00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Proximothegr81 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GameBoy sound emulation?

4,579 Views | 7 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

GameBoy sound emulation? 2008-06-17 23:31:06

Ive herd it done before, but i just cant figure it out, how do people do chip tunes with such accurate gameboy sounds? the only anwser i could think of was emu;ation and wav sampling would just be grossly time consuming, so how is it done? dose it require a game boy? special cables? program? WHAT?!

I Stopped A Rape!!!

" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature

Response to GameBoy sound emulation? 2008-06-17 23:50:47

that's on way, but I would get a double male cable, put one end into your game boy, the other into the mic port on your computer, and boot up audacity.

Response to GameBoy sound emulation? 2008-06-18 00:56:43

Or alternatively you can just install .VSTs from www.tweakbench.com

Response to GameBoy sound emulation? 2008-06-18 06:06:16

They probably recreate it using various synths, try experimenting with square wave synths, you can get a pretty convincing gameboy type sounds.

Response to GameBoy sound emulation? 2008-06-18 12:21:23

I use KiGB as an emulator and LSDJ as a synthesizer. Also this site might be useful for some help on how to use lsdj.

Response to GameBoy sound emulation? 2008-06-18 12:42:27

Chiptunes (basically the same thing) are done with a couple of basic sound wave instruments, you can do it with a couple 3xOsc

1 Noise
1 Square
2 Triangle

That's all you need, usually the noise waves are used to create a drumline of sorts

I'm back!

Sanity is grossly overrated and detrimental to the creative process.

SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Response to GameBoy sound emulation? 2008-06-27 13:50:16

What I did to emulate GameBoy sounds is I downloaded and installed FL Studio, then downloaded a VST called tb_triforce, which emulates GameBoy sounds. I also downloaded tb_peach, which emulates NES sounds. I don't remember where exactly I got 'em, but like the person above me said, you could find it at www.tweakbench.com.

ACCOUNT TERMINATED

BBS Signature

Response to GameBoy sound emulation? 2008-06-27 21:00:32

my friend and i only know of two gb sound emulators: lsdj and nanoloop. i use lsdj myself....just need to learn how to use it ;) .

BBS Signature