00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hgdyjvh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Gear Collab (Update)

103,663 Views | 477 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-21 17:44:25

At 6/21/08 03:26 PM, ClownClown wrote:
At 6/21/08 02:12 PM, guyver01 wrote: C'mon do you really think they'd waste this much time for the collab just as a joke? Even if they were cancelling it they wouldnt just not tell us about it. I'm sure they're a bit more professional than that... well hopefully ;)
This is STAMPER we are talking about here.

I know Stamper likes to make cock jokes left and right, but I for one would like to think he's better then "getting revenge on a bunch of flash animators".

If all the animations were truly shitty, bottom of the barrel crap, then why would they bother? They'd send a better message by saying "All these animations are bad, try again some other time", rather then sitting at their computer screens, snickering at all the people wanting to see this collab.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-21 22:27:42

At 6/21/08 05:44 PM, Nova500 wrote:
At 6/21/08 03:26 PM, ClownClown wrote:
At 6/21/08 02:12 PM, guyver01 wrote: C'mon do you really think they'd waste this much time for the collab just as a joke? Even if they were cancelling it they wouldnt just not tell us about it. I'm sure they're a bit more professional than that... well hopefully ;)
This is STAMPER we are talking about here.
I know Stamper likes to make cock jokes left and right, but I for one would like to think he's better then "getting revenge on a bunch of flash animators".

If all the animations were truly shitty, bottom of the barrel crap, then why would they bother? They'd send a better message by saying "All these animations are bad, try again some other time", rather then sitting at their computer screens, snickering at all the people wanting to see this collab.

Again. THIS IS STAMPER WE ARE TALKING ABOUT. If you don't think that's beyond him, you don't even know Newgrounds. It's not about sending a message. It's about laughing at all the fools who are waiting for this 'awesome collab' that was on the brink of cancellation for a while. It's not like they have to sit at their screens for countless hours to do it either. It doesn't take a lot of time to type out a simple message full of excuses and kick back, checking in every once in a while. There is no collab.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 00:05:34

At 6/21/08 10:27 PM, ClownClown wrote: A whole bunch of BS...

Starve the troll ladies and gents and it will go away. after this post do not acknowledge anything he says about no collab being made. Would post a relative pic, but the last one got pulled so I won't waste the mods time for pulling down another one...

I repeat, STARVE THE TROLL

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 00:22:24

At 6/22/08 12:05 AM, Sonofgoku1 wrote:
Starve the troll ladies and gents and it will go away. after this post do not acknowledge anything he says about no collab being made. Would post a relative pic, but the last one got pulled so I won't waste the mods time for pulling down another one...

I'm not trying to troll, and originally I was just kidding (Should have been obvious) but if you look at the evidence things just don't add up. It's been over a month from the due date. It was almost canceled and then magically it was the best thing ever. We've been getting no updates except for 'wait longer' and somehow, everybody who asks if they made it in is in. Just because you can't accept facts doesn't make me a troll.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 00:30:30

At 6/22/08 12:22 AM, ClownClown wrote:
At 6/22/08 12:05 AM, Sonofgoku1 wrote:

I'm not trying to troll, and originally I was just kidding (Should have been obvious) but if you look at the evidence things just don't add up. It's been over a month from the due date. It was almost canceled and then magically it was the best thing ever. We've been getting no updates except for 'wait longer' and somehow, everybody who asks if they made it in is in. Just because you can't accept facts doesn't make me a troll.

Last I checked, a month didn't equal ten days, since it was due out by the 12th last I saw.

That and there's only a handful of posts that ask if they made it in.

If Stamper was trying to "Get Revenge", why would he be taking it out on the people who had nothing to do witht he collab?

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 00:44:46

At 6/22/08 12:30 AM, Nova500 wrote: Last I checked, a month didn't equal ten days, since it was due out by the 12th last I saw.

That and there's only a handful of posts that ask if they made it in.

If Stamper was trying to "Get Revenge", why would he be taking it out on the people who had nothing to do witht he collab?

I meant the submission's due date, my bad. I forgot to clarify.
I doubt that there's many people that are waiting as eagerly for this collab as those of us who submitted. I can't see why anybody who didn't submit would suffer at all.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 03:40:19

Alass, the last Metal Gear Game, and I WANNA FUCKING SEE THE MGS COLLAB!! It will please me in the sense of sending a goodbye letter to the series.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 04:46:06

FFS, We need an UPDATE on the story!

Marvel vs Capcom x Konami - Super Flash Rotoscope Remix :: Coming Soon

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 10:52:44

I will be awesome man!

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 10:59:06

Hope its great

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 12:22:00

can i join i kwon lots abot metal gear sliod iv got number 4

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 12:44:34

i wonder if mine got in.. maybe not with so many other entries but i still want to see the result of the collab
i hope mine even sent damn aol...

