00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Create a free account to unlock the full magic and wonder of Newgrounds!

Castle Crashers on the PS3?

6,941 Views | 73 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-01 19:39:36


At 9/1/08 07:02 PM, Chiklay4 wrote:
Congrats, you have a whole four games worth playing. Incredible, really.

PFFTTT


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-01 19:46:04


At 9/1/08 07:39 PM, TehreTard wrote:
At 9/1/08 07:02 PM, Chiklay4 wrote:
Congrats, you have a whole four games worth playing. Incredible, really.
PFFTTT

PFFTTT


Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-01 22:10:20


...

I hate you people. And by you people I mean snails.

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-01 22:16:32


At 9/1/08 10:10 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: ...

I hate you people.

What do YOU mean YOU PEOPLE.


You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:

360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-01 22:20:37


At 9/1/08 10:16 PM, malachi117 wrote:
At 9/1/08 10:10 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: ...

I hate you people.
What do YOU mean YOU PEOPLE.

I said snails.

Castle Crashers on the PS3?

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-01 22:26:36


At 9/1/08 10:20 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 9/1/08 10:16 PM, malachi117 wrote:
At 9/1/08 10:10 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: ...

I hate you people.
What do YOU mean YOU PEOPLE.
I said snails.

HOLY SHIT IS THAT A WATERMELON?!


i dont give a fuck a million dollars im a samurai

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-01 23:27:46


At 9/1/08 11:04 PM, KevnSevn wrote: You PS3 owners get MGS4 as a exclusive, we get Castle Crashers as an exclusive.

It's fair game.

The key difference is that MGS4's online play actually works.


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-02 00:25:51


At 9/1/08 11:27 PM, TehreTard wrote: The key difference is that MGS4's online play actually works.

Note: This is not Microsoft's fault and has nothing to do with the 360 console itself.


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-02 01:01:04


It's coming out to the PS3 right in the same year Duke Nukem Forever comes out.


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-02 03:13:51


At 9/1/08 06:57 PM, TriplePlay2425 wrote:
At 9/1/08 06:52 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 9/1/08 06:31 PM, TriplePlay2425 wrote: Enjoy the one good exclusive on the 360, which is Gears of War 2. Everyone's already played GoW1, so that doesn't count any more.
Run that by me one more time, a little slower, please?
Sorry, typing slower won't help you to read it better. It will just make it take me longer to post it again, which would be useless and a waste of everyone's time.

While I appreciate your response, it in no way seeked to show me how you think Gears of War doesn't count as a good exclusive because everyone's played it.


BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-10 23:54:56


I'm a little late but... Just screw it. And sorry for this essay-looking post.

At 9/1/08 05:33 PM, Laughingbox wrote: It took two years for it to go onto XBL, it would take probably two more years to post it onto PSN.

Not really. It took two years to make the game. That means: planning, coding, testing, and finalizing the game. So porting the game shouldn't take long, or cost that much. They made Alien Hominid for the PS2 and Xbox, so I don't see why they won't be able put it onto the PS3. It's a simple-looking game so it's not like they're pushing the hardware in any way. But if they do port it then they shouldn't just throw it on the PS3 (if you get what I mean).

I also found something that might enlighten some people, but at the same time give false hope: "Don't have an Xbox 360 but still want to play Castle Crashers? I overheard Tom saying there's no reason the title couldn't come out for whatever platform Sony has up their sleeve..." (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/10/pax-t he-castle-crashers-test/) Now that doesn't immediately confirm that CC is coming out for the PSN. It just means that they could look into it.

Besides, there could be an incentive to port it for the PS3. Money talks and marketers could take a glance at the possibilities. There's lots of people (including me) who would love to play this game, but not to pay an extra $200+ just to play this one game. So if you have five hundred thousand people (I'm just throwing a number out there) who have anticipated and want this game, and you sell the game for $10 (the usual price for a PSN game), then you can make a good flow of cash. Then you get people who tell there friends on PSN, or at work, or at school, who tell other friends how good the game is, and those friends tell other friends, then you could make a huge bang for your buck... Actually, it's more like a boom!, heh.

Port the code, caress it properly, and they could make an army of Benjamins off of it just by expanding the game onto the PS3, or even the Wii! Hell, they should do it for PC, too! Lots of people have average PC's that could definitely handle a game like this. But then you gotta take into consideration that it could be downloaded for free (warez).

I'm not saying, "DO IT BEHEMOTH!!! PORT THIS F'ING AWESOME GAME!!!" All I'm doing is just pointing out things, possibilities, and considerations for the developers and publishers.

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-11 07:13:11


At 9/1/08 11:04 PM, KevnSevn wrote: You PS3 owners get MGS4 as a exclusive, we get Castle Crashers as an exclusive.

Ps3 = Little Big Planet.
The one game id consider buying a Ps3 for. I dont want an Xbox360. :/
And Gears of War is available on PC.


instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-11 10:19:53


At 9/1/08 06:31 PM, TriplePlay2425 wrote: Enjoy the one good exclusive on the 360, which is Gears of War 2. Everyone's already played GoW1, so that doesn't count any more.

Whereas I <3 MGS4, SOCOM, Gran Turismo 5, Heavenly Rain, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Massive Action Game, and Resistance. Also some people like Ratchet and Clank a lot, and Motorstorm is pretty good.

By your reasoning then, MGS4, SOCOM, Gran Turismo, Killzone 2, Resistance and soon Motorstorm don't count either. Everyone has played the prequels to those games.

You're also forgetting some other 360 exclusives like Fable 2, Banjo Threeie, Halo 3, Forza, etc.
But both consoles are good. Both have their benefits and downsides.


Gamertag: BlackFlameNG Xbox 360 Club

Gamerscore: 25,275- last updated 23/February/09

Steam ID: BlackFlameNG

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2008-09-11 10:59:33


At 9/1/08 02:30 PM, Grubby wrote: Also Castle Crashers probably isn't going to be out for the PS3, and I'm crossing my fingers because I love how the PS3 fanboys are bummed for making the wrong choice of console.

I love how ignorant 360 fanboys like to take the piss out of PS3 owners.


PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-17 13:20:36


Well, i dont really care about the console wars but here is my opinion.

PS3: Great Graphics, Great Exclusives, FREE INTERNET.
360: Good Graphics, Excellent Exclusives, P2P Internet.

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-17 14:14:27


I think Behemoth are focusing on the new platformer now anyways.


And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-17 14:47:19


I'm pretty sure I read that the online problems with Castle Crashers were a bug with Live, or that might have been talking about the save problems (it was an interview with Dan or Tom or both).

Lol@PS3 vs 360 arguments still raging on :)

PS3:
- Free online
- MGS4, Uncharted, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm, Ratchet & Clank, Resistance 1 & 2
- Wipeout, PixelJunk Monsters, PixelJunk Eden, Super Stardust HD
- Built in WiFi, exchangeable HDD (SATA), web browser

360:
- Bigger install base (only 7m difference though and matters more if you purchase Live)
- Halo 3, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Left 4 Dead (console exclusive)
- Braid, Castle Crashers, AH:HD, Doom, Geometry Wars, Rez HD

Of course that's not all the console has to offer and the games are totally down to taste as much as everything else is (controllers, look, etc).


Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-17 16:24:17


people seem to believe that porting games like thata to other consoles is like magic, and you can just press one button and there, ported.

generally speaking, no chance.

Bread makes you FAT!?

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-17 16:42:18


At 3/17/09 04:24 PM, luigipwnsmario wrote: people seem to believe that porting games like thata to other consoles is like magic, and you can just press one button and there, ported.
generally speaking, no chance.

It wasn't magic that got Alien Hominid on Gamecube, Playstation 2, Xbox, Gameboy Advance, and Xbox 360 in HD? And it couldn't work just as easily for Castle Crashers?

Honestly, it is not worth debating when there's no clear answer to whether they will or will not. It is a choice of whether they want to, or whether they would rather focus on their next game.

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-17 18:25:46


At 9/1/08 02:24 PM, The-Peeman wrote: It's been months since I been on Newgrounds, even longer since I been on these forums. So like don't get all vaginafied if this topic has been done millions of times, but I gotta know.. What's the chances of Castle Crashers being put on the PSN? This game looks AMAZING. Unfortantly, I don't have a 360.. Nor the $$$ to buy one.

I know one of you Newgrounders know the answer, so lets here it.

Lulz, you say you dont have the $ to buy a 360, yet 360s have the superior games (Castle Crashers, Lost and the Damned, and more) and PS3s cost lots more than 360s. Lulz, I dont see the logic.

Honestly, 360s have the awesomest games.

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 00:23:00


At 9/1/08 02:49 PM, lilcheeselad wrote: You obviously don't know how hard it is to port a game to another console. They would have to code it all over again and crap like that.

That wouldn't take much longer than two or three weeks to have a PSN ready Castle Crashers port. The reason this isn't on PSN or Wiiware is because the Behemoth supposedly signed a deal to have it only on Xbox Live. And knowing Microsoft, they probably wouldn't have allowed the game on their system if they didn't sign. Remember, that the Behemoth is a much smaller third party company than say Capcom or Sega. They'll need money for bigger and better games, and now they have it. Luckily, Tom said they are not limited to only releasing games on XBLA or the 360. They are a fully third party company who could choose any console they want now to have games on.


I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 05:18:00


At 9/1/08 02:44 PM, sldghmmr wrote: Wait wait wait.. So just because Castle crashers is on the X-box live arcade only everyone who bought the PS3 picked the wrong console.... Looks like YOUR the fanboy here. I also have both an X-box and a PS3. So you should shut your fanboy mouth

You are obviously a 360 fanboy so STFU and GTFO!

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 07:12:41


At 3/17/09 06:25 PM, Eclipse914 wrote: Lulz, you say you dont have the $ to buy a 360, yet 360s have the superior games (Castle Crashers, Lost and the Damned, and more) and PS3s cost lots more than 360s. Lulz, I dont see the logic.
Honestly, 360s have the awesomest games.

No, 360 has the better games in your opinion. Personally the only 360 games I would have are Fable 2 and Castle Crashers. Obviously if I had a 360 I'd pick up a few other games, on XBL and otherwise, to get more out of the console, but my point is for me the PS3 has much more games that tickle my fancy (and yes I love FPS games, the PS3 has better ones IMO). PS3 does cost more than 360 but you get more bang for your buck. Built in wifi, free online, I've said these things a thousand times. Cost is not an issue any more - it's only an issue for people that don't care what console they get and just want to be able to play next-gen games, then they see the initial price of the 360 as a big plus.

At 3/18/09 12:23 AM, Gustavos wrote: stuff

Castle Crashers isn't exclusive to 360, people just assume that because it wasn't cross platform. It wasn't cross platform because Sony didn't want Flash games (or flash-a-like games) on PS3 because it's such a powerful console, they thought people would think Castle Crashers is a weak showing of this. See, Sony had the opportunity to take CC from the beginning but said no. They've lost out financially, I'm sure, but there is no reason they can't pick it up now and I'm sure the Behemoth would like more money (who doesn't like money?).


Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 07:15:32


if you say you have no $$$ how did you get that ps3


Accursed Square Enix, region-locking Singaporean Xbox 360s from FFXIII. Will not change until FFXIII is released.

XB360 GT: L33tsp33ker

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 07:53:55


At 9/1/08 02:44 PM, sldghmmr wrote:
At 9/1/08 02:30 PM, Grubby wrote:
PS3 fanboys are bummed for making the wrong choice of console.

Wait wait wait.. So just because Castle crashers is on the X-box live arcade only everyone who bought the PS3 picked the wrong console....

EXACTLY!

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 15:54:38


*yawn* yet another topic flooded by the console war...

I think there's a lot of money to be made with Castle Crasher on PSN. If Behemoth doesn't have time, I'm sure there are other teams willing to help with the porting.

OR, at least, make microsoft pay for the exclusivity! There's no point getting less money out of it just for the sake of being a dumb fanboy.

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 19:18:00


At 3/18/09 06:48 PM, Grubby wrote: Once again.

360 > PS3

Why?


'Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 20:43:49


At 9/2/08 12:25 AM, TheSovereign wrote:
At 9/1/08 11:27 PM, TehreTard wrote: The key difference is that MGS4's online play actually works.
Note: This is not Microsoft's fault and has nothing to do with the 360 console itself.

Note: whether the games work is pertinent when determining which console has better downloadable games, which is what you lot have gotten on arguing about. Actually, it seems to have moved into a broader console comparison thread...like always. Either way, the online not working is a valid point and you're just side-stepping the issue.

I personally would not trade PSN's games for Live Arcade's. First, there's the fact that PSN gets full sized games (GT5 Prologue, Tekken 5, Warhawk, Siren, Wipeout HD, Burnout Paradise, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty). PSN is really pushing the boundaries of what a downloadable game has to be. Sony seems to be embracing downloadable distribution more than Microsoft.

PSN definitely has more of an artistic flair to it as well. Pixeljunk Monsters and Eden, Fl0wer, Noby Noby Boy, and Echochrome all have a certain creativity and art to them. I look at Xbox Live and Braid has the same sort of quality, but for the most part, it seems like a lot of rehash. Twinstick shooters and remakes are fine, but I'd much rather have something fresh. That's the major differentiator between Live and PSN for me.

To be honest though, the argument ended at Flower.


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 21:04:03


At 3/18/09 06:48 PM, Grubby wrote: Once again.

360 > PS3

Because it has Castle Crashers? Great argument there man.
What I love it that alot of the XBOX 360's exclusives eventually get ported to the PC, allowing me to play them without having to buy a shit60. Paying for online play downright disgusts me, and i'm surprised anyone goes along with it.


instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Castle Crashers on the PS3? 2009-03-18 21:49:39


the ps3 can eat boot *curb stomps a ps3* the 360 and wii FTW


Accursed Square Enix, region-locking Singaporean Xbox 360s from FFXIII. Will not change until FFXIII is released.

XB360 GT: L33tsp33ker