00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,150 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-06 14:33:13

Heres a classic from rover, The SD1, it may be unreliable, but the rover v8 has the best home in one of these :D

Anyone agree?

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-06 15:04:19

At 8/6/08 02:26 PM, Mistabling wrote: ill join :)

Welcome! I'll add your name to the memberlist.

Could I ask you a favour? Would you mind working on your post length a bit? I don't mean I want you writing massive paragraphs, but at the same time I'd like to avoid one or two line posts.

Heres a classic from rover, The SD1, it may be unreliable, but the rover v8 has the best home in one of these :D

Anyone agree?

To be honest I never liked Rover, although I did get a laugh from watching one break down on the way out of the dealership! It was a new one as well!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-06 17:26:57

Ok fair enuf there not very reliable, but come on, its just british all over, (like me) thats one of the reason why i like it, and that rover v8 is an absolute monster. its really the kind of car the puts a smile on yer face wen u drive it :)

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-06 21:34:39

I never used to like Rovers either, even as a little kid I knew they were the type of car that old farts drove, then I came across my current car. I was only going to use it for a few months or so untill I could afford something better so because I was skint i bought a Rover Metro gti off a friend for £100 pounds.

This is the best car i've ever owned! Yes its a rover, yes from certain angles it looks a bit crap, there's a bit of rust and peridocally i have to replace some essintial component ( this is a £100 quid car remember) but it drives like a dream, handels superbly and because its a fairly big engine (1.4 twin cam with a multi point injection system) it can pull 120MPH with ease ( once i get that wheel bearing fixed it will probably push 130) if im carefull the econemys not that bad either.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 08:27:36

At 8/5/08 03:19 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 8/5/08 08:15 AM, Martinespaans wrote: Here's my baby:
Have to ask this, but, are you by any chance a pimp?

LOL. Not really. Just very fond of big cars with big engines :)

Licensing Manager @ SPIL Games

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 08:30:10

At 8/5/08 01:54 PM, MGSTroll wrote:
At 8/5/08 08:15 AM, Martinespaans wrote: Nice thread :)

Here's my baby:
Nice car!

Do you fancy joining the club?

I'd love to :)

Licensing Manager @ SPIL Games

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 09:09:47

At 8/7/08 08:30 AM, Martinespaans wrote:
At 8/5/08 01:54 PM, MGSTroll wrote:
Do you fancy joining the club?
I'd love to :)

No prob, I'll add you to the memberlist ;)

At 8/6/08 09:34 PM, Leap wrote:
Stuff

Hey man, do you want to become a member?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 09:22:58

At 8/7/08 08:27 AM, Martinespaans wrote:
At 8/5/08 03:19 PM, NEVR wrote: Have to ask this, but, are you by any chance a pimp?
LOL. Not really. Just very fond of big cars with big engines :)

Fair enough. All you really need is some fluffy dice and a feather boa and you'd totally look the part driving that bad boy around, though.

I've driven a small car for the past couple of years, which is essential when parking is a problem. When my car was in the garage recently getting repaired, they gave me a courtesy car which was slightly larger, and it made parking that extra bit difficult.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 09:32:25

At 8/7/08 09:22 AM, NEVR wrote:
I've driven a small car for the past couple of years, which is essential when parking is a problem. When my car was in the garage recently getting repaired, they gave me a courtesy car which was slightly larger, and it made parking that extra bit difficult.

Well if parking and mobility is an issue for you, I think Jeremy Clarkson has discovered the future of motoring, and it comes from the 1960's...

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 09:57:14

At 8/7/08 09:32 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Well if parking and mobility is an issue for you, I think Jeremy Clarkson has discovered the future of motoring, and it comes from the 1960's...

Yeah, I've seen that Top Gear. It's an amusing little car.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 10:41:01

I know the Bugatti Veyron is really famous now, and nearly everyone likes it, but for me, being a classic car lover, I like Bugatti's EB110 better, the looks are love or hate, (for me its love!) and the v12 beast can pull off 213mph, better than a lot of supercars today, 4wd, so brilliant handling, its just a great car that time forgot.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 16:32:31

At 8/7/08 10:41 AM, Mistabling wrote: I know the Bugatti Veyron is really famous now, and nearly everyone likes it, but for me, being a classic car lover, I like Bugatti's EB110 better, the looks are love or hate, (for me its love!) and the v12 beast can pull off 213mph, better than a lot of supercars today, 4wd, so brilliant handling, its just a great car that time forgot.

