New Topic Respond to this Topic
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:05:29 Reply

At 6/2/09 05:57 PM, Techno wrote: Actually, forget it.

Cobra informed me over AIM that i had to make my aura fab for like a week, which i ain't doing, sorry.

That's some motivation right there. Someone is insecure with their masculinity.

XtremeofParanoia
XtremeofParanoia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:07:46 Reply

Cobra informed me over AIM that i had to make my aura fab for like a week, which i ain't doing, sorry.

Too masculine for a little pink? I didn't realize that was part of the initiation. I'm fab by default ;]

Elder
Elder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:07:59 Reply

Ooh, fresh meat.

Techno, we've already got a pinapple ready, there's no backing down now.

Seriously, though, please?

The rest of you, against the wall, hands up. I haven't been growing extra-large watermelons for nothing.
Open wide, because you're gonna scream AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA before the day's over.

SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:09:23 Reply

At 6/2/09 06:05 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:

That's some motivation right there. Someone is insecure with their masculinity.

See? Come on man, it's only for one week. That's all we ask, just one week. I was lucky to join before this rule was implemented. It wasn't even my idea. I think either Spiffy, Lizzardis, Porkchop or someone else cam up with it.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
Toiletpaper
Toiletpaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:27:32 Reply

Ok here we are, a spam flash.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 7979

It has my name in it at the last section, and now I'm wondering why. O.o

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature
Toiletpaper
Toiletpaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:30:14 Reply

At 6/2/09 06:27 PM, Toiletpaper wrote: Ok here we are, a spam flash.

Well that went horribly wrong. Here's the corrected one

I'm a mod!/ Sign up for the NGPD, To Blam and Protect. Post in the thread if you want to join, all new recruits are welcome! :)

BBS Signature
RohantheBarbarian
RohantheBarbarian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:36:56 Reply

At 6/2/09 06:30 PM, Toiletpaper wrote:

Well that went horribly wrong. Here's the corrected one

That flash has a script in it which auto-detects the user who is viewing it and inserts their name into that spot, and curiously also displays their user icon. Simple enough but clever nonetheless, it tends to freak noobs out no end.

Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:49:06 Reply

I think Techno might be gay but denies his personal feelings towards Cobra and Spiffy.

Come on you guys and gals (mostly guys, sausage fest!) show Techno some luving.

I didn't even do the pink aura out of pure ignorance so it's not like I can be done for it now.

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 18:53:46 Reply

At 6/2/09 06:22 PM, Techno wrote: You guys are sad.

I say i won't join because i like the color of my aura as it is, then you insult me? That isn't the way to get new members mate.

Fuck yourselves :P

Lol someone is getting butthurt before even taking the pineapple. If you don't want to take the damn pink aura that's fine with me. It's all in good fun. I will fruit rape you.

Just remember, an initiation isn't suppose to be fun, but then it makes you feel like you are more a part of the group, because you have been through certain things. I would know cause that's how it works in the Marine Corps.

But we insult each other around here all the time, don't take it too seriously.

Hmm yea a note on that. We draw the line very straight with spam. We don't condone mass voting. So anything that can pass as you trying to get us all to blam something is not a good idea.

Usually when we post something in here it's something that is innapropriate/breaks the rules.

And when you think a flash breaks the rules please post it along with proof as to why it is breaking the rules!

Toiletpaper
Toiletpaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 19:07:53 Reply

Oh, I thought that spam was one of the things to post. I'll try to be more careful.

Do I get an extra pineapple?

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 19:15:10 Reply

At 6/2/09 07:06 PM, Techno wrote: Rofl, i finally know what this club is. A bunch of people who think they are trolls but just fail.

Anyway i'm done posting in this shit-hole of a thread.

have fun trying to hide your own sexuality by making fun of others haha

Yeaaaaaaaa.

OK. buh bye! Definitely not much of a loss there.

At 6/2/09 07:07 PM, Toiletpaper wrote: Oh, I thought that spam was one of the things to post. I'll try to be more careful.

Do I get an extra pineapple?

It's all good, that's why you're an apprentice.

