00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,148 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-19 14:58:29

At 7/18/08 11:26 AM, darknessdweller wrote:
I once drove a Zonda S on a track. Hated it though. It always kept losing control or hitting the guardrail.

Regardless of the fact you hated it, you basically lived out my dream. A Zonda S, on a track, no traffic, no speed limits, just you and the car...

How did you get to do it?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-19 15:26:01

At 7/17/08 03:13 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Hey guys, for anyone who missed Top Gear last week, it's on BB2 right now, and it's a good one. The Japanese transport system is amazing!

I was so pissed that Clarkson won that. He always wins those races >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-19 15:43:51

At 7/19/08 03:26 PM, NEVR wrote:
I was so pissed that Clarkson won that. He always wins those races >:(

Yeah I noticed that too. It's just because May and Hammond embody the Top Gear spirit so well: ambitious but rubbish.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-19 16:20:07

At 7/19/08 03:43 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Yeah I noticed that too. It's just because May and Hammond embody the Top Gear spirit so well: ambitious but rubbish.

You seen the one where Clarkson and James race Hammond to the north pole? Clarkson and James are in the car (some 4x4 monstrosity), and Hammond is on a sledge pulled by huskies. I really wanted Hammond to win that, but Clarkson and James won it (nearly destroying their friendship in the process, though).

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-19 16:23:06

At 7/19/08 04:20 PM, NEVR wrote:
You seen the one where Clarkson and James race Hammond to the north pole? Clarkson and James are in the car (some 4x4 monstrosity), and Hammond is on a sledge pulled by huskies. I really wanted Hammond to win that, but Clarkson and James won it (nearly destroying their friendship in the process, though).

That's one of my favourites. Richard suffered so much and still wound up losing. My favourite moment was when Jeremy shot James' Spam with the gun. Couldn't stop laughing when that happened.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-19 16:34:26

At 7/19/08 04:23 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: That's one of my favourites. Richard suffered so much and still wound up losing. My favourite moment was when Jeremy shot James' Spam with the gun. Couldn't stop laughing when that happened.

I don't actually recall that bit, but it sounds pretty funny and Clarkson-like. Must have nipped out to get a beer when that happened ;P

I can't remember what car they were driving in that episode, though... some kind of hummer-like thing with a re-enforced shassey (sp?) I remember Clarkson pouring himself a G&T at the beginning just because there were no drink drive laws in the North Pole, LOL.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-20 00:18:41

Sorry I haven't been on lately, but I just got home from the races. Here's the site about it. My dad's friend Jimmy is a racer at the Pittsburgh Pennsylvania Motor Speedway (PPMS). He's #38 and usually does pretty good. Tonight he wasn't so great. He finished 12th in the heat, and 10th in the normal race. His class is the super-late models. Which means they're newer than the other cars. But with the heats and normal races is, that there's two races, right? The first one is the heats, which is the race that you race in to see where you start. So, Jimmy finished 12th, which means he starts 12th when they do the normal race (which is 30 laps). The heats are only like 6 or 7 laps. They go about 110 or 120 and wreck a lot. It's like, every 3 laps or so someone bumps someone and they go spinning or something. Also, since my dad knows the driver of the car, I got to go down with him into the pits. They aren't like normal pits like in NASCAR. They're more just like the area inside of the track. Everyone stands on top of their trailers to see and stuff. I met all of the crew of the car and I got to work on it a bit too. Not much, just like help grind the tires down and change a few parts here and there. But it was fun. Also, here's a picture of Jimmy.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-20 05:45:22

At 7/19/08 04:34 PM, NEVR wrote:
I can't remember what car they were driving in that episode, though... some kind of hummer-like thing with a re-enforced shassey (sp?) I remember Clarkson pouring himself a G&T at the beginning just because there were no drink drive laws in the North Pole, LOL.

I think it was the "indestructible" Toyota Hilux with a few modifications, although I can't say that I'm 100% sure.

At 7/20/08 12:18 AM, PinballWizard976 wrote: Stuff

Sounds cool. Glad you had a good time there.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-20 07:26:07

Hello all, just got back from Spain last night. And yes, I saw some awesome cars. On my stroll down to Porto Banus there was a black F430 with black rims, several Hummers, a bright breen Lambo, an F360 and some other Ferraris, a few DB9s, loads of AMG Mercs, this awesome M5 and a Gemballa Cayenne.

I also ate shitloads of fish soup :P

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-20 07:42:33

At 7/20/08 07:26 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Hello all, just got back from Spain last night. And yes, I saw some awesome cars. On my stroll down to Porto Banus there was a black F430 with black rims, several Hummers, a bright breen Lambo, an F360 and some other Ferraris, a few DB9s, loads of AMG Mercs, this awesome M5 and a Gemballa Cayenne.

Seems like your holiday was more fruitful than mine for spotting classy cars. Glad that you had a good time though.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-20 10:12:02

At 7/20/08 05:45 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: I think it was the "indestructible" Toyota Hilux with a few modifications, although I can't say that I'm 100% sure.

I think it was bigger and more ridiculous (in terms of specs) than the Hilux, but I can't honestly remember. I could probably find out with a quick Google search, but honestly, I'm not that bothered ;P

I'll just wait until they repeat the episode on TV.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-20 11:24:04

At 7/20/08 07:26 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Hello all, just got back from Spain last night. And yes, I saw some awesome cars. On my stroll down to Porto Banus there was a black F430 with black rims, several Hummers, a bright breen Lambo, an F360 and some other Ferraris, a few DB9s, loads of AMG Mercs, this awesome M5 and a Gemballa Cayenne.

I also ate shitloads of fish soup :P

Hey Bobba, glad to see you're back!

Guys, just got a sig made with the club name and a Koenigsegg, you like?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-20 14:48:34

At 7/20/08 11:24 AM, MGSTroll wrote:
Guys, just got a sig made with the club name and a Koenigsegg, you like?

Nice one!

Well, I'm off to watch Top Gear, wonder what'll be up this week?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-21 04:35:09

At 7/20/08 02:48 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:

Crap, I missed it, was it any good?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-21 14:24:29

At 7/21/08 04:35 AM, Paddilicus wrote:

Wasn't a classic episode, but it was good enough. Jeremy track-tested the Nissan from the Japan episode last week, he and James did one of those "challenges" with an old Rolls Royce and a Merc.

Best of all, foxhunters and Richard had to "hunt" Jeremy in a 4X4 painted to look like a fox.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-21 15:44:55

At 7/21/08 04:35 AM, Paddilicus wrote:
At 7/20/08 02:48 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:

Heyyy ;P

There ya go buddy. Watch to your heart's content.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-22 05:40:33

At 7/21/08 03:44 PM, NEVR wrote:
Heyyy ;P

There ya go buddy. Watch to your heart's content.

Thanks for the thought, but iPlayer is UK only. I think the international version is close to completion though. I'll just catch a replay of it sometime during the week (I think BBC2 replays TG on Thursdays)

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-22 11:30:06

At 7/20/08 11:24 AM, MGSTroll wrote: Guys, just got a sig made with the club name and a Koenigsegg, you like?

That Sig Puc looks fucking sick! I've always liked racing with that car in the PGR series.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-22 16:04:05

At 7/22/08 05:40 AM, Paddilicus wrote: Thanks for the thought, but iPlayer is UK only. I think the international version is close to completion though. I'll just catch a replay of it sometime during the week (I think BBC2 replays TG on Thursdays)

Didn't realise that, that's pretty shit. Where are you from then?

At 7/22/08 11:30 AM, Seamonky wrote: That Sig Puc looks fucking sick! I've always liked racing with that car in the PGR series.

Look guys it's a Seamonky <3

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-22 16:09:13

At 7/22/08 11:30 AM, Seamonky wrote:
That Sig Puc looks fucking sick! I've always liked racing with that car in the PGR series.

Glad you like it Seamonky!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-22 16:33:36

At 7/22/08 04:04 PM, NEVR wrote:
Didn't realise that, that's pretty shit. Where are you from then?

I'm Irish as a matter of fact.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-23 05:20:04

At 7/22/08 04:33 PM, Paddilicus wrote:
I'm Irish as a matter of fact.

Seriously? No way man, so am I!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-23 15:30:57

At 7/15/08 02:18 PM, Paddilicus wrote:
Anyway, my fave car is the Zonda S. Don't ask me why, I just love them.
I once drove a Zonda S on a track. Hated it though. It always kept losing control or hitting the guardrail.

