New Topic Respond to this Topic
Drageionel
Drageionel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Melancholy
Tips on beating Pandemic 2 2008-07-21 08:06:07 Reply

Hey you guys,if you don't know what Pandemic 2 is,click on the link here.
If you have played,what do you think is the most effective way of winning the game and how?

Yours (un)faithfully,NG member Drageionel

BBS Signature
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Musician

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
Kelrycor
Kelrycor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Programmer
Response to Tips on beating Pandemic 2 2008-07-22 14:29:20 Reply

At 7/21/08 08:06 AM, Drageionel wrote: Hey you guys,if you don't know what Pandemic 2 is,click on the link here.
If you have played,what do you think is the most effective way of winning the game and how?

The only real problem is to infect madagascar - so only if you start off in that country you can beat the game. Even with the slow but my favorite parasites. How to do that? Stealth is the key to it.

Only parasites have zero "visible" status if you sell all symptons from the start, but the offers work more or less too. Then buy all resistance up to level 3 (drugs level 3 protected me every time against the vaccine). If the infected count to madagascar slowly raises up to 50k people, or you feel up to it (have enuff evo-points) start up the infection rush with all transmissions. Now you wait until every country has at least 1 infected person.
Then you have already won, just buy "fever" and "pulmonary edema", thats enuff to kill them at least slowly. Wait until happened or do buy symptons as you like to make them suffer faster.

This works for virus, bacteria and parasite. If you don't start in madagascar, you can catch at least all other countries that way. The Vaccine I ignore, it never stopped my disease with drug level 3 - so 4 is useless. Same to lvl 4 resistances, you don't need them to invade all countries.

"Homo homini lupus est!" - Hobbes, Leviathan