00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Game You're Currently Playing

350,798 Views | 5,148 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-18 13:03:16

Tempted to just give up on Castlevania 64 which is annoying because I'm at the final battle. It's just so frustrating. It takes so long to get past Dracula's first two forms and then when I finally get to his third form the battle is over in less than a minute because he seems able to take off 75% of my health in one hit.

Tempted to call this the hardest game I've played. Maybe not the hardest game overall but definitely the hardest final boss fight. I remember beating the original Metroid a little while back and feeling so accomplished but this just feels so much harder. I really don't want to give up now but at the same time I really can't be arsed constantly having to get through Dracula's first 2 forms which isn't always a guaranteed victory anyway.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-18 16:10:41

My previous moaning about Castlevania 64 can be ignored. I beat it a little while ago and I'm damn pleased about it.

@Auz if you're still interested in the game after reading my previous posts, I'd say it's not a completely bad game but be prepared to get pissed off at it. You'll die many times because of the platforming, no doubt about that. I'd be surprised if you can sail through the Dual Tower level without much trouble and I definitely consider the Dracula battle to be quite challenging although really, looking back on it, once you know what you're doing it's not that bad. Not that I plan on repeating it any time soon.

If you can find it cheap it's worth checking out. Especially if you want to see what the initial transition to 3D for the Castlevania series was like.

Currently I'm on a mission to clear out more of my backlog. Since beating Castlevania I also beat Star Fox 64 for the first time. Didn't get the best ending or whatever but it was a pretty fun little game. I can definitely see why it's so loved.

Not sure what to play now. Might play through Ocarina of Time but I'm not sure if I'm really in the mood for a 30 hour game. I'd also really, really love to play Persona 3, 4 and Dragon Quest VIII but those games are even longer. Something like 70 hours each.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-18 17:15:07

At 11/18/13 04:10 PM, Dean wrote: My previous moaning about Castlevania 64 can be ignored. I beat it a little while ago and I'm damn pleased about it.

@Auz if you're still interested in the game after reading my previous posts, I'd say it's not a completely bad game but be prepared to get pissed off at it. You'll die many times because of the platforming, no doubt about that. I'd be surprised if you can sail through the Dual Tower level without much trouble and I definitely consider the Dracula battle to be quite challenging although really, looking back on it, once you know what you're doing it's not that bad. Not that I plan on repeating it any time soon.

To be honest, I already have very little patience with the older Super Mario games so this might not be a game for me then. But I'll try it out regardless.

If you can find it cheap it's worth checking out. Especially if you want to see what the initial transition to 3D for the Castlevania series was like.

The online stores I usually order from have a copy for €14,95. Sounds like a bit much to me. I'll look for it in some local game stores.

Currently I'm on a mission to clear out more of my backlog. Since beating Castlevania I also beat Star Fox 64 for the first time. Didn't get the best ending or whatever but it was a pretty fun little game. I can definitely see why it's so loved.

Yeah, that game is fun.

The dialogues are classic.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-21 17:21:34

Tales of the Abyss and Vesperia, BattleBlock theater, Devil may Cry 3, Street Fighter X Tekkn

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-21 17:36:01

At 11/21/13 05:21 PM, Wegra wrote: Tales of the Abyss and Vesperia, BattleBlock theater, Devil may Cry 3, Street Fighter X Tekkn

I wanna know what happened to Tekken X Street Fighter. I hope they still make it. It would have played just like Tekken 6.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-21 18:14:12

At 11/21/13 05:36 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
At 11/21/13 05:21 PM, Wegra wrote: Tales of the Abyss and Vesperia, BattleBlock theater, Devil may Cry 3, Street Fighter X Tekkn
I wanna know what happened to Tekken X Street Fighter. I hope they still make it. It would have played just like Tekken 6.

I think they said something about waiting assuming it'll be for Next gen consoles

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-21 19:48:44

I have finally got around to playing the Tyranny of King Washington expansion for Assassin's Creed 3. Have also been playing the Wolf Among Us, but mostly AC3. Both for Xbox 360.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-22 00:36:14

Megaman Battle Network and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-22 13:01:49

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-22 13:16:01

At 11/22/13 01:01 PM, Madjasper1 wrote:

Oh, also Skate 3

just call me "Jay", thanks.

ask me questions i guess

Profile Image by https://twitter.com/Momochii_art

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-24 17:26:57

I finished Morrowind's Tribunal expansion yesterday. It's better than Skyrim's DLC in my opinion, but it still doesn't beat Shivering Isles.

Now playing Super Mario World again and I might make a start with Mass Effect soon.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-24 23:13:24

Fallout New Vegas: Really good game, just started up again.
Broforce: Amazing indie game, I just bought the beta. I've had great experiences with the local co-op.
Animal Crossing New Leaf: It's a charming game, but it gets pretty boring and repetitive.
Pokemon Y: This is my first pokemon game. It's hella sweet.

butz r kool

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-25 03:47:34

I am playing Star Conflict - online game and Inside The Gear - physics puzzle game.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-25 18:20:53

Minecraft - As always
GTA V - Just polishing it off before I get my PS4 on Thursday night
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance - Free on PS+, pretty good surprisingly, loving the combat and counter system so far but I'm only about 4 hours into the game
New Little Kings Story PSVita - Also got this for free on PS+, was dubious at first as I hadn't really heard anything about the game but I got sucked into it. I don't know what it is about the game but I can just seem to play for hours trying to unlock all the stuff for my kingdom!

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-26 18:18:54

So, almost a year ago I got copies of Persona 3 FES and Persona 4 on PS2 and until now I hadn't played either, despite really wanting to play them. Not really sure why it has taken me this long to play them but this afternoon I decided to finally start on Persona 3 and there's just something so great about this and really I'm only a few hours in. Persona fusion seems like it could be pretty interesting once I level up and increase my social links. Was pretty surprised when it said there were 170 different personas to create.

