00:00
00:00

find an old-ish flash

787 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

find an old-ish flash 2008-05-05 00:01:49

i was walking around a store today and heard the beatles version of "two of us' I love that song, but then I remembered it in a flash cartoon. it was really strange, because it would have from over a year ago, it may have had a different version of the song. I went through many flashes looking for this cartoon, all i remembered was the song, but then as I was doing the laundry I remembered more about it.

If I remember correctly it was about a yound bear chasing, i believe a butterfly, then angering a very large insect and in comphensation for hurting the little insect must get his arm cut off, as his, I believe, mother bear agrees. Then he wakes up to realize its a dream. there are no words, what I say here was what the flash implied.

thank youy for any help

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-05 02:32:57

The animation you are looking for is no longer on Newgrounds: Eulogy For: Story of a BEAR.
However, you can watch it here or here.

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-05 16:16:57

At 5/5/08 02:32 AM, shunshuu wrote: The animation you are looking for is no longer on Newgrounds: Eulogy For: Story of a BEAR.
However, you can watch it here or here.

hmm why is it gone?

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-06 01:27:33

At 5/5/08 04:16 PM, Katz393 wrote: hmm why is it gone?

It was stolen.
On April 10th 2005 jack-skeelington created a BBS thread called The truth. Two days later Story of a BEAR, Dead Love, .Another.Day. and The Exorcist - 8-bit were removed.

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-06 02:43:11

At 5/6/08 01:27 AM, shunshuu wrote:
At 5/5/08 04:16 PM, Katz393 wrote: hmm why is it gone?
It was stolen.
On April 10th 2005 jack-skeelington created a BBS thread called The truth. Two days later Story of a BEAR, Dead Love, .Another.Day. and The Exorcist - 8-bit were removed.

Wow. I'm amazed that thread only got 7 replies. Then again... it was a 2005 flash forum thread... but still. Wow. What an admission.

So the two flashes in his profile now, both from 2004... those are his only actual works?

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-06 07:08:07

I made a mistake, he had 12 submissions before that confession.

At 5/6/08 02:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: So the two flashes in his profile now, both from 2004... those are his only actual works?

This is a rhetorical question, right?

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-06 19:11:27

hmm I dont know whether I should be angry at that dude for stealing it or thanking him for it. He got what e deserved, but It's still among my favorite flashes, and reminds me of the good ol days...(aka 3 years ago?)

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-08 21:00:08

At 5/6/08 07:08 AM, shunshuu wrote:
At 5/6/08 02:43 AM, gfoxcook wrote: So the two flashes in his profile now, both from 2004... those are his only actual works?
This is a rhetorical question, right?

No.... that was a normal question, hoping for an answer, because I read the thread that was linked to, and the stuff the guy mentioned having been the stuff he actually created on his own after stealing all the other stuff he submitted... didn't have the same names, that I noticed, as the stuff in his profile now in 2008, so that was a bit confusing, that discrepancy.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-09 03:21:47

I don't have an answer, I can only offer my opinion:
As I understand he did all that just to get popular so he could be a part of collaborations, maybe push his own projects through the portal easier, get higher score, etc. So, he submitted ~9 stolen animations, then 2 animations of his own (I mean those two left on his account),.. and a few days later he submitted a stolen animation again, I don't understand his logic. By the way he did all that in a period of ~3 months, that's like one submission per week, pretty fast huh? (and suspicious) :)
Now about the tear and the Oasis Collab. My first guess is that tear was removed because jack-skeelington could not provide the .fla, but,.. it was removed two days after the confession, which probably means that someone recognized the real author, or an admin was on submission deletion spree. :)
I couldn't find the Oasis Collab, but I found another collaborative flash called Burn Baby Burn, jack-skeelington is listed as a co-author in the author's comment box only, although in 2004 that animation was in the list of his submissions. Also notice jack-skeelington's animation style it looks similar to the one he used in NG Horror Show.
I assume that the co-authors of NG Horror Show saw jack-skeelington's .fla, so that one should be ok.
And Grey In Grey is also ok, because jack-skeelington only helped with the graphics.
I guess that an admin removed all his solo projects with one click, but he couldn't touch the collaborative flashes because it would be unfair to remove a hard work of a few artists just because one of them is a fraud. That's just a thought.
Well, I think that's all I had on my mind about this situation, back to you, gfoxcook.

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-10 23:02:42

At 5/9/08 03:21 AM, shunshuu wrote: I don't have an answer, I can only offer my opinion:
As I understand he did all that just to get popular so he could be a part of collaborations, maybe push his own projects through the portal easier, get higher score, etc. So, he submitted ~9 stolen animations, then 2 animations of his own (I mean those two left on his account),.. and a few days later he submitted a stolen animation again, I don't understand his logic. By the way he did all that in a period of ~3 months, that's like one submission per week, pretty fast huh? (and suspicious) :)

Wait.... he submitted his own two, then submitted another stolen one? I assume this was still all before he posted that confession to the BBS, right?

Because if he went right back to posting flash that wasn't his own AFTER that thread, then he isn't just a thief... he's a BRAZEN thief.

I guess that an admin removed all his solo projects with one click, but he couldn't touch the collaborative flashes because it would be unfair to remove a hard work of a few artists just because one of them is a fraud. That's just a thought.

I see.

Well, I think that's all I had on my mind about this situation, back to you, gfoxcook.

Thanks for the diligent reporting on this flash theft issue, shunshuu. And now.... the weather.

BBS Signature

Response to find an old-ish flash 2008-05-11 04:50:04

At 5/10/08 11:02 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Wait.... he submitted his own two, then submitted another stolen one? I assume this was still all before he posted that confession to the BBS, right?

That's right, he posted that confession ~5 months after his last submission.