I have a great idea for a game... 2008-07-10 20:54:29
...but I need a few people to help me out. It's a basic card game. I'll worry about the graphics later. So here's the main gist of the game:
- Basic card game, similar to D-Evo or that castle building game, but much simpler. No fancy animations, but I might have the back of the cards have a fancy graphic.
- 100 different levels of enemies. Level 2 would use a majority of level 2 cards with a few level 1 ones, level 3 would use a majority of 2 and 3 with a few level ones, etc. etc.
- Every 10th level would be a boss that uses all 10 cards.
- 100 different levels of cards, but each one is worth a different amount of points. Obviously, level 1 cards wouldn't be worth over 5. Each level of cards would have a max point value that's mathematically equal (5 times the level).
- Each level is worth gold. The higher the level, the higher the gold.
- Every level you beat earns you a specialty card that you can't buy.
- You can only buy cards based on the highest level you beat. You beat level 40, you can buy level 40 cards.
- You can replay levels for money, but every time you beat it the amount goes down by a quarter 'til eventually it's not worth anything.
HOW TO PLAY:
- You can organize your deck with a max of 9 cards.
- To play you simply which level of cards you want to use, then from the middle box, you would drag and drop which cards you want to use (you can use multiple levels), and then you would select which level and hit play.
- No money is lost if you lose, but this option can be turned on, same with difficulty.
- The game is based off of cuss words. I am absolutely obsessed with linguistics so I think this would be fun. Cuss words vary from local street slang to Shakespearean. Foreign cuss words such as eejit or blatherskite, outdated words like fanfaron, and user suggested words would be included too.
- Each word will be worth a certain amount of points and be classified into levels. Like I said before, I might make it less than 100 levels.
- If any words need to be adjusted, I will work them out no problem.
- There is some structure to this game. Levels go by very quick. When in play, the enemy will have anywhere from 1 to 9 cards laid out upside down so you can't see which combo he is going to play.
- You have to use your best judgment and best cards to try and beat 'em. You can't just throw 5 random cards down. It's pretty much simple MLA format. Some cards are adjectives (they will say on the card along with a definition and point value), nouns, and verbs. Conjunctions such as clusterfuck are already added and are pretty much nouns. Adverbs are verbs, end of story.
- If you start off with a noun, you can't add anything else. Adjectives are the best to start. You can't use two nouns or verbs together, but you can use as many adjectives as you want. Nouns are worth the most points, verbs second, and adjectives last.
- To win, you have to use a cuss word combo worth more points than the enemy.
- Each enemy's level will have a random cuss word string, but it will be mathematically worth the same, give or take a couple numbers. The higher the level, the higher the variation.
- For example, you could put down: Demented sheep fucker. Adjective, noun and verb. Very simple combo string. On higher levels you want to put down: Immuremented scatological viscera diddling flange pillaging fagorific pedophiliac barbara streisand.
- Then after you lay you cards down, you hit Go, the opponent flips over his (no fancy animation), the opponents cards are sounded out (I'll do the voice work unless someone has a better microphone), and yours are sounded out next. If you win, a applause sound plays; if not, a booing sound clip plays.
I need several people to help me. Once I can get the basic AS of the game figured out, I'll do all the work, I just need some pointers, tutorials, help guides, suggestions, etc. Can someone help me?