00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Car Enthusiasts Club

100,139 Views | 682 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2012-10-10 12:49:28

I've got a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 V8. It isn't really mine, mainly because I only have my permit.

Frankly, I'm sort've embarrased by it. Mainly because it has a huge dent in the driver-side door.how'd that happen you ask? My mom made an illegal u-turn to try to redirect traffic past another wreck until the cops showed up.

NR2003 Season racer/painter

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2012-10-23 19:39:35

At 10/21/12 08:09 PM, Razz wrote: I used to work at a car dealership, and learned to love the 1500. Out of all our available truck inventories the Ram 1500 stood out pretty nicely. And on the note of the dent, you should see my car. It's probably different when you make the damage yourself though, I'm usually joking about my own car. But nobody really says anything about it.

Rams have historically been the best-looking full-size trucks IMO, and Jesus God they absolutely never die.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2012-11-22 15:07:23

At 10/26/12 11:20 PM, Cootie wrote:
Charger gets a break for being the only muscle car sedan... but they aren't quick enough to float the price tag. Then you have the Viper which gets raped by the Corvette ZR1.

Dodge needs to step up.

The 2013 viper? The 2013 viper destroys the ZR1 in speed, value, and quality. I can't wait to see these cars compared side to side. Fiat's Pentastar V-6 is an efficient and powerful engine that Chrysler is putting in all of its cars and even in its new Ram. It's night and day compared to Dodge's old v-6.

The Challenger is a different kind of modern pony car, because it actually looks like the classic. It's just a comfortable, attractive, roomy, and great sounding muscle car. As for the V-8 ponies, Mustang takes the cake, it's 5.0 is just incredibly efficient! It makes 420 naturally aspirated horsepower, the Camaro only makes 6hp more with +1.2L more displacement!

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2017-05-25 20:03:28 (edited 2017-05-25 20:04:24)

Wanted to make a car club thread but looks like we've already got one, even though it's been dead for 5 years. Really just wanted a place to whore out my Fiesta because I <3 it.

Anyone else in this year of our Lord 2017 who mod their cars? What have you done? What are your future plans? How much power are you making and what do you use it for? I just got my Fiesta where I want it to be for the time being. I've done:

Cobb rear motor mount
Injen cold air intake
Turbosmart blow off valve
Depo Racing 3" catless downpipe
MBRP 3" exhaust
Cobb AccessPort

And finally I got it dyno tuned professionally, ending up with ~225 horsepower and ~250 ft lbs of torque, which is a very noticeable difference in this 2,700lb car. Also here is a video before I did most of my upgrades but shows why I have this car (love to drive), and here is me having fun with the AccessPort.

Hope this thread revives a little.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2017-05-26 14:13:30 (edited 2017-05-26 14:22:18)

At 5/25/17 08:03 PM, Tremulos wrote:

Hope this thread revives a little.

Nice car and set up. be sure to treat her well :3

Here's my waifu: 1 , 2

She's mostly stock, but she's already well set up to begin with.

She's an SVT (manual of course) with only 175 hp, but she's light and turns on a dime. I don't have the money to really soup her up, but I've been thinking of a cold air intake someday.

Also, I'm really not an expert, but what is a performance tuning? Any advice/recommendations?

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2017-05-27 08:37:35

At 5/26/17 02:13 PM, Heretic-Anchorite wrote: Nice car and set up. be sure to treat her well :3

Here's my waifu: 1 , 2

She's mostly stock, but she's already well set up to begin with.

She's an SVT (manual of course) with only 175 hp, but she's light and turns on a dime. I don't have the money to really soup her up, but I've been thinking of a cold air intake someday.

Also, I'm really not an expert, but what is a performance tuning? Any advice/recommendations?

Thank you! Your car is pretty sweet, love the 3-door, and the different color hood is a nice touch. Light and agile pretty much sums my car up as well, it's a great combo for fun driving.

