00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

987,962 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 13:53:54

I second the idea of waiting/bussing. Anything that gets you tips is a good way to start off.
Have you done a ton of volunteering so far through school or whatnot? That can help you get in places.

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 14:22:02

Not to derail the topic, but someone forgot the roster yesterday.

Also, thanks for seconding the my idea Krev, I work at Allen & Son Pit Cooked BBQ and Keith (my boss) will take orders from anywhere. I've seen orders from Los Angeles, CA. However, the cost is a pretty penny. Course, it was like 10 lbs of BBQ, 14 dozen hush puppies, 15 pints or quarts of slaw, big order. And the cost was something like $232.78, but yea, you just might try it Krev.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 14:38:08

At 5/31/09 01:44 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote:
- Bank teller
My sister is a bank teller, she says it's really good. Plus, it's something like 10$ an hour for sitting on your ass.

You get paid $10 an hour for sitting on your ass? Hot damn! That's the kind of job for me =P

I, personally, am a DJ. Banging ass job, but hard to get. I was in an interview group of 30 people and only two got hired. I guess I'm just that good :P

Sounds like a cool job. How long have you had this job?

At 5/31/09 02:22 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Not to derail the topic, but someone forgot the roster yesterday.

Roster? Could someone please explain this to me?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 14:48:40

Well, every saturday since i joined, Insanimation did a weekly roster. Then when he went on to the EGB, X-TERRORIST-X and Lizzardis have chosen to pick up the slack. The roster simply keeps track of all who are still members of the NGPD, their rank, their Gain of B/P per day, the top five B/Pers of the week, apprentices, things like that.

That good enough for you Koopa?

Speaking of Ninjas, where the fuck is NWS? Haven't seen him in a while. :\

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 15:05:01

At 5/31/09 02:48 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: That good enough for you Koopa?

Sure is!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 16:16:48

Sorry about the roster.

I have strep throat and really didn't feel like doing it. I should have posted so maybe Lizzardis could have done it, because now his is going to be a real pain in the ass next week :/

sorry again

--------------- "Disrespect women and acquire currency" ---------------

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 16:39:41

At 5/31/09 04:24 PM, Lizzardis wrote: Is everyone OK with that? Oh and X, next time you have an illness, at least come on here and give me a quick PM OK buddy?

Yea, np. Sorry about that.

I hope this strep doesn't last as long as the last time I had it, I missed a week of school then :/

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 16:40:15

Not exactly sure how to apply here, but I'd like to help the NGPD in taking down the countless spam submissions that are sent in to Newgrounds each day.

Please PM or respond to this post if I need to include any relevant information pertaining to joining the force.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 17:39:18

In your opinions, a flash (not instantly spawning popups) with only the text "visit my website" & with the description a direct URL to said website and orders to visit it, is it just plain rubbish, or is it whistle-worthy and under which category?

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 17:53:06

At 5/31/09 05:39 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 7711

well, it's already blammed, so no worries. throwing my two cents in on the job discussion, i recently got a job at perkins, busing tables. it's pretty temporary, but it's not hard to do and i get money for it, so i don't mind. tails, have you tried applying to kings, safeway, etc? assuming you have them where you live, they're in a labour dispute, so they're hiring people like mad.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 18:08:22

At 5/31/09 04:43 PM, Lizzardis wrote:
Good luck.
-----------------------------------
Oh my god. 3 new recruits in a week! Thats amazing! This place is becoming quite popular!

This is turning out to be the best week ever for me and my trusty pineapple.

Sorry I missed out on some good conversations apparently last night, I was drinking and chilling out with some friends. We went to the beach cause it was gorgeous outside (in the 80s) and no clouds. My buddy said he checked the weather and said it was suppose to be 75 at the beach. So we drive down there at like 3 or 4, it's about an hour away from my house. We get there and there's fucking fog. Thick as hell, and it's about 50 degrees.

I look at my buddy and ask him when did you check the weather?

Two days ago.

I slapped him upside the head. We drove further south to see if it was the same way, and there was fog everywhere, maybe 400 yards inland. Sucked balls. We kind of stayed at the beach for an hour,l played some football and drank some beers, but then I was like screw this, it's nicer at my place. Hopped in the car and went back home.

Got back at 7 sat on the porch in the sun, smoked a cigar and drank some more.

Should've stayed home dammit. Stupid coast.

Good times though.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 18:51:49

I think new recruits should walk through fire and eat raw potato.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 19:05:33

At 5/31/09 06:51 PM, Brick-top wrote: I think new recruits should walk through fire and eat raw potato.

I second this motion.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 19:53:15

At 5/31/09 06:51 PM, Brick-top wrote: I think new recruits should walk through fire and eat raw potato.

