00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fuck Halal!

8,754 Views | 54 Replies

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 14:42:45

At 10/24/08 02:34 PM, NeverHundred wrote: Okay, I think I have a solution. If you're getting your panties all bunched up over some muslim prayer here is your answer. A counter prayer that will make the previous prayer void. Thank Jesus for your meal... or if you're an athiest thank Darwin or yourself for your meal.

or just eat it and get by.
Why bother praying when you don't believe?
Save your time to debate it on NG forums :D

Please think of the Catgirls.

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 14:49:09

At 10/24/08 02:43 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
At 10/24/08 02:39 PM, NeverHundred wrote: Well yeah, that's why I added the counter atheism prayer.
You mentioned Jesus, as if they were opposites and if he WERE a Christian, not all Christians worship Christ, in fact, the vast majority, do not.

Ahem. which church do you go to? you're missing the WHOLE point of christianity.

And Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was a profit, pretty much the same as Muhammad. I'm sure there are quite a few Muslim sects that celebrate Christmas.
I know that Jesus was a prophet to them, but I also know that Muhammad is their final prophet, their big holy man. Quite frankly, Muslims celebrating Christmas is absurd, especially when they usually

complain about things such as the term "Merry Christmas"

Everyone can complain about something if we listen to their complaints. There are many things i don't like, but they are peoples opinions and as long as they don't hurt anyone, I'm fine with that. Perhaps we should all just grow up and let people worship their chosen God in the way they want.
If you're an atheist, perhaps you should pick one just to cover your bases. It could save your ass on the day of judgement :P

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:07:15

At 10/22/08 04:39 PM, DingoTheDog wrote: My question is, why the fuck does any non muslim accept it?

To my knowledge, there aren't any real hygienic issues, nor is there anything extremely disgusting about it.

So, ok, the animals throats get slit without sedatives and they are let to bleed to death, but if one eats meat at all, it's pretty hyporitical, because factory farmed meat is only tangiently better.

Don't worry, you can't catch muslim from halal meat.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:10:18

At 10/24/08 02:49 PM, Popeychops wrote:
Ahem. which church do you go to? you're missing the WHOLE point of christianity.

I was brought up in a Unitarian church, in Sunday school I was taught to respect all faiths and cultures. I don't even think the minister at my church really believed that what the bible said was true since whenever he read from it he'd add things like, "so it says." after each psalm.

Needless to say I wasn't brought up in a very religious community. And I'm okay with that. As long as you respect others and care about the people close to you than everything's fine.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:11:59

I don't, I'm Agnostic (I guess, for want of a better term). Most Christians worship God, Yaweh, Allah, whatever you want to call him. To some Christians, Christ is the son of God, to others, he is God, to others still, he is the son of the Demiurge. You're missing the WHOLE spectrum of Christianity.

Dude, its called the holy trinity.
God, 3 in 1, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
The entire basis of Christianity draws from that.
If anyone says differently then they are technically a Christianesque sect.
BTW us Xians will never worship Allah. its Elohim (eloi), Adonai, Jehovah, YHWH (YH). be careful with that, as ,strict christians and jews will never speak Yahweh out loud. its a respect thing we have.

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:12:48

At 10/24/08 03:10 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote:
In reality, none of these people are being hypocritical. DIngo can be concerned about the suffering of animals, yet still enjoy meat. What is hypocritical about that?

Singeling out Halal, to my knowledge, Kosher is mostly the same process, and as I said, factory farming isn't really any better.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:19:19

At 10/24/08 03:11 PM, Popeychops wrote:
I don't, I'm Agnostic (I guess, for want of a better term). Most Christians worship God, Yaweh, Allah, whatever you want to call him. To some Christians, Christ is the son of God, to others, he is God, to others still, he is the son of the Demiurge. You're missing the WHOLE spectrum of Christianity.
Dude, its called the holy trinity.
God, 3 in 1, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
The entire basis of Christianity draws from that.
If anyone says differently then they are technically a Christianesque sect.
BTW us Xians will never worship Allah. its Elohim (eloi), Adonai, Jehovah, YHWH (YH). be careful with that, as ,strict christians and jews will never speak Yahweh out loud. its a respect thing we have.

Really! hahaha, like I said in response to this statement before I was brought up on Unitarianism, Read that first line. The only thing I remembered from my church. Unitarianism as a theology is the belief in the single personality of God, in contrast to the doctrine of the Trinity

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:21:47

At 10/24/08 03:16 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: there should be a choice of all types of treatments, including meat killed in no religious manner, that would be true equality and true freedom of choice.