Dude, you're lucky. the fastest thing I've ever drove is an 03' Accord LX

French tanks have six gears, 5 reverse, and one forward in case they are ever attacked from behind

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-23 15:48:24

At 7/23/08 03:30 PM, SupraAddict wrote:

Hey man, haven't seen you about for a while, glad that you are back. While you were gone, I drew up a memberlist in my userpage, check it out!

Also, woo-hoo @ 7th page!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-24 01:20:33

At 7/23/08 03:30 PM, SupraAddict wrote:
At 7/15/08 02:18 PM, Paddilicus wrote:
Anyway, my fave car is the Zonda S. Don't ask me why, I just love them.

Don't get too jealous. I'm almost certain he's full of shit and my reasoning is that there are only 32 Zonda S's in the world. There's two Zonda S models and the cheaper of the two sold for around US $350,000. Now why the hell would anyone in their right mind allow someone who can't even control a car to drive their $350,000 supercar? Multiple hits on a guardrail could cost tens of thousands of dollars to repair especially if there was any damage to the bodywork.

My guess is that he's either full of shit or that he 'drove' it in a computer game which would explain how he had it on a track and why he wasn't worried about crashing it into the guard rails.

I also recently discovered something that caused my respect for Pagani to plummet. The Zonda C12 S and the Zonda C12 S 7.3 both use the same 7.3 L V12 as the SL73 AMG. A total of 85 SL73 AMG's were built all in 1999 and their engines pumped out 525 bhp. 9 Years later Pagani decided to use the same engine yet only managed to get an extra 18 bhp out of it in the C12 S and 22 bhp in the C12 S 7.3. It's no wonder they don't make their own engines.

Sig by madknt

Sig pinkified by jackmorrison

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-24 09:20:20

At 7/24/08 01:20 AM, metalstorm wrote:
My guess is that he's either full of shit or that he 'drove' it in a computer game which would explain how he had it on a track and why he wasn't worried about crashing it into the guard rails.

Maybe he is, doesn't really bother me anyways.

Shocking Pagani revelations.

Wow, never knew that. That sucks bigtime, it's pretty incompetent of them.

Do you fancy joining the club?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-24 09:31:35

At 7/24/08 01:20 AM, metalstorm wrote: Don't get too jealous. I'm almost certain he's full of shit and my reasoning is that there are only 32 Zonda S's in the world.

That, and the fact that this kid is a really bad BBS spammer who honestly does talk out of his ass most of the time, and uses alts to get around BBS bans, in order to continue spamming. DON'T TRUST A WORD HE SAYS.

LOL! That would be hilarious. "Hey guys, in my estimation, video games and reality are the same thing, so anything I do on a video game is actually real."

In that case, right now I'm on my path to being a Jedi, roaming the sea-covered world of Manaan with my trusty Jedi companions, searching for a lost and ancient star map that will lead me to the deadliest weapon in the universe.

(I'm playing KotOR again)

As far as cars go, I'm getting my car fixed (FINALLY) after having a little crash a few months ago. Finally scraped the money together to get it sorted out. All that really needs doing is bodywork on the front, and a new bonnet. The reason why it takes so long is because of the stupid way my car is put together, meaning that they have to take off the side panels to get some of the front bumper off.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-24 11:39:25

cool! a car 'enthusiasts' club thought about making one a while back but as all of my threads fail i thought not... :(
ill join if you agree that the best car in the world is a vauxhall (opel for all you forengners!) zafira in blue

lol

The Car Enthusiasts Club

the line below is the truth

the line above is a lie

sig by jay11

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-24 12:01:36

At 7/24/08 11:39 AM, cheezychicken wrote: cool! a car 'enthusiasts' club thought about making one a while back but as all of my threads fail i thought not... :(
ill join if you agree that the best car in the world is a vauxhall (opel for all you forengners!) zafira in blue

lol

Well I'm willing to concede that it is one of the best people carriers in the world!

Welcome aboard, I'll send MGSTroll a PM to add your name to the memberlist on his userpage.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-24 13:43:08

At 7/24/08 09:20 AM, MGSTroll wrote:
Do you fancy joining the club?

Yeah, I do.

By the way, have you seen the Koenigsegg CCGT IMO its the best looking Koenigsegg so far. Unfortunatley, though it it also the slowest as it was built for GT1 Class racing so it had to be built to certain specifications meaning it only puts out 600 bhp.

Sig by madknt

Sig pinkified by jackmorrison

BBS Signature