00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

nuggetior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

228,435 Views | 2,370 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-12-30 23:46:30

What's your favorite liquor? As in not beer..
Hard shit.

I can't even decide, but I wanna know what you guys like... I'm personally stuck between Captain Morgans and Jack Daniels... Two of the most popular ones and that's what I hate because if I ever buy any everyone wants some too.... So I usually get absinthe... Nobody will drink that with me, I can't finish a bottle but fuck that gets me hammered.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-12-31 09:09:57

At 12/30/10 11:46 PM, EpicFail wrote: What's your favorite liquor? As in not beer..

Since I very rarely drink something alcoholic other than beers, it's hard for me to say. The most exciting thing I will drink aside from beer is vodka mixed with lemonade or coke when I'm in a club. It's not often I'll drink it straight.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-12-31 11:54:06

At 12/30/10 11:46 PM, EpicFail wrote: What's your favorite liquor? As in not beer..

As of late it's been Sailor Jerry's. Same price as Morgan's, but 6% more ABV.

I also like gin and some vodkas.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2010-12-31 21:39:27

Hard shit.

I've tasted so much I don't really have one.

Rum - Pusser's 15 year
Rye - Tangle Ridge
Bourbon - Jefferson Reserve
Scotch - Oban 14 year
Irish - Jameson 12 year
Cognac - Remy Martin XO

I also like long walks on the beach.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-01 16:03:04

entering 2011 drunk: CHECK!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-02 20:10:25

Running on about 8 hours sleep total from this weekend. Bought a handle of Tito's vodka for New Years, drank that Friday night alongside beer and champagne. Got pretty hammered, stayed up until 6 in the morning and then woke up at 9.

At 9 I was still buzzing so I decided to drink some coffee and vodka. Had about three cups of that, some Monster and vodka, then went to watch a UFC fight at Hooters later that night. Ordered three pitchers of Miller light, drank those, went over to a friends.

Drank a screwdriver and a few beers, got really tired, laid down. Friend decided it was a perfect time to insult me and try to choke me out. Even though he couldn't choke me he refused to let go, so I punched him in the face. We brawled, he used some cheap moves (punching my ears simultaneously which made me lose balance; I had the opportunity to knee him in the face but didn't).

Woke up with a small mouse under my eye and a huge headache, finally sober now so I thought I should write about it. Probably lost a friend last night but I regret nothing, he was being a dick.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-02 20:37:37

At 6/25/08 10:37 AM, Kagoe wrote: Alcohol changed my cat forever...I, personally, hate the taste of it; so very bitter and sharp. Carling's alright though..

Isn't that a light beer?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-03 09:32:37

what the fuck there's like no booze served anywhere in half of india

fsdfsdnkjksdgsdg

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-03 14:00:42

At 1/3/11 09:32 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: what the fuck there's like no booze served anywhere in half of india

fsdfsdnkjksdgsdg

Try finding a place to order a cheeseburger.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-03 17:52:09

At 1/2/11 08:37 PM, Rawnern wrote: Isn't that a light beer?

No, it's just your typical bland lager. Maybe not typical, it is substantially more disgusting than any other after all.

At 1/3/11 09:32 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: what the fuck there's like no booze served anywhere in half of india

Drink some of the water, that'll fuck you right up. Maybe not in a good way, mind.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-05 19:03:40

At 1/3/11 05:52 PM, Nev wrote: Drink some of the water, that'll fuck you right up. Maybe not in a good way, mind.

That is just hilarious!

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-06 09:26:15

I am so joining this club, loving the stories you guys are posting haha, I'll post some of mine every now and then :P

At 1/2/11 08:37 PM, Rawnern wrote: Isn't that a light beer?

Nahh, it's just crappy lager (in a can at least), it's fine from tap though, me and my mates always drink this or Grolsch whenever we go to the bar in my city that serves us haha.

Yea I'm 17 at the time of writing, but it's my 18th birthday in about 5 weeks, buzzin mayyyyte.

