00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Trance, techno and... nothing more?

2,470 Views | 33 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

I wonder why the dancescene is so small within the AP. Being a dutchie and grown up IN the dance scene itself I can tell that Trance and Techno are just two very small pieces of the scene itself.
Why is there no Club, Minimal, Hardhouse and Hardcore out there?
If I up my tracks I have to choose a section but people who are listening to the Techno list and check out one of my harder tracks will probably be scared by the LOUD bassdrums, which is HARDCORE in europe.
I am very aware of the fact that in the States Hardcore is a form of Rock, but NG is worldwide. In my opinion, this should be a more deviced section so that we get a more clear view of what people do create and gives us (the creators out here) the possibilitie to devide music in the proper sections.

I have got 2 Hardcore tracks in my list which are uploaded in the Techno section, still in my opionion, its everything exept Techno... :(.

For those who are not aware how the Dance scene is devided over here, a little example.

Club 110-130 BPM
Overall catchy basslines with a soft bassdrum.
Its one of the most laid back forms of *Dance music*

Minimal 120-130 BPM
Less is more. Minimal is a scene which found its orgin in the UK.
Best way to descibe Minimal is to compair it with Techno (the real techno out there) but way more laid back and with LESS as possible sounds BUT a lot of variation. A good example? Check youtube for Border Community

Hardhouse 130 -160 BPM
I see it lots and lots more in both the trance and techno list. Hardhouse is born in Holland a little 6 years ago (the Hardstyle Virus!) Its easy to recognize cause the catchy sound is a reversed bassdrum which goes TROUGH the normal bassdrum (Boom -whap -boom -whap)

Hardcore 170 -everything above.
So easy to recognize... harsh razorsharp sounds, loud and f*ck*ng fast bassdrums, lotsa voices and mostly NOT understood by 90% of the world... its a love it or leave it ;).
Please DONT confuse it with Jumpstyle cause that is just.... for poorly 14 year old freaks out there who missed the hardcore scene in its golden age....

Well, do I got a point or...

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 09:11:54

Nice little guide! NG accepts all kinds of genres, but the thing is that a lot of people simply don't know what the other genres sound like. lol

Keep on uploading!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 09:15:51

For sure ;)
Only issue is that I am in a movement atm, and a lot of mess around you kills creativity... :( But Next month I will return with some fresh material ;0.
Thanks for the support.

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 09:27:52

lol read this

But yeah: I agree. Maybe not minimal: that's usually either techno or house, but definitely hardcore for anything with a heavy and distorted bass drum. That would include Hard House. I say that because I don't want to have genres with like 2 submissions in them. That would suck.

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 09:40:37

Minimal Techno have roots in the concept of Minimal music, there is also Minimal Symphonic, check for Phillip Glass
so, when you say minimal please refer more precisely
Minimal Techno
Minimal Funk
Minimal Symphonic
and i guess the list can go on more

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 09:40:49

Oi Nav, you got a point there.
I hope that with putting the heads together we just can make the AP better then it is already, maybe if they add only 2 extra genres for Dance overall, it would be way more convinient to find what you are looking for :).

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 09:41:58

Well my rant was regarding to dance music, so I think itw as quiet clear already...?
Minimal Mozart?

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 09:47:20

Minimal Mozart :))
lol

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 10:13:11

What I hate is that people on here don't actually know which fucking genre of music their tracks are. Most of the songs on the Dance chart chart are Trance and Techno, and hell, the only thing thats is actually going to get you really well known on here is a good old fashioned UNCE UNCE UNCE.

:/

BBS Signature

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 10:49:35

And drum and bass is anything with drums and a bass. Even if it's ye olde UNCE UNCE UNCE.

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 11:12:06

Is there a spot on Newgrounds that describes what they are expecting in the different sections of the AP? I too am one of those culprits that submits songs in the completely wrong genre.... it is because I grew up only kinda listening to techno (whatever category) and I listened to more classical, and beatles, and beach boys and Nirvana (kinda gave the whole spectrum). Though for the last couple years I have been heavily into techno. I do not really understand the different styles... everyone has told me something completely different, and even the internets have given me different opinions... now if I can't trust the internets.... who can i trust?

So um, maybe a NG GUIDE to the music categories?

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 11:30:39

electronic music guide not on NG but ... it's good (and funny)

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 13:22:10

There's just Heavy Metal from all of the Metal genres. Most of the stuff on the charts aren't even Heavy Metal in it's actual meaning, so if there's not going to be a change in that, I don't see why there should be a change in any other genre either.

ReverbNation | Twitter | Youtube | Facebook

(Latest track) "MAC12 - Viking Barbers from Outer Space" - Classical

BBS Signature

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 13:36:59

At 8/20/08 01:31 PM, DJ-Divinorum wrote:
At 8/20/08 08:57 AM, Carf wrote: Wrote things about wanting Hardstyle
Son, you aren't looking hard enough.

Hardstyle

More Hardstyle

He didn't wrote about lack of music, he wrote about lack of options of labeling your music, lack of music styles in the site options.

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 13:38:13

Freeform - 170 to 200+

And Brit House is called Scouse House now I think. I never hear any of it over here. Its all the hits and shit you find on national radio stations.

