00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted GeoTheCAt supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

..::Art Request Thread::..

25,538 Views | 168 Replies

..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-09 14:31:43

--Art Request Thread--

This is the thread where you may request art services for a Flash project. Update your bookmarks.

Before you post please read the Art Forum Rules.

In order to keep artwork from being created for naught; requests for art will only be accepted here if you are:

a) Offering payment for art services rendered

or

b) Have significant content already produced for your Flash animation/game

If you do not meet one or both of these requirements your request will be deleted or ignored.
THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.

You MUST create a user-page blog post 'want ad' detailing what you need/expect from your artist as well as the status of your request, please keep this up to date.

Please only post requests for art in this thread.

If you are an artist looking to do a request; contact the requester through PM, IM e-mail or other means, do NOT use this thread to sort out who is doing what.

An account has been created in order to keep track of current requests for art, it is located here:
http://artrequests.newgrounds.com

If you are a regular contributor to the Art Forum and would like to help keep this list updated or if you have any serious complaints or suggestions regarding this thread please PM me.

Thank you, and happy requesting. =]

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-09 14:44:36

I'm confused. So this is where Flash artists request artwork for their project? But they either have to pay the artist or already have done a lot of work on the project?

I like Sonic in Brawl. He has pretty Final Smash.

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-09 15:02:57

At 7/9/08 02:44 PM, puredragon222 wrote: I'm confused. So this is where Flash artists request artwork for their project? But they either have to pay the artist or already have done a lot of work on the project?

Yes. To make sure that a project gets done and that the director/programmer is serious they should already have several things ready for the project in the way of voice acting, storyboards, animatics, game-engine, character design and the like. The more the better.

Someone who just has a simple script, general idea of what they want or a piece of music should get some serious work done on their idea first. I've been involved with the Flash community for long enough to know that a great majority of Flash projects do not make it from concept to Portal, most don't even come close and nobody want to spend their time working hard on something for some flake who doesn't really know the hard work that the artist puts in on a project.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-09 15:16:22

You should sticky this so random people that wander in here can find it easily.

FB | Blog

If you ever wondered who to blame for your problems, find a mirror.

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-10 06:54:20

Its pretty weird how you see "Help withe game art $$$" posts every day but not one request has been made...

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-11 01:04:28

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-14 12:59:50

i have a request

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-14 13:09:27

At 7/14/08 12:59 PM, darkmpulse1 wrote: i have a request

lol... you might want to actually READ the first post in this thread! :P It clearly says to make a news post on your user-page with your request ('cuz your thread was locked). That way people can ask questions, you can update it, and ...whatnot.

Good luck (I think you're gonna need it!)

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-14 16:44:32

At 7/14/08 12:59 PM, darkmpulse1 wrote: i have a request

I PMed you about it. I hope you're willing to pay a decent wage for them, though.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-17 02:09:01

I'm looking for someone who can animate using Swift 3D. This is "work for hire" and pay is negotiable--name your price (I prefer to pay using PayPal).

I have never used this software, but according to the maker, e-Rain, the rendered animation can be imported into Flash and this is why I prefer the animator to use Swift 3D and not Maya, or 3D Max, etc. The magic about this is that within Flash, the animation is expanded into separate layers. One layer holds the outline of the modeled object, another layer contains the color fill information, another layer holds the lighting/shadow information, etc. All of these can be edited within Flash, if I understand it correctly.

I would like to try an experiment to see how this process works. If the rough draft animation can be imported into Flash successfully and I can make changes to the rendered animation, including alpha channel, then I will proceed with my original design.

The object to be modeled is a Sony PSP and the animation is the PSP rotating and stopping at certain time intervals...like posing for the camera and showing different angles and such. The exact animation sequence will be described in detail to the interested animator. The art style is vector art, such that the final model looks like it was drawn using a vector program. No fancy 3D texturing or lighting involved. Maybe minimal.

Please send me a message to my NewGrounds mailbox and we can get into this in detail. Thanks

Additionaly, the model may require moving parts, since the PSP is a mechanical device.

For example, a close-up view of the buttons will show the buttons moving as if being pressed. The PSP also has a rear door for installing UMD (discs), so this will also require rigging to be able to animate the door opening and closing.

I understand that animators need a sort of "screenplay" to understand what the designer (me) needs. I will draw out the animation sequence and the different things I need at each frame. I can scan this rough sketch and send it to the animator.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-17 03:09:30

At 7/9/08 02:31 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: --Art Request Thread--

i am a regular art forum contributer. I believe i am confused however. so we request art from you,
and pay you, unless we are Arin Hanson, Mark Swain, Adam Phillips, or Chris Kirbopher.

so what if we wanted in on this? are you accepting artists?
im not incredibly bad...
The New NissProductions Deviant Page

and my Partner Bailstuh is godly.

