00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Thrll just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[talk] Ng Print Calendar '09

42,882 Views | 603 Replies

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 08:56:14

I think I'm about done with this, going to upload to final thread soon enough.
Any comments??

Full rez

up up down down left right left right B A

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 09:13:04

ooo... that Carious Welting one is great.

ok thats all im off to get coffee.

None

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 10:16:50

Off the top of my head, nathanielmilburn, Greenskullkid, poxpower, shlupty and DroidFish.

However, since I posted, four more have been added that I'd probably consider worthy, taking the count up to nine.

You would pick mine? that makes me feel good :3

:3

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 10:44:29

At 10/6/08 08:56 AM, cuestaluis wrote: I think I'm about done with this, going to upload to final thread soon enough.
Any comments??

Full rez

Put a lot more characters in....like 7-10 more.

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 11:09:33

At 10/6/08 10:44 AM, BoMToons wrote:
At 10/6/08 08:56 AM, cuestaluis wrote: I think I'm about done with this, going to upload to final thread soon enough.
Any comments??

Full rez
Put a lot more characters in....like 7-10 more.

Hmm...I guess I could fit someone else in there

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 12:48:22

At 10/6/08 10:16 AM, DroidFish wrote:

Off the top of my head, nathanielmilburn, Greenskullkid, poxpower, shlupty and DroidFish.

However, since I posted, four more have been added that I'd probably consider worthy, taking the count up to nine.
You would pick mine? that makes me feel good :3

Yeah I really liked yours. Seemed somewhat 3D if I remember rightly.
And to ShortMonkey, I really liked yours (I didn't mention it because it wasn't in the thread I was looking through). One criticism would be the left hand looks a little weird. Other than that, it's great.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 13:15:31

Hey guys, just wanted to say that theres some great art going on here, at the moment my personal favorite would have to be MiddleFingerRings, I love it!

I forgot to post a link to a larger version of mine so I thought I'll post it here as I cant edit posts. :(

Link

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 13:15:53

At 10/6/08 10:16 AM, DroidFish wrote: You would pick mine? that makes me feel good :3

That doesn't make me feel good. I feel left out now. And all those dicks I had to suck, too.

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 13:46:30

aww, i'm not in the list. haha, that just mean's I'll have to step it up, I guess!

But no one has commented on my stuff yet. I wish someone would give me some feedback! lol.

My next one should be pretty cool, I just don't know how to arrange it yet.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 14:18:26

I have decided not to do what I was planning, the calendar will look better if it is all vector anyway.

Freedom of Speech: Priceless, for everything else there's MasterCard

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 15:48:24

At 10/6/08 01:46 PM, NGuard wrote: aww, i'm not in the list. haha, that just mean's I'll have to step it up, I guess!

Yeah...that's how I feel too. Would have been nice to be somebody's pick though.

But no one has commented on my stuff yet. I wish someone would give me some feedback! lol.

I like your second angry faic entry, with the red "blams" in the background, for what it's worth to you.

Also, Apeman1813, where's Uncle Tom?

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 16:06:10

Any comments??

Full rez

thats awesome. great style. you have a chance for winning for sure. great job.

I... am... god!!!!!! No, not really.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 17:13:11

Because I don't draw very often i don't really have my own art style or characters(as a result my alien looks very similar to something Dan would have drawn, and pico looks extremely similar to mindchamers original concept, ect.). Is that going to hurt my submission?

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 17:18:51

At 10/6/08 04:06 PM, ZombieswithJetpacks wrote:
thats awesome. great style. you have a chance for winning for sure. great job.

Tanks :D

BTW anyone has suggestions for an extra character in my piece, I just don't know if I should clutter it with more people, nor do I know who could fit in the Valantine's gayness theme (I mean, c'mon I've already got a penicorn and everything!)

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 19:00:02

ShortMonkeys one would be awesome for haloween

:3

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 20:03:51

heres a background for a brakenwood one I'm doing.

