00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Audiosurf Club

8,766 Views | 108 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-27 10:00:49

At 4/27/08 07:55 AM, SpeedMetalSandwich wrote:
At 4/27/08 06:10 AM, LazyPint wrote: Is Audiosurf available on the Xbox? Maybe via the Arcade? Or is it too big?
Im not sure, may have to Google that, but Audiosurf shouldn't be THAT big. It's probably less then 700mb. I haven't checked.

You're correct, it's under 700 MB since I have the game in the first place.
Not that much of a big game, and also that it doesn't kill the computer since the graphics are simple yet good to look at.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."

What's your fastest reaction time?

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-27 22:53:29

I found this club about a week ago. I actually thought it was a club for "technosurf", one of the games i found on here. I didn't like THAT game very much, but i decided to check it out. Seemed interesting, got steam, and played the demo.

By the second song, i knew i had to have this game...
I'm not the kinda guy who splurges money at all. Seriously, i NEVER spend money unless i obsess over something for about at least a week.

I splurged, and i'm still having fun with it.

As the Main DJ of the Newgrounds radio, i often use this game to play through a song that someone recomends, to see where it should fit in. I also use it to come up with a "Line-up"

If anyone needs some music to play through, click my sig for my Direct-download page for links to some songs. I think some of you would particularly like the 6th episode, since dance music seems to have the best effect on Audio Surf.

Last note, i actually find mono harder than pointer... I find it easier to hit every note, than to have to dodge most of the notes...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-27 23:20:46

At 4/27/08 06:10 AM, LazyPint wrote:
Is Audiosurf available on the Xbox? Maybe via the Arcade?

Nope.

|| AK || Play TF2 @ AK's ||

NG Archive - The Problems of the Past, Today!

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-27 23:37:47

At 4/27/08 11:20 PM, Aksumka wrote:
Nope.

Damn, i would gladly pay the $10 AGAIN to have that on my 360...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

Click the sig for direct download page, or Click Here for the show in the Itunes Market!

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-29 17:44:32

At 4/27/08 11:37 PM, Gorillazrock wrote:
At 4/27/08 11:20 PM, Aksumka wrote:
Nope.
Damn, i would gladly pay the $10 AGAIN to have that on my 360...

Yeah, also the popularity of the game would soar even higher.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-29 17:49:48

Well, I'm still sticking to Mono Pro and it's still great.

If any of you have ever played Timesplitters, you can download the entire soundtrack from all 3 games from Free Radical's website for free and legally. It's a great mix of tracks.

I currently top Chinese, which is one bumpy ride.

Only one other person has done it, but still...

Bridge of Weir Meet-Up 2012, a real thing that's definitely real! You won't believe how real it is!*

*Realness not guaranteed.

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-29 19:26:36

The only real problem i could forsee is that control would be a little sluggish for the 360....

I know that i've tried using both the arrow keys and the mouse, and i pick the mouse every time. You MUST use the mouse to hit the majority of the notes, and this game is ultra sensative to your reflexes. Most people can slide a mouse back and forth faster than they can hit a button two times..

However, online play would be freaking awsome for this game..
If you've ever played amplitude, it could be the same experance, possibly with a Co-op mode (with up to 4 people), and a competative mode.

As a matter of fact, it's kind of strange that there IS no online play. I assume both people would have to have the same file, but there could possibly be a way to stream it to the other person.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-29 23:10:50

At 4/29/08 07:26 PM, Gorillazrock wrote:
As a matter of fact, it's kind of strange that there IS no online play. I assume both people would have to have the same file, but there could possibly be a way to stream it to the other person.

It does seem like it should be possible, but I'm sure there would be a latency problem that would cause the game to go out of sync. But, if the creator of the game has to send the file over to the other player, then there would be no streaming, and it would be a guarantee that the song is exactly the same and the only communication between the players would be the location of their ship or whatever.

But, with that a new problem comes up. I'm sure the RIAA won't appreciate this sharing of songs, even if both parties own it. However, should the downloaded song be locked up or something (Zune's 3 plays thing?) that would prevent the player that downloaded it from getting to it (or keeping it) and maybe the RIAA won't care. But, that won't go over that well with most players.

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-30 01:17:20

Well, i guess since it's not coming to 360, it doesn't really matter.

However, what about the songs that come with the game/songs on the Audiosurf radio? I would think that those should at least be muliplayer available.

But whatever, it's a great game...

Also, i wanted to suggest a song you should play. I've been highly addicted to two songs. I can't seem to get enough of them in audiosurf.... It's pretty damn intesnse especially on the Half Life one...

Pretty Rave girl (Suggested for the NG radio episode 8, will appear with HL one..)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 40019

Come take my hand "Half Life " (I love how the game does a corkscrew at the end...)
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 39098

You pretty much have to be a ninja to hit the majority of them in the Half life song...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-04-30 20:50:05

I cant believe more people haven't caught on to this cool game. I love audiosurf, and I also pride myself on having an extensive library of songs downloaded from NG.
Here are some great ones I severely suggest using:
Anything by Chromatronic (not only good fun to listen to, but the randomosity and speedy glitchcore of his songs is reflected in the difficulty of driving them, the hardest I found is either this or this)
The Dream (by SaintIsiah, a very skilled artist. Sadly he is no longer on NG, and it has been so long since he last logged on, hat his account is gone. Luckily, I still have the origional MP3)
Madness 7 (my favorite madness song, has a nice beat and is pretty fast paced)
Dad

I may give you more a little later, but you should be able to see my scores and account based on what I just put.

