00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Sketches!

7,350 Views | 88 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-27 13:46:26

You need to quit the crack.

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-27 17:26:26

At 10/27/08 08:29 AM, Chymo wrote: No. It's not enough!

Add a chainsaw! Everything is better with Chainsaws!

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-27 19:01:27

At 10/27/08 05:26 PM, MegaMelmo wrote:
Add a chainsaw! Everything is better with Chainsaws!

Agreed.

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-27 23:16:58

At 10/27/08 09:40 PM, PrinceFlea wrote:
At 9/3/08 07:48 PM, MegaMelmo wrote: Here is one of the pics I decided to not color....for now. I've decided that I am going to post a lot of my comic character (Steel Angel) from now on (The flying dude). This is part of one of the comic books where SA meets a strange character named Enigma.....oooweeeooo!
Hmm I would like to some more this it would be nice to see how you develope it into the story.

Oh, ho, ho, is there a lot of development going on. I created a whole new look for him and everything. I'm gonna get started on the comic itself and I'll post at least one pic of the new look for Steel Angel tomorrow. Right now is sleep time though....

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-28 22:47:36

Here ya go! The new look for Steel Angel, this picture is in progress, I might try to mouse color it. This picture now marks the rebirth of the Rebirth: Steel Angel's Chronicles comic! Yay! Also I'll get some Halloweenish pics up soon, including a remake of the "Evil Moon" that a lot of people liked (Even though it was all sloppy). I'm so giddy! Lol.

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-30 02:18:58

Bump for the Golden Gate Bridge.

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-30 02:20:47

Here is a picture of a fallen Great Sequoia. I took this picture and the picture before by the way.

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-30 07:00:42

Very nice. One tip, the elf's head: it should be more slim and elegant, as that generally defines elves. I would know, im a fantasy artist. =P

Hazadous Materialsx54

BBS Signature

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-30 07:02:44

Good. I have a thought here: did you start drawing at the feet/legs? It seems the bottom half is more fine, and delicate. Get back to me?

Hazadous Materialsx54

BBS Signature

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-30 17:16:19

I usually start at the head/arms when I draw. So, may I see some of your own art, if you're a fantasy artist? Thanks for the comments.

Response to My Sketches! 2008-10-31 15:45:39

No other comments? I'll get more stuff on soon.

Response to My Sketches! 2008-11-04 00:53:14

At 10/31/08 03:45 PM, MegaMelmo wrote: No other comments? I'll get more stuff on soon.

HEY! I've got one! :P

At 10/30/08 02:20 AM, MegaMelmo wrote: Here is a picture of a fallen Great Sequoia. I took this picture and the picture before by the way.

Man I'd hate to have to draw that in Life Drawing class. That's a lot of detail to get right...
Oh and please post more stuff. Like maybe stuff from that story you're working on? :\

Response to My Sketches! 2009-03-09 21:58:53

Obviously I've been bad....I didn't do much work that...well, I'm lazy to put stuff in the scanner, e-mail it to this computer, then re-size, then post. Whatever, I need to stop being lazy anyway. I'm gonna do it all. You should expect at least 1 or 2 pictures, and maybe the first panel of my unofficial "graphic novel". Also, I'm gonna make two serious projects. 1) Every character I've ever done 2) A picture of me.......with features as someone from my comic.

Response to My Sketches! 2009-08-12 18:58:54

Scrapped. Everything in that last post. I'm keeping Steel Angel, but I've just had to face it...he was unoriginal. I'm thinking of some different ideas for superheroes. I don't like having to scan and crop, but I want to come back to the Art Forum.

Response to My Sketches! 2009-08-13 01:37:44

I have a friend who draws stuff like this, only, well, better. Try learning how to do anatomy a bit better. I have problems with anatomy, as well, but I do a different style than you. Regardless, I like the concept, so all in all, not bad.

My DeviantART Page

"You are blind with devotion, refusing to see what lies ahead, always looking to the past."

-Myself

BBS Signature

Response to My Sketches! 2009-11-28 14:34:50

Throughout the time of my last post, and now, I feel like I've improved a lot. Still life practice helps a helluva lot. Here is a drawing of my old shoes for art class.

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2009-11-28 14:38:00

*The words one the shoe drawing are excerpts from Jump by Van Halen (BEST BAND EVAR).

Here is one of my photos I especially like (Got a new camera: Nikon D5000).

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2009-11-28 18:41:51

At 11/28/09 02:38 PM, MegaMelmo wrote: *The words one the shoe drawing are excerpts from Jump by Van Halen (BEST BAND EVAR).

awesome song right there and quite good artwork aswell

Here is one of my photos I especially like (Got a new camera: Nikon D5000).

i like your photos dude its hard finding something worth taking a shot of so i commend your efforts

Response to My Sketches! 2010-03-17 21:33:02

I keep coming here every once in a while, so here is another photo of mine.

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2010-03-22 19:42:02

At 3/19/10 11:43 AM, PrinceFlea wrote: These are some great looking photos ,Have you taken any with any larger animals?

I took a picture of a cock.

I do love macro photography though. Here is my flickr.

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-20 21:57:58

Alright, I promise I'm back for serious now! Schools over, so I can finally enjoy art to the fullest. I have done art over the year, and a lot of it! It's good to be back!

First piece:

Medium: White colored pencil on construction paper
Observation

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-21 01:25:58

Finding a pair of fossils like that together would be certainly a huge scientifically overturning find (May as well have found fossil bunnies in the Cambrian)!

I think there is a good command of tone here and I think it's pretty clear that you spent your time wisely and considered each stroke.

I think it makes for a pretty good 'return' piece.

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-21 03:13:37

I think your main issue is that you don't work on specific details but instead work on the whole picture as just a one right away before working on fixing the line-work so that it isn't all that sketchy

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-22 00:21:15

Thanks for the critique guys! Here is another piece. It's from the photo higher up on this page, but cropped. I'm still getting my watercolor chops (This is my second water color piece in years, didn't upload first yet).

Medium: Watercolor
Photo Reference

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-22 14:33:03

At 6/20/11 09:57 PM, MegaMelmo wrote: Alright, I promise I'm back for serious now! Schools over, so I can finally enjoy art to the fullest. I have done art over the year, and a lot of it! It's good to be back!

First piece:

I really like how that one came up!
I like your flower watercolor too, you missed some details, but i know how hard it can be making detailed stuff with watercolors.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-22 16:45:53

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Yeah, it was kind of difficult, although the thumbnail of the painting looks strikingly similar to the picture, so i guess I accomplished something hehe. I wanna keep on trying with watercolors, they're really interesting.

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-22 17:08:18

Here is my first watercolor piece which was meant to be practice before the flower one, although I like it a lot more. The scanner made it come out a bit too sharp, so it looks a tiny bit worse than normal. Enjoy!

Medium: Watercolor
Photo Reference (art teacher gave us all one of his photos to paint)

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-23 14:55:32

No one is bumping...I'm sad. Here, have some more art!

This was from an assignment to draw something normal and abnormal, so I drew a human shaking hands with an alien! Not much else to say, but the fact that the edge of separation on the top of the human's forearm got washed out. Enjoy

Medium: H Pencil
Imagination

My Sketches!

Response to My Sketches! 2011-06-25 19:01:58

Hey everyone, I'm away, but once I come back I'll put some more stuff up.

Note to artists: Draw people in public places, it's a great practice for speed and facial variation (Planes, buses, trains, etc.) I did some of that on a plane, and it was really fun!