00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nordman1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,198 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-13 19:12:30

I am momentarily stepping outside of my self-imposed exile to let you know that you've really improved as an artist and, although some of your stuff still looks a bit rushed, on the pieces where you take your time, stuff looks really polished and well executed. You're also developing a pretty interesting style that is somewhere in between realism and cartooning, which I would liken to a sort of Americanized anime style. Anyway, I like it. Keep up the good work.

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-14 10:35:56

At 9/13/09 07:12 PM, johnnycancer wrote: I am momentarily stepping outside of my self-imposed exile to let you know that you've really improved as an artist and, although some of your stuff still looks a bit rushed, on the pieces where you take your time, stuff looks really polished and well executed. You're also developing a pretty interesting style that is somewhere in between realism and cartooning, which I would liken to a sort of Americanized anime style. Anyway, I like it. Keep up the good work.

Hey man.. Thanks a ton for that. I appreciate the kind words, and glad to hear someone else notices my improvement.

I swear to God I would NOT have improved A THIRD as much as I have without the wonderful people here at the NG community.

Seriously, so much I've learned from the (almost) year I've spent on the forums here... I love this place so much now.. :3 So much involvement here it's amazing...

Thank you again for the kind words!!

Here's another concept art, got back into that stuff again recently... It's a Talon scout. Well, lineart for it.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-16 11:04:49

What world awaits, what world awaits
When this one is dry and desolate
What world awaits, what world awaits
When this one is vacant and drained

And I'll watch it burn

Elevate yourself to the sun
Burn it black and let the ash rain down
Roaming through the celestial fields
A new seed a new beginning

Updated that thing I sent you..

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-23 11:54:18

Listening to a particular song by Coldplay. >_> Not a big fan of them, but this song is an exception.

"death and all his friends" is what it's called. :)

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-25 10:25:01

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-25 12:47:10

GUESS WHAT I'M TRYING TO PAINT BUT AM PROBABLY GOING TO GIVE UP ON JUST LIKE THAT OTHER PICTURE!?

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-25 15:44:43

At 9/25/09 12:47 PM, Rhunyc wrote: GUESS WHAT I'M TRYING TO PAINT BUT AM PROBABLY GOING TO GIVE UP ON JUST LIKE THAT OTHER PICTURE!?

is that half life 2 guard? they might be from HL1 i just dont know.

anyway i think your work is phenomenal and i love everything you do :D

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-25 16:29:32

At 9/25/09 12:47 PM, Rhunyc wrote: GUESS WHAT I'M TRYING TO PAINT BUT AM PROBABLY GOING TO GIVE UP ON JUST LIKE THAT OTHER PICTURE!?

it says combine in the tabs lol
i believe that is a fail
nice work though i cant do photoshop painting but you got it down

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-26 10:46:15

At 9/25/09 03:44 PM, ipodawesum wrote: is that half life 2 guard? they might be from HL1 i just dont know.

anyway i think your work is phenomenal and i love everything you do :D

Yep, it is. xD Except I'm making my own take on what's inside the helmet. But, I think it'll forever remain a w.i.p., unless some sadistic part of me wants to keep working on it... But I doubt that'll happen.

But thank man, I don't quite agree with it, but hey, I'll take it anyways. :) Much appreciated.

At 9/25/09 04:29 PM, ashman112 wrote:
it says combine in the tabs lol
i believe that is a fail
nice work though i cant do photoshop painting but you got it down

lmao, You know... As soon as I posted that, I read my post and looked at the picture and saw that.

/facepalm. That is a fail... D:

But thanks dude, I'm trying... I'm trying.

And hank, may or may not be rocking the fuck out.. Depending on if I find the will to finish this or not..

Man, what's up with me and not finishing pictures lately??? :<

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-26 14:25:12

At 9/26/09 10:46 AM, Rhunyc wrote: And hank, may or may not be rocking the fuck out.. Depending on if I find the will to finish this or not..

I loved your last hank pic, so be sure to finish this one!

Man, what's up with me and not finishing pictures lately??? :<

Yeah what is up with that?

also, on the other "can you guess what it is" pic, It really reminds me of an iPod... with the clickweel round his mouth, and the eye would be the screen...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-26 14:27:29

At 9/23/09 11:54 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Listening to a particular song by Coldplay. >_> Not a big fan of them, but this song is an exception.

"death and all his friends" is what it's called. :)

Never knew death was friends with a tall man in a top hat holding a cane.
You learn something new every day XD

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-09-26 22:40:06

At 9/26/09 02:25 PM, J-qb wrote:
I loved your last hank pic, so be sure to finish this one!

Sweet! I'll have to work on it then. :)

also, on the other "can you guess what it is" pic, It really reminds me of an iPod... with the clickweel round his mouth, and the eye would be the screen...

lol, after reading your comment... It really does resemble an iPod in a very odd sort of way... Maybe I could make it into an iPod-human hybrid of pain and torture?! :P

At 9/26/09 02:27 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Never knew death was friends with a tall man in a top hat holding a cane.
You learn something new every day XD

Haha, quite true. He's got a LOT more friends, but I didn't want to spend all day on em. So I just singled out a few of them, including that guy. ;D He told me he really wanted to be included, so I figured it'd be ok. :)

Thanks for the comments guys. :]

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-06 18:17:21

Here's some more of that concept art stuff.

It's a flyer dude for the kreeg. He's got pumps that suck out the venom from his blood stream, which then turns it into a weapon. It's supposed to counter the bumble-bee of the Talon.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-07 08:46:06

At 10/6/09 06:17 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's some more of that concept art stuff.

It's a flyer dude for the kreeg. He's got pumps that suck out the venom from his blood stream, which then turns it into a weapon. It's supposed to counter the bumble-bee of the Talon.

nice, you know; I really like your cleaner stuff...
Im guessing youre kind of similar to me in that the clean comicy stuff is fun to do, but you see the challenge in the more detailed/realistic pieces? Just thought Id mention that...

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-21 11:36:34

At 10/7/09 08:46 AM, J-qb wrote:
At 10/6/09 06:17 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's some more of that concept art stuff.

nice, you know; I really like your cleaner stuff...
Im guessing youre kind of similar to me in that the clean comicy stuff is fun to do, but you see the challenge in the more detailed/realistic pieces? Just thought Id mention that...

You're dead on. I love a challenge and trying to better myself through doing that..

Here's an upclose of my latest picture "Fuck this place."

It's nothing special, but I'm getting happy with how my coloring/shading is turning out lately..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-21 16:07:57

I like your work a lot. Some of it is really dark and messy, which is the same way I like to start out with most of my pictures. It's probably because of this that your art reminds me of mine. I know what I draw doesn't look exactly like what you draw, but it just seems to be that there's a small connection between the two.

Anyways, your work is really great, you should keep it up. I like your black-&-white work the most, but your coloring is outstanding as well.

Also, I never got to say thanks for scouting me earlier. So thanks.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-21 16:12:36

At 10/21/09 04:07 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote: I like your work a lot. Some of it is really dark and messy, which is the same way I like to start out with most of my pictures. It's probably because of this that your art reminds me of mine. I know what I draw doesn't look exactly like what you draw, but it just seems to be that there's a small connection between the two.

you know what, I noticed that too. I think its something in the shading and the compositions

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-24 15:21:23

At 10/21/09 04:07 PM, Tommy-Gun wrote: I like your work a lot. Some of it is really dark and messy, which is the same way I like to start out with most of my pictures. It's probably because of this that your art reminds me of mine. I know what I draw doesn't look exactly like what you draw, but it just seems to be that there's a small connection between the two.

Thank you sir, I appreciate that. I do try to keep it dark and messy. :3 I've noticed that as well with your works. It seems as though we enjoy the same sort of things as well (Half Life, Madness.. Things of that asskicking sort of nature). :)

Anyways, your work is really great, you should keep it up. I like your black-&-white work the most, but your coloring is outstanding as well.

I appreciate that, tons. Thank you very much for those nice words.

Also, I never got to say thanks for scouting me earlier. So thanks.

You're quite welcome. :) I hope to see great art from you in the future.

