00:00
00:00

Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club

457,293 Views | 8,718 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-19 20:13:53

At 9/19/12 07:51 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/19/12 07:07 PM, SG3 wrote: Green Lantern feels like an odd character to choose, though, as he's pretty distanced from that kind of archetype.
Are you saying that nothing at all seemed gay about him?

Certainly not the gayest of the Justice League.

Want more fans? Promote this URL: http://sketchbookprotest.newgrounds.com/follow

NOTE: if you're not seeing the image like this in the forums, then it is because your browser

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-19 21:36:02

At 9/19/12 06:12 PM, SG3 wrote: Did anyone ever read the new gay version of Green Lantern, from Earth 2? I read the first two issues, but never ended up following it.

I never really cared for Green Lantern, so it didn't really grab me. Apparently it was a big deal, though. One Million Moms did a whole boycott of DC as protest, but that's nothing new.

Just wondered if anybody reads it / has any thoughts on it?

Haha, no. I don't bother with comics. The closest was buying the Watchmen graphic novel, the Scott Pilgrim books and a Silent Hill graphic novel. I know people who are really into comics, but eh, myself just never cared.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-19 22:39:07

At 9/19/12 08:13 PM, SG3 wrote: Certainly not the gayest of the Justice League.

Did any of them spend more time with their own gender than the opposite?

Did any of then have trouble with dating the opposite gender?

And who's to say Robin's relationship with Batman wasn't strictly business?

At least Rawhide Kid (Marvel's outed superhero) was never good with women.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-20 04:36:56

Of course you're bisexual if you happen to be sexually attracted to both.

And by their logic virgins would be asexual.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-20 21:01:10

At 9/19/12 10:39 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 9/19/12 08:13 PM, SG3 wrote: Certainly not the gayest of the Justice League.
Did any of them spend more time with their own gender than the opposite?

Well, there's a pretty heavy degree of unspoken homoeroticism in most comic-books. There's certainly a much larger number of male characters than females, especially sidekick-wise.

Did any of then have trouble with dating the opposite gender?

Aside from the obvious love interests like Mary Jane or Lois Lane, and maybe some super-hero ones like Invisible Woman or Black Canary, romantic sub-plots are usually very minor, as if they're thrown in to make the hero more relatable, or to quell the obvious homoerotic undertones inherent to the medium.

And who's to say Robin's relationship with Batman wasn't strictly business?

lol, that's not what I was implying. To be fair, that would actually make quite a bit of sense from a character point of view; Bruce Wayne is subjected to massive emotional trauma as a child, which makes him pathologically unable to engage in adult relationships. Hence, he remains in a state of arrested childhood and has a pederastic relationship with Robin. Really changes your perspective on Batman.

At least Rawhide Kid (Marvel's outed superhero) was never good with women.

Wasn't that supposed to be such a horrible, stereotypical depiction of homosexuality it was cancelled after like a year? I know they also revealed Captain Canada was gay, and then promptly never mentioned it again.

To be fair, Green Lantern was a reboot, so they didn't introduce it as part of his already established character. That works better than simply retconning aspects from the canon.

Want more fans? Promote this URL: http://sketchbookprotest.newgrounds.com/follow

NOTE: if you're not seeing the image like this in the forums, then it is because your browser

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-21 18:42:47

Hey, you know all those words they give for guys who do anal sex?

Well, what are some of the ones you have heard?

Top/bottom

Pitcher/catcher

0/1

And here's one that I made up (in the form of a question):

"Do you dish it out or take it?"

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-23 19:48:43

gah there's this guy in my p.e. class who i'm madly in love with but i'll never be able to get into a relationship with him because he's heteroboring ;_____;

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-23 21:59:23

At 9/23/12 08:17 PM, Light wrote:
At 9/23/12 07:48 PM, Yert wrote: gah there's this guy in my p.e. class who i'm madly in love with but i'll never be able to get into a relationship with him because he's heteroboring ;_____;
You know what to do.

Rape him.

Yes, from what you've told us, you don't have much of a choice.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-23 22:01:54

Shoot once a straight guy knows you're gay, chances are they might let you experiment with them. So you do have some chance there.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-23 22:42:05

At 9/23/12 10:01 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Shoot once a straight guy knows you're gay, chances are they might let you experiment with them. So you do have some chance there.

Aim for the stars, kids.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-23 23:40:46

At 9/23/12 10:42 PM, SG3 wrote:
At 9/23/12 10:01 PM, The-Great-One wrote: Shoot once a straight guy knows you're gay, chances are they might let you experiment with them. So you do have some chance there.
Aim for the stars, kids.

Get them wasted.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-24 01:10:06

Because most straight people are not 100% straight.

Get him drunk and play dare.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-24 14:24:36

At 9/24/12 01:31 PM, Confucianism wrote: What do you guys and the odd gall think of my new sig? Rather fetching don't you think?

Unconditional love? That is so nice of you!

BTW, what's with the green?

