New Topic Respond to this Topic
SergeantLuke
SergeantLuke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-07 11:47:18 Reply

Sorry to break up the conversation here, but I'm interested in becoming a member of this fine establishment! Mr. Prower, what are your thoughts on me?

BBS Signature
Kaizerwolf
Kaizerwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-07 12:36:04 Reply

At 7/7/11 11:47 AM, SergeantLuke wrote: Sorry to break up the conversation here, but I'm interested in becoming a member of this fine establishment! Mr. Prower, what are your thoughts on me?

You asked for Tails, but I'll suffice for now I suppose. He'll get around to a final decision, that lazy dog. ;)

Badge: Acceptable!
Post Quality: Uh oh.

Now, if it were my choice, I would say yes, but not right now. Your post quality needs a lot of improvement. Yes, your posts seem to be on topic, looking around the most recent 2 pages of post history. However, they're all pretty basic one-liner posts, and we hold a bit of a higher standard than that.

Like I said though, Tails will come around with a final decision.

How about you join the NGPD? Just what is the Newgrounds Police Dept.? Click the link and find out for yourself!

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-08 14:19:51 Reply

Thanks for taking the initiative, Kaizer. Much appreciated! Alright then, let's see what we have here...

At 7/7/11 11:47 AM, SergeantLuke wrote: Sorry to break up the conversation here, but I'm interested in becoming a member of this fine establishment! Mr. Prower, what are your thoughts on me?

As previously mentioned, your badge and post count qualify. However, I'm not too certain about your posts. I can see that you have potential, but that alone isn't convincing me. You'll need to refine your posting habits before I can let you proceed with recruitment. Try to avoid short posts so we can really get to see that you're a model user. You're almost there, but not quite yet so keep at it!

In other news, I want to apologize for the last-minute notice, but I'm about to leave with some friends over the weekend so I probably won't be around NG for a couple days. Seeing as my last post was almost a week ago, this shouldn't really be a catastrophic issue lol. I just thought I should give y'all a heads up. Take care of the crew for me while I'm gone! Don't pee in the sinks either... people wash their dishes there.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Jonny
Jonny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-08 14:56:25 Reply

At 7/8/11 02:19 PM, TailsPrower wrote: In other news, I want to apologize for the last-minute notice, but I'm about to leave with some friends over the weekend so I probably won't be around NG for a couple days.

Ironic, as one legend leaves, another one returns, I'm allowed to refer to myself as a legend, right? Seeing as I've been here forever, albeit fleetingly. I'm just here to say this post should mark my return to the NGPD as I have regained yet another laptop and will soon be regaining another desktop!

I'm trying to get back into my B/P'ing habits, but I may take a while..

Things are never meant to be easy. Everything is a challenge to someone.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-08 19:11:08 Reply

At 7/8/11 02:56 PM, JonnyTheWinnar wrote: I'm allowed to refer to myself as a legend, right?

Hahaha, you keep thinking that while I fetch my tazer ;)

I'm just here to say this post should mark my return to the NGPD as I have regained yet another laptop and will soon be regaining another desktop!

That's good to hear! Took ya long enough too.

I'm trying to get back into my B/P'ing habits, but I may take a while..

That reminds me, I'm probably gonna be late posting this week's roster due to being out and having no internet. So don't drink that koolaid if you don't see it posted on time.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Jonny
Jonny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-09 13:05:20 Reply

I've been B/P'ing my face off for the past 48 hours, makes me worry that I've already gained more than a few of the top five for last week..

BBS Signature
zachdamacman
zachdamacman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-09 21:40:25 Reply

I'm back from mah vacay. Also, sixth week being in teh tawp five. : Alright, enough of my purposely horrible grammar

Also, is there a record for the highest number of repeat appearances in the top five?

Also, I'm listening to "Rock You Like A Hurricane". Classic Rock/ Metal FTW!

TEHNON BBS: Need a break from the NG forums? «YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO CLICK ON IT.
The NGPD: To Blam And Protect!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-10 11:58:36 Reply

RESUBMITTED FLASH ALERT

ORIGINAL

The author submitted the the same flash twice with a different title on each.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-10 23:29:19 Reply

At 7/9/11 09:40 PM, zachdamacman wrote: Also, is there a record for the highest number of repeat appearances in the top five?

Not sure about the NGPD, as they only started using the detailed program a few months ago.

HOWEVER...

Over at the EGB, where we do monthly stats - I've been the top 5 for 31 months straight, and Coop is right behind me with30 months- and still going strong. In third place is Jolly - with 7 consecutive months.

Also realize that for a member of the NGPD, the more often you're in the top 5, the faster you reach Private - and then you really don't go any further, as you've graduated out of the NGPD.

