00:00
00:00

Tom=Capitalist sellout

5,669 Views | 114 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 11:42:04

At 7/8/08 11:32 AM, Earfetish wrote: So long as they're still about the art promotion, I couldn't give a fuck. Tom can whore himself for all I care, just as long as decent shit ends up on the front page.

I need more hentai bitches with their jugs about to bust out and smack me in the face.

<@SgtButts> Hey BBS how ya doin today?

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 11:47:02

lol, posting in what will soon be a EPIC thread

EPIC I TELL YOU! EEEEEPPIIIIIC!

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 11:48:23

At 7/8/08 11:47 AM, Swordstick76 wrote: lol, posting in what will soon be a EPIC thread

You've just insured this topic will be shit by posting that, great job.

<@SgtButts> Hey BBS how ya doin today?

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 11:52:24

At 7/8/08 11:21 AM, W31RD0 wrote:
At 7/8/08 11:04 AM, DP36 wrote: Anything to get newgrounds a couple ad placement bucks.
Yes. Because we all know Tom is in the poorhouse.

Or at least he will be as Kongregate hosts all the best games.

Ouch that hurts. NG doesn't get its money from a multi-million dollar venture fund, it has to EARN IT... with Batman ads.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 11:52:18

Batman is awesome.

KILL ALL SONS A BITCHES.

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 11:52:50

At 7/8/08 11:48 AM, SgtButts wrote:
At 7/8/08 11:47 AM, Swordstick76 wrote: lol, posting in what will soon be a EPIC thread

You've just insured this topic will be shit by posting that, great job.

Thank you sir. I do my best. Feel free to be smart, but it's still guarenteed epicness.

lolwut?

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 11:55:39

At 7/8/08 11:52 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 7/8/08 11:04 AM, DP36 wrote: Anything to get newgrounds a couple ad placement bucks.

Ouch that hurts. NG doesn't get its money from a multi-million dollar venture fund, it has to EARN IT... with Batman ads.

Exactly and that's what makes this site different from others it has a soul.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 11:59:10

At 7/8/08 11:55 AM, LampFace wrote:
Exactly and that's what makes this site different from others it has a soul.

And like all souls it's Vunerable for coruption, Only a matter of time i say.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:02:17

When did this happen? How long have I been gone?!

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:02:39

At 7/8/08 11:59 AM, Jinzoa wrote:

And like all souls it's Vunerable for coruption, Only a matter of time i say.

Not as long as people keep their dedication to the site.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:10:45

Haha it's cool. He's right too - at least it's Batman and not Gerber baby food.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:12:28

At 7/8/08 10:44 AM, KKyuubi wrote: NANANANANANANA NEW-GROUNDS!
NANANANANANANA NEW-GROUNDS!
NANANANANANANA NEW-GROUNDS!

anyway, if NG is going to put such a big ad on the front page, me wonders if this is subsidizing the $100 a Day thing.

no its subsidizing a $10,000 giveaway contest

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:14:22

More money for Newgrounds = better content for you
More money for Newgrounds = more money for you

And all you have to do is look at an ad, and a pretty badass one I must say so.

cogspin

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:14:50

I don't see anything, it just looks like the normal page... either way as long as it doesn't turn out like some sites with a new background ad for every new blockbuster movie that comes out I'm fine with it, it gets the site probably a lot of money, plus batman kicks ass.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:16:03

This couldn't possibly look shittier.

Tom=Capitalist sellout

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - : : fart : : bikes: : - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:32:03

At 7/8/08 12:29 PM, cast wrote:
At 7/8/08 12:16 PM, BlueHippo wrote: This couldn't possibly look shittier.
Sure it could, I could have drawn it.

Also, STOP CALLING TOM NAMES YOU HEARTLESS FUCK HEADS.

this is newgrounds
even though tom is our idol we have no hearts for anyone

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:35:55

Batman is awesome but Neopets is teh ghey.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:41:23

How better are we then gamespot now?

This is soiling the front page, of course it's keeping the frontpage up, but it made it lose the front page's charm.

Good.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 12:58:03

At 7/8/08 12:16 PM, BlueHippo wrote: This couldn't possibly look shittier.

HAHAHAHA! You updated the icon to match his well known s&m fetish.

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:00:06

At 7/8/08 12:41 PM, squidly wrote: How better are we then gamespot now?

This is soiling the front page, of course it's keeping the frontpage up, but it made it lose the front page's charm.

Tom's not going to fire anyone for saying the new batman movie sucks...

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:00:29

Thats why I love this site.

Hey Tom, think we could have an ad for the new Hulk movie when it comes out? Mainly because Edward Norton is AWESOME. Maybe turn Newgrounds green for a week or so.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:02:42

OH FUCK YOU ADVENTURE QUEST FUCK YOU

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:02:59

REASONS FOR EPICNESS!!

