00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

deadenddraws just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

I'll draw your character- my style.

278,250 Views | 1,686 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-12 21:52:20

Me please. Make a Aardvark that is in the shap of ABC

Cause Why not?!

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-12 21:54:58

At 10/12/10 09:52 PM, ABCAardvark wrote: Me please. Make a Aardvark that is in the shap of ABC

you have to post a pic, then someone draws it in their own style...
maybe you are thinking of the "draw the person above you" thread

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-12 22:03:17

At 10/12/10 09:54 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote:
At 10/12/10 09:52 PM, ABCAardvark wrote: Me please. Make a Aardvark that is in the shap of ABC
you have to post a pic, then someone draws it in their own style...
maybe you are thinking of the "draw the person above you" thread

And even then people are much less likely to draw you unless you go ahead and paste up your own contributions. This is a group effort to go ahead and draw, you know, it's not just everyone pissing away the time because they feel like it.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-12 23:01:46

Boop

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-13 06:32:38

At 10/12/10 11:01 PM, M-Vero wrote: Boop

That's just great, Vero. Fucking love it.
Zombie's is good, too.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-13 07:57:51

Um i doubt anyone will draw my character. It's probably cheesy but anyway here we go:

For an overall idea of what he (my character) would look like, he mostly looks like L from Death Note minus the eye bags and not so spikey hair. Instead of having that bizarre look on his face, rather he has a prankster smirk but its more of a "i dont give a damn in the world" kinda look. Also really big round eyes and a "big cheesin" smile. Make him look goofy as humanly possible. He's also a free runner, so he'd have a some what athletic build to him. His clothing is not really what i think would be typical of a free runner, a baggy long sleeve white t-shirt , a somewhat dark green running pants or whatever you call'em, red and white low cut sneakers and the typical fingerless gloves or motorcycle gloves if you will.

I dont know if this is too much to ask for but if someone would draw him it'd be awesome.
Oh yeah by the way his name is Jump

Cool & Spicy

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-14 12:33:47

At 10/13/10 07:57 AM, MistahMaxx wrote: Um i doubt anyone will draw my character. It's probably cheesy but anyway here we go:

Sounds interesting enough

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 01:41:41

On the left is infected spirits character and of course Luxembourg's recent entry on here. I have forgotten some of the smaller details like the fur cuffing around his sleeve.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 12:48:54

I Seriously hope I don't have to do the whole thread here , I want to start on some of my own shit in a personal thread.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 12:51:26

At 10/17/10 12:48 PM, argile wrote: I Seriously hope I don't have to do the whole thread here , I want to start on some of my own shit in a personal thread.

I've been waiting on you to make a personal thread way back when you were still PrinceFlea.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 13:01:55

At 10/17/10 12:51 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 10/17/10 12:48 PM, argile wrote: I Seriously hope I don't have to do the whole thread here , I want to start on some of my own shit in a personal thread.
I've been waiting on you to make a personal thread way back when you were still PrinceFlea.

Hopefully I won't start off with some of the stupid banters like I've done in my first one.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 21:48:37

Draw Abraham Lincoln as Blanka already!

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 21:55:35

At 10/17/10 09:48 PM, GodOfVideoGames wrote: Draw Abraham Lincoln as Blanka already!

Shaddup before I smack you upside the head.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 21:56:34

At 10/17/10 09:48 PM, GodOfVideoGames wrote: Draw Abraham Lincoln as Blanka already!

Lincoln (not your character) + Blanka (also not your character) =/= your character.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 22:45:38

At 10/17/10 09:56 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
Lincoln (not your character) + Blanka (also not your character) =/= your character.

His name is Linconka and he is my character. He isn't Lincoln mixed with Blanka, he is the offspring of Lincoln and Blanka.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 22:49:30

At 10/17/10 10:45 PM, GodOfVideoGames wrote:
At 10/17/10 09:56 PM, Luxembourg wrote:
His name is Linconka and he is my character. He isn't Lincoln mixed with Blanka, he is the offspring of Lincoln and Blanka.

Offspring?
I can't unsee what you've just made me see in my mind.

Anyways, people will do it if they want to do it. There's no rule stating that somebody has to draw a character if it's been posted in this thread. Sorry.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 22:58:01

At 10/17/10 10:45 PM, GodOfVideoGames wrote: His name is Linconka and he is my character. He isn't Lincoln mixed with Blanka, he is the offspring of Lincoln and Blanka.

I'm gonna quote what you've said before.
"Here is Abraham Lincoln as Blanka from Street Fighter II."
You've posted that image multiple times, and every time you have you've said that exact sentence.
You've never said he was Linconka, nor that he was the offspring of Lincoln and Blanka. You're just saying that he's Abraham Lincoln drawn as if he was Blanka from Street Fighter II.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-17 23:19:44

At 10/17/10 10:58 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
I'm gonna quote what you've said before.
"Here is Abraham Lincoln as Blanka from Street Fighter II."
You've posted that image multiple times, and every time you have you've said that exact sentence.
You've never said he was Linconka, nor that he was the offspring of Lincoln and Blanka. You're just saying that he's Abraham Lincoln drawn as if he was Blanka from Street Fighter II.

Well now I say he is the offspring of Lincoln and Blanka. I can do that. If you don't want to draw him, don't do it.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-18 00:40:30

While all you guys are off arguing I'm just going to keep this on track.
Here's Metro sexual Multicolored dream coat Mario from page 4

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-19 12:25:19

At 10/27/08 07:11 PM, BudGPStudios wrote: Like I've had you before, draw Ivan, since you've created the blox.

So what if it's a drawing of a furry give me a break here. I did this one on relatively small scale being as it is.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-19 14:23:57

At 3/15/10 08:58 PM, xlh2000 wrote: Try another of mine y'all.

I hope you don't mind a late entry on your character it's supposedly a comparison to the one I did few months ago and the one I did today. I'm not really good with playing around with poses and from what I'm guessing I got the perspective wrong on the right.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-19 23:51:00

At 11/2/08 05:48 PM, lookandsee wrote: I post just my character here, and I leave you with the overs for now ! ^^

Three hours and nearly 40 minutes were spent just doing the texture.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-20 21:38:54

At 10/20/10 03:40 PM, Jow279 wrote:
At 10/19/10 02:23 PM, argile wrote:
At 3/15/10 08:58 PM, xlh2000 wrote: Try another of mine y'all.
I hope you don't mind a late entry on your character it's supposedly a comparison to the one I did few months ago and the one I did today. I'm not really good with playing around with poses and from what I'm guessing I got the perspective wrong on the right.
I think the one on the right side is better. The left one is kinda weird, sumthing with too big eyes...

You're the first one for giving me some criticism on what I'm doing ...Thank you. At first it was suppose to be like a exaggeration to how the eyes brows looked in the beginning so I thought of adding some sort of tumor growing under his eye lids.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-20 22:31:25

At 10/20/10 09:38 PM, argile wrote: You're the first one for giving me some criticism on what I'm doing ...Thank you. At first it was suppose to be like a exaggeration to how the eyes brows looked in the beginning so I thought of adding some sort of tumor growing under his eye lids.

Well, it's easier to get criticism on your work when you appear to be asking for it other then drawing for the lulz, I suppose, say via making an art thread or just plain out asking. Anyway, I suppose I cna contribute.

On your teddy bear piece, the attempt at your posing isn't entirely forgotten but it is marred by the subtle flaws in anatomy not really being covered up by any rotation of the character - although tilted, he does look likes he's running across the screen and that does make it easier to pick out flaws. I'd suggest trying a few pieces where they're running towards the camera, and see how that works out.

Also, try to refine your lines- the simple lineart you have now is adequate, but could be enhanced via tracing the other lines, to firm in the character, or just experimenting with a variety of different pencil art and general line techniques to see the result. Woudl not advise spending that long on a texture again, it didn't amount to nearly enough for the amount of time that your put into it - could easily be mistaken for a scribble or general shading, which is what I did take it for until you pointed it out.

So in a nutshell, try out detail, different lines, and concentrate on those instead of textures. Not too bad work, argile.

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-22 16:58:55

At 10/4/10 09:53 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Do him if you want, or not. It's up to you.
Of course, I mean the surreal, noodley armed guy, not the human.

Ok.

Also...

At 10/19/10 11:51 PM, argile wrote: Three hours and nearly 40 minutes were spent just doing the texture.

He looks so fluffy here, just like a regular teddy bear... I like it !

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-22 17:01:35

And here's some new content :

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-22 18:19:56

At 10/22/10 05:01 PM, lookandsee wrote: And here's some new content :

Error - You have an error in your HTML:
Fully quoted message.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-22 18:40:50

At 10/22/10 04:58 PM, lookandsee wrote:
At 10/4/10 09:53 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Do him if you want, or not. It's up to you.
Of course, I mean the surreal, noodley armed guy, not the human.
Ok.

Also...
At 10/19/10 11:51 PM, argile wrote: Three hours and nearly 40 minutes were spent just doing the texture.
He looks so fluffy here, just like a regular teddy bear... I like it !

I don't get the knife, but this is awesome. Great style, great adaptation, great colors.

I think I'll take a shot at your tentacled-guy, too.

My Art Thread.

BBS Signature

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-23 00:44:17

At 10/20/10 10:31 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 10/20/10 09:38 PM, argile wrote:

or just experimenting with a variety of different pencil art and general line techniques to see the result.

What type of Different Pencil art would you have in mind exactly? I'm not sure how to maintain patience right after three hours

Response to I'll draw your character- my style. 2010-10-23 01:49:34

At 10/23/10 12:44 AM, argile wrote:
At 10/20/10 10:31 PM, Lintire wrote:
At 10/20/10 09:38 PM, argile wrote:
or just experimenting with a variety of different pencil art and general line techniques to see the result.

What type of Different Pencil art would you have in mind exactly? I'm not sure how to maintain patience right after three hours

Three hours? Your patience is commendable, I'd go insane spending that long on a pencil piece.

There are quite a few techniques that you can slap on to this piece (that I've gone ahead and exampled for you, although it will, of course, look better if done in pencil).

Firming in - is basically slapping on a thicker line around the outline of the original picture. Helps a lot to add definition to the piece, stands it out from the background. It only needs to be slightly bigger then the original lien thickness. It's a fairly "cheap" technique, doesn't exactly require too much to do, but it helps.

Altering line thicknesses itself - that is, going into the picture and more or less outlining parts of the picture - best used on focal points, such as the eyes, and only needs to be slightly thicker then the original, but adds lien variety and makes the picture more interesting. I've put an example on, but it'll need to be used more subtly then that.

Details - tiny, tiny details can add that extra touch of realism to any piece. A few strokes of the pencil can turn a pair of pants into a really detailed pair of pants. It's adding the glare to shiny surfaces, the scales to anything, but it's best if not used overly - you don't want to clog up a piece with detail where simplicity would have worked just as well. Best to just add a few details here and there.

Shading - crosshatching, darkening, whatever your method, this really helps to bring a piece to life. Basically darkening whereever the sun doesn't smack. Sparingly, extensively, whatever, but this one only really becomes effective with practice, so you might want to have a few goes until you use it on anything serious or whatever.

Anyway, these minor additions can take anywhere from 5 minutes to half an hour, depending how quick you go and how mechanically indepth you are - that is, whether or not you want ever line perfect, or you can't be fucked and decide to just scribble it out.