For example, Wallrus is getting 48 B/P per week. He's at 2,410 total BP, with 4 weeks in the top 5. If he continues that pace, in 2 weeks he becomes a Private - and he'll stop at 6 weeks. However, JoeyJoah is getting half that - 24 a week, and he's around 1,070 b/p, with 2 weeks in the top 5. At his rate, he'll reach private in about 60 weeks - and he'll be top 5 for 65 weeks, if he keeps up the pace.

It doesn't take much to have a bad week and screw up the momentum. But you shouldn't worry about the top 5 - as long as you are all voting fairly and trying to blam what needs to go.

Keep up the good work - and Lizz, it's always good to hear from you! Keep in touch, ok?

As you were!

*Salutes*

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature
joeyjoah
joeyjoah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 08:40:12 Reply

Stolen submission:

Taken from: http://9bgames.com/play/selena-gomez--ce lebrity-makeup/246

His other submissions might be stolen too. Not sure, but I know he's not affiliated with 9bgames.
Did this on an Android on vacation, man I suck :(

q

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 09:58:22 Reply

I'll take a short break, too much real life stuff to deal with at the moment, also the whole summer has been nothing than thunder storms.

*sigh*

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 10:18:52 Reply

May have been stolen from 9bgames who submitted it to Kongregate two days ago.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Jonny
Jonny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 15:07:26 Reply

STOLEN FLASH

Original can be found here.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 17:17:36 Reply

At 7/13/11 03:07 PM, JonnyTheWinnar wrote: STOLEN FLASH
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 4630

Although the original's page doesn't give the author's name (unless the site created it), it's pretty obvious that this is stolen. On the grounds that the user who submitted this to the Portal has no evident connection with Stick Minigames whatsoever, I whistled this.

Good work.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
joeyjoah
joeyjoah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 17:43:23 Reply

At 7/13/11 03:07 PM, JonnyTheWinnar wrote: STOLEN FLASH
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 4630

Right when I whistled it, it told me that it was no longer under judgement. Why do they keep passing lately?

On another note, I wish I had paid more attention to this place when I made an account; nglogs says I could be level 15 if I had deposited more often.

q

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 20:11:14 Reply

Do I have what it takes to join?

BBS Signature
joeyjoah
joeyjoah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 20:28:30 Reply

Despite being on vacation I'll try my first evaluation. Problem?

Badge: check.
Post quantity: check.
Post quality: question mark.

I've noticed post quality is the hardest to correctly evaluate, and you have a mix of one-lined attacks and well thought out posts. I suppose I would say make him an apprentice and see what happens.

Of course, my evaluation has no real importance (ha). Better wait for Tails.

q

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-13 22:31:10 Reply

Hi I've tried to get into the NGPD before and I've been reporting here when I see a stolen flash and I think it's time I try again to join. so if Tails or someone high on the scale could evaluate me before I reach the rank of Police Captain and then have to leave and join the Elite Guard Barracks without any NGPD experience.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-14 00:29:17 Reply

At 7/13/11 10:31 PM, J-Rex wrote: Hi I've tried to get into the NGPD before and I've been reporting here when I see a stolen flash and I think it's time I try again to join. so if Tails or someone high on the scale could evaluate me before I reach the rank of Police Captain and then have to leave and join the Elite Guard Barracks without any NGPD experience.

While I can't speak for the NGPD, I can let you in on some information if you are serious about (eventually) requesting to join the Elite Guard. You will need to have at least 2,500 b/p points (rank Private) or better; you need at least a bronze whistle, your post and review quality needs to be better than average (one-liners and +1 posts will work against you, while a few well-thought sentences will take you far), and you have to be in good standing in the Newgrounds community (such as no recent activities like being banned or working with spam crews).

You're a little rough around the edges yet for the Elite Guard, so I recommend reading The Elite Guard Manifesto - that should bring you up to speed.

Also, for current members of the NGPD that are nearing 2,500 points (Wallrus, Spartan204, ilikeblamingcrap) if you are interested in joining the Elite Guard you are welcome to read our manifesto as well - do you have what it takes to be Elite? You can talk the talk - but can you walk the walk?

PM me if you want more information - we're always looking to add quality Newgrounds members to our ranks - will you be next?

See you at the front lines!

*Salutes*

EGSC ByteSlinger
Recruitment Officer,
Elite Guard Barracks

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-14 13:10:00 Reply

@ByteSlinger I meant I wanted to join the NGPD before I reached private because right now I'm Police Lieutenant and almost Police Captain. Because when I became a Police Captain I would work fast to become a private and then I'd have to join the EGB without any experience in the NGPD.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-14 17:55:55 Reply

At 7/13/11 08:11 PM, Jackho wrote: Do I have what it takes to join?

