00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

orafice13 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Help me, anyone? 2008-06-14 01:35:08

Here's a screen shot of a video on NG that I watched a couple months back. I can't remember the title, author or anything. Can anyone help me with that? Does anyone know the title of this video? Or the author?

Help me, anyone?

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-14 04:46:46

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-14 19:38:40

At 6/14/08 01:35 AM, iLaugh wrote: Here's a screen shot of a video on NG that I watched a couple months back. I can't remember the title, author or anything. Can anyone help me with that? Does anyone know the title of this video? Or the author?

I have just one question. How do you get a screen shot from a movie without knowing the name?

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-16 02:53:32

At 6/14/08 07:38 PM, jew193 wrote:
At 6/14/08 01:35 AM, iLaugh wrote: Here's a screen shot of a video on NG that I watched a couple months back. I can't remember the title, author or anything. Can anyone help me with that? Does anyone know the title of this video? Or the author?
I have just one question. How do you get a screen shot from a movie without knowing the name?

Uh. Some time last year I watched a video on NG, liked it, screenied. Got a new computer, didn't get to save the title, forgot all about it.

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-16 22:28:48

At 6/16/08 02:53 AM, iLaugh wrote:
At 6/14/08 07:38 PM, jew193 wrote:
Uh. Some time last year I watched a video on NG, liked it, screenied. Got a new computer, didn't get to save the title, forgot all about it.

I think I can guess what jew's next questions to you might be right about now:

Why didn't you include the flash's title (or better yet, portal ID#) in the filename of your screenshot?

What on earth did you title the screenie in the first place, anyway?

And if you have a new computer, how is the screenie from the old computer on it, anyway?

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-17 03:40:34

At 6/16/08 10:28 PM, gfoxcook wrote: What on earth did you title the screenie in the first place, anyway?

If I remember it correctly the screenie name was Rose_Love.jpg or Love_and_Rose.jpg. Instead of waiting for someone to ask "how do I know this?", I will save my post count by answering it now.
When I saw this screenshot the first thing I did was checking through the Far East Flash collection, with no luck in there I decided to save some time by contacting iLaugh over Aim instead of doing keyword search on google (somehow I completely forgot to check Anime collection). So, I asked her to send me a screenshot of the screenie's properties table. In the properties table I saw (besides filename) that the screenie was created on August ~17th 2007. I believed she saw the animation on the frontpage so I checked Front Page Archive - August 2007, no luck, then July 2007 and there it was. :)
This turned out to be a story of "how did I find this flash?", but I think by writing all this I also saved another post which would have been an answer to a question "why did I need properties table info?".

Hooray! I used future perfect progressive tense... incorrectly, just like any other verb tense. ;)
Answering questions before they are asked is fun, isn't it? :)

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-17 19:04:40

At 6/17/08 03:40 AM, shunshuu wrote: If I remember it correctly the screenie name was Rose_Love.jpg or Love_and_Rose.jpg. Instead of waiting for someone to ask "how do I know this?", I will save my post count by answering it now.
When I saw this screenshot the first thing I did was checking through the Far East Flash collection, with no luck in there I decided to save some time by contacting iLaugh over Aim instead of doing keyword search on google (somehow I completely forgot to check Anime collection). So, I asked her to send me a screenshot of the screenie's properties table. In the properties table I saw (besides filename) that the screenie was created on August ~17th 2007. I believed she saw the animation on the frontpage so I checked Front Page Archive - August 2007, no luck, then July 2007 and there it was. :)

Ah. Good ol' "narrowing things down by date."

That tends to work unless of course a bookmark of a flash or a screenshot of a page or movie is made/taken a long time after the original submit date/source date.

This turned out to be a story of "how did I find this flash?", but I think by writing all this I also saved another post which would have been an answer to a question "why did I need properties table info?".
Hooray! I used future perfect progressive tense... incorrectly, just like any other verb tense. ;)
Answering questions before they are asked is fun, isn't it? :)

YOU ARE THE MAN.

