00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

93,559 Views | 739 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-27 20:24:17


At 6/27/08 10:54 AM, PinballWizard976 wrote: etc etc

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. Cars that have too much electronics are nothing but nice to look at. What I'm trying to say that some of the imports are particularly good in drifting for example. Guarantee you that imports from the Japanese market rip it up in drifting compared to American muscle.

ANd, being a drift fan myself, I wouldn't mind having an import in a few years.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-28 08:07:29


At 6/27/08 08:24 PM, HTID wrote:
Yeah, I understand where you are coming from. Cars that have too much electronics are nothing but nice to look at. What I'm trying to say that some of the imports are particularly good in drifting for example. Guarantee you that imports from the Japanese market rip it up in drifting compared to American muscle.

ANd, being a drift fan myself, I wouldn't mind having an import in a few years.

That's quite true actually. Japanese cars tend to handle much better through corners than their American counterparts, so they do tend to do much better in drifting competitions. I like drifting quite a lot, just a pity it gets no TV coverage where I live.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-28 22:56:52


Import vs American Muscle.

linky

Also, I think SupraAddict might enjoy this...

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-29 06:31:17


At 6/28/08 10:56 PM, HTID wrote:
Also, I think SupraAddict might enjoy this...

Hehe, I'd say he would. I do hope that the Supra is tuned. If not I think I'll be heading to my nearest Toyota dealership. The acceleration was absolutely unbelieveable!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-29 13:28:42


Haven't been around for a while. Had a look at the Supra vid. All I can say is wow wow wow!

Anyway, Top Gear is on at 8.00 on BBC2 tonight. Don't miss it. Rohan that means you!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-29 13:36:45


I think realistically, the Infiniti G-Coupe is really nice. And if any of us had to pick an SUV (which suck, by the way), I'm sure the EX, FX, or even the QX would probably get on our top 20 list... at least.


Check out the mother load account! vsmaximus.deviantart.com

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-29 13:53:42


At 6/29/08 01:28 PM, MGSTroll wrote: Anyway, Top Gear is on at 8.00 on BBC2 tonight. Don't miss it. Rohan that means you!

Don't worry, after missing last week's one there is NO WAY I was gonna miss the one on this week.
SPOILER ALERT!!!
.
.
.
.
Apparently this week will involve something with Hammond and some French skiers. Sounds like it could be a laugh to me.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-29 14:22:32


Hello all. Woop, Top Gear in just over half an hour. Hopefully Hammond will just run those frogs over...


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-29 15:08:31


At 6/29/08 02:22 PM, BobbaQ wrote: Hello all. Woop, Top Gear in just over half an hour. Hopefully Hammond will just run those frogs over...

Dang, I don't get all those British channels... So how awesome is that show? On a scale from 1-10

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-29 17:07:02


At 6/29/08 03:08 PM, jew193 wrote:
Dang, I don't get all those British channels... So how awesome is that show? On a scale from 1-10

On a scale of 1-10? Probably 11!!! Seriously though, it's an amazing programme, good mix of supercars, adrenaline and unbridled hilarity. Pity you can't get those channels. I would think about looking on amazon.com for a few of the Top Gear Specials on DVD. Also the international version of the BBC iPlayer is gonna be up soon.

Anyway for those who did see it, WOOOOO the cool wall is back! The look on Clarkson's face when Richard started taking down all the Aston Martins. Priceless. As was the downgrading of the Fiat Panda because James May owns one.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-29 19:58:29


At 6/29/08 03:08 PM, jew193 wrote: So how awesome is that show? On a scale from 1-10

Oh I'd say about 15. The cool wall with James' Fiat was funny and then Jeremy putting the DB9 at the top of the Sub Zero section so Hammond couldn't reach it. The RS6 and Evo X were awesome cars as well. Did I mention the CL AMG 63 Black that Jezza drove? OMFG I love that car! It manages to be completely civilised and utterly insane at the same time.

Did any of you bother to watch that WWII documentary that was on after? Clarkson is still the best storyteller ever and the mission itself was unbelivable...


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-30 00:34:39


This club is starting to grow on me, I would appreciate it if you would let me join.

