00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Drakenyaze's Character Design

19,700 Views | 271 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-06 13:01:05

At 11/24/08 11:02 PM, Cardboardwarrior wrote: Oi Vey... the characters seem a tad, well, flat. Try giving them more animated poses. Y'know, mix it up a little. Also, what makes your style stand out from everyone elses? What personal touches do you give your work that really scream "Hey world, Drakenyaze drew this!"? I know a guy who draws a lot like you. What makes you different than him?' Try a some more splashes of colour here and there as well.

I'm not saying your work is bad. Not at all. I like where you're going with these. It just seems a little bland.
Many thanks for the comment carboardwarrior I love when i get constructive criticism from ppl so thank you :D what makes my style different actually i was think about this last night and you know what i got nothing so i really need to work on that lol :D, pretty much still working on my own once again thanks for the comment i will try to take these words to good use just how i have done with allot of advice i have gotten from ppl, thanks again :D

Any time. Do you do any landscape pictures? I want to see what the world around these characters is like. I'm imagining something like a fucked up Dr. Seuss book, but that's just me.
A quick idea. When you start doing backgrounds and such for your fellers, try cutting them out and pasting them onto a scenic picture done in pastel. That'd be great if you took a 50's inspired 'perfect family' portrait and put your characters over the faces.

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-06 13:55:05

Any time. Do you do any landscape pictures? I want to see what the world around these characters is like. I'm imagining something like a fucked up Dr. Seuss book, but that's just me.
A quick idea. When you start doing backgrounds and such for your fellers, try cutting them out and pasting them onto a scenic picture done in pastel. That'd be great if you took a 50's inspired 'perfect family' portrait and put your characters over the faces.

Landscape I have done a few but not allot of them are really great lol and there is 3 world like places they live in and one is very F'ed up lol, and the idea you have gave for the 50's family thing I found that to be a funny idea might try it :P, but eventually i will post landscape but in the mean time again i love posting updates on this photo lol :P

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-07 00:45:50

At 9/8/08 04:15 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: here is a cartoonish style picture of Hugh Laurie I like it but unfortunately I made the shoulders to high I did this like almost a year ago and again sorry for the quality again to big for my scanner hope you like it

Doctor Gregory house does is not amused by your bullshit..perfectly drawn to fit that

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-07 12:11:04

Doctor Gregory house does is not amused by your bullshit..perfectly drawn to fit that

wait i don't under stand does that mean you hate it?

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-07 17:51:08

At 12/7/08 12:11 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: wait i don't under stand does that mean you hate it?

I think it means he likes your HOUSE portrait. :P Hugh Laurie = |:( LOL
(Btw progress is lookin' good! :D)

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-08 16:07:59

At 12/7/08 05:51 PM, Hellknight1000 wrote:
At 12/7/08 12:11 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: wait i don't under stand does that mean you hate it?
I think it means he likes your HOUSE portrait. :P Hugh Laurie = |:( LOL
(Btw progress is lookin' good! :D)

yeah i guess so lol :3

anyways here is a pic of chaos minion called ten which if i remember means heavens in Japanese I not sure i will have to look it up again I have draw a pic of her before but only the face so here is a quick sketch of sorta a full body of it enjoy :3

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-11 16:24:48

well here is an update on the picture not much work done to it :(

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-12 16:25:05

<copy and paste from DA> well here is a pic that i'm letting you decide on how i finish it
1. color it in
2. continue to shade and not color

this picture is based of 2 character who will most likely never actually meat

the guy getting chocked and has the sword is the main protagonist from hellknight1000 story Heavens only shadow

the guy doing the chocking is my main antagonist from my manga Damned to hell

I am actually hoping to cooperate with Hellknight1000 to make a bunch of images based on the 2 stories characters in fights but idk but anyways I got permission to use his character so yeah

You Decide the images fate

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-13 14:20:20

LOL.. awesome pic Drakenyaze..

of course you make your charactor win..Hehe..

Nice job on both charactors..

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-14 17:45:05

At 12/13/08 02:20 PM, ufmshamrock wrote: LOL.. awesome pic Drakenyaze..

of course you make your charactor win..Hehe..

Nice job on both charactors..

my character has a sword threw him so i call it even XD

but anyways thanks for the comment

well here is a drawing i did today of a random character lol he reminds me of axel (believe that is his name cause i never played the game) from kingdom heart 2 but i still like it :3 don't mind his giant hands i meant to do that

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-14 18:45:53

Weird.... It a perfect drawing and all,, but the charactor is just werid.. kinda the only way i can describe it

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-17 14:53:50

At 12/14/08 06:45 PM, ufmshamrock wrote: Weird.... It a perfect drawing and all,, but the charactor is just werid.. kinda the only way i can describe it

yeah he is a weird one :P

here is another joker picture i drew :D I did it today during spare lol enjoy

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-17 15:33:54

That joker picture well give little kids nightmares... And me too =) good job

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-18 00:03:22

At 12/17/08 02:53 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: here is another joker picture i drew :D I did it today during spare lol enjoy

One of my favorites dude. Very very nice. I like how he has no eyes!
There's a few problems with it (that I'm sure you're aware of after my DA post) but overall, I LOVE this one! :D

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-21 17:13:57

At 12/17/08 03:00 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 12/17/08 02:53 PM, Drakenyaze wrote:
At 12/14/08 06:45 PM, ufmshamrock wrote: Weird.... It a perfect drawing and all,, but the charactor is just werid.. kinda the only way i can describe it
yeah he is a weird one :P

here is another joker picture i drew :D I did it today during spare lol enjoy
So what do you find that it is so lovable about the Joker? The riddler not even the penguin could not even come around to his level evil yet at the same time being able to deliver a few laughs. It's sort of hard to find one comic book villain as funny like him.