A cold air intake is a good first upgrade, doesn't change a whole lot but for mine I did notice a very slight improvement in throttle response, and it's essential if you're looking to get into more upgrades that change up air flow. Tuning is pretty much adjusting air/fuel ratios from what I understand, in order to get the most power of whatever setup you have in the case of a performance tune.

Mine was expensive ($500 for the Access Port which is a fantastic piece of equipment to have, and $500 for two hours on the dyno being tuned) but it was also necessary because of my upgrades; running it on the stock tune with such drastically altered air flow wouldn't have been good.

I do believe even a fully stock car can see improvements from a tune, but I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Also, an exhaust video

It made more sense in my head.

BBS Signature

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-09-18 07:54:06

At 9/17/18 03:18 AM, JosephStarr wrote: What are your thoughts on "Blacked out" or "Murdered Out" cars?
Living in what some people would call "the hood", I see them pretty frequently and I'm starting to like them.

If done properly, your car should look like a black hole rolling down the road.

I liked em about 15 years ago. Now, not so much. It's like, when it comes to a lot of cars, either people get a black one and "murder it out" or they dgaf and drove around a white kitchen appliance.

I more like grey vehicles.

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-09-18 08:12:25 (edited 2018-09-18 08:16:45)

Mostly stock, will wait on the warranty to crap out. Which, at the rate I've been driving, will not be all that long.

"Mods"
-deleted sound symposer
-mountune intake
-stiffer exhaust hangers.

I have a mountune motor mount I'm going to put on soon, also some other bits that I'm going to wait on. Likely will be changing out my pads way early, the Ford ones spit out way way too much dust.

I like the power delivery, how it's almost all at the bottom and there's little delay. I have a few gripes, but it is an excellent car(so far).

Course, I woulda driven my Yaris till the wheels fell off, but deer...

The Car Enthusiasts Club

"some people who believe they're smart do nothing but talk incessantly. if they didn't, how else would they let you know how smart they are?"

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-09-20 23:41:05 (edited 2018-09-20 23:44:10)

At 5/25/17 08:03 PM, Tremulos wrote: Wanted to make a car club thread but looks like we've already got one, even though it's been dead for 5 years. Really just wanted a place to whore out my Fiesta because I <3 it.

Anyone else in this year of our Lord 2017 who mod their cars? What have you done? What are your future plans? How much power are you making and what do you use it for?

I have a couple vehicles, including my $600 beater truck - an 08 Nissan Titan, my project car - a 1993 Thunderbird LX (5.0) and my baby - a 2015 Mustang GT (With Performance package, shown below.)

One of these days I'd like to actually do some mods to the Mustang, but right now she's bone stock save for some better tires, and tinted headlights that the previous owner installed.

The truck has a 3 inch suspension lift and sits on 35" tires. Unfortunately it's 2wd. The only thing that's been done to it since I bought it is a new rear end (Original differential exploded while owned by previous owner) and put on new tires since it had been sitting for 2 years. One day I hope to do the lift kit justice by converting it to 4x4.

The Thunderbird is my first car which I should really just get rid of, but I'm too invested in it to give up on trying to fix it up and make it run the way it should. It's beaten and worn, but she's taken me farther than any of my other vehicles.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-10-21 12:14:28

Installed a mountune RMM and mountune charge pipe.

RMM was well worth it, neither took too much time to install.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-10-21 18:45:13

Really really like that motor mount.

It ended all wheel hop, shifter is more locked into place, the car feels more responsive and like it has more power.

NVH is minimal.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-11-15 07:35:47

I think I'll have to bring my car to Ford, to end a buzzy noise coming from the rear of the car. I pulled some stuff apart, seems to be wires for the brake light assembly, but inside part of the steel body.

Didn't notice before because of nicer weather, window open.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-12-01 08:01:13

At 11/27/18 05:51 PM, JosephStarr wrote: For anybody who still checks this topic, what are your thoughts on the newer Aston Martins?
As far as my opinion goes, I'm not a big fan. They just don't have the same elegance anymore.

I agree, they've moved away from being regal to trying to compete with true super/hyper cars, usually missing the bar there.