NissProductions

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-27 20:33:21

this is my totally cool request!

so please check it out, its worth it trust meh

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-27 21:27:19

At 7/27/08 08:33 PM, ActionSick wrote: this is my totally cool request!

so please check it out, its worth it trust meh

hmmm....sounds interesting. the only problem is a lot of it gets done, but then the projects just stops and never gets finished.
if youre still looking, you can check out some of my shit in the links of my sig.

| - - - - - - - - - - - - - | my art thread | blood & gore | doodles | I'll draw you! | - - - - - - - - - - - - - |

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-27 21:40:17

i need someone to draw the enemies, as my artist would be overloaded. so give me your email in a pm please!

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-28 02:05:55

This is a great thread which will probably clean up the art forum loads.

And keep scammers away.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-28 02:45:54

lol now the art forum rules thread has a friend, it no longer has to feel alone when it comes to being ignored.

no but seriously, thats a big problem. we should do something to make this thread and the rules more noticeable.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-29 18:54:46

i need an artist who can make a logo for my new team... called TEAM PLA5MA the s being a five....

i would a creative design hopefully using a program such as photoshop..

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-29 20:11:15

im sorry if you don't like it.....I can't think of anything else....

THIS IS AN AWESOME GAME!I'm serious!

Meet Carbon6, my character!

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-29 20:19:13

At 7/29/08 06:54 PM, TPxHaRMLe5S wrote: i need an artist who can make a logo for my new team... called TEAM PLA5MA the s being a five....

i would a creative design hopefully using a program such as photoshop..

You're supposed to make a news post on YOUR user page and LINK to that. That way if there are questions or updates, you can take care of it yourself.

The idea was that this thread would only have posts that are links to user page request (not responses to those requests)... so someone just browsing could have up-to-date info on the status of the project (instead of trying to sift through ## pages [with multiple requests] only to find that the thing they just spent hours on is closed or abandoned).

lol! I guess it's just too complicated. People can't even read/follow the basic forum rules, dunno why I thought they'd grasp this concept! :(

I use the word 'just' a lot.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-29 20:35:59

At 7/29/08 08:19 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
lol! I guess it's just too complicated. People can't even read/follow the basic forum rules, dunno why I thought they'd grasp this concept! :(

I use the word 'just' a lot.

lol you give these forum members to much credit.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-07-29 20:50:47

A request thread on the art forum?

TAKE COVER!

View my Deviantart

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-08-06 23:53:45

artist needed for a TD game!

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9493 47

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-08-21 19:14:45

At 7/29/08 08:15 PM, SeanJoystick wrote: can sum1 make a funny animtion about me on newgrunds

i have tons of funfunny gifs to pay u with

emale me @ seanjoystick@hotmail.cum

-_- dear god....

Thanks for making this topic MC...i really want to draw for a flash. But it's hard to find people who need me.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-08-21 19:18:03

At 8/21/08 07:14 PM, Sawke wrote:

Thanks for making this topic MC...i really want to draw for a flash. But it's hard to find people who need me.

Whoops I meant BK....i'm sorry. Rude of me. XD. I need a Flash Artist to work with. If someone who can do that can PM me at my userpage we can start on something.

http://sawke.newgrounds.com/

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-08-29 03:42:45

Plowking74 submitted a flash card game called "the Necronomicon", based on the Cthulhu universe, but after a while he had to remove it from Newgrounds because Fantasy Flight Games didn't want their art used in the game. So he resubmitted it but without card art.

Now he wants to draw some art for the cards but he also accepts contributions and he said he will credit any such contributions on the cards.

Skilled artists, why don't you give a little help to this fellow newgrounder?

Here are some links:

His newspost
The Necronomicon flash card game

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-08-29 05:56:05

At 8/29/08 05:03 AM, doberman7 wrote:
At 8/29/08 03:42 AM, A-Shift wrote: His newspost
The Necronomicon flash card game
I could help I suppose, but

A.) what type of cards/monsters does he need?
B.) when does he need them?

A- Take a look at the game itself, some card art is empty.
B- I think he needs them as soon as you can give it, but you should ask him.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-08-29 23:36:03

Okay. I'm brand new here so I'm still working out how things work. Sorry if this is not the right way to do things.

I have a request here: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9611 46 . I need an artist for a MASSIVE project, I'll require thousands of images and graphics. Engine and storyline are already done, I just need an artist. And yes, I will pay.

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-09-02 06:18:48

Hey I have a request for some artwork Here. It is paid work.

...Kilroy was here

BBS Signature

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-09-21 13:16:31

Okay, i need;
color scheme: yellows
Birds eye pyramid
H: 70
W: 70
A rock
H: 13
W: 15

You will get credited on the last frame and the preloader :p

lol

Response to ..::Art Request Thread::.. 2008-09-26 13:24:20

Looking for a single background piece, pays 15 dollars.

BBS Signature