Be a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

  • 206,064 Views
  • 4,782 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
sushi13
sushi13
  • Member since: Jul. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 57
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-04 04:26:18 Reply

I've just started Silent Hill 3 for the very first time and I've been really stoked to play this for a long time. Especially after playing through Silent Hill 2 no less than 7 times in the past year and succeeding in earning a 10* rank which is no mean feat.

Hikky-Dikky
Hikky-Dikky
  • Member since: Dec. 28, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-11 16:04:03 Reply

I recently beat the first two Doom games and now I'm playing a bunch of WADs. Doom's mod community is amazing, seriously.

Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-12 09:29:43 Reply

I played through Half-Life.

The first 2-3 hours I didn't like the game all that much, but it gets better as you progress. Like Half-Life 2, it's quite immersive towards the end and I like the variety in the gameplay. I do have to say that the physics are a bit awkward sometimes; the platforming segments can be quite frustrating because you have very little jumping control and from time to time I got stuck within an object or a wall or something and had to kill myself.

Overall I liked Half-Life 2 better, but the first Half-Life is definitely worth a play as well if you're interested in classic FPS.

I think I'm going to play Torchlight II next.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 January 2017)

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 37
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-12 10:06:46 Reply

At 9/4/13 04:26 AM, sushi13 wrote: I've just started Silent Hill 3 for the very first time and I've been really stoked to play this for a long time. Especially after playing through Silent Hill 2 no less than 7 times in the past year and succeeding in earning a 10* rank which is no mean feat.

Have you played the original? It's my favorite. Origins, Shattered Memories and the Room are okay but 1 and 2 are the highlight of the series.

At 9/12/13 09:29 AM, Auz wrote: Overall I liked Half-Life 2 better, but the first Half-Life is definitely worth a play as well if you're interested in classic FPS.

How about Opposing Force? It's the best thing to come from Half Life 1 imo.


BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-12 10:12:59 Reply

At 9/12/13 10:06 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 9/12/13 09:29 AM, Auz wrote: Overall I liked Half-Life 2 better, but the first Half-Life is definitely worth a play as well if you're interested in classic FPS.
How about Opposing Force? It's the best thing to come from Half Life 1 imo.

I haven't played that one yet. I'm probably going to pick it up in the future.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 January 2017)

BBS Signature
MrDaemon
MrDaemon
  • Member since: Aug. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-13 01:02:22 Reply

At 9/2/13 12:54 PM, Auz wrote: I beat System Shock 2 (for the first time).

Honestly, this is one of the best games I've ever played.

It's definitely not perfect. The graphics aren't that good (not even for its time) and the game isn't all that hard to beat. But in terms of storytelling and in terms of atmosphere this game is absolutely amazing. From what I heard, it was also very revolutionary at the time it came out and a lot of modern games still derive inspiration from the System Shock series (for example, look at GlaDOS from Portal).

So I highly recommend it. I feel like anyone who has an interest in video games ought to play this game someday.

I loved this game straight through, but those last two minutes ruined it. The horror... the feeling of being actually there... the experience of being nothing but an insect, a pathetic creature of meat and bone... the existential crisis within the walls of the Von Braun... all swept away in a single word.

Nah...

Some people defend the silent protagonist because it is kind of a badass moment, but I feel like it spoiled the mood and the message behind the entire concept of the game.

Bioshock and it's sequels were great, but they don't hold a candle. Shodan was also the influence behind Glados from Portal, so it's roots are really far outstretched. It came about in that era where FPS was really get it's feet wet and experimenting.

If you haven't try Deus Ex and Thief + Thief II. Some true gems. RIP Looking Glass Studios :'(


BBS Signature
ShiningFox
ShiningFox
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-13 09:35:12 Reply

DMC and i think i'm gonna replay mgs3 :P
Also Dragon Nest, awesome game


BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-13 10:28:38 Reply

At 9/13/13 01:02 AM, Elixur wrote:
At 9/2/13 12:54 PM, Auz wrote: I beat System Shock 2 (for the first time).

Honestly, this is one of the best games I've ever played.

It's definitely not perfect. The graphics aren't that good (not even for its time) and the game isn't all that hard to beat. But in terms of storytelling and in terms of atmosphere this game is absolutely amazing. From what I heard, it was also very revolutionary at the time it came out and a lot of modern games still derive inspiration from the System Shock series (for example, look at GlaDOS from Portal).

So I highly recommend it. I feel like anyone who has an interest in video games ought to play this game someday.
I loved this game straight through, but those last two minutes ruined it. The horror... the feeling of being actually there... the experience of being nothing but an insect, a pathetic creature of meat and bone... the existential crisis within the walls of the Von Braun... all swept away in a single word.

Nah...
Some people defend the silent protagonist because it is kind of a badass moment, but I feel like it spoiled the mood and the message behind the entire concept of the game.

I really wasn't sure what to think of that when the ending was over.

