00:00
00:00

I went to church for the first time

901 Views | 19 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Today I went to a chinese christian church for the first time in years. The reason being, is that I am an atheist and don't believe in another particular religion.

So some chinese people borrow the church from the other people that use it, and they have their own session at around 2 o'clock. Thus, everyone there is chinese.

As luck would have it, all the other people that were supposed to be in my class or group or whatever, were at some sort of bible camp. So the instructor and I were the only ones there, and that made it very up close and personal.

We started to read the first chapter in the bible, then the last, and then the second; as a sort of 'introduction' into Christianity. After that hour and 15 minutes, I've learned a lot about the bible, that I didn't know before.

But that doesn't mean that I believed any of it. I just find it very hard to believe in any of that stuff. But after the instructor had that private session with me, we had to say a prayer. And that's just very awkward, you know? I had to repent my sins, etc. etc. I was very uncomfortable.

If I could, I wouldn't want to go to that church again. But because the instructor had been so friendly and willing to teach me, I don't want to let her down by not going.

I'm having a lot of mixed feelings about this. Any advice?

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 20:48:22

She's smoking hot, otherwise you wouldn't be going back again.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 20:52:46

At 8/3/08 08:48 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: She's smoking hot, otherwise you wouldn't be going back again.

no... She's really old, and she has 31 year old son. So... yeah.

At 8/3/08 08:50 PM, hereforrock wrote: Well, you can't be an atheist, and not know stuff about the Bible. An atheist is a person who has studied all the major religions, and has decided that he doesn't believe in any of them. I suggest that you go at least once more. :)

Well, I just don't go to church. And I haven't believed in god or any other god for that matter.

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 20:58:27

If they are as nice as you say they will understand you wanting to leave.

Mormons on the other hand are weirdo's who drag you in with excuses

Thanks to Adio,Dekuboy,Supercalifragalistic,C opperChaos,T-N-T, Riots,EvilerBowser1001, linkzero-x, clankster4,KIRBYLINK,EverReady2Kill ,Alfie, killerhatch, and Quistybetter

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 20:59:10

You could go when other people do so it wouldn't be so personal.

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 21:00:42

At 8/3/08 08:58 PM, JoeAbbt-Grimes wrote: If they are as nice as you say they will understand you wanting to leave.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think moronism is a good idea. Think of how many wives you get to have.

Lol Mormon.

Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 22:14:42

At 8/3/08 08:58 PM, JoeAbbt-Grimes wrote: If they are as nice as you say they will understand you wanting to leave.

well, the lady said that "I hope you come back every week. I'll be praying for you."
She really wants me to continue going.

At 8/3/08 08:59 PM, ExtremeFudgeMaster wrote: You could go when other people do so it wouldn't be so personal.

yeah, that's just bad timing. I didn't know that they were all at a camp, so my first day was very personal. And I don't like being 'special' in a group of people to the teacher. Not a teacher's pet, I just don't like getting personal with the teachers.

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 22:15:48

my advice, would be if you want to go to church, go to... a non denonination christian church, or methodist or something, they have a normal, easy to withstand servace. you could look up religion and stuff but yno, them wiccans are scary

Pizza4ever

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 22:46:42

Tell them how you feel and part ways. They will understand.

If they don't, then tear your shirt open, hiss, and start talking backward while you crawl around the room.

...also, TL;DR.

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 22:49:13

yea, I don't feel comfortable going to church,
(I'm glad I'm out of that catholic school)
Its just really weird for me.

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 22:53:32

At 8/3/08 08:45 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Any advice?

Come join us, Timmy. Come join us. Come join us.

No, but really, do what you feel is right. I do say that you should look into the Christian Modernism movement - it's really popular in the Roman Catholic Church. It's basically the whole "The Bible is not literal, it is not historically infallible but spiritually infallible, etc." stuff that you hear thinking Christians say.

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 23:04:25

You should go back

.: The Audio Report :. - Artist interviews, songs, competitions and more.

The Audio Report official thread!

View the latest issue!

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-03 23:18:52

At 8/3/08 10:46 PM, MeatMachine wrote: Tell them how you feel and part ways. They will understand.

If they don't, then tear your shirt open, hiss, and start talking backward while you crawl around the room.

rofl. Well, I'm not saying that I want to leave right now. I'm just not sure what to do. At 8/3/08 10:53 PM, Achilles2 wrote:

At 8/3/08 08:45 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
Any advice?
Come join us, Timmy. Come join us. Come join us.

No, but really, do what you feel is right. I do say that you should look into the Christian Modernism movement - it's really popular in the Roman Catholic Church. It's basically the whole "The Bible is not literal, it is not historically infallible but spiritually infallible, etc." stuff that you hear thinking Christians say.

I'm a little lost. what's infallible mean? And I never understood the difference between catholic and christian.

I think that I'll go back. Not next week because I have a camp, but two weeks from now. Where there will be other people my age. And if they're cool and I feel comfortable discussing the bible, praying, etc. Then I might stay.

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-04 00:00:26

Go for it. Might be boring, but you'll learn more about the Bible, and that's good even for atheists.

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-04 00:02:17

At 8/3/08 08:45 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Stuff

You shoulda grabbed her dick.

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-04 00:07:06

I haven't been in church since like 2006 hah.

I don't see the harm in going back there again. Since churches are suppose to be open to all people of the community and not just Christians.

Try not to get brainwashed or anything though, heh.

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-04 00:08:28

No dont go there, study muslimness and learn about how they are peaceful but punish non believers to death and stone women to death for breaking there version of commandments!

sounds awesome to me, ma by you will get to cut some ones head off or throw stones at some one untill they die!

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-04 00:12:41

well, try to find the lord,
he is calling for you!
hear him

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-04 00:42:03

Just go for it. I'm not a crazy Christian or anything, but give it a shot.

NG's Useless One Liner-er (just kidding Evark, don't ban me :S)

BBS Signature

Response to I went to church for the first time 2008-08-04 00:46:56

At 8/3/08 10:46 PM, MeatMachine wrote: If they don't, then tear your shirt open, hiss, and start talking backward while you crawl around the room.

Oh shit, that was a good laugh, *whew*

Really you can't lose if you go, or stay away, so it's your call.

BBS Signature