New Topic Respond to this Topic
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-19 18:34:08 Reply

Going on a pub crawl tomorrow, dead psyched for it. I cannae wait!

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
TheYoungblood
TheYoungblood
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-20 05:12:29 Reply

At 2/18/09 06:08 PM, UnknownFear wrote:
At 2/16/09 04:18 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Wow, I am a MINOR but I have a slight interest on liquors, et cetera. But do I eligible to join?
lol, of course you can join! Welcome! :)

Thanks a lot though.

Wow, you drank our country's beer. Is that really good or what? Well, I did try one shot of it and its kinda slightly strong yet delicious at the same time.
Strong and burns all the way down, and feels good :P

Well, I kinda envy you but...

At 2/16/09 01:41 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 2/16/09 04:18 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Well, I did try one shot of it and its kinda slightly strong

lolol

Oh great. I guess it is the opposite on what I had just said.

UGH.
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-20 07:30:58 Reply

Going out tonight, but I've made a conscious decision not to drink so much. I'm still drinking, of course, but I'm cutting it right down compared to my usual alcohol intake during a night out.

I prefer getting drunk at pubs rather than clubs anyway TBH. The sad thing is we don't often go to pubs these days... so perhaps I should make all my friends come with me to the pub more often.

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-20 12:03:35 Reply

I'm lucky, being a computer scientist, that even half of the girls from my course that I'm friends with prefer pubs to clubs. We sometimes go to clubs, sure, but we'll at least twice a week go down to the pub and just sit around and chat and drink.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-23 11:22:14 Reply

At 2/20/09 12:03 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: I'm lucky, being a computer scientist, that even half of the girls from my course that I'm friends with prefer pubs to clubs. We sometimes go to clubs, sure, but we'll at least twice a week go down to the pub and just sit around and chat and drink.

I study the same shit, and the girls in my class are shit. One's obese, the other one had a car over her face and the third and last one is from Morocco. Technically there's a 4th girl who's hot as fuck but she came to the course like twice.

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-23 12:58:58 Reply

Most of the girls on my course are really nice, and normal to boot.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-27 21:33:38 Reply

For lent me and a friend have adopted for all circumstances the Gentlemens Rules for the Consumption of Beverage, namely:

Mentioning the H word (appendage on the end of an arm) is forbidden. Consume two digits of your beverage.
Mentioning the F word (digit, part of the appendage on the end of the arm) is forbidden. Two digits.
Mentioning the D word (consumption/beverage) is forbidden. Two digits.
Consume with the clock. Between x:00 and x:29, hold your beverage with the right hand. Between x:30 and x:59, with the left hand. Punishment of two digits.
Pointing is rude. Punishment of two digits.
On finishing a beverage, tap out (tap the empty glass/bottle on your foot). Punishment: Half a beverage.

And as a plus, the word referring to, perhaps, a bomb placed in earth which Princess Diana hated a lot, or perhaps a bomb floating in the sea, or perhaps a place where minerals and ore and shit are dug up, or perhaps the non-premodifying possessive case of "I", is banned. Punishment: An entire beverage.

This month is going to be hard on me :o

BBS Signature
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-28 12:41:15 Reply

At 2/27/09 09:33 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Pointing is rude. Punishment of two digits.

This is what would kill me. You point at stuff unconsciously sometimes in bars because someones doing something stupid or funny every so often.

I went to the bar last night and had a good time. It was probably the most stereotypical normal night ever. Meet friends, drink at their apartment for a bit, go to bar, drink, leave bar at close, go home.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
BuryYourFace
BuryYourFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-28 16:13:39 Reply

At 2/16/09 04:18 AM, youngblood26 wrote: Wow, I am a MINOR but I have a slight interest on liquors, et cetera. But do I eligible to join?

At 2/15/09 09:40 AM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Last night went and celebrated valentines day by going to Wetherspoons and stocking up on San Miguel with a couple of friends (99p for a bottle? Yes please).
Wow, you drank our country's beer. Is that really good or what? Well, I did try one shot of it and its kinda slightly strong yet delicious at the same time.

lol you took a shot of beer?

the fucks wrong with you!? MAN UP AND TAKE THE WHOLE FUCKIN BOTTLE TO THE HEAD!! Im not necesarily saying to chug it but atleast drink a bottle. How the fuck are you going to take a shot of beer and say its strong LMAO. Damn dude thats classic... took a shot of beer hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

btw san miguel beer is fuckin br00tal first time i got shit faced with my old man was with that brew. >:( brings a whole new meaning to family time :P

I'll kick your fucking teeth in...

BBS Signature
BuryYourFace
BuryYourFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-02-28 16:26:34 Reply

At 2/18/09 08:04 PM, NEVR wrote: Tonight = first time I ever got turned away from a night club for being too drunk.

Bouncers = pricks.

I wasn't as drunk as some of my friends, but due to the fact that they were women, they got in and I didn't.

