00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Electric Earth (a collab for walls)

7,288 Views | 54 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-07-27 11:22:24

This looks like a good idea..

I'll alert simple-line immediately.

Make me a sandwich, damnit.

BBS Signature

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-07-29 16:47:03

This is a detail of a WIP. This one's also about cars and their pollution. I'll add some dirty texture to it nearer completion.

If you're working on something, I'd love to see your WIPs.

At 7/27/08 11:22 AM, hijackreaper wrote: This looks like a good idea..

I'll alert simple-line immediately.

Tell everyone you know!

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-06 16:21:29

At 7/18/08 07:27 PM, HahaBears wrote: Pictures are a comin'

Today I collected a Canadian package from the post office. Judging by the tourist guide in the Toronto Star, someone wants me to go for a holiday there.

Or maybe it was just to wrap up a couple of funky contributions to the collab.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-06 17:03:43

At 9/6/08 04:21 PM, Bezman wrote:
At 7/18/08 07:27 PM, HahaBears wrote: Pictures are a comin'

yes they are. i'd like to contribute but first must fix my crappy scanner. brb yo.

Nothing interesting happens.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-06 20:40:42

At 9/6/08 05:03 PM, shanzerion923 wrote: yes they are. i'd like to contribute but first must fix my crappy scanner. brb yo.

That'll be awesome, as long as it's a good quality, hi-res scan. Set it to 300DPI if you can.

Looking forward to it!

(Below is a 'literal' picture - just a bunch of electrical items.)

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-06 22:24:30

This could go really well if the thread stays strong.
It'd be cool as if we could make a wallpaper out of this.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-07 01:30:10

pretty good idea I might make onejjji

If olive oil is made from olives, then what is baby oil made from?

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-07 12:46:03

At 9/6/08 10:24 PM, Rion-hunter wrote: This could go really well if the thread stays strong.
It'd be cool as if we could make a wallpaper out of this.

As in a computer desktop background?

Good idea! I'll do something in that area next week.

At 9/7/08 01:30 AM, SkyBloo wrote: pretty good idea I might make onejjji

Do it! :-)

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-08 06:05:52

There are still way too few pics but I'm gonna try for a push later this week, making up flyers to leave at various art colleges and social venues.

I'm gonna try for a November/December showing, which will mean that all pictures MUST come in by mid-November. That's the final final deadline and I'd really appreciate early contributions.

I'm gonna make up a flash with the pics sliding in and the 'camera' following the wire. Hopefully that'll work as a 'teaser' and get more folk involved. If you wanna be involved in that, the deadline of September 13th applies.

The real-life exhibition is still the main goal.

Here's another mash, featuring a few new pics. 2 new pics are by HahaBears, one by Joel Tangham.

Since I also contributed a bunch and mashed them together, hopefully showing other folks' work isn't against the forum rules.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-08 06:23:33

This is some awesome stuff, keep it up everyone!

Who are you?

My art thread.

BBS Signature

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-08 07:38:08

At 9/8/08 06:18 AM, Shreddy wrote: I have a really good idea for this but it will only work if it is a certain way up

could i still submit this?

Definitely!

Things that work at multiple angles are definitely preferred, but all entries are welcome.

One point though - remember that you can turn the canvas around before starting (so the 'entering wire' is at the top, bottom or right hand side. And you can use either one (or both) of the exitting wires. I'm not sure if that was obvious, since a bunch of folk elected to use it as-is.

I'll spend some time later in the week making the 12 possible templates to avoid confusion.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-13 11:18:34

At 9/8/08 06:18 AM, Shreddy wrote: I have a really good idea for this but it will only work if it is a certain way up

could i still submit this?

And here's an example of something that could only work one way up - it's largely textual, though there's still the mandatory sockets/plugs to keep the collab theme going and a background reflecting the theme of the piece.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-13 21:32:48

i defenitely wanna join this. im gonna try to get 4 pieces done for it.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-09-14 09:47:23

At 9/13/08 09:32 PM, Spikrodd wrote: i defenitely wanna join this. im gonna try to get 4 pieces done for it.

That would be awesome!

If you need any clarifications or whatever, just ask. :-)

I love the sorta funky graffitti style you had in your profile pic and the Sketchbook tour page.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-12-14 16:55:44

Whatever happened to this? Did Bezman fall of the planet?

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-12-15 01:40:19

At 12/14/08 04:55 PM, HandsomeJake wrote: Whatever happened to this? Did Bezman fall of the planet?

His house exploded from all the bad wiring. An ironic death, to say the least.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2008-12-15 04:45:56

I have a pretty good idea for this :P

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2009-04-19 12:28:38

bez! how is this project going? I think I might be able to send in two more pieces ($40 shipping is 'specive!) if you are still alive
Also, how come there was like no-one participating in this?

sorry for the bumpage

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2009-04-24 19:28:52

At 4/19/09 12:28 PM, austinzombie wrote: bez! how is this project going? I think I might be able to send in two more pieces ($40 shipping is 'specive!) if you are still alive

sorry for the bumpage

I am alive. I think. :-)

Current situation: I've realised I'm not gonna be able to get anough pieces to make this into a full exhibition like I'd planned to start off with - not enough pieces to fill all the walls when everything needs to be tightly joined and is fairly smallish to begin with.

The owner of the local hipster cafe is happy for me to take over just half a wall - more than I can really use at this point. I'm going to get back into doing pieces for this and with the reduced space commitment, it will totally go ahead this time, regardless of the number of contributions.

This will happen in September - not coincidentally, the month after my university stuff finishes.

Thank you for the bumpage.

If anyone else wants to join in, I promise THIS WILL HAPPEN AT SOME POINT IN THE NEAR(ish) FUTURE.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2009-04-25 05:24:29

If anyone else wants to join in, I promise THIS WILL HAPPEN AT SOME POINT IN THE NEAR(ish) FUTURE.

I'm gonna make a piece. Just so you know :D

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2009-04-25 06:05:13

At 4/24/09 07:28 PM, Bezman wrote:
At 4/19/09 12:28 PM, austinzombie wrote: bez! how is this project going? I think I might be able to send in two more pieces ($40 shipping is 'specive!) if you are still alive

sorry for the bumpage
I am alive. I think. :-)

That's Great...
I noticed this thread about two months ago, but then I saw that the deadline had passed :(
way to go for reopening it. Expect smthng from me.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2010-02-06 12:54:22

Alright. I got one for ya

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2010-02-06 13:01:16

this hasnt been active for about a year and i dont think its still running, what made you feel like bumping it

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2010-02-06 13:06:40

At 2/6/10 01:01 PM, ashman112 wrote: this hasnt been active for about a year and i dont think its still running, what made you feel like bumping it

Crap, i didn't notice the time. Sorry.

Response to Electric Earth (a collab for walls) 2010-06-03 13:02:25

At 2/6/10 12:54 PM, Ironosaur wrote: Alright. I got one for ya

That's mega-awesome! Great to see a new contribution.

Despite what the poster below you said, this WILL happen at some point. Hopefully relatively soon, now I'm finishing up university. Or to be more exact, leaving it for now.

It looks like an x-ray of something but I can't tell what it is too clearly... Wish I could see it larger! I love the style though (sorta half-way between a photo and graffito) and it totally fits the slightly oppressive theme. Is it digitally done?

My only concern looking at it is that the wires on bottom/left don't look like they would be continuing orthogonally, if you know what I mean. Assuming they're at the right place/width on the border of the 'canvas', they should ideally be either vertical or horizontal for the 'ending' so that it'll visually 'connect' with the next wire better.

Not essential though, if that's a hard change to implement.