BBS Signature

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 13:52:15

Thanx for the whoring ;p

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 13:53:04

i see that a lot of people can write and less people can read ...
i know ... it's hard to read, there are usually more than 3 letters in a word

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 13:55:35

At 8/20/08 01:38 PM, Sp1r1T wrote: Freeform - 170 to 200+

Freeform is just hardcore. End of story. In the eternal words of DJ Sy, its all just hardcore.

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 14:33:50

At 8/20/08 09:47 AM, sorohanro wrote: Minimal Mozart :))
lol

Minimalistic Progressive Jazz....Math...Metal??

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 15:12:02

At 8/20/08 11:30 AM, sorohanro wrote: electronic music guide not on NG but ... it's good (and funny)

Thanks a bunch for that.

Okay, so after reading that whole speel (which took an hour out of my day) I now realize that I made House music mostly....thanks.

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 15:16:11

At 8/20/08 09:27 AM, Nav wrote: lol read this

I'M TIRED OF CLICKING ON THAT ONCE A WEEK!! >:(

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 17:09:53

At 8/20/08 03:16 PM, loogiesquared wrote:
At 8/20/08 09:27 AM, Nav wrote: lol read this
I'M TIRED OF CLICKING ON THAT ONCE A WEEK!! >:(

Does somebody stand next to you holding a gun to your head until you click it or....?
Its free to go if you want to go there ;p

Ontopic: It seems that I am not the only one who would like to see some more style, maybe we can ask a Mod to take a look into these possibilities?
Dark, where ya at as we need ya ;p.

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-20 22:55:45

Carf is my hero!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-21 00:24:43

"What's in a name? That which we call an electronic music genre
By any other name would sound as sweet."

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-21 02:58:16

At 8/20/08 10:55 PM, Zooloo75 wrote: Carf is my hero!

Wow, that is the nicest thing I ever heard on NG ;p.

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-21 03:32:15

yeps 1200% whoring, but for the good thing. (Its one of my personal faves)

An example of how we call that amazing style in EUROPE. Hardcore!

<a>http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/157227<a>

The cake is a lie..... :(

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-21 05:51:14

At 8/20/08 01:55 PM, Nav wrote:
Freeform is just hardcore. End of story. In the eternal words of DJ Sy, its all just hardcore.

Well, to me hardcore is like gabber, I think of freeform as like a mix of all genres, but w.e, its only a genre.

When I listen to it, Most Tracks are like fast trance with drum n bass breaks, acid notes and you still hear the normal uhn tiss stuff in there :P

BBS Signature

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-21 07:03:31

At 8/21/08 05:51 AM, Sp1r1T wrote:
At 8/20/08 01:55 PM, Nav wrote:
Well, to me hardcore is like gabber, I think of freeform as like a mix of all genres, but w.e, its only a genre.

When I listen to it, Most Tracks are like fast trance with drum n bass breaks, acid notes and you still hear the normal uhn tiss stuff in there :P

In what part of the world is the uk?
I said **EUROPE. Hardcore!**
So yes you are familiar with the word Gabber, but in the states they wont know what the fuck you are talking about, unless you talk to Rob-Gee or Lenny Dee, but those names are from loooonnnngggg ago...
Aslong NOBODY start to mentino Jumpstyle over here, its all good...

Retro never get old!

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-21 07:54:25

At 8/20/08 01:53 PM, DJ-Divinorum wrote:

To put it short just contact Wade or Tom and just see what they say.

Nope. Nah uh. Can't do that. Trust me, those two get enough shit as it is. Trust me. I've tried pitching them my brilliant ideas whilst giving them my tee shirt sizes for placing in previous comps, but they only READ it. They don't do shit about it because they are extremely busy, and because of that feel that they can just throw aside all comments on the subjects and such, WHICH they can. So just deal with it. This isn't myspace, but it's probably better that way. Let's face it. If Tom made the audio portal today, it would probably suck a lot more than it ever has. And I for one do not find the portal to be all that bad. Granted, I've gotten used to the zero voters/ bad reviews/ random stupid people.

quarl BandCamp

Response to Trance, techno and... nothing more? 2008-08-21 07:56:57

At 8/21/08 07:54 AM, Quarl wrote:
At 8/20/08 01:53 PM, DJ-Divinorum wrote:

To put it short just contact Wade or Tom and just see what they say.
Nope. Nah uh. Can't do that. Trust me, those two get enough shit as it is. Trust me. I've tried pitching them my brilliant ideas whilst giving them my tee shirt sizes for placing in previous comps, but they only READ it. They don't do shit about it because they are extremely busy, and because of that feel that they can just throw aside all comments on the subjects and such, WHICH they can. So just deal with it. This isn't myspace, but it's probably better that way. Let's face it. If Tom made the audio portal today, it would probably suck a lot more than it ever has. And I for one do not find the portal to be all that bad. Granted, I've gotten used to the zero voters/ bad reviews/ random stupid people.

Amen to that, and very good thinking, I mean, if they have to pick up ALL the *great ideas* people have got over here... they better setup a callcentre with 24/7 support with some indian hard working peeps over there...
I have send DarksidE a PM, hope that he responds.

Retro never get old!