I'll spare you the extra pineapple no worries.

ninjakoopa-33
ninjakoopa-33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 19:15:34 Reply

At 6/2/09 04:45 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Ha! I like the way this place is becoming ever so popular.

Surprising, isn't it?

Toiletpaper
Toiletpaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 19:21:19 Reply

At 6/2/09 07:15 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: It's all good, that's why you're an apprentice.

I'll spare you the extra pineapple no worries.

But that was the good part.

BBS Signature
SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 19:59:04 Reply

At 6/2/09 07:06 PM, Techno wrote: Rofl, i finally know what this club is. A bunch of people who think they are trolls but just fail.

Anyway i'm done posting in this shit-hole of a thread.

have fun trying to hide your own sexuality by making fun of others haha

What a frickin' loser. I mean, he had been thinking about joining the NGPD for a while, and he doesn't even give it a chance all because he doesn't want to change his aura? Dumbass. Speaking of the FAB aura, I'd change to it to support Breast Cancer awareness. HELP SAVE SECOND BASE!

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Reader
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 20:02:28 Reply

At 6/2/09 04:34 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: FIVE new probies?

I SHALL BATHE IN THE FABNESS

Strike two for this thread.

Next time I come in here and see the same amount of +1 posting, pic spamming and off-topic banter, I will lock it.

This club already steps on the toes of the premise of the elite guard barracks, and to be a bit frank, having such low standards really doesn't make it that strong of a club. People only cruise through the police rankings in a short amount of time. At least the EGB, once you're in, you stay in for as long as you wish.

If you want to help keep the portal clear of stolen, malicious, and inappropriate flash, then that is what you should be discussing. If there isn't anything breaking the TOS of newgrounds for a day or two, then I would highly recommend not continuing to bump this particular thread with such worthless posts.

If you could say it in an instant message, do not post it. If you are adding a picture you just recently found on another website, don't click "post it".

Other moderators have voiced concern about the thread. I am giving one final chance. Shape up or you'll see a nice read icon next to your thread.

This is a non-negotiable warning.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 1/2/2017] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
EyeLovePoozy
EyeLovePoozy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 20:26:41 Reply

If I come in here and see the same shit going on that you guys have been warned for several times over, you can kiss this thread goodbye. Also, the people that have kept up their behavior after being repeatedly warned will be banned in an excessive fashion whilst being mocked publicly.

pineapples my ass
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 20:38:07 Reply

Alright THAT IS FUCKING IT.

NO more stupid rape threats.

NO more fab aura.

NO more bananas.

NO more ANYTHING.

I should've done something about this a long time ago, but now since the mods are up our asses about this, I'm going Stalin on your asses. From now on, if I see a discussion going out of hand with these immature rampages, I will suspend the user in question from here for however long depending on how pissed off I am. Second time I have to suspend someone, they can pack their stuff, cuz they aint coming back.

I apologize to Techno, and the mods. I should set a better example as a leader and so far I'm failing at it. Please understand though, I have finals coming and can't devote as much time to watching over this thread. I'll do my best to set this place straight and hopefully earn a clean slate overtime.

This shit ends NOW.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 20:48:01 Reply

At 6/2/09 08:02 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 6/2/09 04:34 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: FIVE new probies?

I SHALL BATHE IN THE FABNESS
Strike two for this thread.

Next time I come in here and see the same amount of +1 posting, pic spamming and off-topic banter, I will lock it.

This is a non-negotiable warning.

And it's the EGB member that gets us in trouble lol.

But I do agree I have myself probably gone overboard in the off-topicness lately. Got too excited.

We had this discussion last time and i'll have to pm more about this to Mal. But yea keep it to our purpose for the next few days.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Reader
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 20:58:20 Reply

At 6/2/09 08:48 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: But yea keep it to our purpose for the next few days.

few days? I don't care if I see it tomorrow, next week or next month. Next time is the last time. Period.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥
¥ ♡ ¥
Blag [updated: 1/2/2017] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature
SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 21:06:45 Reply

At 6/2/09 08:58 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 6/2/09 08:48 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: But yea keep it to our purpose for the next few days.
few days? I don't care if I see it tomorrow, next week or next month. Next time is the last time. Period.