So for a subject of discussion, what kind of music do you guys listen to while drinking? I mean as in when you're just chillin at home with the odd drink or two, I do it every now and then, for example I'm currently sipping a glass of Carling while listening to some thrash metal (Lazarus A.D), beer + heavy metal just..works :)

If you're wondering why I'm choosing to drink Carling (not my first choice, I'll say that much) it's because my neighbour came round the other day and randomly gave me a 24 crate of Carling, so that's me sorted for a few weeks :P

Also I recently bought a 24 pack of Desperados (french tequlia flavoured beer), it's probably my favourite drink so far, it's absolutely delicious and quite strong (5.9%).

In fact this leads me to my first story :D

About 3/4 weeks ago I was predrinking with my mates round one of their houses, and I had 4 Desperados (bad idea) and a can of Bud, by the time I got to the city I was pretty drunk, and after we got into this place called Mustard Lounge I managed to get served after a while haha, so I had about 3/4 Coronas and apparently 2 pints of something.

I do not remember ordering any pints, but according to my friend I took the tiniest sip of one, and immediately puked all over myself (new shirt and jeans, lame), and made a bunch of girls scream at me rofl. Apparently the huge bouncer was then shoving me down the stairs and chucked me out with my mate, and the last thing I remember besides leaning against the wall going BLERUEURGEGH is wandering around Norwich looking for a Taxi for 3 hours.

Was a good night, all things considering :P

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-06 20:36:30

At 1/6/11 09:26 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Also I recently bought a 24 pack of Desperados (french tequlia flavoured beer), it's probably my favourite drink so far, it's absolutely delicious and quite strong (5.9%).

I wouldn't really consider 5.9% to be strong. Most stouts I buy are 9% and over, so yeah. Also... tequila flavored? Sounds gross.

I've never been kicked or thrown up on myself at a bar, though. Good thing you were hammered and don't remember cause that sounds embarrassing.

Yesterday I didn't have shit to do and I was super bored, so I decided to make a dent in my handle of vodka. Unfortunately that little dent turned into way too much, I drank nearly half the bottle, and since I'm a lightweight it fucked me up big time.

I blacked out and woke up with a 2 liter bottle of coke next to me filled to the brim with piss, and I was still drunk. Then I was hungover by about 8 PM, which sucked.

No more drinking by myself, shit sucks.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-07 07:58:16

At 1/6/11 08:36 PM, Rallard wrote: I wouldn't really consider 5.9% to be strong. Most stouts I buy are 9% and over, so yeah.

I say it's strong because we don't get many beers over 5% where I live, but we manage aha.

Also... tequila flavored? Sounds gross.

I thought it would be too but it's actually great, it doesn't really taste like Tequila to me though, just tastes really good, and the aftertaste is nice too.

I've never been kicked or thrown up on myself at a bar, though. Good thing you were hammered and don't remember cause that sounds embarrassing.

It's a first for me, though strangely I'm quite proud for some reason, yea I'm normal :P
I can see it happening again in the coming years, ah well, luckily Norwich has tons of pubs, clubs and bars :D

Unfortunately that little dent turned into way too much

That always happens haha, 'Just one more..'

No more drinking by myself, shit sucks.

Stick to beer for that :P

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-08 07:53:50

i spent enough of the holiday throwing up anyway i didnt miss the booze that much :P

just kidding. but i did pick up a litre of gin for £3 so score

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-08 15:27:11

At 1/8/11 07:53 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: litre of gin for £3 so score

Who's bathtub was it made in?

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-08 19:15:46

At 1/8/11 07:53 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: i spent enough of the holiday throwing up anyway i didnt miss the booze that much :P

just kidding. but i did pick up a litre of gin for £3 so score

a LITRE for 3 quid? Fuck me sideways what's it made from? Sulfuric acid and the tears of a thousand orphans?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-09 02:50:33

Nah, that's just how cheap drink is in India. A 650ml bottle of Kingfisher Strong (between 6% and 8%) lager has an RRP of 70 rupees, which is about 85 pence. Regular kingfisher has an RRP of 50.

