Be a Supporter!

Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List

  • 317,600 Views
  • 5,054 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-06-15 16:12:30 Reply

At 4/18/17 02:08 PM, Haggard wrote: Thanks for the update. Nice work, as always. Was on a nice posting spree the past few weeks, but I'm in the middle of moving (bought a house! :) ), so I don't really have time to post too much right now.

Oh nice! Must be awesome owning your own place, the ground on which it resides and all. Reading this a bit late - I guess you're all settled in by now?

But I still plan on reaching 9,000+ posts this year, haha.

Still plenty of time to rise like a Dragon! It'll be a Ball! Hope to be up at 25k before this year's done too, but not as much wit with that one.

At 4/18/17 02:08 PM, NekoMika wrote: Went up 1 rank to 68, awww yisss. Slow and steady will get you places; maybe not super fast but at a steady pace.

It's the way to go! Superlate congrats on the reliable rise. :)

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-06-16 16:11:15 Reply

Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #38 (5/17/2017)

Thanks @GUTHRIE for the duplicate notice! All fixed. Aaand not much else noteworthy to report really. So incredibly little it's worth noting. Enjoy the update!

Top 5 Gainers

Rank | Total Stat Gain | User

1. 1689 Cyberdevil
2. 1602 StatKing
3. 1563 DoctorStrongbad
4. 1561 fixit
5. 1490 GUTHRIE

(Biggest Loser): Gagsy -17

Times Placed in Top 5

Rank | Times Placed | User | +/-

01. 31 Cyberdevil
02. 27 DoctorStrongbad
03. 19 fixit
04. 12 VJF
05. 11 TTRM
06. 8 classroomdj
07. 8 Glamdrung
08. 6 MatthewF
09. 6 SFS1313
10. 5 Idiot-Finder
11. 5 Tribal
12. 5 MessiaH
13. 4 gamejunkie
14. 4 StatKing +3
15. 3 EventHorizon -1
16. 3 Dev -1
17. 3 AfroUnderscoreStud -1
18. 2 Shantom
19. 2 Viper
20. 2 sushi13
21. 2 classroomdj
22. 2 Pokemonpoeguygcn
23. 2 GUTHRIE +13
24. 1 LiquidFire -1
25. 1 ViceFullbuster -1
26. 1 queenofbabes -1
27. 1 Asandir -1
28. 1 Alexil -1
29. 1 greatguy92 -1
30. 1 MegaGold -1
31. 1 Gooch -1
32. 1 XwaynecoltX -1
33. 1 Pyro-911 -1
34. 1 yeahha -1
35. 1 Revenger44 -1
36. 1 LIBPUCKCHICK -1
37. 1 byteslinger

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-06-17 17:48:11 Reply

Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #39 (6/17/2017)

Congrats @VicariousE on climbing up to 2x10K Stats! And Happy Summer! Next update will be a while away.

Top 5 Gainers

Rank | Total Stat Gain | User

1. 1308 fixit
2. 1298 GUTHRIE
3. 1190 DoctorStrongbad
4. 1186 StatKing
5. 1182 LIBPUCKCHICK

(Biggest Loser): Sensationalism -26870 (posts purged... but why?!)

Times Placed in Top 5

Rank | Times Placed | User | +/-

01. 31 Cyberdevil
02. 28 DoctorStrongbad
03. 20 fixit
04. 12 VJF
05. 11 TTRM
06. 8 classroomdj
07. 8 Glamdrung
08. 6 MatthewF
09. 6 SFS1313
10. 5 Idiot-Finder
11. 5 Tribal
12. 5 MessiaH
13. 5 StatKing +1
14. 4 gamejunkie -1
15. 3 EventHorizon
16. 3 Dev
17. 3 AfroUnderscoreStud
18. 3 GUTHRIE +5
19. 2 Shantom -1
20. 2 Viper -1
21. 2 sushi13 -1
22. 2 classroomdj -1
23. 2 Pokemonpoeguygcn -1
24. 2 LIBPUCKCHICK +12
25. 1 LiquidFire -1
26. 1 ViceFullbuster -1
27. 1 queenofbabes -1
28. 1 Asandir -1
29. 1 Alexil -1
30. 1 greatguy92 -1
31. 1 MegaGold -1
32. 1 Gooch -1
33. 1 XwaynecoltX -1
34. 1 Pyro-911 -1
35. 1 yeahha -1
36. 1 Revenger44 -1
37. 1 byteslinger

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-06-20 13:52:14 Reply

At 6/17/17 05:48 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #39 (6/17/2017)

Thanks for the update!