Right now I am driving a 1994 Firebird with a 3.4L V6. My old car was a bute, a 1992 Firebird Formula that I used to whore around these forums. It had the 5.7 TPI that I put a hyperchip and a shift kit in.

Again, I would appreciate it if I could join, cars and motorcycles are my life, hell right now I am taking Auto Collision repair in school, I would like to supe the firebird I have now up, and I am on my way, just doing a little at a time.

Here is my old car, I don't have a pic on my new one yet.

The Car Enthusiasts Club


XBL Gamertag: SpootyEh.

Just add me to your friends list.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-30 01:52:36


At 6/30/08 12:34 AM, major-shake wrote: This club is starting to grow on me, I would appreciate it if you would let me join.
Here is my old car, I don't have a pic on my new one yet.

take it off any sweet jumps?


-only as good as the weakest link-

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-30 03:55:20


hello my fellow car enthusiasts =]

I need your opinion. In a few months time I'll be on the market looking for my first car. Also, I'm an aussie.

Ok, so here are my preferred type of first car. I'll probably use Trading Post or carsales.com.au to find it.

We have:
Honda Integra
Honda Prelude
Datsun 1200
1980 Holden Statesman WB

Pretty much, I want one of them =]

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-30 04:27:32


At 6/30/08 12:34 AM, major-shake wrote: This club is starting to grow on me, I would appreciate it if you would let me join.

Sup majorshake, glad to have you in.

At 6/30/08 03:55 AM, HTID wrote: Ok, so here are my preferred type of first car. I'll probably use Trading Post or carsales.com.au to find it.
We have:
Honda Integra
Honda Prelude
Datsun 1200
1980 Holden Statesman WB
Pretty much, I want one of them =]

Well, if it was my choice, depending on how old and costly it was I'd probably have the Integra. Maybe I'm biased because I love sporty-looking cars, I don't know. All I do know is my order of preference (depending on cost) would be:

1. Honda Integra
2. " Prelude
3. Holden Statesman
4. Datsun 1200

Assuming you can get them for roughly the same price each, that's how I'd go.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-30 04:48:40


At 6/30/08 04:27 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
1. Honda Integra
2. " Prelude
3. Holden Statesman
4. Datsun 1200

Yeah, I was kinda thinking the same thing. 3 & 4 are only there coz I have a thing for utes. But the Integra is probably my best bet...

Assuming you can get them for roughly the same price each, that's how I'd go.

Well, the best price I've seen so far for an Integra was about $9500, and the most probably around $16000. I'll probably get it as cheap as possible and spend money on visuals to begin with, and maybe some performance tuning here and there to make it sweet for drifting.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-30 09:07:46


I hate Japanese cars (with the exception of Honda Civic) , but they certainly are taking over the industry. I gotta say that Honda Civic is one of the best cars ever, the new chasis is just beautiful.


On the quest to rid this world from World of Warcraft

My Newgrounds account ---- Command and Conquer Crew ---- Computer Construction Crew

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-30 10:37:40


At 6/30/08 03:55 AM, HTID wrote: hello my fellow car enthusiasts =]

I need your opinion. In a few months time I'll be on the market looking for my first car. Also, I'm an aussie.

Ok, so here are my preferred type of first car. I'll probably use Trading Post or carsales.com.au to find it.

We have:
Honda Integra
Honda Prelude
Datsun 1200
1980 Holden Statesman WB

Pretty much, I want one of them =]

Hi. Out of that lot I'd say either the Integra or the Prelude. They're both great cars and they're pretty much bulletproof. What's the limit on what you can spend?


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-06-30 11:20:41


At 6/30/08 04:48 AM, HTID wrote: Well, the best price I've seen so far for an Integra was about $9500, and the most probably around $16000. I'll probably get it as cheap as possible and spend money on visuals to begin with, and maybe some performance tuning here and there to make it sweet for drifting.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the Integra and Prelude are both front wheel drive. That pretty much means they won't be any good for drifting. Doesn't mean you can't make them better though. I'd say that the Integra is the best for modifying. Especially if you can manage to get hold of a Type R. And in white.

If your going to up the power, make sure you get advice from a professional company or get them to do it for you. It's important that you upgrade the handling as well (brakes, suspension etc). When it come to exterior parts, it's entirely up to you how you want it to look.

You can have it as practical or as insane as you want, depending on how your going to use the car. Just no ridiculously large spoilers and "22 rims, OK? Also, if your going to fit a big sound system in the boot, just remember that it'll add a lot of weight, meaning the performance in general will suffer for it.

If you want a car for drifting, something like a Nissan 200SX or Mazda RX7 will be right up your street. They're fairly easy to come by and doing them up for getting sideways is a doddle.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-01 04:42:18


Hey HTID, as the other guys have said out of those cars you're probably better off with one of the two Hondas. Just a pity about the FWD, but as Bobba said there's nothing to stop you upping the power and looks.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-01 12:41:52


I would love to join! Can i plz?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-01 12:45:24


Also: My favorite kinda car:

PRESENTING

THE ASTON MARTIN DB9!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-01 13:22:28


At 7/1/08 12:41 PM, darknessdweller wrote: I would love to join! Can i plz?

No problem man, welcome to the club!

Also: My favorite kinda car:

PRESENTING

THE ASTON MARTIN DB9!

Now I don't normally like Aston Martins, but I do think the DB9 is a pretty nice car. Pity that the DBS kicks its ass! Just kidding.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-01 13:53:21


At 7/1/08 12:45 PM, darknessdweller wrote: Also: My favorite kinda car:

PRESENTING

THE ASTON MARTIN DB9!

That is an damn awesome car!! Wish I had it. But no. I'm gonna get a Honda =(

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-01 16:32:01


I know Yoink started a car club about a year ago, but it seems like it's pretty dead in there. So with that, I'd love to join, as I've been a vehicle lover for most of my life (about.... 14-15 out of 18 years). I'm gonna be getting a Mitsubishi Eclipse some time this month, and I'm getting rid of my Chevy pickup. Gas is just too damn expensive.


Have a waffle. I hear they're good for you.

Soldier for the NG Mafia | Read my News Posts, and for the love of randomness, leave a comment.

XBL Gamertag: SteelDragonClaw

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-01 19:51:25


Wouldn't mind joining, I have a 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 280. It's actually pewter, this picture is from google just to give you an idea of what it looks like. I don't have an actual pic of it yet.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-01 20:59:03


At 7/1/08 04:32 PM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: I know Yoink started a car club about a year ago, but it seems like it's pretty dead in there. So with that, I'd love to join, as I've been a vehicle lover for most of my life (about.... 14-15 out of 18 years). I'm gonna be getting a Mitsubishi Eclipse some time this month, and I'm getting rid of my Chevy pickup. Gas is just too damn expensive.

What would the mileage be on an Eclipse? And why didn't you love vehicles for 3-4 years of your life?!?! AND INFANCY ISN'T AN EXCUSE!! J/K, but will you buying a new Eclipse really save you money if you have to shell out all that money for a new car?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-02 08:11:04


At 7/1/08 07:51 PM, Geist71 wrote: Wouldn't mind joining, I have a 2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 280. It's actually pewter, this picture is from google just to give you an idea of what it looks like. I don't have an actual pic of it yet.

You're in.

At 7/1/08 04:32 PM, CannibalCorpseFreak wrote: I know Yoink started a car club about a year ago, but it seems like it's pretty dead in there. So with that, I'd love to join, as I've been a vehicle lover for most of my life (about.... 14-15 out of 18 years). I'm gonna be getting a Mitsubishi Eclipse some time this month, and I'm getting rid of my Chevy pickup. Gas is just too damn expensive.

As are you.

Well lads, I'm off to France for a week. I'll be sure to report any car-related mishaps or anything like that when I get back.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-02 09:30:30


At 7/1/08 01:22 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
At 7/1/08 12:41 PM, darknessdweller wrote:
Also: My favorite kinda car:

PRESENTING

THE ASTON MARTIN DB9!
Now I don't normally like Aston Martins, but I do think the DB9 is a pretty nice car. Pity that the DBS kicks its ass! Just kidding.

If you want a DBS, I'll show ya one!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2008-07-02 12:44:59


At 7/2/08 08:11 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote:
Well lads, I'm off to France for a week. I'll be sure to report any car-related mishaps or anything like that when I get back.

I look forward to it. On that note, who do you think are the best and worst French manufacturers?