00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Rhunyc's arts?

155,664 Views | 1,235 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-03 18:00:35

Eye'm afraid of Rhunyc using all this colour, eye really am.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-04 22:33:54

At 3/3/11 04:04 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: Eye see what you did thar.

Eye'm grateful that you did!

At 3/3/11 05:41 PM, HotCakes wrote: EYE like how your putting more intense colors in your art now, they look more alive :)

Thank you, sir! Most appreciated!

At 3/3/11 05:46 PM, SoConfused wrote: Fixed, also eye like the light that's reflected in the pupil, eye think it really adds life to the picture.

Eye thank you for noticing that. :) It's appreciated.

At 3/3/11 06:00 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Eye'm afraid of Rhunyc using all this colour, eye really am.

Eye don't know why really, it's eyemazing!

Oh god, no more eyes after this, puhlease? Actually I have no clue. But yeah, I thought I'd be done with this picture by now.. I guess the study I'm participating in, the teacherguy wants us to make as close to a replica as we can of the original eye image.. So I've included the original in this pic so you guys can see what I'm trying to achieve. :)

After copying and pasting the eye i've been painting next to it, I can already tell it's too wide.. ><

OH WHATEVER

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-05 00:44:38

I won't discuss the geometrical differences between your render and the original picture because I think that's not the point; it's all about your technique!

I think there are several things you could do to increase the realism of all of it. First off, you can further polish the skin by eliminating the colored patches of a single color on the skin around the eye. This means taking a softer brush, reducing the opacity to something like 20%, and smoothing every patch of color until it's all well blended together. You can do it pretty fast too, if you keep a finger on "alt" while using the brush tool. Pressing alt will instantly switch to the eyedrop tool so you can quickly pick a new color to smooth the shading with.

If you polish the colors more, you will get a plastic-ish look to the skin. It'll be nice looking, but not very natural. A quick glance at the photo (or at real skin, for that matter) will show that you need to add some texture to it, or at least some irregularity to gain more realism. There are few shortcuts to this, but painting it by hand is one way, and usually adding a blurred, monochromatic (black and white) gaussian grain as an overlay layer over the skin adds to the realism because it suggests the skin's grit. A trick I like to use as well is creating a custom irregular brush, the kind you could use to paint dirt. A splash of multiple spots is more suited to painting skin than the perfectly round, flat default photoshop brush!

Hope this helps! You are doing great by the way :D

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-10 07:05:47

At 3/5/11 12:44 AM, Vonschlippe wrote: Hope this helps! You are doing great by the way :D

Woooooooow... Thank you for the awesome feedback!!!!!! Such helpful advice. :3 Will definitely take note of that. :)

In other news, here's like 2-3 hours of photoshop painting funtime stuff.

Rhunyc's arts?

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-12 10:14:14

Here's roughly 40 min of painting in photoshop.

Listening to Tech N9ne (wtf?) so naturally I want to draw a gun.

Just making up a famas wannabe, I'm thinking it's more along the line of a mini famas, like a famas-type smg. :3

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-12 11:38:22

At 3/12/11 10:14 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Just making up a famas wannabe, I'm thinking it's more along the line of a mini famas, like a famas-type smg. :3

Did you use the line tools and what not on the gun?

They look really clean.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-12 12:00:38

At 3/12/11 11:38 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/12/11 10:14 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Just making up a famas wannabe, I'm thinking it's more along the line of a mini famas, like a famas-type smg. :3
Did you use the line tools and what not on the gun?
They look really clean.

Well technically no, but basically yes. I don't use a tool, I just hold the shift key and move left and right/up and down and it does a straight (either straight horizontal or vertical.. no angled at all) line.

I do that for my guns when I draw them.. no sense in trying to draw a straight line free-handedly.. just a waste of time. :/

also; update

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-12 12:05:25

At 3/12/11 12:00 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I do that for my guns when I draw them.. no sense in trying to draw a straight line free-handedly.. just a waste of time. :/

Yeah, that makes sense, and it doesn't detract from the awesomeness.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-12 13:12:31

At 3/12/11 12:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 3/12/11 12:00 PM, Rhunyc wrote: I do that for my guns when I draw them.. no sense in trying to draw a straight line free-handedly.. just a waste of time. :/
Yeah, that makes sense, and it doesn't detract from the awesomeness.

Well glad you think so. :3

Here it is finished.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-17 07:07:09

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-17 08:35:27

At 3/17/11 07:07 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's something else new.. >.>

And it comes straight the FUCK outta nowhere.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-17 15:29:23

At 3/17/11 07:07 AM, Rhunyc wrote: Here's something else new.. >.>

Badass

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-18 04:40:26

Well glad you think so. :3

Here it is finished.

nice!!
i would have liked to see more texture in the clothes, to meet up with the grungy style.
but it's still great!

Current Art Thread some NSFW (2022)

Past Art Thread (2013-2020)

**If you want to learn how to draw Direct Message me! I'm looking to teach people.**

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-18 05:28:33

your pieces could use a little smoothing out, but other then that you have AWESOME and very dark pieces! :D :D

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-23 15:01:46

At 3/17/11 08:35 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: And it comes straight the FUCK outta nowhere.

Like a ninja in the night??

At 3/17/11 03:29 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Badass

Glad you think so sir :) I appreciate that!

At 3/18/11 04:40 AM, Spac3case916 wrote: nice!!
i would have liked to see more texture in the clothes, to meet up with the grungy style.
but it's still great!

