00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

renatocfrancisco just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Joss Whedon Crew

18,427 Views | 112 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-06-24 18:56:08

Just saw that Dollhouse is getting a DVD release two days after my birthday so I'll definatley be buying that. Especially since I STILL haven't managed to find it on TV. Also comes with an unshown episode (at least in the US). Definatley something I'll spend the full day watching in bed.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-06-24 19:00:28

At 6/24/09 06:56 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Just saw that Dollhouse is getting a DVD release two days after my birthday so I'll definatley be buying that. Especially since I STILL haven't managed to find it on TV. Also comes with an unshown episode (at least in the US). Definatley something I'll spend the full day watching in bed.

Don't give up on it when it's shit for the first 6 episodes or so. Picks up after that.

Also Fox has said they still might air the episode, they just didn't air it during the original run. It was just an extra standalone one, though, the main arc was tied up before it. Sort of like that episode at the end of Buffy season 4 with the First Slayer, after they've already killed the season's big bad.

Also Felicia Day, from Dr. Horrible, is in it.

It's airing on Sci-Fi in the UK at the minute, by the way.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-06-24 19:03:33

At 6/24/09 07:00 PM, TheMaster wrote: Don't give up on it when it's shit for the first 6 episodes or so. Picks up after that.

Yeah apparently that had something to do with the network as well. Just reading something along the lines of they made him air five pilot episodes so that audiences could tune in whenever and understand what was going on. After that he had more control over things and the second season will hopefully follow that trend.

Also Felicia Day, from Dr. Horrible, is in it.

Speaking of UK DVD releases, this is coming soon as well. Even though I've seen it online it's definatley something that I'll want sitting in my collection.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-06-24 19:11:06

At 6/24/09 07:03 PM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Speaking of UK DVD releases, this is coming soon as well. Even though I've seen it online it's definatley something that I'll want sitting in my collection.

Oh awesome. I've been put off importing the region 0 release since only Amazon.com stock it, and I'd have to pay for overseas shipping and that. Didn't know it was getting a proper release over here.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-07-01 16:05:20

Epitaph One (the 13th episode of Dollhouse that didn't air in America) will air on Sci-Fi UK on the 11th of August, which is before the DVD release it'll be in comes out.

Awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-07-18 08:08:40

Epitaph One and the unaired Pilot episode have been leaked onto the internet.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-07-18 17:46:57

Epitaph One is without a doubt the best episode of Dollhouse so far. It is FANTASTIC. Miles and miles ahead of the rest of the series. Completely different to every other episode, too. It's set in 2019, where the Dollhouse technology has leaked and caused the end of the world. Imprinted people outnumber normal people, and an imprint can be transmitted wirelessly through any piece of technology. It concerns a group of survivors, including Felica Day (Penny from Doctor Horrible), just trying to survive and keep their own minds.

It's perfect. Fox was insane to not air it.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-07-29 20:10:07

Dollhouse really is turning into a massive sci-fi actor fan wank.

I mean, you've already got Eliza Dushku (Faith from Buffy, Tru from Tru Calling), Tahmoh Penikett (Helo from Battlestar Galactica), Amy Acker (Fred from Angel), Alan Tudyk (Wash from Firefly), Mark Sheppard (Badger from Firefly, Romo Lampkin from Battlestar Galactica) and Felicia Day (Penny from Dr. Horrible, professional geek) and now Joss has announced he's getting Summer Glau (River in Firefly, Cameron in Terminator) and Alexis Denisof (Wesley from Buffy and Angel) next season, AND Jamie Bamber (Apollo in Battlestar Galactica) is rumoured to be appearing next season.

Fuck, throw in Nathon Fillion and Edward James Olmos and I don't think I'll need to watch another show ever again.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-10-26 20:15:23

I absolutely fucking ADORE Firefly, it's an amazing show. Too bad it got cancelled.

There is a script for the 15th Episode, and it kicks ass.

It's America's Hat!

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-11-13 14:08:22

Dollhouse got cancelled then.

Anyone really care? It was inevitable, I was amazed when it got a second series, and I haven't even watched season 2 yet. Whedon shows are too niche for Fox, and having a shit start to it didn't really help. End of the season was fantastic, as was the unaired episode, but now that's it's done, I think I'm going to wait for all of season 2 to air, so I can watch it in one go, rather than getting back into it now.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-11-13 14:23:15

With Dollhouse out, does that mean more Dr. Horrible?

Also did you anyone here see the Halloween episode of Nathan Fillion's new show Castle? He references Firefly at the ste start of the episode. Oh, found it. I love that he still cares about it.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-11-13 14:32:42

At 11/13/09 02:23 PM, boloneyman wrote: With Dollhouse out, does that mean more Dr. Horrible?

I think more Dr. Horrible was planned anyway.

Whedon posted on Whedonesque after the announcement:

Hmm. Apparently my news is not news.

I don't have a lot to say. I'm extremely proud of the people I've worked with: my star, my staff, my cast, my crew. I feel the show is getting better pretty much every week, and I think you'll agree in the coming months. I'm grateful that we got to put it on, and then come back and put it on again.

I'm off to pursue internet ventures/binge drinking. Possibly that relaxation thing I've read so much about. By the time the last episode airs, you'll know what my next project is. But for now there's a lot of work still to be done, and disappointment to bear.