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-01 00:00:14

Just so everyone knows, I don't think it's even possible to port Audiosurf to any consoles. Quest3D has no coding elements and I'm pretty sure the consoles don't even have the drivers needed to play Audiosurf.

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-03 00:54:32

At 5/1/08 12:00 AM, Audio-Surfer wrote: Just so everyone knows, I don't think it's even possible to port Audiosurf to any consoles. Quest3D has no coding elements and I'm pretty sure the consoles don't even have the drivers needed to play Audiosurf.

That is true on what you're saying, but maybe they'll implement a new engine to Audiosurf in the later, later versions.

So maybe there might be a chance for it. If not, well I'm just keeping my hopes high.

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-03 01:21:22

Also, i find it kinda interesting that it sends you an email when you've been "dethroned" by someone else on a song.

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-03 07:19:42

At 5/3/08 01:21 AM, Gorillazrock wrote: Also, i find it kinda interesting that it sends you an email when you've been "dethroned" by someone else on a song.

It's a neat little feature, it keeps me updated if someone bested me on my score.

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-04 10:44:12

Audiosurf is AWESOME, it's really innovative too, didn't it win a couple of independent awards too?... Anyway, here's my stuff.

1. Firetech
2. Anything on NGs cause you're the only one on the high score list -_- and also NG audio is awesome.
3. Rock, wicked guitar, big drum beats make the track go freaking insane so it gets hard.

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-05 19:06:18

Oh hey! They released an update!

Changes

I'm glad they implemented this comment system. Just the other day I was wishing they had something like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-06 21:29:37

At 5/5/08 07:06 PM, Aksumka wrote: Oh hey! They released an update!

Changes

I'm glad they implemented this comment system. Just the other day I was wishing they had something like that.

Awesome, now I can comment people. Did anyone try adding me as a friend? Did it work properly? Just a test as some users cannot add me.

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-06 22:08:24

At 5/6/08 09:29 PM, Lost-Wisdom wrote: Did anyone try adding me as a friend? Did it work properly? Just a test as some users cannot add me.

I just did. No problems other than forgetting where the add friend button is...

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-09 21:30:48

At 5/6/08 10:08 PM, Aksumka wrote:
At 5/6/08 09:29 PM, Lost-Wisdom wrote: Did anyone try adding me as a friend? Did it work properly? Just a test as some users cannot add me.
I just did. No problems other than forgetting where the add friend button is...

Yeah, strange that no one bothers with the friend feature. I think it's a great way to connect with the scores and all.

Oh yeah, anyone tried the Radio from Audiosurf?

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-09 22:24:52

At 5/9/08 10:12 PM, ZeroAsALimit wrote: This looks awesome. Imma bookmark this and maybe get it next payday

Thanks for considering it. We have about 8+ members here I think now, good start for now.

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-13 07:40:35

Update: Well, I think I really have to update this.

A new update came up on Audiosurf, fixing some of the crashes it has when playing the game, so I guess that's a good addition to have.

Did anyone see the most played song? I can't believe it's that song that's mostly played.

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-13 16:55:48

Let me guess, is it that Rick Astley song?

I'll join even though I dont have the game, I'll probably buy it soon though.

KILL ALL SONS A BITCHES.

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-13 20:48:36

At 5/13/08 04:55 PM, Legionnaire-X wrote: Let me guess, is it that Rick Astley song?

I'll join even though I dont have the game, I'll probably buy it soon though.

Not even close. It's pretty much a complication of DragonForce songs or Coulton "Still Alive" song.

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-13 22:38:48

I'll join! Audiosurf is one of the most addictive games I've ever played.

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-14 01:46:28

At 5/13/08 10:38 PM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote: I'll join! Audiosurf is one of the most addictive games I've ever played.

True that... Makes it easier for me to check music for quality for my show, that's for damn sure...

I actually recomended this to SkyMarshall, since he thought it would be a good way to listen to his projects...

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-14 19:47:31

At 5/13/08 10:38 PM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote: I'll join! Audiosurf is one of the most addictive games I've ever played.

If you're joining, what is you're account? I'll add you as soon as you can.

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-14 23:07:30

At 5/14/08 07:47 PM, Lost-Wisdom wrote:
If you're joining, what is you're account? I'll add you as soon as you can.

My account is also Jaketheclonetrooper

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-15 00:20:44

i never even thought of doing that yet (Doy!)

Mine's different then my NG name...

ddrorangeman

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-15 07:47:51

Thanks, I'll add you people as soon as possible and let's see if I could beat any of you're high scores.

-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature

Response to Audiosurf Club 2008-05-15 14:36:29

I mostly just play NG songs anyway...

I usually play the songs that are on my podcast, so i'm most likely to have some high scores on those (since people haven't really played them much...)

Relationship Crew

NG Radio podcast Club

BBS Signature