Nevermind then, point taken.

I guess this would be a good time to remind our members that we do have a forum for members only that we tend to disregard. This might be a good time to put it to good use.

SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 21:10:11 Reply

I guess. I'm sorry my fellow EGB members, I know I should've acted better than I did, and for disgracing the EGB, I apologize in the sincerest of ways.

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 21:17:00 Reply

At 6/2/09 06:49 PM, Brick-top wrote: I think Techno might be gay but denies his personal feelings towards Cobra and Spiffy.
At 6/2/09 06:05 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: That's some motivation right there. Someone is insecure with their masculinity.
At 6/2/09 06:07 PM, Elder wrote: The rest of you, against the wall, hands up. I haven't been growing extra-large watermelons for nothing.
Open wide, because you're gonna scream AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA before the day's over.

Bricktop, Spiffy,and Elder, you are all hereby suspended - effective immediately - for three days. Posting here prior to the end of your suspension will result in immediate discharge. Do not post acknowledging your suspension or otherwise. If it is urgent, PM me.

At 6/2/09 07:59 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: What a frickin' loser. I mean, he had been thinking about joining the NGPD for a while, and he doesn't even give it a chance all because he doesn't want to change his aura? Dumbass.

Cobra, I request that you never post in here again. There's no other person in here that I had to take more shit from and now I've made up my mind. Since you're not a member I can't suspend you. However, you are no longer welcome in this crew anymore. You clearly demonstrated your lack of maturity over the "recruit" treatment and contributed in putting this whole crew in jeopardy.

Krev, since your involvement in the endangerment of this crew was less significant but still notable, I ask that you not not here until informed otherwise. Furthermore, I request that ALL EGB refrain from post in here until further notice. I will notify the Barracks of what's going on. I need some alone time with the children.

I will leave a warning to everyone else who was involved in the defamation of this once glorious establishment. Never had I imagined that such a wonderful place like this would go down in disgrace. It saddens me how some people can't handle a little bit of freedom. Don't worry though, I'll be around to fix that.

To still-pending recruits, I'm sorry about the inconvenience, but I won't be responding to applications until the situation has stabilized. Until then, all request to join will be put on hold.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 21:32:51 Reply

To help bring closure to the incident at hand, I order every member involved in this recruitment incident to send Techno ONE sincere apology PM. I'm going all out on this. Either every single one of us shapes up or this crew will die trying. To set an example I already sent one myself on behalf of all of you and I told him to expect more messages. You all should be feeling pretty bad so it shouldn't be too hard. Cobra, if you have a shred of humility left in you, you ought to do the same.

Now get to it. I'll find out from Techno who's willing to stay in the NGPD.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
ninjakoopa-33
ninjakoopa-33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-02 21:52:45 Reply

At 6/2/09 09:17 PM, TailsPrower wrote: To still-pending recruits, I'm sorry about the inconvenience, but I won't be responding to applications until the situation has stabilized. Until then, all request to join will be put on hold.

Understood sir. I'd hate to see such a good place like this be locked.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-03 00:20:26 Reply

Alright, I've never done this before, but I'm declaring a 3 day cool-off period so everyone can settle down. I'll minimize posting here until Friday of this week. I suggest others try to minimize posting here as well. A lot of shit's been going on, and I think it'd be in our best interest to gather ourselves before confronting the issues. I'll still check by to see what's going on. Do not be alarmed if this thread falls of the first page of the forum.

Take it easy guys... we need to take a break.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-04 20:05:42 Reply

At 6/2/09 09:17 PM, TailsPrower wrote: Bricktop, Spiffy,and Elder, you are all hereby suspended - effective immediately - for three days.
Cobra, I request that you never post in here again.
Furthermore, I request that ALL EGB refrain from posting in here until further notice. I will notify the Barracks of what's going on. I need some alone time with the children.
I will leave a warning to everyone else who was involved in the defamation of this once glorious establishment.

