00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

johnnycancer's Art Thread

28,793 Views | 223 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-01 01:43:48

your art os really creative, your imagination runs..

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-01 20:57:32

Woah Johnny, feel like i haven't seen you forever. Your linework is getting tight, you should start thinking about jumping to the next step and start coloring :-P

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-02 15:16:44

Great artwork, your coloured stuff is so badass!

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-02 15:53:04

I just came.

God damn, Johnny.

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-03 02:53:09

I will be trying over the next couple of months to clear up any art obligations I have to people. In that spirit, here's a slightly different crop of a work in progress that I've got for JKAmovies Notepad Drawing Collab '09 because I was supposed to contribute to his previous collab and I totally bailed on him. This is NSFW because it has female nipples in it.
So once this is done I still need to catch up on art that I owe to vanillabear and ReNaeNae for the Story Book Collab.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-03 03:00:10

At 5/3/09 02:53 AM, johnnycancer wrote: This is NSFW because it has female nipples in it.

So it wouldn't be NSFW if it had male nipples in it? I sense a double standard here... Or is it sexism? I can't tell.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-03 03:26:01

At 5/3/09 03:00 AM, Wivernryder wrote: So it wouldn't be NSFW if it had male nipples in it? I sense a double standard here... Or is it sexism? I can't tell.

Ha! Yeah...it's both, which is pretty annoying because there's at least one picture in here that's just a drawing of a statue of a female figure that has nipples and I had to label that NSFW too, and that's not even supposed to be a real female.

Female vs. male nipples is totally about double standards and sexism. Part of the way that male-dominated society subordinates women is by sexualizing their bodies and using that inherent sexual nature as a justification for regulating women in a way that would not be acceptable if the same standard were applied to men.

For the record, I label things as NSFW because I think it's a courteous thing to do for people who might be browsing these pages while they're at work/school where female nipples and pretty much any other part of the female anatomy are likely to get you into trouble if they pop up on your computer screen. Most people on the art forum don't do that; I do because I think it's polite. Absent that concern I would not be labeling anything as unsafe for work.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-03 12:24:00

Why do they have to be female nipples just because their on a girl? Girls can have male nipples too...

That looks a lot better with the nips added johnny, can't wait to see it colored

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-04 03:08:15

A possible design for an entry in the NG Miniposters Girl Contest going on right now and that I've been contemplating entering. I know I have other artistic obligations which I have to tend to as well, but...what can I say? I love drawing bouncing breasts!

Not sure what upcoming Newgrounds event this could be promoting, but, I'm sure I could think of something. May or may not use this particular sketch. I know there's thing I need to fix on it, but then again there's a certain flair to this one that I like. Anyway, just throwing it out there since I don't think anybody did a girl riding on a bomb, yet.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-04 13:11:39

You should give the rocket truck nuts

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-04 17:47:41

Hey man thanks for the comments on my thread!

good (no, great) job on all the tits. Draw everyone some upside down hangers

Or some asses.

A nest is a place where all of your dreams come true.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-05 13:33:25

Another out of the fabled sketch vault; if only all of you knew what was really in there...

I was actually really pleased with this when I first drew it; it started off as me just drawing a random spooky face and then it magically morphed into a rotting corpse coming out of the ground while simultaneously resting precariously on a single, sharply pointed rock. Guess it could have used a background, but I kind of like the unnatural whiteness.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-05 13:37:07

Slight revamp of the character design I posted one page back. Just drew this the other day. Her arms are too long, so, hopefully I'll remember to fix that before I ink it. I'm disappointed because I could not for the life of me get the short, spiked hair to work this time around and not make her look like a man, so, she had to have a more feminine haircut in this one.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-07 04:33:07

Okay, update on my contribution to the Notepad Drawing Collab '09 that JKAmovies is putting on, but this time without the lined paper effect. She's still got nipples so this remains NSFW.
Anyway, I don't have a lot to say about it at this point. I did want to point out that things which are colored on here are colored using GIMP and then sometimes have the color adjusted using IrfanView. But yeah, all the heavy lifting is done with GIMP. Just wanted to give it a quick plug since I hadn't mentioned it in a while.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-07 06:52:47

At 5/5/09 01:37 PM, johnnycancer wrote: Slight revamp of the character design I posted one page back. Just drew this the other day. Her arms are too long, so, hopefully I'll remember to fix that before I ink it.