While you do have the badge and the post count to join, I've gone over the last few pages of your posts and I'm afraid that you'll need to make improvements before you can proceed further into recruitment. I'm seeing a LOT of +1 up posts that barely contribute to the thread, at the very least the bare minimum. Try to elaborate and make more thoughtful posts. One liners are not necessarily a bad thing, but too many of them do not look very good when undergoing inspection. Take these suggestions to heart and I'm sure you'll go a long way.

At 7/13/11 10:31 PM, J-Rex wrote: Hi I've tried to get into the NGPD before and I've been reporting here when I see a stolen flash and I think it's time I try again to join. so if Tails or someone high on the scale could evaluate me before I reach the rank of Police Captain and then have to leave and join the Elite Guard Barracks without any NGPD experience.

I've noticed you helping out quite a bit around the NGPD, and the jump in post quality is very impressive. I'm sure you'll make a great addition to the force if you stick to it and so I think you've earned yourself a shot! Your apprenticeship commences as of today, do us proud Rex! Congratulations on making it this far. Your efforts have served you well so far, so keep up the good work!

To both of you, I strongly recommend checking out the NGPD FAQ which is linked in my sig. Rex, as an apprentice, you are expected to and responsible for knowing the information contained there. If any of you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me via PM and I'll try to clarify.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-14 21:39:23 Reply

Thanks Tails I read the first part and thought you were saying no to me again so thanks for excepting me and I've read the FAQ and I'm ready to help until and after I'm an official member.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Jonny
Jonny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-15 15:10:25 Reply

At 7/13/11 05:43 PM, joeyjoah wrote: On another note, I wish I had paid more attention to this place when I made an account; nglogs says I could be level 15 if I had deposited more often.

Not the only one who's missed a few, look at this!

What you missed: If you deposited every day, you would have 10220 EXP and you would be Level 31.

Sucks at times bro. Oh, and btw, I missed the first three days of the week, but I'm hoping to be in the top 5 B/P'ers for the week! We shall find out soon!

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-15 16:11:00 Reply

At 7/15/11 03:10 PM, JonnyTheWinnar wrote: Sucks at times bro. Oh, and btw, I missed the first three days of the week, but I'm hoping to be in the top 5 B/P'ers for the week! We shall find out soon!

I'd be close to lvl 50 right now if I had continually deposited since creating my account. Also, I did jack shit in terms of b/p so that's one less competitor this week. While we're on the subject, I apologize for not posting last week's roster. I'll kill two birds with one stone this week so look forward to a double whammy!

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
34Deadman
34Deadman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-15 18:49:17 Reply

Speaking of the roster Tails when do you post it? I haven't been really here as of late so can anyone bring me up to speed?

Siq by Limited thanks man! Ghost/Supernatural Club / High Society/ NGPD

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-16 01:29:27 Reply

At 7/15/11 06:49 PM, 34Deadman wrote: Speaking of the roster Tails when do you post it? I haven't been really here as of late so can anyone bring me up to speed?

I try to post them on the late evening of every Sunday, pretty much how Liz went about it before he stepped down. The roster program compiles the data and processes it on that day, so that's when it's ready to be posted.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Jonny
Jonny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-16 18:30:56 Reply

Just to make you guys feel inferior to my B/P'ing prowess :p

Weekly: 108 B/P Points (6 blams and 102 saves) since last Saturday (07/09/11). Pace of 15.429 B/P per day.

That's exactly one week ago today. Bearing in mind I wasn't here for Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday, that's pretty darn good in my opinion!

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-17 16:39:14 Reply

The author states that the flash is taken from another website but that website doesn't exist and the submission doesn't seem to be stolen but the author says it's from another website but that other website doesn't exist.

Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-18 01:33:16 Reply

!!!!!
INCOMING DOUBLE-WHAMMY "TAILS IS A LAZY FUCK" TWIN EDITION ROSTER
!!!!!

NGPD Roster as of Jul 10, 2011:

Hey y'all just as promised I am posting both rosters from the last two weeks. Because of my little getaway with some friends that took me away from NG, I was unable to release the proper roster in time. Then I got lazy annnnd.... well you get the picture. So here ya guys go! Congrats to all those who placed in the top 5, great success! Solid numbers this week too, looks like my inspiring string of appearances at the Top 5 list is starting to work its charm! While we're commending people, let's also not forget that our current standing Apprentice, Rex, is still in deep within the guts of our recruitment process! Keep it up bro!

Enjoy!

Milestones::
No milestones made this week.

Promotions::
No promotions this week.

Entering The List::
No new members this month.

Leaving the NGPD::
No members retired this week.