I remember that car. Really don't understand how it flopped though. It had all the right ingredients to be a great supercar and ended up bankrupting Bugatti. It had one animal of an engine though. A 6.0, 5 valves per cylinder, quad cam, quad turbo V12. Yet it only produced 600bhp...

Also, 800 posts ^^

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 16:36:38

about the eb110, how come its not on the official top ten fastest cars, coz it does 213mph, which is more than some of the cars on the list.

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 16:39:12

another thing, do any of u lot like any cars from british leyland, i know, most of them were crap, but there has to be at least one which was good?

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-07 19:24:37

Err no.

Layland were crap, Layland were what you got if you took crap and distilled it down using crap filtering to create the essence of crap. Rover who came after BL were marginally better as they actually made cars that people wanted to drive, ocassionally. The sad thing is that just before Rover went under they actually made a decent car, the Rover 75 which even Top Gear liked. Leyland went down to two reasons; 1. the workforce spent almost as much time on strike as they did working. 2. the build quality on most Leyland vehicles was on par with an old skoda or lada.

On a totally unrelated note what do you lot think of the new Nissan GTR . I want one!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-08 03:34:43

Hmm, i think skyline have got worse over the years, (i no its not called a skyline anymore but it essentially is one) the only skylines i like were the 1970 to early '90's skylines, (and the 1963 one) ok i admit the new ones very good but, me being a classic car lover, i like the early skylines.

anyway moving on, who here likes the 1970 plymouth superbird?

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-08 09:10:31

On a totally unrelated note what do you lot think of the new Nissan GTR . I want one!

They made it more streamlined and gave it curves! I second that emotion /\

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-08 10:51:44

it just looks like they put the old skyline in a furnace, melted it, and put it on sale!

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-10 08:13:38

At 8/8/08 10:51 AM, Mistabling wrote: it just looks like they put the old skyline in a furnace, melted it, and put it on sale!

Ouch man, isn't that a little harsh? I mean it might not be a beauty to look at, but a melted Skyline? Can't say that I agree.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-10 11:38:33

trust me, when i hate a car, im always harsh :D

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-10 12:17:59

At 8/10/08 11:38 AM, Mistabling wrote: trust me, when i hate a car, im always harsh :D

In that case, I must admire the strength of your conviction :P

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 05:49:19

anyway, moving on, i reli miss the rover v8 :(

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 06:18:13

At 8/11/08 05:49 AM, Mistabling wrote: anyway, moving on, i reli miss the rover v8 :(

It was a pretty good engine, which makes it a pity that the Rovers they were in were so unreliable. Kinda let the engine itself down in a way.

Also, page 10 :)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 07:03:50

Ah the Rover V8. It appeared in a couple of TVRs if I remember. It's too bad it's not around anymore...

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 08:57:38

its best homes were the sd1 and the 80's to 90's land rovers/range rovers.

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 08:59:02

also made one of the best sounds ever :D

Woooo Classic cars rule!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 13:25:56

I want an Ariel Atom, so that I can use g-force to effectively tear my own face off whilst I'm driving.

Nah, I just want to experience the incredible acceleration it provides. Must be amazing.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 13:35:11

At 8/11/08 01:25 PM, NEVR wrote: I want an Ariel Atom, so that I can use g-force to effectively tear my own face off whilst I'm driving.

Nah, I just want to experience the incredible acceleration it provides. Must be amazing.

Yeah, I'd love to feel that sort of acceleration from a pseudo-road car, something like the Atom, or a Caparo T1, road legal yet are as close to an F1 car as you can get without being in one.

I just remembered something. A few weeks ago on Top Gear, weren't they talking about some car which "apparently" would generate enough downforce to drive upside-down? Do you recall what it was?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 13:56:59

At 8/11/08 01:35 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: I just remembered something. A few weeks ago on Top Gear, weren't they talking about some car which "apparently" would generate enough downforce to drive upside-down? Do you recall what it was?

I forget the name -- it was the one that Hammond tested on the most recent episode of Top Gear... the really ugly one with the ugly name that ended up topping the fastest lap times board (I remember that much because Hammond proceeded to wipe out the lap times board in his attempt to reach the top).

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-08-11 14:07:53

At 8/11/08 01:56 PM, NEVR wrote:
I forget the name -- it was the one that Hammond tested on the most recent episode of Top Gear... the really ugly one with the ugly name that ended up topping the fastest lap times board (I remember that much because Hammond proceeded to wipe out the lap times board in his attempt to reach the top).

Oh yeah I remember now, it began with G, the Gumbert or something like that. Cool if true, but as they said they'll struggle to find someone suicidal enough to try it.