Thank you, I appreciate that. :D I'm gonna start trying to work on clothing textures.. I got a wonderful tutorial from vonschlippe that I'm gonna trying out here soon. :)

At 3/18/11 05:28 AM, silversunned wrote: your pieces could use a little smoothing out, but other then that you have AWESOME and very dark pieces! :D :D

Thanks man, I agree.. I need to be more patient and polish out the pieces I work on before I submit them.. but I just get so excited to throw em out and see what people think that I just can't help myself sometimes. I'm getting better with that though, I promise. :)

Here's a wip of another madness pic. I'm redoing the angel/reaper hank idea i've done in two separate pieces..

:) Gonna try to take enough time on it so I don't have to keep updating it after I say it's "finished" lololololoeiahtepoifj.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-03-23 20:43:26

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-02 14:03:58

Yep, here's an hour long painting of a dude (looks quite a bit like I do, actually.. I almost considered calling it a "self portrait".. But lal) that I recorded myself painting/drawing from start (well basically the start, like I drew a couple lines quickly before I realized I wanted to record myself, so nevermind those lines), so that you guys can all see how I paint and stuff.

I also threw in two of the songs I listened to while painting them. They're a pretty mellow pop band (whatever the genre is, is up to you.. idc), they're called "The Academy Is.." so hopefully you dig it. :) If not, well there's always a mute button. :D

ANNWAYS, hopefully you guys enjoy. :D

Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbdMjSnfA c0&feature=channel_video_title

WARNING. The video likes to flash black a LOT and I have no fucking clue why. I used camstasia recording software.. So idk if that's a common problem or not, but yeah, It may just hurt your eyes. :S

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-02 14:05:43

At 4/2/11 02:03 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Yep, here's an hour long painting of a dude (looks quite a bit like I do, actually..

Yeah, just missing the chin scruff.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-03 11:06:16

At 4/2/11 02:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/2/11 02:03 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Yep, here's an hour long painting of a dude (looks quite a bit like I do, actually..
Yeah, just missing the chin scruff.

I'm missing the chin scruff too, I've been shaving. :O

Anyways, here's another recording of myself (without shitty flickering), and here's the painting:

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-03 11:50:54

At 4/3/11 11:06 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 4/2/11 02:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yeah, just missing the chin scruff.

WHAT? WHY? WHY YOU BEEN SHAVING?????

How are we supposed to be the 3 guys with hats and chin beards anymore?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-06 16:31:23

At 4/3/11 11:50 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/3/11 11:06 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 4/2/11 02:05 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yeah, just missing the chin scruff.
WHAT? WHY? WHY YOU BEEN SHAVING?????
How are we supposed to be the 3 guys with hats and chin beards anymore?

WELL IN MY DEFENSE THE LADIES LIKE IT.

Implying I talk to or have any lady friends.
LOLOLOLOLOL.

*cough* Now here's something I'm working on.. Any errors in how things look? I mean that in an anatomical and perspective way. I am aware that the coloring looks like shit and so do the details lololol, i'm just curious if everything clicks and makes sense.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-06 16:42:06

At 4/6/11 04:31 PM, Rhunyc wrote: WELL IN MY DEFENSE THE LADIES LIKE IT.

WELL ALL THE LADIES LOVE MY CHIN BEARD.

*cough* Now here's something I'm working on.. Any errors in how things look? I mean that in an anatomical and perspective way. I am aware that the coloring looks like shit and so do the details lololol, i'm just curious if everything clicks and makes sense.

Looks pretty decent in the posing, guy on the left has the funky hair going on. Is the one on the right you?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-06 16:52:01

At 4/6/11 04:42 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/6/11 04:31 PM, Rhunyc wrote: WELL IN MY DEFENSE THE LADIES LIKE IT.
WELL ALL THE LADIES LOVE MY CHIN BEARD.

Looks pretty decent in the posing, guy on the left has the funky hair going on. Is the one on the right you?

Lol the guy on the left is also a chick... with boobs. :|

note to self, make the chick less manly?

And nope, it's not me. But I guess it could be. Idk. Just a character design that's easy for me to draw. :P

If it were me, this would definitely not be anything related to my life.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-06 17:31:07

At 4/6/11 04:52 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Lol the guy on the left is also a chick... with boobs. :|

Well, the character is rather androgynous at the moment with the lack of detailing. I just initially thought the character was hunched over.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-06 17:37:03

At 4/6/11 05:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/6/11 04:52 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Lol the guy on the left is also a chick... with boobs. :|
Well, the character is rather androgynous at the moment with the lack of detailing. I just initially thought the character was hunched over.

Ahh, regardless, I made her more feminine.. hopefully. :P Gonna play with her hair a bit more though to make it look better yet, so hopefully it'll look less funky

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-06 18:28:34

At 4/6/11 05:37 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Ahh, regardless, I made her more feminine.. hopefully. :P Gonna play with her hair a bit more though to make it look better yet, so hopefully it'll look less funky

Yes, boobs more noticable now.

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-06 19:12:31

At 4/6/11 06:28 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/6/11 05:37 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Ahh, regardless, I made her more feminine.. hopefully. :P Gonna play with her hair a bit more though to make it look better yet, so hopefully it'll look less funky
Yes, boobs more noticable now.

lol, glad it worked. xD

I think I'm done with it now though.

Rhunyc's arts?

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-07 04:48:59

awesome dude keep it up!

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-13 14:25:56

At 4/7/11 04:48 AM, YellowisCOOL wrote: awesome dude keep it up!

Thanks!

also, this is a useless bump with no art.
I guess it's kind of useful to notify everyone that I changed my signature :D

Response to Rhunyc's arts? 2011-04-13 16:27:08

And here's a worthwhile bump.

Rhunyc's arts?