00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of January we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 167 people to reach our January goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in February!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

The Pixelmas Shorts Collab

25,020 Views | 827 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 13:23:47


Wow! Tom's advertising this collab in his most recent Wacom Winners post! And for that, I'll join, but I need ideas, give me some!


Have a good day everyone c:

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 14:10:50


I also was emboldened by Tom's endorsement of the collab, and would very much like to be a part of it. I've been watching this thread since its inception, and am excited by all the interest it has garnered.

So, if there is a space I can call (it seems either 9 or 11 is open), I'd like to call it. If you need reassurances of the quality of my work, Mexifry, don't hesitate to ask. I have a pretty good plot idea already, but I'll take a little time to polish my script before I begin animating.

I look forward to this new project.


-The Ninjkabat: Cartoonist, Animator, VA, Japanese speaker, and Ninja all rolled into one.

Twitter | Google+ | deviantArt

BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 14:25:09


Mex, please put me on your maybe list. I'm going to play with the pixel tool a bit and see if I can come up with anything. If I'm not satisfied with what I come up with within the next few days, then I'll just drop out.


I'm no artist. I'm a talentless hack who loves to doodle/animate from time to time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 15:19:03


I'll join
I dont know what part i want though

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 15:34:07


Okay fags eman is in the house.

I want to make some pixelatidity.


BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 16:38:10


At 11/24/08 11:10 PM, mexifry895 wrote: Part List
New Rule!

Seeing as TomFulp just said he is making a mention of this collab tomorrow, I am saying that no more double ups on parts. If you already have double ups, then you are still okay for having a double up.

Also, you MUST have at LEAST a Batting Average of 3.5 to join. I will make exceptions, but I will be pretty stringent. (IE BA of below 3 is a definite no.)

3 things.
first thing:
FUCK! i only have 3.1 (rounded)

second thing:
acctually my part is all pixels, it just looks like line cuz the pixles are farther away

third thing:
can i do the authors page if it is still open

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 16:51:16


Hi I'm interested in this collab.. I was planning on making a solo project but a collab has more of a christmasy spirit :P Yes my bat. avg is N/A but thats because I only have one flash.. I'm in the process of making my pixelated part.. I'll show it to you if you don't like it that's completely up to you

For now, I'd like part 5 please.. I have the idea I just need to make it into a good story line for a few seconds :P wish me luck

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 17:36:25


At 11/25/08 03:34 PM, Emanhattan wrote: Okay fags eman is in the house.

I want to make some pixelatidity.

Dammit who let him in....

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 17:53:58


At 11/24/08 11:31 PM, mexifry895 wrote: So if your parts are lacking, well, you might get dropped.

Is my part lacking (from what you saw?)


BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 17:59:22


At 11/25/08 12:46 AM, EdpR wrote:
At 11/25/08 12:43 AM, EdpR wrote:
At 11/25/08 12:40 AM, Toki911 wrote: My part doesn't lack, right?
not at all...
Mexi thought I was being sarcastic...
No I wasn't being sarcastic, I really liked yours toki you did an awesome job :)

How'd you see it?


GT: Danul454

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 18:33:41


Here's my part so far
DING
I'm gonna touch it up a little bit

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 18:52:24


If it matters at all, I liked it.


GT: Danul454

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 18:56:53


At 11/25/08 05:36 PM, SamIam wrote: Ata million O' clock, ur mom wrote:
Okay fags eman is in the house.

I want to make some pixelatidity.
Dammit who let him in....

"careful my friend, some anger i'm seeing"
-edd from A Very Spritey Christmas

lol i just thought it fit the moment...

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:00:26


Updated!
I'm I fast worker

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:17:36


At 11/25/08 06:56 PM, fightermarth wrote:
"careful my friend, some anger i'm seeing"
-edd from A Very Spritey Christmas

lol i just thought it fit the moment...

No, it is a joke, Eman is a friend he understands =D

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:24:12


At 11/25/08 07:00 PM, Toblorone wrote: Updated!
I'm I fast worker

Damn! I like it!
Which part do you want?

At 11/25/08 03:34 PM, Emanhattan wrote: Okay fags eman is in the house.

I want to make some pixelatidity.

Which part? :D

At 11/25/08 02:25 PM, Lambinvoker wrote: Mex, please put me on your maybe list. I'm going to play with the pixel tool a bit and see if I can come up with anything. If I'm not satisfied with what I come up with within the next few days, then I'll just drop out.

Aight cool. :)

At 11/25/08 02:10 PM, k1rby wrote: I also was emboldened by Tom's endorsement of the collab, and would very much like to be a part of it. I've been watching this thread since its inception, and am excited by all the interest it has garnered.

So, if there is a space I can call (it seems either 9 or 11 is open), I'd like to call it. If you need reassurances of the quality of my work, Mexifry, don't hesitate to ask. I have a pretty good plot idea already, but I'll take a little time to polish my script before I begin animating.

I look forward to this new project.

I saw your flashes. You have a part for sure. :)
I'll put you on 9.

Tom's post is giving me like a mountain of MEssages.

At 11/25/08 04:38 PM, fightermarth wrote: first thing:
FUCK! i only have 3.1 (rounded)

I'll let you try out anyways. :)
Your art is decent.

second thing:
acctually my part is all pixels, it just looks like line cuz the pixles are farther away

Try to make them semi consistent


third thing:
can i do the authors page if it is still open

Try for your part.
Authors page is taken.