One question that now occurs to me, however, is how often when you magically answer these longlost missing flash, song, movie, etc. questions... are you getting extra info from PMing, AIMing, MSNing, etc. the OPs rather than just talking in the thread? #;-}>

SHUNSHUU THE MASTER MAGICIAN AND ILLUSIONIST.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-18 01:55:14

At 6/17/08 07:04 PM, gfoxcook wrote: One question that now occurs to me, however, is how often when you magically answer these longlost missing flash, song, movie, etc. questions... are you getting extra info from PMing, AIMing, MSNing, etc. the OPs rather than just talking in the thread? #;-}>

I believe this was the second time. Some time ago I was looking for a flash that had "mortal kombat characters punching dicks throughout the whole flash" (Can't find a flash). I found a submission that had MK characters punching dicks but that was only a small part in the flash, just like Exite Bike / GTA:SA part in the Sprite TV 2, it just shows up from time to time, so I was not sure if there should be only MK characters punching dicks or it was the right flash. I contacted the author over AIM to confirm that MK and dicks was just a small part of the whole flash, after that I posted the link.
While writing this I remembered the other thread (Help finding a football game!). Right before writing a link to the game, I wrote a PM to the OP asking if the game was only about field goals. But OP went offline without noticing my PM so I posted the link without confirmation.
All this might sound stupid: why do I need a confirmation if a submission fits the description or why do I post a link to the right flash with a question mark, well,. my English skills are average, so sometimes I do not understand a sentence the same way you do and also I hate to be wrong or make mistakes. :)

As you can see my hat is empty, there is no flash in it, now I will wave my magical wand and what do you get? <insert a quote from Awesome Man>

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-19 18:25:20

At 6/18/08 01:55 AM, shunshuu wrote:
At 6/17/08 07:04 PM, gfoxcook wrote: One question that now occurs to me, however, is how often when you magically answer these longlost missing flash, song, movie, etc. questions... are you getting extra info from PMing, AIMing, MSNing, etc. the OPs rather than just talking in the thread? #;-}>
I believe this was the second time.

Well, that's good, then.

A) doing it at all shows your resourcefulness, and ability to get the answer no matter what the route to that answer entails.

but B) not having to use that "sleight of hand" trick too often makes your constant answer-findings all the more impressive.

Some time ago I was looking for a flash that had "mortal kombat characters punching dicks throughout the whole flash" (Can't find a flash). I found a submission that had MK characters punching dicks but that was only a small part in the flash, just like Exite Bike / GTA:SA part in the Sprite TV 2, it just shows up from time to time, so I was not sure if there should be only MK characters punching dicks or it was the right flash. I contacted the author over AIM to confirm that MK and dicks was just a small part of the whole flash, after that I posted the link.
While writing this I remembered the other thread (Help finding a football game!). Right before writing a link to the game, I wrote a PM to the OP asking if the game was only about field goals. But OP went offline without noticing my PM so I posted the link without confirmation.
All this might sound stupid: why do I need a confirmation if a submission fits the description or why do I post a link to the right flash with a question mark, well,. my English skills are average, so sometimes I do not understand a sentence the same way you do and also I hate to be wrong or make mistakes. :)

Dedicated thoroughness doesn't sound stupid to me. I think it's admirable.

Yer English skillz seem to me to merit more than an assessment of average, also. ;_;

As you can see my hat is empty, there is no flash in it, now I will wave my magical wand and what do you get? <insert a quote from Awesome Man>

THE FLASH YOU WERE LOOKING FOR... that's what you get.

BBS Signature

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-19 20:02:35

i have no idea

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-19 20:05:14

At 6/19/08 08:02 PM, thays15 wrote: i have no idea

If you don't have any idea what the answer to the question he asked is you should not really post any thing if you do not know it.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-19 21:46:58

At 6/19/08 08:05 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
If you don't have any idea what the answer to the question he asked is you should not really post any thing if you do not know it.

Not to mention that he didn't read anything besides the 1st post, to see that someone already responded to the OP.

But yeah, what you said, too.

BTW, though, you don't need to worry about policing every single instance of fools like that posting "I don't know how to help you." one-liner responses to topics in this forum to be considered helpful.

The best thing you can do is ignore them, because then the thread will die faster.

I mean that for future cases. This thread's different, because I already hijacked it to talk to shunshuu. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Help me, anyone? 2008-06-19 22:01:05

At 6/19/08 09:46 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 6/19/08 08:05 PM, idiot-buster wrote:
Not to mention that he didn't read anything besides the 1st post, to see that someone already responded to the OP.

But yeah, what you said, too.

BTW, though, you don't need to worry about policing every single instance of fools like that posting "I don't know how to help you." one-liner responses to topics in this forum to be considered helpful.

Ok, thanks for helping me know the ropes alot better over the past couple of days ;)

The best thing you can do is ignore them, because then the thread will die faster.

Your right, there arn't too meny good threads ought there.

I mean that for future cases. This thread's different, because I already hijacked it to talk to shunshuu. #;-}>

You seem to do that to alot of threads, but then again you do make great posts.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature