00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New movie coming out, critique plz

922 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Actually, the title's KINDA misleading. It's coming out... on Halloween if I can finish on time...
A while ago, I made a movie with symbols for each body part. It scored fairly well. Now, I'm on to the big stuff! Now, I am trying out a new style, complete with mask shading, a new villain, music from THE Daft Punk, and an amazing weapon (Not shown in preview, sorry), this is...
THE BRAINWASHER
It's a little graphic intensive, so I need to know if it works on y'alls' computers.
This new music video for Daft Punk's creepy yet catchy song will feature Slick, as my movies usually do, fighting the Brainwasher. Of course, he doesn't fight directly, but what he fights with I'll be leaving a secret ;)
Anyways, PLEASE comment on this! I need to know what you guys think of the art/animation style, as well as how the movie's coming along so far.
Also, if you have any questions about the movie, I'd be happy to answer, but if I think something's too much of a secret, I'll try and give you as much info as I can (Without ruining the surprise, of course :P)
But I'll probably be able to answer alot of questions :D
Enjoy!

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-25 00:52:37

awsome!!! the scree just went black after a while though... was it suposed to do that?

ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward.

BBS Signature

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-25 01:14:49

Wow, I am sooo looking forward to this movie's release.
Maybe a loading bar would have been nice so the beginning wouldn't have been so laggy from your large amount of filters, sry but they were obvious.

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-25 01:19:04

That looks fucking awesome dude. Can't wait till halloween to see the finished movie ^_^

[As Main][The Zelda Collab]

I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit)

BBS Signature

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-25 01:22:18

The animation is really nice, and you use filters very effectively.

I think you could use a little more detail, though, but I understand that it takes a lot of work to make an animation, especially one that is 4+ minutes long.

BBS Signature

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-25 01:23:45

Nice freaking job!

New movie coming out, critique plz

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-25 02:16:23

So far it is very well done. Even though the graphics in some parts weren't 'THE BEST' e.g. the castle.

But it really doesn't matter, the syncing with the song is very good and the animation is eye catching. Overall an excellent job and I can not wait until final production!

BBS Signature

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-26 00:06:59

Thanks for the reviewing! Ok, to try and answer everything so far:
Yes, it goes black after a bit, the black part is what I have left to do.
I guess I SHOULD have made a loading bar... I'll do that for the next preview.
Yeah, I don't have that many details with this style, maybe I'll change that... might not though, even with this simplicity it took a month to make about 1/5th of it <_>
As far as the annoying guy's voice, that's the song so I can't change that
I think I'll change my logo, but probably just the shading
Too bad it gets a little slow from filters on some computers, but that's probably due to no loading bar >_>

As far as the positives, I'm glad that you all really liked it! I'll try to take your ideas into effect if I can and make the movie awesome in general :D

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-26 00:48:42

love the music.

For It Was A Wise Man That Once Said "Thou Whom Ever Makes a Flash, Shall Blind All With His Awesomeness

~BJstudios, Jun. 2008

BBS Signature

Response to New movie coming out, critique plz 2008-06-26 20:52:49

Thanks! I always thought that the Brainwasher, out of its simplicity and catchy beat, would make for an awesome music video. Unfortunately, Daft Punk didn't release one for it. So then I decided to make one! :P