At 10/21/09 04:12 PM, J-qb wrote: you know what, I noticed that too. I think its something in the shading and the compositions

Something along those lines. :D

Anyways, I'm working on a new picture, that I've put a few hours into so far.. And I don't want to color it... I want to try out a new style perhaps. But, I wanna know if the shading hurts the eyes or not.. lol. I really can't tell, because I've been staring at my screen for the last 3-4 hours nonstop on little sleep. It seems like it does, but then again that just might be my lack of sleep.

So tell me from this chunk, does the shading hurt your eyes?

Any response would be appreciated... :)

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-24 16:14:58

At 10/24/09 03:21 PM, Rhunyc wrote: So tell me from this chunk, does the shading hurt your eyes?

yeah, it does kinda... it looks a bit messy, maybe if you zoom in a heap and do the shading like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-24 16:18:59

At 10/24/09 04:14 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 10/24/09 03:21 PM, Rhunyc wrote: So tell me from this chunk, does the shading hurt your eyes?

yeah, it does kinda... it looks a bit messy, maybe if you zoom in a heap and do the shading like that.

Thanks for the helpful advice sir. :) But I went ahead and just did with it what I thought was best anyways. xD

Check it out in full zoom ;D

Or just look at it small:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-24 16:28:07

At 10/24/09 04:18 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

Thanks for the helpful advice sir. :) But I went ahead and just did with it what I thought was best anyways. xD

youre welcome, It sure helps that its faded.
Nice drawing, nice composition. the main thing that bothers me is that the bookcase seems to start on top of his bed or something...
I know this is because of how far the bed is from the wall, but it still looks a bit iffy. Maybe if you place a nightstand between his bed and that wall.

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-24 16:38:01

At 10/24/09 04:28 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 10/24/09 04:18 PM, Rhunyc wrote:

youre welcome, It sure helps that its faded.
Nice drawing, nice composition. the main thing that bothers me is that the bookcase seems to start on top of his bed or something...
I know this is because of how far the bed is from the wall, but it still looks a bit iffy. Maybe if you place a nightstand between his bed and that wall.

lol... I know.. >: I really hate that bookcase, but I didn't want it to be bare... So I kept it there anyways. I'm reallllly tired so I think I'm gonna go to sleep. But I shall try to fix the problem when I come back to life. :D

I'm thinking a night stand would do it great justice. :) Thank you for the idea!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-10-26 04:42:16

opiahtetewadadafoifijpewafijfa w awewfawj.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-11-01 16:12:21

I've been stumbling upon a quite a few things. One of them is a class you can or cannot take along with it. 100% of the participation is all on you... Due date is nov. 15th

Sposed to paint a B+W facial portrait using the techniques he shows you. I didn't really use his techniques 100%...But hey, I'm learning a LOT from just doing this one picture...

reference is on the right..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-11-06 14:25:21

A shitty self-portrait. And quite a horsey-one as well.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-11-11 15:30:47

Here's another one, and hopefully the last one.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-11-11 18:39:14

At 11/11/09 03:30 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's another one, and hopefully the last one.

I'd say this one is the best, but I'd say the beard is a little to neat compared to the photo

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-11-15 13:57:26

At 11/11/09 06:39 PM, M-Vero wrote:
At 11/11/09 03:30 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's another one, and hopefully the last one.
I'd say this one is the best, but I'd say the beard is a little to neat compared to the photo

Thank you much dude. And yeah... :< I know. I was trying to figure out how to do the beard with the specified brush, but urf... It wasn't working out too well, so I just rushed that. That and the shirt. The shirt can burn in hell.

:D

Here's a girl. It's an elaboration on a posemaniacs pose I drewedededdrawewdeded. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-11-19 12:09:52

So there are a bajillion and a million and a half things I should be doing right now with my art skills, but I really don't want to..

I've been wanting to draw out all these ideas. But, eh, I just lose interest and/or think the ideas I have in mind are either too complicated or too nonsensical.

Here's something I started earlier today and already am losing patience with..

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-11-19 22:50:59

This one's pretty damn epic. Although I normally frown upon people drawing from looking at an object, self portraits are sort of an exception for me. Awesome work!