I would, unfortunately I'm Irish, not Russian. My people have a grudge against potatoes ever since...

La Cucaracha plays

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 20:04:31

Don't we go through enough already?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 20:04:37

Now I've seen Terminator 4.

Would anyone like some lovely spoilers?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 20:19:12

At 5/31/09 08:04 PM, Brick-top wrote: Now I've seen Terminator 4.

Would anyone like some lovely spoilers?

I'm seeing it this weekend.

So no spoilers, but how about a grading? On a scale of 1 - 10, what would you give it?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 20:21:49

How about NO!

Also, the probies are tortured enough, but not enough to walk on hot coals. The potato is just somewhat pushing it, I mean, who would pay for their dental bills?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 20:25:49

At 5/30/09 10:01 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Welcome to the NGPD, officer!

Thank you very much sir!

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 20:49:03

At 5/31/09 08:19 PM, X-TERRORIST-X wrote: So no spoilers, but how about a grading? On a scale of 1 - 10, what would you give it?

Just one tiny little spoiler?

One the scale I'll give it a 7.

Be prepared to smile near the end. You're in for a HUGE plot twist.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 21:42:51

At 5/31/09 08:49 PM, Brick-top wrote:
Be prepared to smile near the end. You're in for a HUGE plot twist.

the terminator becomes the guvanator!

oh wait...

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 21:59:21

At 5/31/09 09:42 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: the terminator becomes the guvanator!

oh wait...

haha. Oh well since you can find out this info on IMDB I think it's safe to say Schwarzenegger didn't want to be in this movie. W

Now carefully read what I just said and take it into consideration. That's all I'm saying.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-05-31 22:19:22

i have a vague guess, but i don't want to spoil the movie if i'm right.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-01 01:07:42

At 5/31/09 04:40 PM, XtremeofParanoia wrote: Please PM or respond to this post if I need to include any relevant information pertaining to joining the force.

Your posts vary a lot in length and quality, but on a whole your recent ones look pretty good. I'm prepared to allow you through to the apprentice stage, a probation period of seven days in which me and Tails judge your contribution to the portal and the Department in general, and at the end make a decision about whether we want to allow you in or not. Check out the FAQ in Tails' sig if you want to read more about it.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-01 02:26:01

At 6/1/09 01:07 AM, mwmike wrote: Check out the FAQ in Tails' sig if you want to read more about it.

Will do. Thanks for the consideration.

/salute

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-01 04:40:32

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1065 828/13

I don't know if any of you know this but there's been a bit of a rise over whether or not the Mods are or are not abusing their power. I was thinking since all the members of the NGPD are the prime examples of a good poster. Do you think you are wrongfully banned at any time by a mod when you should be given more of a chance due to your history? or in your opinions are the Mods doing a good job in the forums?

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-01 06:30:23

At 6/1/09 04:40 AM, Sawke wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1065 828/13

I don't know if any of you know this but there's been a bit of a rise over whether or not the Mods are or are not abusing their power. I was thinking since all the members of the NGPD are the prime examples of a good poster. Do you think you are wrongfully banned at any time by a mod when you should be given more of a chance due to your history? or in your opinions are the Mods doing a good job in the forums?

Eh, personally, I'm hardly banned as it is. Hell, the last ban I got could easily be over a month ago. I feel that they're doing a decent job, there's always room for improvement. I know damn well that the next time I get B&, i'll have most likely deserved it. That said, it'd be unfair of us to use a posting history that other, newer users havent attained to get out of what could very well be a rightful ban.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-01 12:07:21

At 5/31/09 04:40 PM, XtremeofParanoia wrote: Not exactly sure how to apply here, but I'd like to help the NGPD in taking down the countless spam submissions that are sent in to Newgrounds each day.

Please PM or respond to this post if I need to include any relevant information pertaining to joining the force.

Now bend over for the initiation.

Normally I agree that the probies suffer enough, but I'm a spiteful bastard. Where's Porkchop and his rape shoes?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-01 13:14:12

I want to watch a movie but I don't know which.

Any suggestions of movies that have been released recently would be helpful.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-06-01 13:22:48

At 6/1/09 01:14 PM, Brick-top wrote: I want to watch a movie but I don't know which.

Any suggestions of movies that have been released recently would be helpful.

In theaters? If so, I'd say you should go watch Terminator: Salvation. It's gotten a lot of mixed reviews, but it's a relatively good movie worth watching even if you're not a fan of the Terminator series.

If I'm wrong, I.O.U. one handjob.

Also, Valkyrie recently came out on DVD. You might have already watched it but WATCH IT AGAIN DAMMIT! D:< The only drawback is that there's strangely no special features on the DVD at all, but who cares about special features, anyways?

Newgrounds | PM me for a forum signature

BBS Signature