I... am... god!!!!!! No, not really.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 20:13:29

Great, I put already so much detail into my project that I can't even fill it in with colour now. Flash has froze and shut down already 9 times on me, even when I go into Task Manager and set it into 'Real Time' priority. Looks like I'm going to have divide all of it into sections and piece it all together (I fucking hate this). I hate you Flash.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 22:31:49

At 10/6/08 08:54 PM, ShortMonkey wrote: I would export the image then import into flash, break apart then use the wand colour tool to help me colour it in.

That won't work in my situation, it's filled with too many small delicate tiny path ways and details on a too much of a large scale to do that. I need to use the paint bucket.

Visit my brilliant Last.fm account by clicking the breathtaking signature below. Disappointment is futile.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-06 22:55:41

I was gonna release this one , but have no Idea what the BG should be
It's really crowed so let me do a count off(top to down)
Pico,Madness Zombie,Me(very tiny)ButtCrasher,Red Crasher,Blue Crasher,Flaming Mushroom,Luis,Mushroom Guy,CastleClock,Pico Again,Gnome Hand Guy,Bitey,Alien Homined

Yah very Crowded , But if I do finish it any suggestion on a background???

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 01:53:39

Does that pink knight have a boner?

None

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 02:09:34

At 10/7/08 01:53 AM, Luis wrote: Does that pink knight have a boner?

Yah I'll make it more noticable (well it is more noticable when you see the bigger one)
also hey Luis I Just relized your a level 2 now after the redesign
I have Lv 1 for life on your shirt so I'll have to change that , also any suggestion on a good
skin color for you cuz the color I got right now isn't my fav.

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 03:34:33

Well, can somebody give me an opinion? To be honest I kinda got lazy with the background... I wish I had a better editing program...

Also, regarding the subject matter: Is it acceptable or do I need to change the character into someone like Tom or a Tankman? It's based off the series sooo...

Problems? I don't have problems; I have issues. Problems can be solved.

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 03:39:15

OH SHI!*

RUUUUUNNNN!!!!!

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 04:27:26

At 10/7/08 03:34 AM, Apeman1813 wrote: Well, can somebody give me an opinion? To be honest I kinda got lazy with the background... I wish I had a better editing program...

I like it, generally. The hand looks a little off though - I think if the index finger is pointed slightly upward, you'd see a little more of the bottom of the hand and the rest of the fingers would be at a different angle - or maybe it's fine, I'll admit that someone more knowledgeable should probably be the one to offer a criticism of anatomy and not me.

I think as far as background goes...I would make Uncle Tom slightly smaller, move him over to the right, with the slogan underneath him, and, on the left hand side of the picture I'd draw something along the lines of "Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima," but with Tankmen, possibly incorporating the Newgrounds city skyline into the background.

But yeah, I like what you've got so far - but you've still got 7 or 8 days left, so I know you can do more with it.

Also, what editing program are you using?

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 04:42:46

At 10/7/08 04:27 AM, johnnycancer wrote:
At 10/7/08 03:34 AM, Apeman1813 wrote: Well, can somebody give me an opinion? To be honest I kinda got lazy with the background... I wish I had a better editing program...
I like it, generally. The hand looks a little off though - I think if the index finger is pointed slightly upward, you'd see a little more of the bottom of the hand and the rest of the fingers would be at a different angle - or maybe it's fine, I'll admit that someone more knowledgeable should probably be the one to offer a criticism of anatomy and not me.

I think as far as background goes...I would make Uncle Tom slightly smaller, move him over to the right, with the slogan underneath him, and, on the left hand side of the picture I'd draw something along the lines of "Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima," but with Tankmen, possibly incorporating the Newgrounds city skyline into the background.

But yeah, I like what you've got so far - but you've still got 7 or 8 days left, so I know you can do more with it.

Also, what editing program are you using?

Wow, thanks! That really helps and makes me feel like I'm not just wasting my time!

Right now, I'm using this demo program for the Mac called Pixelmater (you can see the logo in the center...). I picked it up because I wanted to do some sprite editing and whatnot and it came in handy for making the slogan. I wish I could have something like fireworks or photoshop, but they cost a bit too much money for something I would consider a toy and I doubt I would put excessive use in. Besides, the program I'm using isn't exactly bad, but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles I guess. I'm still getting used to it...

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 07:44:13

some sort of elderly pico.

hilarity shall ensue.

trust me

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 08:04:59

Also, regarding the subject matter: Is it acceptable or do I need to change the character into someone like Tom or a Tankman? It's based off the series sooo...

That's pretty sick, I would say just give him Captian googles, like half of them sticking out the bottom of his hat cause he is leaning.

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 13:24:41

At 10/7/08 04:42 AM, Apeman1813 wrote: Right now, I'm using this demo program for the Mac called Pixelmater (you can see the logo in the center...). I picked it up because I wanted to do some sprite editing and whatnot and it came in handy for making the slogan. I wish I could have something like fireworks or photoshop, but they cost a bit too much money for something I would consider a toy and I doubt I would put excessive use in. Besides, the program I'm using isn't exactly bad, but it doesn't have all the bells and whistles I guess. I'm still getting used to it...

I'd recommend GIMP; it's a free program that I use, for basically the same reasoning that you have, which is that I don't want to spend upwards of $900 for software that is just for a hobby of mine. It's similar to Photoshop, although it's important to emphasize that it's not a substitute for Photoshop - Photoshop, from what I am told, has way more features. But, I use it primarily to digitally color art that I've drawn by hand, and I've never found myself wanting for anything in that respect.

I'm using it on Windows, so, I don't know what you need to do to run GIMP on a Mac, but, on the official GIMP page they've got a section about it:

http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

Anyway, maybe that will help, although, I'm not sure what you were using your software for exactly, so, maybe not.

BBS Signature

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 16:52:05

At 10/7/08 01:24 PM, johnnycancer wrote: I'd recommend GIMP; it's a free program that I use, for basically the same reasoning that you have, which is that I don't want to spend upwards of $900 for software that is just for a hobby of mine. It's similar to Photoshop, although it's important to emphasize that it's not a substitute for Photoshop - Photoshop, from what I am told, has way more features. But, I use it primarily to digitally color art that I've drawn by hand, and I've never found myself wanting for anything in that respect.

I'm using it on Windows, so, I don't know what you need to do to run GIMP on a Mac, but, on the official GIMP page they've got a section about it:

http://www.gimp.org/macintosh/

Anyway, maybe that will help, although, I'm not sure what you were using your software for exactly, so, maybe not.

I appreciate it. I tried to download it and get it to work on my Mac, but it seems more hassle than it's worth messing with it...

At 10/7/08 08:04 AM, Ajator wrote: That's pretty sick, I would say just give him Captian googles, like half of them sticking out the bottom of his hat cause he is leaning.

Thanks! I thought about making it look more like Tom or a Tankman, but I don't think giving him goggles would be right. It's suppose to be based of Uncle Sam which is kinda like the father of America at time so I made him look like Tom, but you can't really tell because I tilted his hat down to cover his eyes and didn't draw a nose, because you never see their eyes and noses in Tankmen.

I see about three or four options I'll do if I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO:
1. Just make it a tankman (which will make me sad because Uncle Sam is NOTHING like a soldier)
2. Tilt the hat up and make it look more like Tom
3. Remove the hat and make it a lot more like Tom
4. Draw the nose?

Response to [talk] Ng Print Calendar '09 2008-10-07 16:59:43

Are we aloud to make it hand drawn? Maybe it would kinda look themey, I don't know.
But I kinda started a picture of The Savior, and it came out well I think.
Sorry about shitty quality, I didn't have time to scan it >____>