1) It brings up a valid point which is relevant to our community.
2) It's kinda funny
3) It's Epic.
4) Tom posted in it. Yep, that makes it so epic, it's epicly epic.
5) Bluehippo drew something! Yay!
<end stupidity>

Anywho... I agree with AAB. As americans it is our right to criticize the establishment, so that the establishment can become better. Thing With the whole: Oh, it doesn't bother me, at least it isn't gerber baby food! idea/thing is that baby food is one step from what is happening now. Where will you draw the line? Is it ok for just Batman? How long can he (tom) keep it on the page? All of these things would have to be considered when you think; oh it's fine.

Yes. It doesn't bother you now, but how will it bother you when there are pop ups?

Yes, I do realize the majority of the population uses a spamblock and popupblocker. No shit. Just as an example mk?

Personally, I am for no ads at all. Banner ads, I don't like them, but at least they're pretty non - intrusive and they won't be going away any time soon. There is nothing that anyone can do for now, and besides, Tom has to pay the rent anyways. Bu think about it, If we let them broadcast themselves on the television and radio, and now the interenet, how far are we from companies broadcasting their shit, and it is shit, nearly all of it, into our minds? A quick ad on your way to work? Hovercars, brought to you by Johnson, a family company! Or in your sleep! Anyone seen that futurama episode? Fry's initial response is the right response (in my opinion!)! What gives anybody ANYBODY! TOM INCLUDED HERE! To violate my privacy?

Ok ok, here we go. Well if you don't like the advertisments, don't use the content, I hear someone saying from the crowd. Right. Think about it. This is the twenty first century, god fucking damnit! Where don't you see advertisments?

- Billboards
- Television
- Radio
- Internet sites (such as this one, yay!)
- On cars, trains, storefront windows, stores themselves, in magazines and blah de blah de blah.
And so much more that i can't even think of any lol.

Anywho...
My point is, you can't just allow some amount. Once you let Tom manipulate and ruin (hate to say it) the frontpage, he will feel that he can do it again. Start expecting ads people. The only way to stop it is to simply say no.

How much longer until the US government is allowed to by law control the public's thermostats (in the name of "climate change" which i do believe and support that it needs to be fixed, no worries), and then from there, how much longer until "Big Brother?"

There's a line in Farhenheit 451 that says something to the effect of that billboards have been stretched in the future to become miles and miles long because people drive so much. And there's a scene where Montag sees an ad for an orange juice and there's the dentrifice jingle on the train. I have not read 1981, yet (told to hold off cause it's read next year in school), but the point remains the same.

How much are you as a person, and we as a country going to take? (Aimed towards the US audience)

Orwell and Brabury FTW.

Rebuttals gentlemen?

Post Script:

Hey Tom, think we could have an ad for the new Hulk movie when it comes out? Mainly because Edward Norton is AWESOME. Maybe turn Newgrounds green for a week or so.

You make me sick. You want more? You know little johnny has been sitting too much in front of the TV there...

Sorry, but I'm going to have to antagonize you because it's true.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:06:14

At 7/8/08 01:00 PM, Joshiwa wrote:

Mainly because Edward Norton is AWESOME.

Because he did this.

Tom=Capitalist sellout

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:10:50

At 7/8/08 01:02 PM, Swordstick76 wrote:

Post Script:
You make me sick. You want more? You know little johnny has been sitting too much in front of the TV there...

Sorry, but I'm going to have to antagonize you because it's true.

LOL kid, You think you are awesome and smart because you read Fahrenheit 451, but you didn't even spell it correctly. I am not trying to be an ass but that post was over the top and pointless, your thoughts are nothing new and had no place in this thread. It was just a random idea off the top of my head, something interesting and new. My bad.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:18:05

At 7/8/08 01:10 PM, Joshiwa wrote:
LOL kid, You think you are awesome and smart because you read Fahrenheit 451, but you didn't even spell it correctly. I am not trying to be an ass but that post was over the top and pointless, your thoughts are nothing new and had no place in this thread. It was just a random idea off the top of my head, something interesting and new. My bad.

For starters, don't call me kid. You have no idea what my age, And I don't appreciate the fact that you think I'm some dumbshit 13 year-old.

Yes. I am in school. Sue me. Yes, I did misspell Fahrenheit, although i was typing quickly and etc, I'll use word next time.

And the post wasn't necesarilly pointless... Just somewhat.

Sue me.

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:19:59

It looks good actually. And if it keeps NG alive, I'm all for it! :)

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:22:00

So, does Batman deliver you the money himself? If so, tell him I want a toy train for Christmas because I've been really good this year.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:27:52

At 7/8/08 01:22 PM, Gunter45 wrote: So, does Batman deliver you the money himself? If so, tell him I want a toy train for Christmas because I've been really good this year.

All you get is a batarang. As many batarangs as you want.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Tom=Capitalist sellout 2008-07-08 13:38:28

All you get is a batarang. As many batarangs as you want.

I'll have one, please.

PM me for info on bears Suhm-Id-Ee-Uht-Dood not Puh-Tur-Oh.

Last.fm

BBS Signature