Thank you all for your support, your patience, your excellent adverts. See you again. -j.

So yeah, expect announcement soon.

Also did you anyone here see the Halloween episode of Nathan Fillion's new show Castle? He references Firefly at the ste start of the episode. Oh, found it. I love that he still cares about it.

I didn't see the episode, but I saw the clip of him dressed as Mal.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-11-28 00:13:22

Joss Whedon is great. It's too bad about dollhouse. Fox is retarted.

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2009-12-15 17:48:30

Just read the 15th episode script of Firefly... Man I miss this show.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-01-02 16:30:27

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-01-02 18:08:52

I caught up with Dollhouse a few weeks ago, marathoning all of season 2 while it's on the break, having not watched since Epitaph One.

Season 2 is how the show should have been from the start. Seeing the engagements themselves is boring, the workings of the Dollhouse itself are interesting. Honestly though, it's still only good, not great. Epitaph One was amazing, but I don't think the post-apocalyptic setting would work for more than a one off thing. Glad it's ending, and that it was cancelled with enough time to spare for it to actually be given an ending, rather than to just have it stop. I'd rather see Whedon working on something new, because as good as Dollhouse is, it doesn't feel like Whedon.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-01-30 20:33:18

Spoilers for Epitaph Two in this post.

Epitaph Two was Dollhouse perfected. Fantastic ending. I mean, we're not talking "Not Fade Away" good, but still pretty great. Ballard's death was probably the most shocking in a Whedon show. I mean, killing of main characters unexpectedly isn't new (Wash ;_;), but never so suddenly, in an otherwise unremarkable action sequence.

Topher's death didn't hit me as hard, him being insane and all, and I was very surprised both Priya and Tony survived, since as a rule you're not allowed to have happy, stable relationships in Whedon shows.

Still, on the whole the show was probably Whedon's weakest. Season 2 was great, but the impossibly slow start to season 1 killed the audience before it could even get going. At least it had a decent ending.

Roll on Dr. Horrible 2, then.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-01-30 21:47:23

At 1/30/10 08:59 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
and I love love LOVE Topher.

See, I felt for him when Bennet had just been killed, but he was too far gone in the finale to really care about.

My favourite bits in the series are when they imprint Victor/Tony with Topher, though. Enver Gjokaj is just incredible at it. He was pretty great in general, actually, I'd like to see him in more stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-02-01 08:19:54

So, Joss said we'd know what his next project was by the time the last episode aired.

Are we just supposed to assume it's Dr. Horrible 2, then, since that's all that's known to be in the works? I'd have thought he'd have done a proper announcement.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-02-23 18:39:07

Man, I got Dr Horrible on DVD last week, and after a quick rewatch, listened to that Commentary! The Musical.

It's amazing. Maybe even funnier than Dr. Horrible itself. Well worth checking out.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-02-27 07:50:03

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-03-25 18:40:28

Man I'm not sure how I just found out about this club now. I loved Firefly and I died a little when it was cancelled. It was such a great series. I also haven't seen Buffy in forever either but I loved that also. Joss Whedon is a great man, I can't wait to see more of him in the future.

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-03-25 18:48:09

I read the volume 6 TPB of Buffy Season 8 yesterday. This stuff just gets more and more mental. Tanks vs werewolves, Slayers with rocket launchers, and Buffy able to fly. Still doesn't quite top Giant Dawn for Giant Robot Dawn, though.

At 3/25/10 06:40 PM, Ship wrote: I can't wait to see more of him in the future.

He's got Dr. Horrible 2 in the works, and a film with Eliza Dushku further down the line.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-06-24 10:55:22

to bad most of joss wheadons crap is either canceled or there actors decide to quit it.

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-06-24 11:05:05

At 6/24/10 10:55 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: to bad most of joss wheadons crap is either canceled or there actors decide to quit it.

It's not a proper Whedon show if it doesn't get cancelled.

Half the reason he's leaning towards doing more web-based stuff. Dr. Horrible 2 is his next project, although I did hear something about a film with Eliza Dushku in the works, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-06-24 11:14:42

At 6/24/10 11:05 AM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/24/10 10:55 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: to bad most of joss wheadons crap is either canceled or there actors decide to quit it.
It's not a proper Whedon show if it doesn't get cancelled.

the only really good stuff was Buffy and Angel I thought Firefly was stupid as hell.

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-06-25 13:45:57

At 6/24/10 11:14 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: the only really good stuff was Buffy and Angel I thought Firefly was stupid as hell.

Firefly was great, but to each their own.

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-07-28 23:50:32

Joss is directing and writing the new Avengers movie. HELL YES.

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2010-07-29 13:44:43

hey I was watch comic con and the guy who played the captain on Firefly said Joss was trying to make a Firefly movie and there was always talks of a reunion.

Response to Joss Whedon Crew 2011-08-02 11:49:51

This club needs more action and attention. So, which is your favorite episode of Firefly?

I watched Objects in Space last night and it's probably my favorite (either that or the pilot episode).
I loved the all too brief run of Jubal Early (Richard Brooks) and Summer Glau was as awesome as ever playing a cool and unsettling River. While I'm still gutted it was cancelled Objects in Space seemed like at least a half decent ending and provided a little closure.

Also, has anyone read the script for what was going to be the next episode?
http://www.whedon.info/article.php3?id_a rticle=8136
Seems like it would have been a good watch.

BBS Signature