Finally found out that @harryjarry is at Exp rank #79 now (strange, I looked at his stats but I guess I didn't look closely enough?). He's 160 Exp ahead of me right now, so it isn't too long until I can finally climb into the Top 80 Exp Users for sure. Cool.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-06-20 13:57:56 Reply

At 6/15/17 04:12 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 4/18/17 02:08 PM, Haggard wrote: Thanks for the update. Nice work, as always. Was on a nice posting spree the past few weeks, but I'm in the middle of moving (bought a house! :) ), so I don't really have time to post too much right now.
Oh nice! Must be awesome owning your own place, the ground on which it resides and all.

Yes. Know you really know what you are paying for. Every payment you make is one payment less you will have to make in the future. Unlike rent, where all your hard earned money goes into the pocket of somebody else...

Reading this a bit late - I guess you're all settled in by now?

Well... no. ;)
There's still a lot of work to do. The hall, for example, has a bright orange carpet and a light blue wallpaper. I mean... it's not really appealing to the eye. But since it's a hall that connects to floors (ie it's not a Bungalow) it's too difficult to redecorate it on our own, so I guess we will pay a professional to do this for us. But money is a bit short right now.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer

At 6/17/17 05:48 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #39 (6/17/2017)

Well that list is not correct. My EXP did not change from previous month & you have my total gain as +96 which cant possibly be right. 30 days times 10 EXP per day is 300 minimum gain for me. My Blams & Saves did not change. In fact none of my stats have changed from last month to this month yet I have +96 gain. How does that work? Something has gone terribly wrong here.

Okay, ignore all that & tell me why all the links (posted in this forum) from previous Lists go to the current list? Because I like to compare lists to see how I've progressed but all I'm getting is the current list. The Archive lists links work. I had to use them because the NG links to previous lists direct me to the current list.

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Writer

At 6/17/17 05:48 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #39 (6/17/2017)

Congrats @VicariousE on climbing up to 2x10K Stats! And Happy Summer! Next update will be a while away.

Couldn't even do that with a time machine and a backpack, sooo whatever glitch Gamejunkie had likely affected me too... since this the first time I've ever been listed here. Unless I was on a 1x10K list, and my stats carried over, as is? Thanks Cyberdevil!

At 6/20/17 01:57 PM, Haggard wrote: There's still a lot of work to do. The hall, for example, has a bright orange carpet and a light blue wallpaper. I mean... it's not really appealing to the eye. But since it's a hall that connects to floors (ie it's not a Bungalow) it's too difficult to redecorate it on our own, so I guess we will pay a professional to do this for us. But money is a bit short right now.

My Pop always said, you can do better work than the pros: because you'll be learning and moving slowly at the same time, so less chance of error. Secondly, it's you doing it for yourself: if the guy who carved up and repaved the road outside my house had lived here, it would likely have been more of a quality job... ick, checked 2 top 10 YT vids on the subject. Anyway, best wishes and happiness on making the new home, your home.


Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.
If I'm not here, you can find me racing on GTA: Online, gamertag: VicariousE

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-06-28 14:36:09 Reply

At 6/24/17 09:54 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 6/20/17 01:57 PM, Haggard wrote: There's still a lot of work to do. The hall, for example, has a bright orange carpet and a light blue wallpaper. I mean... it's not really appealing to the eye. But since it's a hall that connects to floors (ie it's not a Bungalow) it's too difficult to redecorate it on our own, so I guess we will pay a professional to do this for us. But money is a bit short right now.
My Pop always said, you can do better work than the pros: because you'll be learning and moving slowly at the same time, so less chance of error. Secondly, it's you doing it for yourself: if the guy who carved up and repaved the road outside my house had lived here, it would likely have been more of a quality job... ick, checked 2 top 10 YT vids on the subject.

I kindly disagree. Pros really cannot afford poor work, not when a bad review can be very harmful to your business. Plus, sometimes as an amateur you don't even have the tools necessary to carry out the work properly (like, how am I supposed to hang up wallpapers in a hall where I can't even reach the ceiling? It's not like I can put a regular ladder on the stairs...)
Plus, I am really satisfied with how the living room looks. We had a painter paint the walls and someone who installed the parquet floor. Yes, we could have done this ourselves, but it's also a matter of time.

Anyway, best wishes and happiness on making the new home, your home.

Thank you very much. :)


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 38
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-07-02 12:54:02 Reply

At 6/28/17 02:36 PM, Haggard wrote: Thank you very much. :)

I could stretch and tack a small rug area, almost no tools... but wallpaper, OMG yeah that's a nightmare, I'm sure it's not that hard for a pro, but I've never seen paperhanging go well (and never seen it done this century). Worst I had was dry walling a California bathroom, only one corner was a true 90.


Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.
If I'm not here, you can find me racing on GTA: Online, gamertag: VicariousE

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-07-04 14:43:33 Reply

At 7/2/17 12:54 PM, VicariousE wrote:
At 6/28/17 02:36 PM, Haggard wrote: Thank you very much. :)
I could stretch and tack a small rug area, almost no tools... but wallpaper, OMG yeah that's a nightmare, I'm sure it's not that hard for a pro, but I've never seen paperhanging go well (and never seen it done this century). Worst I had was dry walling a California bathroom, only one corner was a true 90.

Yeah, especially hanging a wallpaper under a roof slope. We needed three people to get it done. And yes, 90° angles are a rarity...


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Member since: Feb. 18, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-08-15 20:42:09 Reply

At 6/17/17 05:48 PM, Cyberdevil wrote: Welcome to the 2x10k Hexalist - Update #39 (6/17/2017)

... Thanks for the update! Good to see ye olde Hexalist still at it. ;D

1. 1308 fixit
2. 1298 GUTHRIE
3. 1190 DoctorStrongbad
4. 1186 StatKing
5. 1182 LIBPUCKCHICK

goddamned fixit! wasn't he dead for awhile? He came back with a vengeance, eh?

Quick question about the website formatting... so say, here:

> Combined Type Stat Totals Averages
> Experience: 13,084,629 ( 15,280 ) 23,282 ( -14,74 )

So that's 13084629 total EXP on the entire hexalist at present (everyone with at least 2 stats to 10k still, it appears)... which is +15280 since last update, I presume. And that's an average of 23282 exp per user... which is down 14.74?

Just a bit confusing because it seems like you're using commas for the first 3 numbers, American-style, and using a comma instead of a period for the decimal place on the 4th number, European-style. Or so it appears to me, correct me if I've misinterp'd, but just wanted to mention it in case it was by accident.


gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-10-20 03:40:53 Reply

At 6/20/17 01:52 PM, Haggard wrote: ...isn't too long until I can finally climb into the Top 80 Exp Users for sure. Cool.

Cool for sure!

At 6/20/17 01:57 PM, Haggard wrote: Yes. Know you really know what you are paying for. Every payment you make is one payment less you will have to make in the future. Unlike rent, where all your hard earned money goes into the pocket of somebody else...

Yeah, that too, I was thinking more of how you'd be really owning a piece of the world. The ground on which you stand. Apartments are like cages in the air. Ungrounded. Immaterial. Not down to Earth at all. Not that anyone actually owns anything here, we're all just borrowing a piece of something so much greater than ourselves, but the notion's still... pretty cool!

Well... no. ;)
There's still a lot of work to do. The hall, for example, has a bright orange carpet and a light blue wallpaper. I mean... it's not really appealing to the eye. But since it's a hall that connects to floors (ie it's not a Bungalow) it's too difficult to redecorate it on our own, so I guess we will pay a professional to do this for us. But money is a bit short right now.

Sounds a bit like the graphics of good 'ol RetroGade! :D Strong contrasts! Wallpaper should be pretty easy to change at least. Carpets though, you can't just cover them with anything new ... though seems like few people share that opinion here! XD Wallpaper changes are pretty common over here, anyway. People often put up new layers over the old ones by themselves. We rarely ever have built-in carpets though, so no experience with that at all.

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Writer

At 6/21/17 12:47 AM, gamejunkie wrote: Well that list is not correct. My EXP did not change from previous month & you have my total gain as +96 which cant possibly be right. 30 days times 10 EXP per day is 300 minimum gain for me. My Blams & Saves did not change. In fact none of my stats have changed from last month to this month yet I have +96 gain. How does that work? Something has gone terribly wrong here.

Oh man, my bad. Looks like I missed the EXP column on the last update. :/ This explains a lot of things, like my missing Top Gainer position that month... was what I thought, but looks like the rankings didn't change much anyway (the Top 5 Gainers are still the same regardless).

I've fixed this now. Hope all the other numbers were correct though. I compared the other columns with the previous and all of them do seem to have changed (not saying they're the right numbers, but that'd be a problem outside my control). Thanks for noticing the EXP!

Sensationalism purging 26.870 posts seems to have brought down a lot of people's post counts a bit, btw. And as such: lower point counts.

Okay, ignore all that & tell me why all the links (posted in this forum) from previous Lists go to the current list? Because I like to compare lists to see how I've progressed but all I'm getting is the current list. The Archive lists links work. I had to use them because the NG links to previous lists direct me to the current list.

