00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies

11,779 Views | 46 Replies

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2008-12-10 03:02:41

textures are for fat people and truffle clocks, and i see no truffles in here

cr0mZX: norway sucks teh penor!!!!!

-

cr0mZX: Full of win and kittens! ^_^\

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2008-12-10 06:26:08

You never seize to surprise me bluehippo. I love your colors. Your creations on the other hand are weird, in a good way. Very smooth though. Also, your abstract shit... delicious.

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2008-12-10 09:43:59

At 12/10/08 06:26 AM, Hammi wrote: You never seize to surprise me bluehippo.

cease*
seize = to take

cr0mZX: norway sucks teh penor!!!!!

-

cr0mZX: Full of win and kittens! ^_^\

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2008-12-10 09:57:03

I just got owned by sinister.

God im a dumb paki. eqfaFEWG

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2008-12-10 11:06:17

At 12/9/08 07:17 PM, BlueHippo wrote: Fuzzy Goo Eata
[fullsize] [fullsize backup]

I want to make a sig of him so badly...

Free will is a load of bull.

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2008-12-10 17:55:22

So simple, so charming. Burns my retinas just looking at 'em.

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2008-12-10 22:56:46

I love youre characters, but i think i like your backgrounds even more sometimes, they're so awesome.

Looking at all this digital art has got me down, need to step up my non-digital game so i can plan with the big boys.

keep churning out that sweet stuff!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2008-12-10 23:10:45

At 12/9/08 07:17 PM, BlueHippo wrote: Fuzzy Goo Eata

Racist.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-02-25 05:47:13

What did you use for the texture and colors?

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-03-24 18:30:59

the first one is now my background

these rock

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-04-18 19:24:49

At 12/10/08 03:02 AM, Sinitron wrote: textures are for fat people and truffle clocks, and i see no truffles in here

I can't argue with that logic; I'm quite the fattyfoopa.

At 12/10/08 06:26 AM, Hammi wrote: You never seize to surprise me bluehippo. I love your colors. Your creations on the other hand are weird, in a good way. Very smooth though. Also, your abstract shit... delicious.

Aw thanks :3 Yeah I think my color usage might be my strong point, heh. The creations are a bit weird, I agree with you there.. and the one I'm about to attach is no different ;P numnumz.

At 12/10/08 11:06 AM, Panzer-Wolf wrote: I want to make a sig of him so badly...

What's stoppin ya? ;P

At 12/10/08 05:55 PM, Cardboardwarrior wrote: So simple, so charming. Burns my retinas just looking at 'em.

Ah just as it should be ;D

At 12/10/08 10:56 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: I love youre characters, but i think i like your backgrounds even more sometimes, they're so awesome.

Haha thank you, I'm not that great at critter design, but I'm trying to work on it ;D

Looking at all this digital art has got me down, need to step up my non-digital game so i can plan with the big boys.

And I need to step up my non-digital game :c

keep churning out that sweet stuff!

will do ;D

At 12/10/08 11:10 PM, Kuro wrote: Racist.

Maybe if you had seen a Fuzzy Goo Eata in the wild you'd understand ;P

At 12/11/08 03:11 AM, HarraH wrote: I am going to try and be critical here...

Always appreciated ;D

I think your use of colours is brilliant and super-effective, but certain aspects of your character dimensions could be improved.

Yeah as I mentioned above, I believe my coloring is one of my better skills, still working on critter design :)

In the first image, the character fits in well with the rest of the picture. It doesn't look like the creature is cartoon 3D (example The Simpsons), but rather cartoon 2D (example Southpark) (I am just making these terms up because it helps me explain better).

Yeah does seem pretty flat. I'm a big fan of Murakami so perhaps his superflat style rubbed off on me a little bit?

However in the last image where you have the group of characters, it looks live you've tried to give them a bit of depth but it doesn't really work. They are also lacking detail, and the cat just looks bad.

Yeah that was the first thing I had really done with this new texture style thing I was playing around with, heh.

I haven't ever tried to be critical before but I hope you find my criticism constructive ;)

I do, much appreciated!

At 12/11/08 03:20 AM, HarraH wrote: Oh wow, just saw that image on the 2nd page, it's brilliant.

You are exceptional at that style of flat characters, and your combination of colours is also superb. This is my new desktop wallpaper. Thankyou.

Nono, thank YOU ;D

At 2/25/09 05:47 AM, TehSlapHappy wrote: What did you use for the texture and colors?

The colors were just flash. A lot of the textures I made, but some of them came from CGtextures.com

At 3/24/09 06:30 PM, Lawnbaby wrote: the first one is now my background

these rock

awesome, thanks for the kind words :D

-----------

Okay so, I made a news post about this a little while ago, but it took a week to get up on the site, but my shirt is up and ready for voting. Click here to view Woolly Whispers. If you could vote for me, and leave a comment, that would be superb, but I don't want to force you into doing something you don't want to do ;D A preview image has been posted below.

I need to get back into illustrating.. that and animating, bah!

Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-05-13 06:36:30

Oh Hippo. You and your amazing art work.

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-05-13 18:50:08

Great artwork Blue!

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-06-08 23:42:51

damn blue hippo, you fucking RULE! your textures really make your characters pop, nad you've got a really appealing style. sweet sick animation fanart too!

do you know the artist gunsho? i think you're either influenced by his awesomeness, or if you havent' heard about him you'd really like him!
http://wolfofmetals.bigcartel.com/

See my comics, updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday!

http://www.toonhole.com

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-06-09 00:15:40

Damn, man, Woolly Whispers is SPECTACULAR! i want one! the composition is just right.

Don't tell me this is all done in flash?

BBS Signature

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-06-09 00:52:22

I love your work. The clean lines and very pure, eccentric are really appealing and eye catching. Besides that your characters are really lovable. :'D

Response to Bluehippo Blatantly Blinds Babies 2009-07-07 14:52:06

Check out Rutgers stuff. It's also very CampNorthy and similar to yours.

BBS Signature