But yeah even I was a bit surprised when the off-license asked me for 200.

barrrrrrrrgain

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-09 04:04:59

I'm finding the drinking tales in here quite amusing. Most of you guys are from the U.K. area (don't really know the proper for the whole place including Whales, England, Scotland, and Ireland) so what do you think of American drinkers?

Yeah we have water compared to you (fuck light beers I enjoy Pabst and Sam Adams, shit gets you well plastered) but I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind some tales of under aged drunkenness (I'm 18, you gotta be 21 here) from the states.

Isn't AA about quitting anyway?

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-09 05:39:24

At 1/9/11 04:04 AM, Mason wrote: don't really know the proper for the whole place including Whales, England, Scotland, and Ireland

That would be the United Kingdom.

so what do you think of American drinkers?

I imagine they're much like us. They just have to wait an extra three years before they can legally drink and from what I'm told, they have to put up with really crap beer. "Budweiser - King of Beers" lolno.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-09 06:43:24

At 1/9/11 05:39 AM, Dean wrote: from what I'm told, they have to put up with really crap beer. "Budweiser - King of Beers" lolno.

You say that as if the majority of the UK doesn't drink carling, fosters and tuborg.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-09 07:05:57

At 1/9/11 06:43 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: You say that as if the majority of the UK doesn't drink carling, fosters and tuborg.

As long as I'm not part of that majority, I'm quite happy. None of those beers have ever been all that appealing to me. I've known an American to import Boddingtons Bitter because it's apparently better than the stuff that is on offer in America. I don't know if you've ever tried Boddingtons, but to me it tasted like flat, watered down lager. If that's better than the majority of stuff they have on offer, I can only feel their pain.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-09 07:37:57

Some of the most interesting and flavoursome beers I've tried have been american. Yeah, they have their buds and their coors light but that's just because the general public doesn't really care. They have loads of microbreweries and things full of interesting beers.

Also the guy who imports boddies is retarded i agree. Although it doesn't taste like watery lager.... it's just not very good. At all.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-09 17:56:27

The widget thing is fun to play with though.

Inspired by Hugh and Oz's new tv show I've decided I'm going to start trying the guest ales at the local pubs more now. I've not really been fond of any of the ales I bought from Lidl back at uni, but nowhere up here does any interesting ciders so why not.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-09 23:53:38

Like I said, can't stand most beers my friends seem to love.

Do love Pabst Blue Ribbon though, loved it before the damned hipsters made it a trendy beer and jacked the price on the shit.

And microbreweries are great, Saranac Lake makes some great stuff and thats all up in the Adirondacks.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-10 00:54:39

Another weekend at the bar, another morning with an empty wallet.

Good thing I don't open tabs or use my debit card, damn.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-10 19:36:12

At 1/9/11 02:50 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Nah, that's just how cheap drink is in India. A 650ml bottle of Kingfisher Strong (between 6% and 8%) lager has an RRP of 70 rupees, which is about 85 pence. Regular kingfisher has an RRP of 50.

Hehe rupees...

I just remembered my sister gave me a big arse bottle of Stella Artois for christmas (lol), I'm not really a Stella drinker (mainly my dad and sister) but hey, free alcohol :P Though Stella gets me wrecked and makes me forget things....meh fuck it.

Got some Fosters and Carlings in the porch as well, probably save them for the houseparty soon...or not.

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-16 22:52:43

Bought some brews tonight. Build your own six-pack, awww yeah.

NG Alcoholics Anonymous

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-18 18:37:07

Drank a half bottle of scotch last night, feel fine after some extended sleep and some food. Ever notice how some booze gives you worse hangovers? I drink pretty much everything straight, but I find rum and beer give me the nastier hangovers.

BBS Signature

Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2011-01-19 11:09:13

At 1/16/11 10:52 PM, Rallard wrote: Bought some brews tonight. Build your own six-pack, awww yeah.

Damn, if I knew of any 'build your own' type deals around here I'd definitely be straight in there. So many brands that I want to try but I'm always hesitant to buy packs of them in case I don't actually like it in the end.

BBS Signature