00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PopiSlim just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

8-Bit Musicians needed

1,176 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-05 00:31:33

Hello, everyone! This isn't entirely audio-related, but I'm hoping this is the right forum.

I'm Gene Goldstein, the creator of Hyperboy: http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/hyp erboy

I'd like to ask anyone who is interested if they would like to participate in a little musical project I'm starting.

Two of my friends and I, all of us avid gamers, are starting a rap group by the name of Gumboozle. Now, we hope to have a lighthearted approach to everything, and considering that we are all artists, make our personas very cartoony and exciting. I'll break it down for you guys:

I am Gene, and I go by Gene Machine. I'll wear a slim black suit and tie on stage. I'm the designated hype man, which means I dance around and sing choruses and such.

My friend Gabe is the lead rapper. He goes by Galvosaur and wears a luchador mask onstage.

My friend Greg is just Greg. That's the joke. He has no gimmick. He's the other lead rapper.

Here's a picture I drew depicting us:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v 167/hyperboy/Journal/Journal_gumboozle.p ng[/img]

I'll cut to the chase, and explain our dilemma. Up until now, this has all been a lot of talk and we're kind of becoming a joke amongst our group of friends. Here's why:

We need beats.

We can't record any music until we have beats. Unfortunately, it's hard to find talented musicians who would want to collaborate. So, I wanted to go on here and ask if there was any musicians that would be willing to work with us? There's no money in it, and it's strictly for the fun of it. We're not making any money off this.

I loved Joakim Sandberg's soundtrack for Noitu Love 2, and I contacted him to see if he was interested in this project. But, he is very busy and I understand his lack of interest. However, I was wondering if there are any 8-bit musicians on here that would be able to do that kind of thing? His songs are almost the exact kind of music we're looking for: Intense, upbeat, melodic, catchy, etc. You can download the soundtrack here:

http://games.lastchancemedia.com/konjak/
devolutionmusic.zip

So, if you are someone who does that kind of thing, let me know. If you know of someone that might be able to help us, let me know of that as well. Thank you for your help everyone! :)

-Gene

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-05 02:40:44

Christ, i wish i could do something like this.

But i'm terrible still lol.

The music you provided is way above my level sadly :/

BBS Signature

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-05 02:50:18

Try 8bitcollective or something. Most people here don't know what 8 bit music is to begin with.

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-05 19:00:06

i actually just started doing some 8bit, Go ahead and give my music a listen, I have some freetime and might be able to help you out :D

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 02:37:29

Oh, wow! I think your stuff is awesome!

I absolutely love "Escape from Friend Zone Pt.2"

Do you have AIM or some way for me to contact you directly?

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 03:58:16

So, basically you want 8-bit rap-music beats?
Well, I recently got a program that imports all MIDI files and sets them to multiple kinds of 8-bit sounds, sounds great actually, but of course, using pre-made MIDI files is not what you are looking for.
However, I can make some music, the stuff on NG is a small example. Not that I am really good, but hey, I can always try, right?

Tell me if you are interested.

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 06:41:00

My AIM is Gigglebunnyownz :) i'm online at all times, if i'm not at my computer i'll definately get back to you if you leave a message.

"It's alright to be afraid, lord knows I am."

BBS Signature

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 12:48:41

I just finished putting this 8-bit chiptune together:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 56161

Let me know.

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 14:18:52

Hey, right on! Some of your stuff sounds pretty good too!

Do you have AIM? I'd like to discuss this stuff with you, as well.

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 16:32:55

At 7/6/08 02:18 PM, gene-goldstein wrote: Hey, right on! Some of your stuff sounds pretty good too!

Do you have AIM? I'd like to discuss this stuff with you, as well.

I use MSN, but everyone seems to have AIM who I need to talk to online these days, so I'll probably get it soon. Feel free to send me a PM at any time to discuss things in the meantime.

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 16:44:31

I put this together a while ago. Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for.

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 10920

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 17:30:18

Nah, I'm looking for more of a solid, melodic sound. It needs to have a recognizable melody, and a simple beat that we can attach some rap verses/choruses to.

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 18:17:32

I make 8-bit music and do circuit bending and stufff. I've made pretty good beats before.

Response to 8-Bit Musicians needed 2008-07-06 18:34:54

Not bad!

I don't know if it's what I'm looking for, though. Thanks anyway!