I'm probably a little under 5 hours into the game and I think I'm close to the 3rd boss in Tartarus. I can see this eating up a lot of my time from now on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-27 13:08:26

Final Fantasy X. I've had this particular save file for about six months now and I'm trying to 100% it using a party of Tidus, Rikku and Auron. I've got those three all max'd out except for luck and the only Sigil that I have left to get is Wakka's so everybody else has fully powered Celestial weapons. I've taken down everything in the monster arena, Dark Valefor, Dark Ifrit, Dark Ixion, Dark Shiva, Dark Yojimbo and the Dark Magus Sisters.

All I have left to do is Dark Bahamut, Dark Anima and Penance. Then I need to max out the other characters, get Wakka's Sigil and then finish the story.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-27 13:56:43

I'm currently playing gta 3.

"Nermal is a piece of shit." Darthdenim

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-11-28 02:50:43

oh that Animal Crossing: New Leaf has been taking up much of my time lately. it is slowly consuming my life, or perhaps it already has. i now view everyday objects in an ACNL perspective, thinking to myself "how many Bells is it worth?" and it is beginning to be a problem. oh! but i love this game!

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-06 22:20:07

At 12/6/13 06:35 PM, Bspendlove wrote: I have been playing 7 Days to Die a lot recently... + Skate 3.... xD Oh I love Skate 3..

All the videos and gifs of glitches from Skate 3 are hilarious.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-09 15:11:39

I've been playing Dead Rising 3 on the Xbox One and Skyrim on my PS3.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-09 23:36:11

i was playing Saints Row IV and having a blast, and i also had beat the game just yesterday. i have always like the Saints Row series, and this was no exception. granted, it was rather over the top with its addition of super powers and alien invaders though it is what makes Saints Row what it is, complete of course with its brand of wackiness.

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-10 09:33:00

Been playing Mass Effect (the first one). I'm about halfway in right now and taking my time to complete all the sidequests I pick up along the way.

Thus far it's an excellent game in my opinion. It feels very similar to other Bioware games I've played (Dragon Age, KOTOR), which are games that I really enjoyed. I also like the third person shooter elements.

The only minor complaint I have is that commandeering your team mates is incredibly awkward. Half of the time they will just not do what you tell them to or they get stuck behind objects and can't help you out. The only thing they're good for is being meat shields, really.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-10 18:46:10

Dragon's crown is on sale on the PS store for 30 bucks, 27 with plus. I think I'll have to nab it before the sale ends.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-10 18:50:17

At 12/10/13 09:33 AM, Auz wrote: Been playing Mass Effect (the first one). I'm about halfway in right now and taking my time to complete all the sidequests I pick up along the way.

Thus far it's an excellent game in my opinion. It feels very similar to other Bioware games I've played (Dragon Age, KOTOR), which are games that I really enjoyed. I also like the third person shooter elements.

The only minor complaint I have is that commandeering your team mates is incredibly awkward. Half of the time they will just not do what you tell them to or they get stuck behind objects and can't help you out. The only thing they're good for is being meat shields, really.

Mass Effect 1 is great. It's all downhill after that, though, because EA got their hands on it. 2 and 3 are more like action games than RPGs and the writing isn't as good. I wish I could have seen what the series would be like if EA never bought them out.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-11 00:02:06

At 12/10/13 06:46 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Dragon's crown is on sale on the PS store for 30 bucks, 27 with plus. I think I'll have to nab it before the sale ends.

Just caved and bought it. I really needed something new to play, and this seems like the only game this year that I'm interested in and didn't own.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-11 03:35:49

I say Grand Theft Auto V.

Eryn Channel

Anime-NoireChan on IGN

PSN ID: Anime-NoireChan | Even though, getting popular, Esshh. No worries now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-11 06:43:13

At 12/10/13 06:50 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Mass Effect 1 is great. It's all downhill after that, though, because EA got their hands on it. 2 and 3 are more like action games than RPGs and the writing isn't as good. I wish I could have seen what the series would be like if EA never bought them out.

I know ME 3 is notorious for having a terrible ending (or endings?), but I thought ME 2 was generally considered a great game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-11 07:47:48

At 12/11/13 06:43 AM, Auz wrote:
At 12/10/13 06:50 PM, Stretchysumo wrote: Mass Effect 1 is great. It's all downhill after that, though, because EA got their hands on it. 2 and 3 are more like action games than RPGs and the writing isn't as good. I wish I could have seen what the series would be like if EA never bought them out.
I know ME 3 is notorious for having a terrible ending (or endings?), but I thought ME 2 was generally considered a great game.

It's a good game on its own merits, but EA's influence is clear. It turns into a TPS and basically all RPG elements are removed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-11 08:51:42

At 12/11/13 06:43 AM, Auz wrote: I know ME 3 is notorious for having a terrible ending (or endings?), but I thought ME 2 was generally considered a great game.

I loved ME2, more than the original although both are great games. ME2 just felt like it had a lot more to offer. I just didn't like how they changed the control scheme with the second game, on Xbox at least. It makes it a little weird if you finish the first game and go straight onto the second.

Only complaints I really hear about ME3 are the ending and I personally think it was stupid on their part to give into the temper tantrum the fans had. I've not experienced the ending myself yet so I can't comment on it but I think they should have just stuck to their guns. It's not up to the fans how the game ends, it's not their decision to make.

BBS Signature

Response to The Game You're Currently Playing 2013-12-11 22:43:14

Who wants to bro-op in Dragon's Crown? Online is pretty dead.

BBS Signature