Yeah I hate bouncers with a passion as much as you do my friend, some are cool but then youve got the fucking assholes of the bunch. Ive actually had a few scruffles with bouncers in my life so far, and I can guarantee there will be more. plenty of stories. But to make a long story short overseas. On a party bus. Drunk of my ass. Chick throws up on my shirt. Brought an extra shirt (no worries, changed the shirt put the vomit shirt in a bag). Bus stops at a club. Even MORE Drunk off my ass. Bouncer lets in ALL of the chicks (wont let any of the guys in). Being the nice person i am and asking what the problem was. Motherfucker pissed me off. I Opened the vomit bag and threw it all in his face (this vomit smelled soooo fucking bad). Then IT WAS ON LIKE SAIGON >:( I got in my good hits before being overwhelmed by bouncers :) I felt like super man, and I hope it fucked up his day.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-02 04:11:40 Reply

I'm wondering, is an entire bottle of vodka plus like 5 beers a lot to drink on one night? I never drink vodka or shit like that, so I'm asking. I wasn't THAT drunk as I thought I would have been when I finished...

BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-02 05:35:07 Reply

At 3/2/09 04:11 AM, Casualty wrote: I'm wondering, is an entire bottle of vodka plus like 5 beers a lot to drink on one night? I never drink vodka or shit like that, so I'm asking. I wasn't THAT drunk as I thought I would have been when I finished...

Did you mix it with anything? Mixing will make it easier for you to handle since you'll be drinking it slowly and it'll be more diluted.

Obviously it depends what size of bottle you have, but standard bottles are 700mls or so, and contain about 26 units, which works out as around 13 pints of beer.

BBS Signature
BuryYourFace
BuryYourFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-02 12:00:33 Reply

At 3/2/09 04:11 AM, Casualty wrote: I'm wondering, is an entire bottle of vodka plus like 5 beers a lot to drink on one night? I never drink vodka or shit like that, so I'm asking. I wasn't THAT drunk as I thought I would have been when I finished...

depends on how long it took you to drink all that stuff, and what that other guy said about mixers.

BBS Signature
BuryYourFace
BuryYourFace
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-02 12:01:52 Reply

At 3/2/09 12:00 PM, BuryYourFace wrote:
depends on how long it took you to drink all that stuff, and what that other guy said about mixers.

and if you were sweating a lot

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-02 15:50:39 Reply

No sweating or mixing... That's for faggots. Anyway ohhh, only 13 pints. That makes like 13 pints in a bit more than an hour. Pretty fast if not drinking at a party, for me, but it's vodka, it flows like nothing :P

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-02 15:52:22 Reply

Oh but, the bottle was a one litre one... Still, I clearly didn't do anything extraordinary that night >_>

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-02 15:58:40 Reply

I'm calling bullshit on that story.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-02 16:50:00 Reply

I'm with nev.

A bottle of vodka in an hour will come back out without much trouble whatsoever.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-03 04:01:24 Reply

I call against bull shit. I said "an hour and a bit" or something. If you want, I'll ask my friend who drank along how long it took us, because obviously that part is a bit blurry. We did drink quickly you know, I mean, I'm not new at drinking. 13 beers in an hour should be within reach, especially because I had been drinking for 3 consecutive nights before. Did you ever notice how drinking goes WAY better if you drank the night before?

Cyan60
Cyan60
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-03 16:14:16 Reply

Hello Im anonymous and I have an identity issue.

Just, remember.... LVl 1-9999, Just remember ultimate skill will defy destiny,death and everything EVER!
It's alot more beautiful than it sounds.

Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-04 02:12:05 Reply

Okay, apparently we both drank one bottle and a half instead of one, but spread over a little more than 2 hours... Apparently I was more drunk than I thought; probably because the lack of a hangover...

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-04 02:27:00 Reply

At 3/2/09 04:50 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: A bottle of vodka in an hour will come back out without much trouble whatsoever.

I could probably manage a 75cl one in under an hour... but if I DID drink it in under an hour it might indeed come back up. Not too sure, haven't tried it lately... too much work on to drink right now.

I still have some of the Smirnoff blue label (45% vol) vodka left. That stuff (unsurprisingly) gets me wasted much, much faster than the 38% red label stuff, which I'm more accustomed to.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-04 12:52:14 Reply

The only thing I'm really accustomed to is beer... Heavy ones too, but I rarely ever drink liquors or what would you call it...

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-04 13:24:27 Reply

At 3/4/09 12:52 PM, Casualty wrote: The only thing I'm really accustomed to is beer... Heavy ones too, but I rarely ever drink liquors or what would you call it...

If you're still on about vodka then the word you're looking for is spirits.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-04 13:27:07 Reply

At 3/4/09 12:52 PM, Casualty wrote: The only thing I'm really accustomed to is beer... Heavy ones too, but I rarely ever drink liquors or what would you call it...

Liquor's more of an american term, they're spirits or just hard drinks over here.

BBS Signature
Casualty
Casualty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
BananaBreadMuffin
BananaBreadMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Programmer
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-04 22:23:02 Reply

Just got back from 'neonfest' at one of the big clubs in town for my friend birthday...... absolutely knackered n shit.................... didnt drink TOO much considering, but had eaten virtually nothing all day.

BBS Signature
Lkoz91
Lkoz91
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to NG Alcoholics Anonymous 2009-03-04 22:28:19 Reply

At 3/4/09 10:23 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: Just got back from 'neonfest' at one of the big clubs in town for my friend birthday...... absolutely knackered n shit.................... didnt drink TOO much considering, but had eaten virtually nothing all day.

I always try to eat before drinking. I've never gotten a hangover if I do that. Makes my drunk a lot more enjoyable. But in all seriousness, if you need to get rid of a hangover, smoke pot. Not a lot where your stoned, but just burn a little to get you feeling good, works like a charm.