00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Art Contest!

12,077 Views | 134 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-17 14:56:37

At 10/16/08 11:08 PM, compl33tbull wrote: heres what it was for originally
my schools going on a canoe trip and me and my friends named our ship the USS Bootycall
here is our flag

lmfao ahahah

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-17 15:34:03

si my friend hoo was going to be on the boat but couldnt has something to say
"To the masses. that is all"

I will continue to row my fake canoe

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-18 01:57:14

So, there is one Grand Prize of??...

And, will there be side prizes for, let's say, the top ten pictures?

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-18 04:53:55

At 10/12/08 05:17 AM, JeffaMyEffa wrote: Here's my submission :P I know this sounds like a dumb fear, but whenever I use the bathroom, I always check the seat to see if there's spiders or other little critters lurking about...haha I am afraid they'll crawl up my butt.

I used to have a slightly different fear. Whenever I used a public toilet I thought they were so dirty that spider lived there and they would bite me while i was on the can. weird....

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-18 12:16:03

So, there is one Grand Prize of??...

Yes.

And, will there be side prizes for, let's say, the top ten pictures?

Possibly. I could send out a sticker pack to maybe the top 5. (not official yet)

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-18 14:00:48

Alright, thanks, please PM me once all is clear.

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-18 18:06:56

Hey man, kinda new to posting on here, but not new to the site

here's a picture i did this week,
it is my fear, but it's also a thing of taming my fear,

as i have a fear of giant things,
tell me what you think!

=]

New Art Contest!

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-18 18:13:09

tell me what you think!

I like the idea. The monsters face could use a little work to make him more unacceptable/scary. I think you did a great job of bringing a a sinister creature to such a stage but it's something about the face that is off for me.

Keep up the great work.

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-18 18:19:40

ha ha ha well thanks =]
and yeah that's what i thought when i originally drew it
but believe me, adding in giant teeth didn't really get the job done, so i went with a little more simple of a design,

i also have a shaded version, but i didn't like that one as much,

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-19 16:07:54

**official update**

I'm going to have a second and third place with a sticker package. I've also got my panel of judges too. Thanks for the request so far.

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-19 20:58:54

oh really? good news good news

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-19 23:33:52

At 10/19/08 04:07 PM, LiLg wrote: **official update**

I'm going to have a second and third place with a sticker package. I've also got my panel of judges too. Thanks for the request so far.

Question. How does the judging work exactly? Do you just group everything together and...pick them? XD

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-20 01:36:35

Alright, after put almost 2 hour of effort into this picture. I finally finished it! It shows the fear of a victim for a possibly a serial killer(I'll let u decide) through the reflection of a knife!

Hope to win! LOL

P.S: Some of my friend said that the eye look like a photo edit, but it's not. I draw it myself. The contest judge can ask me the PSD if you want to check out the layers of work.

Haizeel Hashnan

New Art Contest!

Click HERE to go to my DeviantART

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-20 02:51:07

here's mine i hope you all like it, took awhile probably one of my best that i ever done.

New Art Contest!

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-20 20:37:30

At 10/18/08 04:53 AM, punter75 wrote:
At 10/12/08 05:17 AM, JeffaMyEffa wrote: Here's my submission :P I know this sounds like a dumb fear, but whenever I use the bathroom, I always check the seat to see if there's spiders or other little critters lurking about...haha I am afraid they'll crawl up my butt.
I used to have a slightly different fear. Whenever I used a public toilet I thought they were so dirty that spider lived there and they would bite me while i was on the can. weird....

Dont worry both of you, when a spider bit me once it only hurt for a little bit and it stinged for a minute.

On the other hand, I live in the Netherlands. The spiders and other animals here are not nearly as dangerous as the spiders you live in.

Too bad i suck at drawing. I wish i could just submit something with my worst fear, im afraid for those little things you need to do in live which you shouldnt cus theyre dangerous. Like climbing crappy ladders like that. My idea was to make a pic showing someone with all of those things around him, like hell. Weird fear right?

Also i seem to have a fear, of this "thing" once becoming my baby. Oh and this picture is not by me, its from http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/41 0787 and all the guys he credited. It just shows me my ehm.... fear

New Art Contest!

Try to be happy!

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-21 14:25:17

Bean baby picture

For the record. Creepy.

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-21 16:38:42

My greatest fear is drowning..
You can check out a HQ version on my DA account.

New Art Contest!

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-22 11:01:19

I'm having some problems with putting my pic on NG so you can only see it in my DA gallery, sorry...
LINK

And I know the point was to make something scary, but nothing scares the shit out of me more then a one eyed, limbless, half burned monster! (He also has dirty underwear...)

Only Apples Have The Right To be Red

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-23 14:04:05

Mine entry.
High rez.

New Art Contest!

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-23 14:28:26

Question. How does the judging work exactly? Do you just group everything together and...pick them? XD

Judging will be a panel of 4 people (including myself) who will each pick 4 different pictures from this forum. Each judge will label the 4 pictures from greatest to least liked. Once labeled, the judges will compare their picks and the picture with the highest rating will be the grand prize winner. I will then take all the other picks and determine 2nd and 3rd place. In the event of it being a tie or some other strange situation, I will bring a 5th judge in to determine the final winner.

Hope that kind of explains it.

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-23 18:36:22

This picture represents multiple things. It represents:
-My fear of guns being pointed at me (I have my own [ .45 ], and i go to the shooting range with my dad. I'm very comfortable around them until someone points it at me. Many people who are new to guns tend to accidentally point them at people. That scares the crap out of me)
-My fear of bad teeth (I am a neat freak. My teeth have to be clean or else)
-Zombies (Isn't everyone afraid of them?)

Darn JPGs mess up my picture

New Art Contest!

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-23 19:16:08

Rofl, same. Although sometimes those spiders are in my hair, in fact one time it crawled down in front of my eyes!

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-23 19:24:42

At 10/23/08 02:04 PM, lysgaard wrote: Mine entry.
High rez.

what is that

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-23 21:07:21

creepy

New Art Contest!

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-23 21:31:27

2nd entry
i'm clausterphobic

New Art Contest!

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-24 17:09:29

Me again, My 2ed pic is to big so I'm forced to just give you guys a LINK.... Again. SORRY ;-;
But on the other hand, here is a nice little bad quality preview...

New Art Contest!

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-24 19:13:31

At 10/23/08 07:24 PM, zbo-trent wrote:
High rez.
what is that

A Ghost. I'm afraid of sureal and meaty monsters.

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-25 09:07:53

here's my fear. i'm deadly afraid of drowning.(especcially when people are watching and doing nothing.) I know that i can't win but i still want to post it.

New Art Contest!

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-25 10:04:33

well here's another fear of mine, being alone, with nobody, alone being alone.. (again i don't espect to win anything but.. meh.)

New Art Contest!

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to New Art Contest! 2008-10-25 10:17:00

At 10/24/08 07:13 PM, lysgaard wrote:
At 10/23/08 07:24 PM, zbo-trent wrote:
High rez.
what is that
A Ghost. I'm afraid of sureal and meaty monsters.

I overcame that fear by playing meat boy...
Did you speed paint that pic, cause' the lines look very sketchy.

MY DEVIANTART GALLERY