Too many "fiddly bits"

I mean, I'd still drive one and be a gloating jaggass, but there are better buys for a touring car and better buys for performance.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-12-01 08:09:10

I've noticed a lot of car reviews about my vehicle are less than fair, usually comparing it to vehicles that are more expensive or outside it's vehicle type. Still, when honestly compared to the Civic SI or VW gti, the consensus is that mine has more spirit and is more fun.

The Civic has lost a lot of what made it fun, high revving NA. That's kinda ok, cuz I think those damn things often sound pretty annoying.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-12-01 08:17:14

I had a laugh at this, he saw me taking pictures and shifted around his car a bit. Wanted to line up with it at a light but it just didn't work out.

Aside from how duuuuuuumb that exhaust looks, it's a fantastic way to rust out your exhaust.

The Car Enthusiasts Club

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2018-12-02 18:24:43

Saw a pulsar gti-r today, that was pretty cool.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2019-01-31 20:47:49

At 12/9/18 10:20 AM, JosephStarr wrote:

I don't see Jeeps ever being truly affordable ever again. They're more expensive than many of their counterparts and people gobble them up. Price adds to prestige, people aren't really interested in cheap.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2019-01-31 21:08:34

Put on a silicone induction hose. Was easy, could not have been more simple. Performance gain? Meh, dunno. On a stock tune, I haven't noticed anything really. Maybe it spools a little quicker, maybe it has a smidge more induction noise.

I swapped the charge pipe a bit ago, there was a slight noticable gain. Quicker spool and low end power, tiny bit. Problem is that car uses torque targeting and won't really make more power without a tune. There was a benefit in sound. Ford fitted the stock piece with a silencer of sorts. With the swap I gained a bit of turbo noise, and a semi weird partial throttle sound that's kind of like blowing on a bottle.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2019-02-15 10:18:28

Sent back the induction hose, made my car throw a code. Without doing proper research, got one from "Mishimoto". I'll get another at some point, from Mountune.

Didn't think it mattered much. Upon further reading, I won't be buying any Mishimoto products.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2019-04-29 22:28:19

I currently have a ford fusion hybrid as a rental, ST is in for some warranty work.iu_22319_4845136.jpg

I think, given time and a bit more practice, could dominate this thing's mpg. But man is it boooooooring.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2019-05-01 08:58:19

Car was in to have a motor mount replaced. If you turn TC off, the car will wheel hop and can skitter itself through 2nd. When I changed the RMM, this changed. Still, the other mounts are bare minimum crap and seems they break.

They want you to leave the TC on and not drive the car hard. Stock RMM is so soft that the engine smacks the firewall on launch or between 1-2 shift. And if you leave TC on, you end up with very dirty wheels cuz TC is through brake usage.

Another benefit, less tire wear. Since the car puts down power better, I'm not eating up my tires if enthusiastic or careless with throttle in 1&2.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2019-07-28 10:40:29

Whelp, that aftermarket(from an authorized tuning company) failed. It has urethane bushings either side, they both have massive cracks in them going all the way to center.

Response to The Car Enthusiasts Club 2019-09-02 20:54:43

Did the most involved work on my van since I got rid of my project car, and it was a nice feeling getting something done on an engine.

I swapped out the sparkplugs in my 2014 Grand Caravan, since they were overdue and haven't been done for the time I've owned the van.

The gap was rough, 0.043 is what it should have been but they were closer to 0.07.

iu_52710_1387436.jpg

It turns out Dodge makes stupid engines and you have to take half the damn thing apart in order to get to the coil packs. I ended up doing it in my friends drive while he and his other friend worked on their much nicer VWs (golf wagon and rabbit).

I think I need a Torx set if I want to keep doing engine work on the whale, since I ended up borrowing both that and a Torx socket to get everything off and on again.

iu_52711_1387436.jpg

The job took 2 hours since I had to figure out how to take the manifold apart. Whee.

I'll be in the market for a proper new project car (daily) next spring. I ended up retiring my 2004 Mazda 3 to the crusher for rust which couldn't pass safety.

Flag stolen content, don't be a dingus.

BBS Signature