Well, like, duh.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:25:07

Not that I care, I stopped paying attention to religion for that precise reason. Why does all this doctrine and dogma matter, these superstitions. Some one makes a huge deal over how the turkey they eat is prepared. If they respected muslim faith, or at the very least the muslim's that are on there ship than why bother complaining about it. Simply don't eat the Halal turkey if it's that big a deal, you could complain, but it probably wont change anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:26:10

Really! hahaha, like I said in response to this statement before I was brought up on Unitarianism, Read that first line. The only thing I remembered from my church. Unitarianism as a theology is the belief in the single personality of God, in contrast to the doctrine of the Trinity

dude, thats why Unitarianism is not christianity. In a history lesson, you can't just say something unless you quote your sources.
A true christian only uses the bible as their source.
That is my view. yours may differ.

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:28:42

Is there something specifically wrong with the taste or price of the food? Do you have the option to have other food if you want it? Are you working for a company which chooses to follow the Muslim traditions in its work place?

Are you actually stuck in this, is it actually a problem, or do you just have a problem with the idea?

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:35:33

At 10/24/08 03:26 PM, Popeychops wrote:
dude, thats why Unitarianism is not christianity. In a history lesson, you can't just say something unless you quote your sources.
A true christian only uses the bible as their source.
That is my view. yours may differ.

I'm not here to defend religions or argue about faith. I'm just going to say that and drop the whole thing now. And that's pretty much all I have to say, nothing further on this thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-24 15:48:24

At 10/24/08 03:26 PM, Popeychops wrote: A true christian only uses the bible as their source.

But all denominations ignore various parts of the bible or twist them to fit their dogma. How do you justify this, who is a true christian?

Also, many beliefs of Catholcism are based on papal dogma, which are derived from the bible, but not directly from it, and many protestants base their beliefs on the bible-inspired philosophies of the formers of the sect.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 06:13:31

At 10/24/08 03:07 PM, JohnnyWang wrote:
At 10/22/08 04:39 PM, DingoTheDog wrote: My question is, why the fuck does any non muslim accept it?
To my knowledge, there aren't any real hygienic issues, nor is there anything extremely disgusting about it.
So, ok, the animals throats get slit without sedatives and they are let to bleed to death,

that is supposed to be Ironic, right?

but if one eats meat at all, it's pretty hyporitical, because factory farmed meat is only tangiently better.

Tangiently better? Halal Vs Humane

well ok I couldnt find the humane killing. But its essentially a jolt of electricity to the sheeps brain applied by a giant pair of calipers.

Don't worry, you can't catch muslim from halal meat.

Hur hur hur, your wit is so sharp it cut me good.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 06:26:45

Most of newgrounds is atheist therefore most people who go on newgrounds don't care.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 06:53:12

I hate all this religion shit. Fucking pointless if you ask me.

I fucking hate euphemism.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 07:01:27

Stop being such a xenophobic asshole. Their is no fucking difference between a halal turkey and a normal one, its the equivalent of being kosher, its a part of their religion. Its people like you that piss off Muslim Extremists.

Maybe later.....

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 07:33:29

If you don't follow the religion, you obviously can't believe that the meat is blessed, so you have nothing to fear by eating it.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 08:04:10

I dont have any sources ( i did read it in an egyptien newspaper) that slitting animals throats, as in getting out all of the blood before eating, is somewhat better because the when it is shot, the blood stays in there, and its just not healthy. P.S. Don't flame this I'm just saying what I read.

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 08:20:36

Still tastes like turkey right? Just eat it and accept some multiculturalism.

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 08:23:30

Halal? Yeah i fucking hate that hydrocolloid gelling-agent!

.....There was a hole. *sig by LimitedMortality*

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 14:21:56

At 10/25/08 08:20 AM, flashplayer5 wrote: Still tastes like turkey right? Just eat it and accept some multiculturalism.

Ive had all the multiculturalism i can handle for 1 life time. Im simply standing for what i belief, i accept muslims wish to eat Halal so they should accept that I refuse to eat halal.

BBS Signature

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 14:31:12

If they're that orthodox then they shouldn't be having anything to do with christmas, it being a (theoretically) christian festival and all.

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 14:45:34

At 10/25/08 02:35 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: My theory is this: Muslims are assholes.

They are certainly hyper-sensitive about everything, always pissing and moaning whenever something offends their faith, and the establishment can't wait to bend over backwards for them.

Response to Fuck Halal! 2008-10-25 16:14:30

At 10/22/08 04:39 PM, DingoTheDog wrote: Essentially you are eating something killed in the name of a religion you don't follow.

I get where you're coming from, but do you really have a choice here? It sucks that they have that whole Halal thing where you can only eat meat killed by Muslims, Christians, and Jews, but that's on them. Food is food if you ask me.