Regarding those, each new update's uploaded as the index.html file on the hexalist site, so as to be the update you see first when you visit it. All links just go to the main domain, not specific updates, even though I do upload the newest update both as index.html and updateXX.html each time. So, at the time of an update it's the latest update you'll see when you go there, overwriting the previous.

It was this way before I took over the list so I haven't thought much about it; just stuck with the tradition but... yeah, you're right, it'd be better if each one linked to an individual page. I see no downsides with that apart from not being able to change page structure without it breaking old links, but doesn't feel like they'll ever need to be changed anyway. Can't change old links, but I'll start linking to the specific ones from now on.

At 6/24/17 09:54 AM, VicariousE wrote: Couldn't even do that with a time machine and a backpack, sooo whatever glitch Gamejunkie had likely affected me too... since this the first time I've ever been listed here. Unless I was on a 1x10K list, and my stats carried over, as is? Thanks Cyberdevil!

You were definitely a 1x10K'r before, so it's no glitch. :) And looks like you'll reach 3X10K pretty soon too!

Cyberdevil
Cyberdevil
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2004
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 58
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-10-20 03:53:08 Reply

At 8/15/17 08:42 PM, gfoxcook wrote: ... Thanks for the update! Good to see ye olde Hexalist still at it. ;D

Thanks for stopping by! :D You checked in at the time of most irregular updates, but they're usually on time, monthly, any time outside vacation time. Though a few issues with the stat collecting app too this month, waiting on that to be fixed so I can post the next one...

goddamned fixit! wasn't he dead for awhile? He came back with a vengeance, eh?

That he did! Still like a machine more than ever.

Quick question about the website formatting... so say, here:

> Combined Type Stat Totals Averages
> Experience: 13,084,629 ( 15,280 ) 23,282 ( -14,74 )

So that's 13084629 total EXP on the entire hexalist at present (everyone with at least 2 stats to 10k still, it appears)... which is +15280 since last update, I presume. And that's an average of 23282 exp per user... which is down 14.74?

Right... yeah, right on all accounts!

Just a bit confusing because it seems like you're using commas for the first 3 numbers, American-style, and using a comma instead of a period for the decimal place on the 4th number, European-style. Or so it appears to me, correct me if I've misinterp'd, but just wanted to mention it in case it was by accident.

Good catch. I haven't looked too closely at those numbers since I took over hmm... suppose it wasn't like that back in your day, then? Definitely a bit wonky formatting. Also bit strange to have decimal places in the first place considering the larger numbers are all without, maybe the program does that automatically. Shall try changing that on the next update!

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Writer
Response to Top 10,000+ Exp / B-P / Post List 2017-10-20 15:23:12 Reply

At 10/20/17 03:40 AM, Cyberdevil wrote: Yeah, that too, I was thinking more of how you'd be really owning a piece of the world. The ground on which you stand. Apartments are like cages in the air. Ungrounded. Immaterial. Not down to Earth at all. Not that anyone actually owns anything here, we're all just borrowing a piece of something so much greater than ourselves, but the notion's still... pretty cool!

Ah yes, I see. Never thought about it that way. Remember George from "The famous five" ("Fem-böckerna" in Sweden)? She owned a whole island. I always thought that was pretty cool.

Sounds a bit like the graphics of good 'ol RetroGade! :D Strong contrasts!

I don't remember RetroGade, but you hit the nail on the head with strong contrasts. Our kitchen is PURPLE! But we decided to not change that for the time being. Not only would we have to change the light switches and outlets, but we would also have to paint the heaters. :O

Wallpaper should be pretty easy to change at least.

That's what I thought, too. But getting the wallpaper down in two rooms was a bitch. Usually you'd just put some water and some dissolvent on the old wallpaper, wait a fwe minutes, and the wallpaper almost comes off the walls by itself. But not so here. They painted the walls with some sort of water resilant paint or something. Using water and dissolvent made it actually harder to take off the wallpapers.

Carpets though, you can't just cover them with anything new ... though seems like few people share that opinion here! XD

Hm, it depends. You COULD put laminate on top of old carpet and use it as footfall sound insulation, but...
Problem here is that they used TONS of carpet glue and it's really hard to get it all off. We finally managed to get it off from the stairs, but now they are covered in the rest of the carpet glue, which is EVEN HARDER TO GET OFF! >:O

Wallpaper changes are pretty common over here, anyway. People often put up new layers over the old ones by themselves.

Lol, same here. It's always interesting when you decide to take the old wallpaper off and you find 3 or 4 layers of old wallpaper beneath it. XD


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38