00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Police Dept.

986,516 Views | 16,867 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-04 23:46:12

At 3/4/09 07:55 PM, KrevZabijak wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5811
The audio is from Family Guy, and the author did not credit it as such.
It also seems that he attempted to alter the pitch/tempo of the audio so it would seem as if it was his.

Thoughts on whistling or not?

I personally would let this one slide. I mean people often put music in their flash and dont credit the authors (not strictly legal but no one gives a fuck, all things considered). I wouldn't risk losing whistle points on that.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 09:39:09

At 3/4/09 04:28 PM, TailsPrower wrote: ZOMG Slash is back! The good news is that people here are really on the look out stolen submissions and it's showing results. I tell ya, it's like a viral trend or something. It's great to see you around the PD again, Slash.

Yeah, I need to drop in more often.

Another thing y'all can do is keep an eye on flash that appear to be gunning for weekly awards through less-than-honest means. I'm trying to encourage Barracks member to honestly and helpfully review suspect spam flash, both to counteract the spammers' mass ten-reviewing and to set a good example to the Newgrounders who write them abusive reviews (which go on to be deleted, leaving only the perfect tens by the author and their friends/alts).

If you see anything like that, either post it to the Barracks or this news post. Remember that a flash needs thirty reviews to be eligible for Review Crew Pick or Underdog, so if something only has two ten-reviews, it's not much of a threat.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 13:21:36

***STOLEN FLASH ALERT***

STOLEN:

ORIGINAL:
http://www.gamesofdesire.com/hentai/offi ce-pranks/

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1

Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 15:00:40

At 3/5/09 01:21 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: ***STOLEN FLASH ALERT***

STOLEN:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5880
ORIGINAL:

Even though that has passed, I wouldn't flag it. GamesOfDesire never mention who the author is or when it was added. It's highly likely that it was added a few days ago, and it was from the same author. Just because something exists elsewhere on the internet, it doesn't mean that it is stolen, so you usually need some more evidence to back your claim up.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 15:31:11

Sorry, but look at when the one on GamesOfDesire.com was added:

December 9th, 2008

see? That, and the guy who has been uploading the Meet 'N' Fuck games is VadimGod

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 15:42:59

At 3/5/09 01:21 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: ***STOLEN FLASH ALERT***

STOLEN:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5880
ORIGINAL:

Passed. Abusive review at the top is flaggable

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 15:51:12

Like I said, I'm sorry, and you don't need to rub it in. I was merely acting on instinct and was acting in what I thought would be in the best interest of the portal and all of NG. Is that so bad?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 16:00:11

At 3/5/09 03:51 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Like I said, I'm sorry, and you don't need to rub it in. I was merely acting on instinct and was acting in what I thought would be in the best interest of the portal and all of NG. Is that so bad?

Doing what you think would be in the best interest of the portal isn't bad at all. Making abusive reviews about stolen submissions, however, should not be done. I have seen you making several reviews mentioning that certain submissions have been stolen, and this habit has to stop. If you don't stop then I wouldn't be surprised if you received a review ban.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 16:18:03

At 3/4/09 03:21 PM, Eroth221 wrote: And hey I-Love-Caitlyn!!! Is there an easier name to address you by?

Yeah IlC is probably the easiest way to address me. But yeah i know it's a long name so really your not the first one to ask that.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 16:32:57

Hey guys..How are we all?

We may, or may not, have a minor problem..Y'see, I'm off directing a short film that I wrote over the weekend. This isn't the sorta thing you just do messing around with your friends, this is for a workshop, and will be shown at a film festival (not a big one though..). So, essentially, I'm not sure how easy it will be to make a roster on Saturday. iIt is quite probable that I'll find time, but if not, it may have to extend to either Sunday or later..If anyone wants to try to make a roster while I'm gone, I'd be happy to let them, but I really don't think it'll be essential, I should be able to get it done, hopefully..

Just thought I'd let you know in advance.

GOTPENMUSTFLASH!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 16:38:12

At 3/5/09 04:32 PM, Insanimation wrote: If anyone wants to try to make a roster while I'm gone

If you could send me your spreadsheet, then I'd be more than happy to have an attempt at creating a roster. I couldn't promise anything perfect, but I can try.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 16:55:52

At 3/5/09 04:00 PM, mwmike wrote:
At 3/5/09 03:51 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Like I said, I'm sorry, and you don't need to rub it in. I was merely acting on instinct and was acting in what I thought would be in the best interest of the portal and all of NG. Is that so bad?
Doing what you think would be in the best interest of the portal isn't bad at all. Making abusive reviews about stolen submissions, however, should not be done. I have seen you making several reviews mentioning that certain submissions have been stolen, and this habit has to stop. If you don't stop then I wouldn't be surprised if you received a review ban.

Yea, you're right mike, I just get carried away sometimes. Usually I keep my cool and whatnot, but if I'm really irritated or something, I just tend to lose control. .....................I really need to learn to keep my mouth shut sometimes. T_T Sorry everyone.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 17:05:40

No, haven't seen hide-nor-hair nor heard so much as a peep outta him, "where'd that little bastard go?" (Four Swords Misadventures 4) ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 18:22:50

Alright, I am sensing soome serious tension between SlntCobra and Lizzardis. Guys, cut it out before you start a flame war. Now that that's in the open, not all games have dto have the name of the sie for the author, I mean, some sites are like Newgrounds, where games are submitted from outside sources. That is why you don't go "OHHH! STOL3N!!!" unless the site says it has full copyright laws over it. Then, blow your whistle away. Tutorial over, good day sirs.

