converting to soy milk was pretty hard, but I was persistent. The taste was so different from milk. At first I could only consume it in a bowl of cereal but I think it was like an acquired taste because I looove the stuff now and drink it all the time. My sister had no problem switching to soy milk, she drank it straight right away and liked the stuff, but she wasn't into milk like I was. I think that could have had something to do with it.

I actually could never drink regular milk or soy milk by itself, it just tastes bad that way.

And I think the longer you go without eating meat, the more disgusting it becomes. Like I had this vegan chicken noodle soup that tasted just like the real thing, which almost made me puke, so my sister ate it. But now that she's been vegetarian longer, she can't stand stuff like that either. It's kind of funny I think.

I know what you mean. When you restrict something for so long, you kind of become afraid of it, the sight of it becomes just, nasty. I remember something similar, when I first had faux meat (it was actually a vegetarian corndog) when i took my first bite, I froze up and panicked for a second, not because it tasted bad (it tastes delicious actually) but my brain was weirded by the fact that it was fake.

eh.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2010-01-23 05:33:55

I love mushrooms!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2010-03-28 21:33:34

I just had vegan pizza with mushrooms on it and it's good. It's like bread and sauce but it's good.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2010-04-01 01:59:06

I am offended by this year's April Fools

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2010-04-01 02:23:52

At 4/1/10 01:59 AM, Shikamarana wrote: I am offended by this year's April Fools%u2248%u2248%u2248

Nuuuuuuuu my precious bodily fluids. Too much bacon.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2010-04-02 19:56:02

At 4/1/10 03:59 AM, Sensationalism wrote: It's mandatory to like bacon today. If I liked bacon fo realz though I'd buy some fakin bacon from teh store, but I don't so I won't.

I'm talking about this stuff:

I like how it says "pig-out intelligently" because it's not really pig and also pigs are known to be sort of intelligent and stuff. lol

BBS Signature

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2010-04-03 14:18:50

Since I stopped eating meat, milk and eggs I feel more tender about everyone on earth eating meat. I'm basically a pussy.

My skin is WONDERFUL though :D

Response to NG Vegetarian Community 2010-04-14 08:08:30

At 4/3/10 11:22 PM, Sensationalism wrote: Is that a sad attempt at a South Park reference? Fuck off.

I don't mean that.

Oh no, I think people called vegetarians pussies before South Park anywayssss.

BBS Signature