I get that it was a bit of comic relief to break the incredibly tight tension of the last stages of the game, but it seemed so unfitting and unrealistic. I would expect that the protagonist would nearly be driven insane at that point, but now it sounded like he was completely indifferent about the things he witnessed and felt perfectly fine about battering his old crew mates to death with a wrench. It just alienates you, as a player, from the character you're playing as.

It's not that it completely ruined the game for me because the game is fantastic otherwise, but I definitely would've liked the ending much better if the protagonist kept his mouth shut.

Bioshock and it's sequels were great, but they don't hold a candle. Shodan was also the influence behind Glados from Portal, so it's roots are really far outstretched. It came about in that era where FPS was really get it's feet wet and experimenting.

If you haven't try Deus Ex and Thief + Thief II. Some true gems. RIP Looking Glass Studios :'(

I'm going to pick up Deus Ex in the future and maybe Thief as well. I heard they were really genre defining games along with System Shock.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 January 2017)

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-13 18:07:15 Reply

At 9/12/13 09:29 AM, Auz wrote: I think I'm going to play Torchlight II next.

Been playing this for a couple of hours and I'm really enjoying it thus far.

I like how the game has everything those Diablo-like RPGs have, yet you do not have to think/worry too much about character set-up and everything. It's fast-paced right from the beginning and everything feels very intuitive.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 January 2017)

BBS Signature
Cynicalx
Cynicalx
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2013
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Art Lover
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-14 07:28:58 Reply

LoZ: OOT 3D

Again


Amicum cum volo illi sunt bonum habere
Pro amor Deus, Satanus et populus christianus.
Pater noster qui in infernis

BBS Signature
Draco320
Draco320
  • Member since: Apr. 21, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-14 08:15:07 Reply

Saints row 3

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-14 23:15:29 Reply

At 9/14/13 08:15 AM, Draco320 wrote: Saints row 3

That game is so much better than people say it is.

At 9/14/13 09:37 PM, ultragame10 wrote: I've been really addicted to SKyrim

I remember when all I played without exception was Skyrim...for hoooours.


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
FlakJaketPro
FlakJaketPro
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-14 23:16:32 Reply

>mfw nobody is playing Tiberian Sun

The Game You're Currently Playing


BBS Signature
Yoshiii343
Yoshiii343
  • Member since: Mar. 8, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-15 09:45:05 Reply

playing stuff here on NG and some shit text based browser games

i live a very exciting life
Eddmario
Eddmario
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-17 11:22:28 Reply

Just bought Bioshock: Infinite the other day. I beat it yesterday, and started on 1999 mode.
The normal game gets hard about halfway through, even on easy, but 1999 mode is almost damn-near impossible, since you're limited in the ammo and money you can get, the fact that enemies deal twice as much damage to you, and if you die, you lose $100, and if you don't have enough, it sends you back to the main menu. Oh, and there are even less save points.


Twitter | Deviant Art | Steam | Gamertag: Eddmario
Official MLP: FIM crew. | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
DivoFST
DivoFST
  • Member since: Jun. 25, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Musician
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-17 16:55:40 Reply

The Walking Dead 400 days mod from Telltale games, its an emotional ride!


No mather how good you are sometime, somewhere, somehow...
Someone will blow your mind and make feel a beginner again..

BBS Signature
MrBeer
MrBeer
  • Member since: Sep. 19, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-17 17:15:54 Reply

Torchlight!


See you space cowboy

Asandir
Asandir
  • Member since: Dec. 23, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 49
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-20 13:55:20 Reply

So I picked up The Binding of Isaac (I know I am late to the party) since @iMini talked a bit about it in his interview and I wondered if it was really that good like he said. Safe to say that it is. It was at first a little bit steep to get accustomed to the dificulty but I soon got the hang out of it. Indeed, every run is different and an unique experience. Played the base game for a fair amount of time and will probably get the Wrath of The Lamb DLC later on, didn't get it so far as I first wanted to see if this game is of my liking and I also read that the base game is a bit easier. It's crazy how at first you already call your blessings when you see that a fight with one of the Harbingers or with the Fallen/Krampus is upcoming and later on you easily defeat them.


Without truth, there is no justice.
Asandir's interviews with Newgrounds forum users
Portal and Icon moderator

BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-20 16:05:01 Reply

I almost beaten metroid prime 2 (echoes) but I have no idea how to get pass the phazon charged dark samus before dark aether blows up. any tips would be appreciated.


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-20 18:31:47 Reply

I've just beaten Torchlight II.

Generally quite a fun game. You can tell the creators really did their best to make the game as fun and easy-to-play as possible.

I do wish they would've put more effort in writing a proper story though. The plot seems to have potential in the beginning, but halfway in you realise it's all very minimalistic and only serves to push you forward. Because of that, the game does feel a bit like 25 hours of brainless baddie smashing with not much else to it. And what makes it feel more brainless is that the "normal" difficulty is actually hardly challenging at all.