I SAID GOOD DAY!

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 18:39:38

Got it, Ninja. I also didn't see anything regarding that the "author" had any rights to the game at all. Not only that, he made himself the "author" when I think it should have been "other" or "producer" or something like that. But, oh well, what's done is done, and it is what it is.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 19:45:05

Sorry about the double post, but this seriously needs to be pulled from the portal.

it is just sad, inhumane, disturbing, unhealthy, and sickening in so many ways. I'm going to flag this as inappropriate.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 22:03:30

Seriously, that was revolting. That is quite possibly illegal, and needs to be alerted to Tom and Wade immediatly. Anyone able to help with this? Because the idiotic mass of NG thinks that it is "cute" and therefore it has passed without repurcussion, however serious action NEEDS to be taken.

That's right, we can be mature at times :)

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 23:34:02

Thanks for backing me up Ninja, that means a lot. I blew my whistle on in and I hope it got pulled.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 23:37:59

So whats up around here? Been on the bbs awhile but havent been through the portal in alittle bit. But i did get a few points points in.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 23:42:13

Well, the portal's the usual, but the bad flashes are getting worse. I mean, we have a multitude of amazing flashes, but as usually, we have the spam of shit. Some recent "popular" topics include: Real Dead Babies, Nazis, Torture, Flashing Profanity, and then the tame stuff. Ugh, if it wasn't for the good animator's, the portal would wreck Newgrounds. You know, the usual.

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-05 23:53:17

At 3/5/09 07:45 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Sorry about the double post, but this seriously needs to be pulled from the portal.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5937
it is just sad, inhumane, disturbing, unhealthy, and sickening in so many ways. I'm going to flag this as inappropriate.

That's pretty fucked up, I'm not gonna lie. That is undeniably abusive and SHOULD be taken off ASAP. Good call cobra.

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 00:40:55

At 3/5/09 11:53 PM, TailsPrower wrote:
At 3/5/09 07:45 PM, SlntCobra1 wrote: Sorry about the double post, but this seriously needs to be pulled from the portal.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5937
That's pretty fucked up, I'm not gonna lie. That is undeniably abusive and SHOULD be taken off ASAP. Good call cobra.

*sniff sniff* Y'all are really great, I am just irritated that it wasn't pulled. I blew my whistle on it and it still passed. Why? It's sick, sadistic, in fact, it's almost to a point where the "author" is turning into a SADIST and that is someone who gets off on some seriously twisted sick fucked-up shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 01:14:26

At 3/6/09 12:40 AM, SlntCobra1 wrote: *sniff sniff* Y'all are really great, I am just irritated that it wasn't pulled.

I've sent a PM to Wade about it, and (hopefully) he'll read it sometime this week. If you want some extra whistlepower then mention it in the EGB and DoD as well as here, that way more people will see it, and usually EGB users have gold or Deity whistles.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 06:30:10

At 3/6/09 02:31 AM, Lizzardis wrote:!

I can't say i'm not scared....

Yeah shit i was always alittle nervous going to school during exam time. But after it was all said and done i did decent half the time. But you should do fine so i wish ya luck.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 11:14:13

Hey! The poor feet thing got deleted.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/485937Props to our, and the other departments for all the PMing. Cobra did a lot of work on getting that down working with the mods and PMing the requisite people.
Props to everyone *opens champagne bottle, and orange juice for the non-drinkers*

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 11:25:46

YAY THAT SICK DISTURBING FLASH IS DEAD!! *takes a champagne glass and pours some 1952 Merlot into it* CHEERS!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 12:16:51

nuts, no whistle points for me. I still think that one flash I posted should get me up to at least a silver whistle. :\

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 15:01:36

At 3/6/09 11:29 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Hey guys i found a stolen flash....FROM OUR STAFF PAGE!!!!!

***STOLEN***
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5997
***ORIGINAL***
http://www.newgrounds.com/staff

Lol that guy is a n00b!

I knew I'd seen that here... but couldn't find the source quick enough to quote it in my whistle.
*shakes fist* :D

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 17:16:01

A new [FF] flash.. needs to be constructivly reviewed to prevent it winning crew pick or underdog...

N.G.P.D-Official Probie

I Has A Carrot!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Police Dept. 2009-03-06 17:36:34

At 3/6/09 05:16 PM, TheDeathReaperIsBack wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 6025
A new [FF] flash.. needs to be constructivly reviewed to prevent it winning crew pick or underdog...

I'd say that we'd be best to just observe that for now, as I've never actually seen any solid evidence of the Faggots mass-voting, unlike a lot of the other spam crews. Since it doesn't hold much of a meaning, who gets Underdog isn't too important. Turd is stolen more often than any other award, though even if we stop one spam Flash from gaining it, it's almost guaranteed that another spam Flash will gain it. If it seems like they're going to reach RCP, then we will review it, if not, then it may just be a waste of time.

BBS Signature