.....I go away for a week and THIS happens!? Jesus fucking christ!

OK, I'll save my thoughts on this for when Tails gets back to everyone, hopefully later today (it's Friday where I am now). For now I just have this to ask:

To still-pending recruits, I'm sorry about the inconvenience, but I won't be responding to applications until the situation has stabilized. Until then, all request to join will be put on hold.

Does this mean the new recruits, who were on probation when this was written, will have to apply again when this has been sorted out, or are they still on probation and will simply have to stay on it until the issues here have been fixed?

Either way, and as sad as it is to see the NGPD practically shut down like this, I'll still be here to help with whatever I can do to get it out of the mess it's in now.

TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Voice Actor
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-04 20:59:37 Reply

well, you can help by posting maturely. I'm not saying you aren't, but keep that in mind. We can't afford to act retarded and care-free like we used to. The mods are really cracking down on us and we need to change how we act around here. Some casual discussion is allowed but from now on I will not hesitate to be the killjoy if I feel that the situation is going out of hand.

I personally think that if we stay on their good side long enough, they'll give us a clean slate. I mean, they can't hold this against us forever right? This place can be enjoyed without half our members acting like eccentric dumbfucks.

Also, it isn't Friday here in the U.S yet so tomorrow we'll resume operations. As for the apprentices, their deadline will be moved back three days accordingly. It's no big deal.

Happily ETS'd.
Sig by Cordyceps

BBS Signature
sinskae
sinskae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-04 23:48:19 Reply

Alright, I have been gone several days due to finals in school and some other things. I have read what has gone on..and quite frankly I am appalled at what has gone on. I'm happy to see it has been handled in a professional manner (thanks Tails) and that now we can move on from this and act with a little more maturity and respect. This is the bottom line gentlemen: this is our last chance. One more fuck-up and this will be done. Finished. We need to do out own part and clean up our actions. I apologize to you Tails and to my fellow members for creating some of the immature banter and it will not happen again.

In other news, we have a new user posing as Adult Swim.com http://aduitswim.newgrounds.com/ He is just posting spam. Anyone care to report it? I'm not sure who to P.M. other than Wade.

And I will be going to a leadership camp from June 6th-12th. I will not have computer access (at least I don't think) SpiffyMasta, I will P.M. you with my stuff for while I am gone. Goodnight gentlemen; tomorrow is a new day where we can move on from this.

ninjakoopa-33
ninjakoopa-33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-05 00:18:13 Reply

At 6/4/09 11:57 PM, AduItSwim wrote:
At 6/4/09 11:48 PM, sinskae wrote: In other news, we have a new user posing as Adult Swim.com http://aduitswim.newgrounds.com/ He is just posting spam. Anyone care to report it? I'm not sure who to P.M. other than Wade.
Not fake. I'm the games producer for Adult Swim and we did indeed upload that. Tom knows about it. I also posted a confirmation on the Adult Swim messageboards with my admin account there so...it's legit! We are the real deal. Really really. Tom knows all about it.

(Sorry Tails. I know it is not yet Friday, though I had to just had to say something.)

You claim to be the real AdultSwim, yet you're using this other AduItSwim account. Something is wrong here.

What I don't get is the "Amateur Pilot" game. If you look here, you see that there is "Amateur Surgeon", yet there is no such game as "Amateur Pilot". How do you explain that?

ninjakoopa-33
ninjakoopa-33
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-05 00:30:00 Reply

At 6/5/09 12:21 AM, AduItSwim wrote: I'm just the games dept. I dunno what I'm even looking at in those accounts.

http://adultswim.newgrounds.com/
In this account, you find the "Amateur Surgeon" and "5 Min. to Kill (Yourself)" games. Both of these are legit, so there's no problem with that.

http://aduitswim.newgrounds.com/
In this one, you find the "Amateur Pilot" game, which I find questionable as to whether it is legit or not.

If you look at the games index on adultswim.com, you see that "Amateur Pilot" doesn't exist. The index is in alphabetical order, so it should be there in front of "Amateur Surgeon", if it was indeed a real game.