00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3

46,666 Views | 543 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This contest is similar to last years 2007 NG DIY Munny Competition.

The concept is simple. You buy (or are given, see details below) a 3.5" DIY Teddy Troops figurine. They run about 7 dollars, so they are quite affordable and worth it.

Once you have your blank figurine, you can do whatever you want to it. Paint it with paint, markers, blood(not recommended), whatever you want.

Once you've finished, you carefully package it up and you send it over. (Send me a PM i'll hook you up with mailing details). When the project has concluded I'll rack up all the little figurines and they will make a trip to the NG office, where like last year, the top entries would get some sort of cool priz0rz.

So you have two options:

1 - Buy your own Sorry they are currently out of stock. I bought em all, I called them up and they should be back in stock soon. You can find some on e-bay also. Like here

2- You can 'win' one of the 15 NG-sponsored Teddy Troops. To win these you have to go through the extra step of proposing a design and submitting it to this thread here. Once your design is selected, I'll get your mailing info and you'll recieve a blank Teddy Trooper to put your design on. You will then need to mail it back. You can use the image below to work your design.

3- Once the contest is over, those who bought their own Teddy Troops can have theirs mailed back if they'd like or they can live in the office like many of the WZL's do today. Those who got the NG-sponsored figurines will have to stay behind. Unless you strongly express that you want it back.

========================================
======================

There is no set deadline yet. We'll see how the contest goes.

For this years contest, it will be all paint. You wont be able to add anything substantial to the figurine. Last year, some figurines became WAY too scultural. This isnt about sculpting skills, its about your handiwork on the figurine not on clay.

You can add a prop here and there but nothing major that changes the original shape of the figurine.

Whatever means of painting you choose is up to you. Most people painted in acrylic some in markers, some in Warhammer paints. Browse through the WZL thread from last year for tips.
what ever form you choose, it has to be permanent.

Have fun! Heres some examples of Teddy Troops painted by major artists in the toy design scene

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 17:40:44

I'm goin' to have to draw up a design Lu.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 17:41:22

I'll give it a shot. I'll post a design up soon.

:U

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 17:44:11

That helm is removable, right?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 17:45:37

If I wasn't so bad at painting, I would probably do the Soldier from TF2. HintHint.

But yeah I love looking at the finished products of these. :) And Reading Mindchamber's thoughts about them.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 17:52:19

At 9/20/08 05:45 PM, FrozenFire wrote: If I wasn't so bad at painting, I would probably do the Soldier from TF2. HintHint.

Yeah I may take that hint, I'm trying to think of something creative and original but it's hard.

I am gay for three men. Three Sexy, Handsome, Boneriffic young men.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 17:53:11

At 9/20/08 05:44 PM, MiddleFingerRings wrote: That helm is removable, right?

No its not. It is in the large ones but not in the mini.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 18:07:39

Designnnn....

:U

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 18:23:03

I need to give this a try!

I think, like someone hinted earlier, I'll do something from TF. I love the art style in that game and the Pyro kinda fits the shape...

So we post our finished ones here?

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 18:57:23

At 9/20/08 06:23 PM, PieLover61 wrote: I need to give this a try!

I think, like someone hinted earlier, I'll do something from TF. I love the art style in that game and the Pyro kinda fits the shape...

So we post our finished ones here?

Yea if you buy your own go for it... or you can post the concept of the one you want to make and if it feels promising i'll send you one.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:07:27

Here is a rough make up of my idea, of course it would be much better if I could do it by hand, I have a hard time trying to draw with the mouse. Well The red is all blood, I was thinking of having NG like on the helmet like blood splatter some blood around his mouth area and on his uniform. It's like my idea of the ng themed bear tankman but instead of guns he uses his teeth and claws, hence the blood. Idk, if you think it's promising let me know. If not liked, oh well. I tried. Keep in mind this is very rough and I promise my final product would be 10x better than this.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:14:35

At 9/20/08 06:57 PM, Luis wrote: Yea if you buy your own go for it... or you can post the concept of the one you want to make and if it feels promising i'll send you one.

I had a little go at the pyro one I said. Tbh, I don't like it, unless you wanna give me a free one to make this I'll come up with another design, hehe.

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:21:26

this was a neat one.
See how this person totally changed the look of it being a bear.. simple, two color job.

well not simple... but it doesnt have elaborate materials or colors

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:22:59

I've taken the liberty of creating an fla. Line Version of a front veiw Teddy Troop model.
If anyone wants the fla. just ask me through a PM and i'll send you a download link.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:23:42

At 9/20/08 07:21 PM, Luis wrote: this was a neat one.
See how this person totally changed the look of it being a bear.. simple, two color job.

well not simple... but it doesnt have elaborate materials or colors

Yeah, I'm definately gunna head away from my Pyro idea. Seeing this inspires me... I'll keep working on stuff but so I'm not a spammer I'll only post my best one...

Formerly PieLover61

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:25:11

Awww..No sculpting at all? How about other materials?

If you're not reading Twisted Comix what is your life about?

I'm published on NG! Buy "One Shot"!

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:25:37

And to show a finished Line Version T.T. Model.

Heres my design.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:28:20

It says it's out of stock. Can I buy one from you Luis? :D

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 19:42:32

Damn, that was really unexpected lmao. Well, ill look more into the project. MIGHT join this year too.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 20:07:15

Im seriously liking this contest.

Might make a few more designs.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 20:16:59

awesome, i loved doing this last year, might do it again.

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 21:06:18

Teddy Tom.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 21:15:27

At 9/20/08 09:06 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote: Teddy Tom.

Im guessing this is just you with a bear nose and a fucking huge hat on ?

Right ?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 21:21:39

At 9/20/08 09:15 PM, FATSHARK wrote: Im guessing this is just you with a bear nose and a fucking huge hat on ?

Right ?

No. I'm black and bald.

ALRIGHT?

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 21:24:50

Im definatly gonna try fer this, if I wait a day to do it is the a possibility they'll be gone by then?

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 21:37:24

At 9/20/08 09:21 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote:
At 9/20/08 09:15 PM, FATSHARK wrote: Im guessing this is just you with a bear nose and a fucking huge hat on ?

Right ?
No. I'm black and bald.

ALRIGHT?

Haha, fucking win.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 22:23:37

yay im gonna give this a go!

does it have to be a NG-related design?

Viva Mexico Cabrones

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 22:59:29

Doesnt have to be NG related and you can buy one from me if you want. It'll be 7 bucks + shipping. so probably like 10.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 23:05:58

...do i have to draw it from the front....because if i have to ill draw up another one.

BBS Signature

Response to Diy Teddy Troops Design Contest :3 2008-09-20 23:23:19

Just a quick idea, I rather like Rorschach. Obviously it would look slightly different on the teddy's face.

(I'd find some way to perfectly copy one half of the face to the other on the doll with ink.)

BBS Signature