Anyway, I'm probably going to keep playing for a while. I liked the game still and there's quite a lot of end game content from what I've read.

At 9/20/13 04:05 PM, tsukikomi wrote: I almost beaten metroid prime 2 (echoes) but I have no idea how to get pass the phazon charged dark samus before dark aether blows up. any tips would be appreciated.

You don't know how to damage him or you just have difficulties beating him in general?

If the former, I'm guessing that you don't know that you have to keep your beam charged to absorb the phazon s/he's firing upwards in one of his/her attacks. I remember I didn't immediately figure that out when I first fought Dark Samus.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 January 2017)

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 37
Gamer
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 12:57:19 Reply

At 9/20/13 06:31 PM, Auz wrote: You don't know how to damage him or you just have difficulties beating him in general?

If the former, I'm guessing that you don't know that you have to keep your beam charged to absorb the phazon s/he's firing upwards in one of his/her attacks. I remember I didn't immediately figure that out when I first fought Dark Samus.

So it doesn't matter which arm cannon and I aim it to those projectiles? I'll give it a try thanks.


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
TheEnkian
TheEnkian
  • Member since: Dec. 18, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Game Developer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 13:45:19 Reply

Dusted off my copy of Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the Nintendo 64. I forgot how great that game is, it's just one of those games that makes you happy all the time.


Working on Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists!
Personal Website - For large posts and updates
Twitter For small, regular game updates

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Member since: May. 16, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 40
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 13:58:53 Reply

Shao Khan is fucking bullshit. I'm stuck on the second fight with him.

Also, I'm not sure how to get to do actual missions in Just Cause 2. I just keep wandering around destroying things and all I find is racing challenges.


sig by JaY11
Letterboxd
one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Nor
Nor
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Reader
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 14:03:30 Reply

Haven't really been playing anything but AOE2 and Guild Wars 2 lately


私のちんちん

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 18:38:59 Reply

At 9/22/13 12:57 PM, tsukikomi wrote:
At 9/20/13 06:31 PM, Auz wrote: You don't know how to damage him or you just have difficulties beating him in general?

If the former, I'm guessing that you don't know that you have to keep your beam charged to absorb the phazon s/he's firing upwards in one of his/her attacks. I remember I didn't immediately figure that out when I first fought Dark Samus.
So it doesn't matter which arm cannon and I aim it to those projectiles? I'll give it a try thanks.

It might be that you can only absorb the phazon with the normal arm cannon, but I'm not sure.

If you're still not sure what I mean, the guy in the video below demonstrates it at about 2:18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiNX9ALV5FQ

I don't know if you absolutely need to do that attack to defeat Dark Samus, but it will definitely help.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 January 2017)

BBS Signature
D1998
D1998
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-22 18:46:17 Reply

Well, let's see.. I haven't been playing much of ANYTHING lately, but the last games I remember playing are crash bandicoot 2,soul calibur 5, and Little big planet 2.

FlakJaketPro
FlakJaketPro
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-23 06:48:47 Reply

lol page 69
I got GTA V Friday night and am almost done.
I am also getting back into Star Wars: Empire At War and when I finish building my PC and get it running Win 7 I want to try my copy of Force Commander.


BBS Signature
WiiFittoToreinaa
WiiFittoToreinaa
  • Member since: Feb. 6, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Melancholy
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-09-24 14:27:24 Reply

At 9/22/13 06:38 PM, Auz wrote:
At 9/22/13 12:57 PM, tsukikomi wrote:
At 9/20/13 06:31 PM, Auz wrote: You don't know how to damage him or you just have difficulties beating him in general?

If the former, I'm guessing that you don't know that you have to keep your beam charged to absorb the phazon s/he's firing upwards in one of his/her attacks. I remember I didn't immediately figure that out when I first fought Dark Samus.
So it doesn't matter which arm cannon and I aim it to those projectiles? I'll give it a try thanks.
It might be that you can only absorb the phazon with the normal arm cannon, but I'm not sure.

If you're still not sure what I mean, the guy in the video below demonstrates it at about 2:18.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiNX9ALV5FQ

I don't know if you absolutely need to do that attack to defeat Dark Samus, but it will definitely help.

Alright I played and beaten dark samus and therefore beaten the game thanks for the tip. So does anyone know if metroid prime 3 is any good And I know its wii exclusive but is the game gamecube/classic controller compatible?


Get lyrically fit!!!!
Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-10-17 19:56:05 Reply

for the 3DS Super Mario 3d Land and Sonic Generation along with some demos like
Witch and Hero
Phoenix wright Ace Attorney Dual Destinies
Lurian odyssey Untold The Millenium gilr
Undead Bowling
Chain Blaster
M&L Dream Team
Crazy Construction
Project x zone
Fire Emblem Awakening
Art of Balance TOUCH
Epic Mickey Power of Illusion
Adventure Time: Hey ICE KING! Why'd You steal our Garbage ?!!
Lego Lord of the rings