Idk what i really like about the joker but ever since i was younger when i first saw the joker i though that he was amazing just how he acted and stuff :P he was just overall has always been a really well made character

At 12/17/08 03:33 PM, ufmshamrock wrote: That joker picture well give little kids nightmares... And me too =) good job

so the picture is scary eh lol, anyways thanks for the comment

At 12/18/08 12:03 AM, Hellknight1000 wrote:
At 12/17/08 02:53 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: here is another joker picture i drew :D I did it today during spare lol enjoy
One of my favorites dude. Very very nice. I like how he has no eyes!
There's a few problems with it (that I'm sure you're aware of after my DA post) but overall, I LOVE this one! :D

yeah I have problems with the pic but i love it as well lol thanks for the comment

anyways here is a picture I'm working on right now just felt like posting what done so far, yes it is one piece :P the only major problem i have is choppers hat i don't have the right color for it :( enjoy :D

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2008-12-22 11:00:04

looks awesome, i dont know much about one piece, but awesome art

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-03-12 21:27:24

Just to show I'm not Dead yet it just has been a long time XD I drew Laguna one more time >:3 but yeah i need to start posting on ng again XD

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-03-13 11:12:33

At 3/12/09 09:27 PM, Drakenyaze wrote: Just to show I'm not Dead yet it just has been a long time XD I drew Laguna one more time >:3 but yeah i need to start posting on ng again XD

HOOOOOLLYY SHIT!!! IT'S DRAKENYAAZE!! :O Welcome back! XD
And yes, the drawing is lovely. :3

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-07-12 22:57:37

wow again been ages not use to going on ng much anymore XD but yeah I did this request for some one on Da lol it is a Family Portrait of chaos and steve and a random dummy anyways enjoy :P

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-09-11 10:52:41

it has been awhile but yeah here yeah go

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-09-11 10:54:25

AND ONE MORE

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-11-08 23:22:34

improvements >:3 lol since may to November anyways enjoy

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-11-09 01:07:53

just a character design

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-11-09 16:15:35

i drew a skull in life drawing class today and felt like posting it :3

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-11-09 17:06:26

Oh yeah, I remember your stuff, did you ever finish that one with Chaos and the girl, back on page 1?

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-11-09 17:31:17

At 11/9/09 05:06 PM, TheDaveAngle wrote: Oh yeah, I remember your stuff, did you ever finish that one with Chaos and the girl, back on page 1?

oh yeah that picture lol I think I did finish it but ended up ripping it to shreds because I hated it in the end lol and again that reminds me I need to draw chaos more often I usually don't much anymore

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2009-11-15 23:33:22

Hope to be posting some things here soon [not many of you will recognize me] but if none of you mind I have a quick question for you regulars..

How do you develop consistency into your drawings? I'm starting a new flash (i know! Not wrong board) project and am going to need to consistently reproduce sequences of characters. ie running sequences, the like.. but it seems like most of the time when i do this, it looks too messy-and like a bunch of loosely stringed together frames instead of one body type running.

just sorta looking for a more insightful artists approach to reproducing drawings that flow together..i know it probably takes a lot of anatomy knowledge to do this well but..yeah........any advice?

BBS Signature

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2010-01-27 05:59:15

BAM NEW PIC XD lol keep forgetting about NG I'm SORRY D:

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2010-01-27 06:20:58

At 1/27/10 05:59 AM, Drakenyaze wrote: BAM NEW PIC XD lol keep forgetting about NG I'm SORRY D:

How dare you forget about NG! That looks heaps good. The shading on his croutch could be improved. Is there a face on the end of the gun? I prefer your more colourful pieces but this is still done really well. What do you use to colour your drawings? You definently have improved quite a lot since the start of this thread :D

Response to Drakenyaze's Character Design 2010-01-27 06:44:15

At 1/27/10 06:20 AM, CloudEater wrote:
At 1/27/10 05:59 AM, Drakenyaze wrote: BAM NEW PIC XD lol keep forgetting about NG I'm SORRY D:
How dare you forget about NG! That looks heaps good. The shading on his croutch could be improved. Is there a face on the end of the gun? I prefer your more colourful pieces but this is still done really well. What do you use to colour your drawings? You definently have improved quite a lot since the start of this thread :D

I know eh I mean its where I started posting my art D: ,yeah the pants were rushed lol, and yes that is a face at the end of the gun XD, for my colour drawings I use prismacolor pencil crayons, and thanks on the improved I'm glad my pre animation classes are paying off lol