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 12:46:56

At 6/21/08 02:08 PM, raz183 wrote:
At 6/21/08 12:55 PM, ClownClown wrote: I'm telling you guys. He was pissed off at the lack of effort and now he's getting revenge. He's letting us suffer. Everybody that has asked if they were in is in and now it's some awesome submission. Think about it guys, there IS NOT GOING TO BE a collab.
The bad thing is, I actually believe you.... C'mon guys, look at the evidence, we was on the brink of cancelling it a week before the dead-line, and then so many awesome parts come at once? A bit hard to believe.

nah alot of ppl put alot of effort into this so they barely made it in time i was one of those ppl so have a little more faith in our NG staff i man 100+ artist thats alot of shit and mine would crash with like 15 ppl...

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 12:48:43

At 6/22/08 12:22 PM, ArjunS wrote: can i join i kwon lots abot metal gear sliod iv got number 4

a little too late lol...

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 14:08:45

WTF is going on!?

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 17:10:20

I can see alot of people are impatiant to see the collab, just as i am.. so here are a few submitions that were submitted after the deadline...

Psycho Mantis
Metal Gear: Hands On
MGS: why?
Snake's cock

They are pretty good... too bad they didnt make it in.. Hope this helps ease the wait...

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 22:16:21

At 6/22/08 06:35 PM, Hokey-Mokey wrote: It's funny how just by making everyone wait a little while for the collab to come out, people are beginning to believe a conspiracy is afoot, and there is no collab, and we were all duped, and you're all splitting off into two parties, the believers and the dessenters, the two of whom will kill each other in a vicious battle with sticks and rocks...

And then when the dust clears... "Congradulations to the winners... uh... Oh. Oooooh. Nevermind."

Hilarious.

You forgot about the people that are actually happy that it's not coming out, like PIGPEN and rtil, because, God forbid, people want things that are entertaining, not always a fucking competition.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 22:30:57

At 6/22/08 10:16 PM, Kenkaku wrote: You forgot about the people that are actually happy that it's not coming out, like PIGPEN and rtil, because, God forbid, people want things that are entertaining, not always a fucking competition.

Yeah I agree. I kinda would like the idea that the collab may be canceled. That way submissions could be made for the fun of it rather than competing for some prizes. It makes sense that it's not coming out too. All of this waiting and lack of updates and things not adding up, I doubt we're really going to have a collab in the end.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 23:26:17

At 6/22/08 10:30 PM, xCookieMonsterx wrote:
At 6/22/08 10:16 PM, Kenkaku wrote: You forgot about the people that are actually happy that it's not coming out, like PIGPEN and rtil, because, God forbid, people want things that are entertaining, not always a fucking competition.
Yeah I agree. I kinda would like the idea that the collab may be canceled. That way submissions could be made for the fun of it rather than competing for some prizes. It makes sense that it's not coming out too. All of this waiting and lack of updates and things not adding up, I doubt we're really going to have a collab in the end.

Ok, people. A few delays are one thing, but the impatience is getting alittle too high. Oh no, a couple of well excused issue have been announced, suddenly it's not happening at all? You guys are being way too negative. They said they were workin' their asses off, so let's assume they're workin' their asses off.

Jeff and Stamper are not ones to just give up on something like this. The amount of hype built up for this is too gut wrenching for them to turn their backs on. Give 'em some credit guys.

PATIENCE MY FRIENDS.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-22 23:56:33

At 6/22/08 11:26 PM, Theo-art wrote:
At 6/22/08 10:30 PM, xCookieMonsterx wrote:
Ok, people. A few delays are one thing, but the impatience is getting alittle too high. Oh no, a couple of well excused issue have been announced, suddenly it's not happening at all? You guys are being way too negative. They said they were workin' their asses off, so let's assume they're workin' their asses off.

Jeff and Stamper are not ones to just give up on something like this. The amount of hype built up for this is too gut wrenching for them to turn their backs on. Give 'em some credit guys.

PATIENCE MY FRIENDS.

I feel I'm misinterpreted.

I want the collab to come out, and any hard time I gave to Jeff and Stamper was just nothing more than poking fun at them. I will gladly wait if it means that the final product will be better.

However, I waltzed into another blog post (I think it was Stamper's follow up) and there were people that were actually happy that the collab was supposedly cancelled, people that many people would regretfully recognize on this site.

And that just pisses me off to no end, because this site is run by some very awesome people (Tom especially, one of the most generous people I've heard of) and has several cool contributors, and they do what they do for fun, and nothing more.

But then you have a bunch of pretentious assholes that have to rain on these everyone's parades just for the sake of being pretentious assholes. I participated in this collab because it looked like a lot of fun, and I did it for my friend who is a huge Metal Gear fan.

