00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

aniMATING just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,197 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-04-21 04:16:49

At 4/20/09 02:57 PM, Apple-Juice wrote: Cool thread :).
i really enjoy your abstract stuff, keep it up.

At 4/20/09 12:55 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's like an hour or so of practice... Expanding my color palette. ;D
lol interesting...
it'll look cool once you clean it up :P

Lol, thanks AJ. I'm glad you like at least some of my stuff. :D

Here's another photomanip. of myself. xD Just because I'm a lame-tard and actually have fun doing it. :D

Aye, dark times heed dark feelings.

I named it "What I'm Becoming"

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-03 11:24:30

Made another robot thing. I'll call it "Isis," because that's what I was listening to while I made it. xD

And I made it all abstract and stuff. >_>

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-03 15:46:50

Moar photo-editing. :3

I drew the gasmask in this one. Check it out on my dfart, for more info (I uploaded a copy before the filter and such.)

[Exerpt from dA, cuz I'm too lazy to re-write it in a more "down-to-earth" way:]: Trying to get this to look realistic as possible. (Minus the filter.)

I did draw/paint the gasmask on my own. I also hand edited the filter to make it look more how I wanted it to.. So, it's not as if I slapped a filter on it and it turned out like this. I did a lot of minor tweaking to it. :)

I'm quite pleased with my progress in photo-editing. My main goal in this is to just be able to whip-up bad-ass profile pictures for like Facebook or something. Just to creep my friends out. :3

Meshuggah's Catch Thirty-Three was the main inspiration behind this one.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-04 07:40:31

I drew pikachu! xD

I'm probably gonna be a whore and put this into the VG art thread as well, so this is just a warning.

But yeah, I wanted to turn Pikachu into something dark/badass. Just for kicks and giggles, you know.

Thinking about throwin in a background of some sort.

Caption I was thinking about adding was "You have encountered a wild Pikachu!...Shit!" Or "Go Pikachu! I choose.........Nevermind."

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-05 16:46:53

FINISHED MY PIKACHU.

>:D

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-06 13:12:55

At 5/5/09 05:47 PM, reanimator54 wrote:
At 10/21/08 04:39 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Well, here's another one I did a while ago. I have a morbid kind-of style, so watch out?

This one I did while listening to Job For a Cowboy, Behemoth, and Nine Inch Nails. :)

(And yeah, I don't get a lot of crit on dA, so I'm kinda expanding my feedback horizons, I guess.)
wow cool drawing man

Thanks sir.

And, I drew a retarded pikachu this time around..

So, last night at work. I was thinking about my dark Pikachu... And I thought about how much fun it was drawing it. Then I thought randomly... "I should draw a retarded pikachu!" So all of last night all I thought about drawing a retarded Pikachu.

And it birthed this.

It's called "the Pikachu who cannot be caught," because well, he can't be caught. Which explains the pokeballs just layin' around him. He became mentally ill from repetitive strikes to the head, due to poketrainers and their damned persistence to capture this pokemon. Some people suspect that the toast it holds gives this particular Pikachu some sort of invulnerability to being captured.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-06 18:13:52

At 5/6/09 01:12 PM, Rhunyc wrote: And, I drew a retarded pikachu this time around

I believe that like to be referred to as "different"

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-07 09:17:14

At 5/6/09 06:13 PM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 5/6/09 01:12 PM, Rhunyc wrote: And, I drew a retarded pikachu this time around
I believe that like to be referred to as "different"

I was waiting for someone to correct me. :P

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-10 16:05:45

Been delving into deeper emotions now..
"I know times have been rough dear, but let me tell you... There's nothing worse than being here alone. I got only myself to rely on, and you're probably the same. So, let's relax this one night... These miles we share, that tore us apart, let them be no matter now. Let's take a quick break from our new lives to write a short, but beautiful chapter together.

Lets forget the distance. Let's forget the arguments. Let's forget the tears. Instead, I have a new plan. Let's imagine there's no distance. Let's imagine there were no bad times. Let's just imagine that we're with each other, sharing the same air. If you try hard enough, I know you can... Because I can.

So, if you would like to join me outside, I'd love for you to accompany me in enjoying this almost perfect sunset dear, for all it is missing, is you."

Yeah... Haven't done something like this in forever.

I really wanted to... I might do another one. We'll see...

I just felt like trying to make something beautiful.. Hopefully it worked.

(Yeah, I wrote the words too. Incase it weren't obvious.)

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-11 05:34:35

At 5/10/09 04:05 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Been delving into deeper emotions now..

I do like the art accompanying this writing. Also, I think it's about time you showed us an update of your entry for the miniposter contest.

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-11 06:51:35

At 5/11/09 05:34 AM, johnnycancer wrote:
I do like the art accompanying this writing. Also, I think it's about time you showed us an update of your entry for the miniposter contest.

Thanks. :) :)

Ask and you shall receive. :D

I've kinda been busy lately, so I haven't done a lot... Just worked on her face a little. Hopefully face it pretty. xD

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-05-11 06:53:28

At 5/11/09 06:51 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 5/11/09 05:34 AM, johnnycancer wrote:
Thanks. :) :)

Ask and you shall receive. :D

I've kinda been busy lately, so I haven't done a lot... Just worked on her face a little. Hopefully face it pretty. xD

Wow.. I've also been listening to rap lately. I think it has an obvious affect on my grammar. D:

I meant to say "Hopefully her face is pretty."

xD I'm gonna work on it for like a few hours this morning starting after I finish typing. :D So, maybe I'll have more to show. :)

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-06 14:00:53

*BUMP*

:3

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-07 09:21:08

Tattoo idea I had in my head. :)

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-12 10:57:03

lololololol moar concept stuff

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-15 14:33:54

Mmmmmmm... BUMBLE BEE GO.

;D

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-16 11:35:20

Bumblebee is finished. :O

And it's not the transformer's version. It's the Talon's assault/close-range mecha-based infantry unit.

It's got jump-jets and dual flame-throwers. :D

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-16 17:03:06

It's been raining the past couple of days. <3

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-16 22:58:21

At 5/5/09 04:46 PM, Rhunyc wrote: FINISHED MY PIKACHU.

that pikachu in the grass is the best...quality work man

http://afilthycomic.thecomicseries.com/

Tetsuooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!"

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-20 11:07:09

At 6/16/09 10:58 PM, daftcrunk wrote:
At 5/5/09 04:46 PM, Rhunyc wrote: FINISHED MY PIKACHU.

that pikachu in the grass is the best...quality work man

Hey thanks sir. :)

Here's a WIP i've got going.

Getting more comfortable with dynamics and stuff... I think.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-20 12:24:39

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-23 18:48:11

Practicing my realism. :)

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-24 14:41:41

I think their awesome!, yeah the hands are not as good but hands are the hardest part of the body to draw so considering i think you did a great job.

Keep Posting art

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-25 10:54:03

At 6/24/09 02:41 PM, Azza451 wrote: I think their awesome!, yeah the hands are not as good but hands are the hardest part of the body to draw so considering i think you did a great job.

Keep Posting art

Thanks yo. :)

I started up a store for anyone interested. I only have a couple items up... Check it out.

I got a few requests for Inner Feelings as a tshirt/poster, so I thought I'd share it, incase anyone else cares.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-25 13:34:56

Shazzam!!

(practicing shading and poses)

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-25 18:10:43

At 6/25/09 01:34 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Shazzam!!

hmm, nice
the ninjas eye is weird/blocky, his hind leg is way too big, his ear should be more at the back of his (near the center in this perspective).
also: what is up with the weird highlighted thing at the back of his (ninja) neck.
also also: hands and feet seem to be a bit large, but that could be a stylistick choice, also the right ones head is much bigger than the ninjas.

just trying to be constructive here, keep up the good work

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-26 08:16:38

At 6/25/09 06:10 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 6/25/09 01:34 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Shazzam!!

hmm, nice
the ninjas eye is weird/blocky, his hind leg is way too big, his ear should be more at the back of his (near the center in this perspective).
also: what is up with the weird highlighted thing at the back of his (ninja) neck.
also also: hands and feet seem to be a bit large, but that could be a stylistick choice, also the right ones head is much bigger than the ninjas.

just trying to be constructive here, keep up the good work

Some constructive criticism... yes!

Thanks dude. :) K, the neck thing is supposed to be like wrinkles.. How sometimes at the back of a neck, the skin wrinkles.. I was trying to throw that in there.

Greatly appreciated though. The eye was meant to be kinda darkened out, so I don't know if I got that right, or really it's just bad looking overall.

:) Thanks!

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-06-26 08:54:01

At 6/26/09 08:16 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Some constructive criticism... yes!

Thanks dude. :) K, the neck thing is supposed to be like wrinkles.. How sometimes at the back of a neck, the skin wrinkles.. I was trying to throw that in there.

Ah, like that, I think it should be a bit lower in that case... not sure though

Greatly appreciated though. The eye was meant to be kinda darkened out, so I don't know if I got that right, or really it's just bad looking overall.

My bad on the eye, I just realize that the lighter area around the eye wasnt his hey but his skin, since he is wearing a ninja suit. Eye is ok then I guess, bit simple.

) Thanks!

Youre welcome

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-07-06 15:59:31

"THERE'S NO GOD TO RELEASE YOU! THERE'S NO GOD TO MAKE YOU FALL DOWN TO YOUR KNEES! THERE'S NO GOD TO CONSUME YOU!

THERE'S NO GOD! NO IT'S ALL AN ILLUSION!"

Ohhhh.... The newest Darkest Hour CD kicks so much ass.

So I drew a picture while listening to it, and this came out.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2009-07-18 14:13:43

;)

Check it out in my art, to see what it's about or whatevs. I hate explaining shit over and over. ><

;D

Rhunyc's arts?