The List:
No. B/P / Gain / Average / Change / Username

01) 02,400 | 0,048 | 08.00 | +026.32 | wallrus Police Captain
02) 02,226 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Spartan204 Police Captain
03) 02,225 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | TailsPrower Police Captain
04) 02,052 | 0,003 | 00.50 | --070.00 | ilikeblamingcrap Police Captain
05) 01,840 | 0,003 | 00.50 | +000.00 | 34Deadman Police Lieutenant
06) 01,807 | 0,003 | 00.50 | --040.00 | Gamewiz Police Lieutenant
07) 01,674 | 0,033 | 05.50 | +017.86 | Rooster Police Lieutenant
08) 01,629 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | PowerPrower Police Lieutenant
09) 01,614 | 0,011 | 01.83 | --068.57 | Kaizerwolf Police Lieutenant
10) 01,601 | 0,000 | 00.00 | --100.00 | Sectus Police Lieutenant
11) 01,274 | 0,004 | 00.67 | --055.56 | Narcissy Police Sergeant
12) 01,084 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Calintz Police Sergeant
13) 01,063 | 0,024 | 04.00 | --069.23 | joeyjoah Police Sergeant
14) 00,874 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | ToiletPaper Police Officer
15) 00,834 | 0,006 | 01.00 | -066.67 | zachdamacman Police Officer

Top 5 Gainers::
wallrus - 48
Rooster - 33
joeyjoah - 24
Kaizerwolf - 11
zachdamacman - 6

Top gainers, repeat appearances::
zachdamacman (7)
Rooster (4)
wallrus (3)
Kaizerwolf (2)
joeyjoah (2)

Total gain for week: 135

That's 22.50 per day, or 1.50 per day per member.

========================================
=========
========================================
=========

NGPD Roster as of Jul 17, 2011:

Gentlemen, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" rules. Jonny, check your inbox. That is all.

Milestones::
No milestones made this week.

Promotions::
No promotions this week.

Entering The List::
No new members this week.

Leaving the NGPD::
No members retired this week.

The List:
No. B/P / Gain / Average / Change / Username

01) 02,443 | 0,043 | 07.17 | --010.42 | wallrus Police Captain
02) 02,226 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Spartan204 Police Captain
03) 02,225 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | TailsPrower Police Captain
04) 02,054 | 0,002 | 00.33 | --033.33 | ilikeblamingcrap Police Captain
05) 01,843 | 0,003 | 00.50 | +000.00 | 34Deadman Police Lieutenant
06) 01,807 | 0,000 | 00.00 | --100.00 | Gamewiz Police Lieutenant
07) 01,708 | 0,034 | 05.67 | +003.03 | Rooster Police Lieutenant
08) 01,629 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | PowerPrower Police Lieutenant
09) 01,614 | 0,000 | 00.00 | --100.00 | Kaizerwolf Police Lieutenant
10) 01,601 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Sectus Police Lieutenant
11) 01,275 | 0,001 | 00.17 | --075.00 | Narcissy Police Sergeant
12) 01,114 | 0,051 | 08.50 | +112.50 | joeyjoah Police Sergeant +1
13) 01,084 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | Calintz Police Sergeant -1
14) 00,874 | 0,000 | 00.00 | +000.00 | ToiletPaper Police Officer
15) 00,842 | 0,008 | 01.33 | +033.33 | zachdamacman Police Officer

Top 5 Gainers::
joeyjoah - 51
wallrus - 43
Rooster - 34
zachdamacman - 8
34Deadman - 3

Top gainers, repeat appearances::
zachdamacman (8)
Rooster (5)
wallrus (4)
joeyjoah (3)

Total gain for week: 142

That's 23.67 per day, or 1.58 per day per member.

I hope I didn't fuck anything up.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2011-07-18 11:19:14 Reply

At 7/18/11 01:33 AM, TailsPrower wrote: !!!!!
INCOMING DOUBLE-WHAMMY "TAILS IS A LAZY FUCK" TWIN EDITION ROSTER

If you're a lazy fuck, I wonder what that makes me at this point in time. XD Just had to comment, bro. :p

With that said though, since things have FINALLY settled down somewhat, I'm here to gladly announce for all those who give any little care in the world that I will be returning to active duty in my downtime when possible. :) I've finished moving most of my stuff, and although it was a pretty harrowing experience, it's all done and over with now!

I very much apologize to you all, especially to Tails since I was supposed to be the relief to his Atlas Syndrome to where he didn't have to carry such a burden on his shoulders, but at least he was very understanding to my plight and now should be more than ecstatic that I'm back. :)

Anyways, I'll be browsing through the last few pages real fast to get up to speed, but for the most part it seems nothing has changed from when I left. Will also be on the PF checking that all out too.

Now why I didn't do this before posting...well, see what's quoted at the top and just replace that with Prower and you got a perfect match to the situation. :p For now guys, I'll crawl back under the surface and lurk...and do some b/p while I'm at it to see what all I can do.

and maybe watch tv...though watching isn't quite the word as is 'background noise'...

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake
Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature