00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Dumping Grounds 2008-10-26 20:09:18

Where are the dumping grounds? I was reading the FAQ again and got curious.

Q: What is File Storage?
A: File Storage, also called "Dumping Grounds," is mainly for users to share works-in-progress with their friends and collaborators. Upon upload, each file is given a random URL and linked only to the uploader's list of stored files. The only other people who have access to them are those who are given the URL for a particular file.
File Storage is not an image gallery. It was not designed for the purpose of showcasing art or photos, but so that users who are working on a project together can post their work for each other to view and download. Privacy is the main function of this feature.

Q: What kind of files can I store?
SInce it was designed mainly as a collaboration tool, the only file types allowed are .fla, .swf, .png, .gif, and .jpg. Whether you share these files with anyone else is up to you.

n/a

Response to Dumping Grounds 2008-10-26 20:27:27

I have no idea. It could be an obsolete feature that wasn't edited out of the FAQ.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Dumping Grounds 2008-10-27 10:18:27

That would be the Alphas.
Although you can't upload FLAs, JPGs, GIFs or PNGs because at the time, it put a bit of a dent into NG with so many users.

Response to Dumping Grounds 2008-10-27 10:27:20

I assumed this was a reference to Ng files.