New Topic Respond to this Topic
PigeonOnAStick
PigeonOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to NG Sketchbook Tour 2008 2009-01-07 11:19:11 Reply

At 1/6/09 08:33 AM, Luis wrote: So what do you guys think would be a fair way to 'screen' people ....

Totally fair. I think you've hit the nail on the head that the tour lives on to be a year round-up of the community. I don't feel like a proper contributor, since I haven't made a Flash, and this is fundamentally a Flash site.

It's fine with Flash submissions in the past year, but if you really feel you want to go a step further, weight it on
-Art portal submissions
-Number of Posts

I guess it depends on how you plan to show art portal submissions in the next Sketchbook tour.

At 1/6/09 05:46 PM, austinzombie wrote: just think of me as HahaBears

ohhhhhh

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Sketchbook Tour 2008 2009-01-07 12:17:48 Reply

Rumors point to the art portal kicking off before i actually start up the next tour, the only problem in that is that itll be a fairly new feature so i dont know how quickly we can begin using that as a viable source of inclusion into the tour. I cant disclose too much in regards to how the AP will work when it starts up but yeah... im tentative to see it as a strong measure of regulating people.

I know i complained a bit about the amount of work involved in making the 2008 tour, but actually i DO enjoy putting it together, i do like having all entries filter through me. I do like the sending out pages to people, i do like most of the way the tour runs. I also DO like that its an exclusive project. Theres just something more special about it. To know you clawed yourself through 200 other people.
At the same time it encourages people who DO get in to make a better effort to return entries. This past tour actually had the strongest participation rate of any of the tours. I only had about 10-13 entries that never made it back to me. Which is GREAT. It shows that I'm doing something right and people are actually taking the project seriously. Hopefully this next tour that participation ratio will be even better.

I have a few tricks up my sleeve to change things in the next tour to further personalize it. So I'm feeling good about it. It will hopefully allow me to get the number of people bumped up to 150. I do want to have a cutoff somewhere. I understand it is frusterating to not get into the tour but it is what it is. And i dont want people to take it personally if they dont get into it.

None

austinzombie
austinzombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NG Sketchbook Tour 2008 2009-01-07 14:04:41 Reply

At 1/7/09 11:19 AM, PigeonOnAStick wrote: ohhhhhh

Are you like TurkeyOnAStick's alt?

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to NG Sketchbook Tour 2008 2009-01-22 13:14:32 Reply

Well I heard through the grapevine that the shirts arrived and they just need to do a photoshoot for em and they should be up soon.

None

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 02
Melancholy

None

TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to NG Sketchbook Tour 2008 2009-01-29 16:56:16 Reply

At 1/29/09 04:19 PM, Luis wrote: Took awhile but its up

http://www.newgrounds.com/store/product/
sketchbook-tour-shirt

Awesome :3
How long will they be around for? Kinda waiting on new credit card.

BBS Signature