At 11/25/08 01:23 PM, sickstick wrote: Wow! Tom's advertising this collab in his most recent Wacom Winners post! And for that, I'll join, but I need ideas, give me some!

Just try to think of something. :)
What spot do you want?

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:28:37


At 11/25/08 04:45 PM, EJRProductions wrote: Ok I'll give it a try. I do animate sprites and have a B.A. lower than 3.5 but I actually can animate well. I just don't have the patience of redrawing for a whole animation. I'll try to post a preview of my part soon for you to really judge if I'm in or not.

Aight.
I'll put you in the maybe pile. :)

At 11/25/08 04:51 PM, Tahadation wrote: Hi I'm interested in this collab.. I was planning on making a solo project but a collab has more of a christmasy spirit :P Yes my bat. avg is N/A but thats because I only have one flash.. I'm in the process of making my pixelated part.. I'll show it to you if you don't like it that's completely up to you

aight.
I'll put you on the maybe list.
If you have an animation sample, then that would be great. :D

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:35:03


At 11/25/08 05:53 PM, NG-Unit wrote:
At 11/24/08 11:31 PM, mexifry895 wrote: So if your parts are lacking, well, you might get dropped.
Is my part lacking (from what you saw?)

Nope. :)

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:37:49


You need to claim a # spot before having your part safe!

PART LIST!

Preloader: Wurmy
Menu: SDS-Doggy
Transition Between Parts: Toki911
Warmup Part: Mexifry895
Intro: Jimtopia
Part 1: Open
Part 2: PidgeonMaster88
Part 3: Open
Part 4: Mexifry895
Part 5: Open
Part 6: Willobean
Part 7: Toki911
Part 8: Rudy
Part 9: k1rby
Part 10: SamIam
Part 11: Open
Part 12: T (Simple-Line)
Part 13: EdpR
Part 14: NG-Unit
Part 15: Toki911
Part 16: Open
Part 17: Open
Part 18: Open
Part 19: Open
Part 20: BornToByte
Credits: Open

Potential Participants (either people waiting to show me a quality part or just haven't given an answer.):
Fawx
NathanialMilburn
ttony21
TrippingMetal (Austin)
BlueHippo
Iuxson
FrozenSheep
fightermarth
SickStick
lambinvoker
Toblorone
EJRProductions
Tahadation

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:48:00


I'll take part 3

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:48:30


At 11/25/08 07:24 PM, mexifry895 wrote: I saw your flashes. You have a part for sure. :)
I'll put you on 9.

Huzzah. I should have at least a rough preview ready by the end of the weekend, just so that you know you've made a good choice. While I was procrastinating from paper writing today I storyboarded, picked out the music, and decided on the voice acting; it's amazing how productive I can be while I'm not being productive.


-The Ninjkabat: Cartoonist, Animator, VA, Japanese speaker, and Ninja all rolled into one.

Twitter | Google+ | deviantArt

BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 19:54:08


My part is done, tell me if you think anything should be changed or added. Also tell me if my part lacks, it'd rather fix it up than secretly be the one thats holding the collab down :'(.

Here it is


BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 20:00:33


At 11/25/08 07:48 PM, k1rby wrote:
Huzzah. I should have at least a rough preview ready by the end of the weekend, just so that you know you've made a good choice. While I was procrastinating from paper writing today I storyboarded, picked out the music, and decided on the voice acting; it's amazing how productive I can be while I'm not being productive.

Nice. :)

Wow, you are a lot nicer than a lot of the other peoples. :P

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 20:06:29


At 11/25/08 07:00 PM, Toblorone wrote: Updated!
I'm I fast worker

Thats a great part, good job :D.


BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 20:07:15


At 11/25/08 08:06 PM, NG-Unit wrote:
At 11/25/08 07:00 PM, Toblorone wrote: Updated!
I'm I fast worker
Thats a great part, good job :D.

He's definitely in. :)

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 20:21:09


Lol. ya its okay guys, I dont take things too seriously lol.

Toblerone, I want my part to look as awesome as yours.


BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 21:04:29


I'll take part 5. Im finishing it up rite now now


Minecraft - IAmJim .,--,. Steam - IAmJim

Sig made by Squidbit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 21:11:30


At 11/25/08 07:17 PM, SamIam wrote:
At 11/25/08 06:56 PM, fightermarth wrote:
"careful my friend, some anger i'm seeing"
-edd from A Very Spritey Christmas

lol i just thought it fit the moment...
No, it is a joke, Eman is a friend he understands =D

ZOMGROFL!
am i u guyz's friend?

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 21:33:06


i know it has to be 5 seconds but is 4.8 seconds an exception?


Minecraft - IAmJim .,--,. Steam - IAmJim

Sig made by Squidbit.

BBS Signature

Response to The Pixelmas Shorts Collab 2008-11-25 21:36:06


At 11/25/08 09:33 PM, Uchumaru08 wrote: i know it has to be 5 seconds but is 4.8 seconds an exception?

I'm not the leader...So I wouldn't know. But I would say it would probably be ok, but can't you figure out something to do for .2 of a second?


BBS Signature