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-24 14:43:26

At 9/24/12 02:26 PM, Confucianism wrote: It's umm....Yeah sure whatever.....

So you don't really love me?

(You just keep me hanging on)
I like the colour green.

But you were Fab for a very long time.

And his eyes are green?

Yes, they certainly look green to me.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-24 15:20:32

At 9/24/12 02:46 PM, Confucianism wrote: it was appart of my identity here.

Don't you mean "a part" of your identity?

Also, shouldn't you recolor your icon pic to fit the theme?

Funny thing is I didn't mean to put the question mark there ;)
My mistake.

I didn't even notice it too until I quoted you.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-24 16:13:54

At 9/24/12 03:30 PM, Confucianism wrote: It's going to look very similar to my profile picture.

In that case, I have already converted it for you.

Not perfect, but still.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-24 16:36:28

At 9/24/12 04:25 PM, Confucianism wrote: I took it anyway!
~Chuckles~

I feel so honored.

Though your new character does look a bit mean...

Lean, mean and green.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-24 16:41:27

At 9/24/12 04:38 PM, Confucianism wrote: Like seeing someone who told you they had left forever after a very long time.

Is there something personal you'd like to share?

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-24 17:14:52

At 9/24/12 04:42 PM, Confucianism wrote: Ummm, why? This is the meaning behind the picture.

Just thought that something like that might have happened to you recently.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 03:11:55

At 9/25/12 02:08 AM, Confucianism wrote: You know the story, he's straight and I'm not. Go me right?

Well, you becoming straight isn't going to bring the two of you closer together...

Then again, straight guys tend to form long lasting friendships, and even brotherhoods.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 14:24:27

At 9/25/12 01:59 PM, Confucianism wrote: Yeah, right. I can freely choose to become straight. And anyone can choose to be gay. Strange boy.

You knew I was kidding, right?

If you had remembered my story (You don't care! *Cry* I jest) then you would remember that we are very close. And we are like brothers and we have both said this. So I do have a brotherhood with him.

Sorry, I have bad short term memory...

What is keeping you two apart again.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 14:54:11

At 9/25/12 02:27 PM, Confucianism wrote: You know I'm not stupid, right?

I never said you were.

It's just hard to tell sarcasm on the internet.

All you had to do was look back one post of mine here. He's straight. I'm gay.

And that's the only reason you two can't be close friends anymore? Seems a teeny bit homophobic, don't ya think?

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 15:04:40

At 9/25/12 02:59 PM, Confucianism wrote: . . . . . . I never said we weren't friends. You're just making things up in your mind now.

I'm just trying to be logical about it and eliminate the possibilities.

So far my conclusion is that you're madly in love with him, and you're sad that he can never be your life partner.

Amiright?

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 15:27:28

At 9/25/12 03:08 PM, Confucianism wrote: But there's a bit more to it than being madly in love with him on my part.

Yeah, there is fear of loss, as well as other things that form the glue in a relationship.

Still, you want to keep him, but he probably just wants to move on and have a wife and kids.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 15:39:13

At 9/25/12 03:33 PM, Confucianism wrote: So it's hardly as if he's moving on. He doesn't want kids.

Then I don't have sufficient information to reach a conclusion.

Are you two just growing apart and seeing each other less?

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 15:53:47

At 9/25/12 03:45 PM, Confucianism wrote: We're seeing each other less but not growing appart.

Then I guess he's happy and you're not.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 16:14:40

At 9/25/12 03:57 PM, Confucianism wrote: You're just telling me what I already know but well done.

So... What do you want to talk about now?

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 16:29:11

At 9/25/12 04:17 PM, Confucianism wrote: How I'll never be able to have him love me back.
Ahahahaha!

Well, you could manipulate him into loving you, but that would be kinda creepy.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 16:44:30

At 9/25/12 04:32 PM, Confucianism wrote: So how would I manipulate him into loving me?

I dunno. Say you found a new guy and are getting married/civilly unionized.

It's just an idea I got based on the character Rose from Two and a Half Men.

Response to Newgrounds Gay/bisexual Users Club 2012-09-25 17:29:26

Fuck.

There's a boy I like who's in the grade below me, and I'd like to get to know him more, but a friend of mine (girl) likes me a lot. I like her too, she's a really good friend, but not in the way that she likes me. It has nothing to do with physical appearances or anything like that, I just don't feel the same way. Problem is, a while ago she told me via text that she liked me, and I told her that while I also liked her, I didn't feel the same way and didn't want a relationship. She understood, was cool about it, and we've hung out since them. Problem is, today, she asked me out on a date on Saturday. Fuck. First she texted one of my friends at my lunch table about it, then walked over to us and said something about her friends making her do it, otherwise they would come over to our table and sing "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid. So not only do I have her doing this, but all of her friends are heaping on a shitton of pressure onto the both of us as well.

So now I have to go on a date with her while still letting her know that I'm not interested in her AND not sounding or acting like a dick, AND finding a way to get to know the boy I want to go out with. God fucking damnit.