And outside of the collab, you have people like Egoraptor, Tomamoto, Kagome, and several others that do what they do because they enjoy it and want other people to enjoy their work, too. But no, according to the aforementioned pretentious assholes, they're not allowed to enjoy what they do, nor are other people allowed to, so they, for the last time, be pretentious assholes.

And that's what I was getting at before. There aren't just people that think that the collab is cancelled and people that think it isn't. You have a bunch of cynical morons that have to take everything on this site so seriously and act like it's all one big competition, not just a site for showing off your talent and letting others enjoy what you do. They're actually happy the collab is (supposedly) cancelled.

/rant

Sorry, I had to let all that out. As much as I love Newgrounds, there are certain aspects I don't, but I don't blame the staff for that.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-23 10:26:54

I feel I'm misinterpreted.

I want the collab to come out, and any hard time I gave to Jeff and Stamper was just nothing more than poking fun at them. I will gladly wait if it means that the final product will be better.

However, I waltzed into another blog post (I think it was Stamper's follow up) and there were people that were actually happy that the collab was supposedly cancelled, people that many people would regretfully recognize on this site.

And that just pisses me off to no end, because this site is run by some very awesome people (Tom especially, one of the most generous people I've heard of) and has several cool contributors, and they do what they do for fun, and nothing more.

But then you have a bunch of pretentious assholes that have to rain on these everyone's parades just for the sake of being pretentious assholes. I participated in this collab because it looked like a lot of fun, and I did it for my friend who is a huge Metal Gear fan.

And outside of the collab, you have people like Egoraptor, Tomamoto, Kagome, and several others that do what they do because they enjoy it and want other people to enjoy their work, too. But no, according to the aforementioned pretentious assholes, they're not allowed to enjoy what they do, nor are other people allowed to, so they, for the last time, be pretentious assholes.

And that's what I was getting at before. There aren't just people that think that the collab is cancelled and people that think it isn't. You have a bunch of cynical morons that have to take everything on this site so seriously and act like it's all one big competition, not just a site for showing off your talent and letting others enjoy what you do. They're actually happy the collab is (supposedly) cancelled.

/rant

Sorry, I had to let all that out. As much as I love Newgrounds, there are certain aspects I don't, but I don't blame the staff for that.

I totally agree with you man, I was pretty much aiming my comment at Cookie's remark.

There's no real reason to bother expecting this collab to be cancled. If a few "pretentious assholes" think it's a crap idea, so what, nothing's gonna happen, moreover no one gives a shit. I myself find the idea of this ever happening unbelievable, mostly due to the over-anticipation I've been having. Newgrounds is all about healthy competition, nothing's wrong with that.

Also, I'm anxious to see your part Kenkaku, your stuff is VERY LAUGHABLE.

:D

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-23 15:09:19

At 6/12/08 06:45 PM, Skankles wrote: You stupid fucks, can't you see what they are doing?
They aren't making two colabs because of submissions.
Its all just a massive cock joke just waiting to nail you.
It's Johnny and Stamper for fucks sake... Stupid fucks...

I still say its a cock joke... It shouldn't take this long. I mean
really, all they are doing is pouring paste and throwing glitter
all over a mess of quickly produced flash shorts. Unless
they've been eating all the paste and collecting glitter off
strippers I don't see how they could take this long.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-23 18:05:10

At 6/23/08 03:09 PM, Skankles wrote:

You could try reading Stamper's post on his profile. That may tell you a thing or three.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-23 18:27:37

At 6/23/08 03:09 PM, Skankles wrote:
At 6/12/08 06:45 PM, Skankles wrote: You stupid fucks, can't you see what they are doing?
They aren't making two colabs because of submissions.
Its all just a massive cock joke just waiting to nail you.
It's Johnny and Stamper for fucks sake... Stupid fucks...

This is true. It shouldn't be too hard. Heck I don't care if they split it in 4 pieces to reduce the "technical problems" I just want to watch it. And technical problems or not, unless their keyboard is broken too, we should have that list. So far they've given us nothing but delays. I seriously doubt a collab is going to come out. Stamper and Johnny love their cock jokes, and this would certainly be the biggest one of them all. In fact, as irritated as I am, I would have to congratulate them on this.

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-23 20:51:22

and why shouldn't he be Stamper ? dawmb fawk check his profile and see his flashes !

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-23 21:12:17

At 6/23/08 08:51 PM, Fligoudigou wrote: and why shouldn't he be Stamper ? dawmb fawk check his profile and see his flashes !

Are you actually serious. I mean, are you ACTUALLY serious?

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-24 05:28:37

The joke was.... well.......uh.......got (i think)

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-24 10:14:43

awesome

Thanks to PyroflameProductions for the banner

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-24 10:19:38

sweet cant wait

Response to Metal Gear Collab (Update) 2008-06-24 12:08:15

Gimme that Collab its alrdy the 24th!