I dont think that the arms are that long, i think you need to widen the shoulders. And according to the size of the head, the hips aswell. Then the arms wouldnt seem that long. Maybe?

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-07 09:11:54

The only thing I have noticed about your drawings that is negative are the eyes. You are drawing the eyes too high. It makes everything look cartoonish. Your coloring is great, and the bodies and forms are perfect.

You do great work.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-07 09:18:23

Here's a tip: The top of the inner eyeball is level with the inward angle of the nose and brow.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-11 02:54:49

This is the entry I'm working on for the NG Miniposters Girl Contestand I thought I'd present it here without the text.

NSFW so scroll down if you're up for that.

Anyway, I'm fairly happy with how this is coming along so far. I go to do my typical surreal stuff. I think the girl riding the bomb would have been cool, but, I totally ruined it when I started inking it, so, now that one's out of the question. And, for whatever reason I could not get this image out of my head, so, I felt compelled to draw it. And seriously, what's not awesome about this? A naked chick; aliens; floating heads with tentacles; cutesy creatures including a huggable cactus kid; the specter of urban decay in the background; and biblical references.

It's also nice to see that even though I hadn't really colored anything on this large a scale in a while that I hadn't completely forgotten how to do it. Great for the ol' confidence that is.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-11 05:22:58

I think that contest ended on the first of the month, but still great art indeed.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-11 05:31:41

At 5/11/09 05:22 AM, EggSnake wrote: I think that contest ended on the first of the month, but still great art indeed.

Nah, the deadline got extended until May 31st.

At 4/29/09 03:28 PM, poxpower wrote: THERE'S A ONE MONTH EXTENSION. AIGHT. SO YOU HAVE UNTIL MAY 31ST AT MIDNIGHT, EST

Anyway, thanks for the comment, I do appreciate it.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-11 05:36:10

My mistake. I actually just glanced because I was going to join myself. Ha.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-11 05:38:14

At 5/11/09 05:36 AM, EggSnake wrote: My mistake. I actually just glanced because I was going to join myself. Ha.

Seriously? I'd love to see what you come up with for that theme.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-11 06:05:48

I was thinking of ART PORTAL, COMING SOMEDAY, but I can't find any new things for a real entry.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-11 06:09:32

At 5/11/09 06:05 AM, EggSnake wrote: I was thinking of ART PORTAL, COMING SOMEDAY, but I can't find any new things for a real entry.

I think the art portal is as good an event as anything else you could come up with. I don't think that many of the entries have real events featured; mine's for Pico Blast 2, which definitely isn't coming out any time soon, if it's coming out at all.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-11 06:58:01

At 5/11/09 02:54 AM, johnnycancer wrote: This is the entry I'm working on for the NG Miniposters Girl Contestand I thought I'd present it here without the text.

Great job, sir. I can see this landing a nice spot in the rankings!

Turning out really good so far. :)

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-12 01:49:03

Your art is awesoMe!!!! You draw so great and when u color it, it looks greater!!!! congratulations and keep it oN!!!

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-21 12:50:50

Thanks for all the comments guys. Here's my other entry for the miniposter contest, also NSFW.

Shyguys. It's all about the shyguys.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-05-21 14:17:14

Wow, you're so good at drawing...

I've gotta say what I've gotta say, and then I swear I'll go away.

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-10-18 04:10:21

As always, thank you to all the folks who have commented in here. You've no idea how much your positive comments and helpful criticisms mean to me.

BBS Signature

Response to johnnycancer's Art Thread 2009-10-18 04:11:23

johnnycancer is planning something.

BBS Signature