00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Religion is stupid

9,957 Views | 192 Replies

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 17:46:09

Time to deride the river, with Gorillas in Acuras.
The way you move is a mystery.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 18:33:44

At 3/16/08 05:40 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
So why be a catholic if you believe some of your precepts are wrong?
Because I believe that there are more correct precepts in Catholicism than in any other religion.
Simple.

So by that exact same logic, if tomorrow I made up a religion that was Catholicism but without all the part you don't agree with, you would be bound by your logic to join it. I shall call it Catholicism2000.

Men are imperfect. The writers of the Bible didn't claim to be. We're working on getting ot the real message

That's a load of bullshit. You're saying that you don't know what the fuck the bible says? Fuck man, either you think it's the word of God or you don't, get a clue. And if it is, why the HELL would it be ambiguous? God is such a dumbass that he doesn't care if people write down his dicated ideas all screwy?
Again if you had studied your own religion's history and the history of the bible, you'd find that it is heavily edited and largely derived from popular pagean myths from the time and so on, it has nothing to do with the word of God and is filled with outright lies and historical inacuracies of staggering proportions.

Yoink

That link only shows that there is a slow gradual shift in faith in america and not even on a personal level but just based on the general population. It doesn't show that any Christians are suddenly becoming muslims, which is what I want you to show me. Maybe you didn't understand well.

You asked me for "a single reason to believe in a religion". I gave it to you, regardless of what you might believe in as well.

Just because you don't understand how the brain's chemistry can produce feelings doesn't mean there is a God.

Oh. You mean the atheist's version? Naw, I'll pass.

A historian's version. And how are YOU not biased? All of a sudden you won't read about your religion unless it's people of your own religion who write it?
Still fine, go dig up historical records of what they did during the middle ages and the 16th and 17th century. I guess historians are biased too right? haha

K, lemme tell you what I said back there: there are limits. If and when clapping your hands constitutes an invasion of another person's privacy and/or offends an elevated amount of people, then

You don't realise that this varies for every person yet a religion cannot vary from person to person since IT'S THE WORD OF GOD. How can God have a different word for every person? How can everyone correctly interpret it and yet come to have wildly different view points and behavior?

To give them the main idea, then give them the choice to go farther on the religious path, or pass.

So I suggest that you raise your kids as Muslims, to give them the main idea of Islam, and then when they are older, you can teach them the catholic faith.
How bout it? If you think it's not utterly mentally dishonest to teach one specific religion to a kid, go ahead and do it.

Again, your opinion.

Show me the stats that show lots of adults convert to religion. Adults tend to LOSE their religion, not gain religion. Smart people are overwhelmingly Atheist. That's a fact and it's NOT a coincidence nor my "opinion".

More general assumptions. For such an un-ignorant fellow, you do strive to appear as such.

So do I need to quote all the violence advocated in the bible now? Is that how it works? And then you try and say "oh ok but when he said it's ok to rape women, he was just being metaphorical, like he meant you have to LOVE women".

The dispute here is whether he exists or not, not whether or not I understand him :/

Well you presume to know which parts of the bible he meant as metaphore when people far smarter, older and more educated than you seem to think those parts are litteral. I refer you to one Kent Hovind, who is creationist who LITERALLY believe the earth was created in 6 days and who, I assure you, is far smarter and devious than you can imagine.
Here's a debate with him in it if you care to watch one of these days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cffk0zQ3 3k&feature=related

God, on the other hand, says no such thing, so I'm all for Him.

have fun: http://www.cybercollege.com/antiwoman.ht m

I'm telling you that if that religious belief is openly violent, in an entirely literal sense, then yes, I don't respect that particular religious belief.

See this is where you dissociate religion from bad behavior yet still associate it with good behavior. Suddenly when it calls for something you don't like, then it's a bad religion. When it sounds alright to you, then it's a good religion.
Again, you judge the merit of a faith-based concept based on your narrow view of ethics. I mean that's staggeringly nonsensical for pretty much every reason :O

No, that's actually the way that leads you to be suspicious of pretty much everything, and end up not knowing anything.

Says the man who suspiciously doesn't want to check out "atheist" sources on his religion. Of course that's because you're actually an ignorant person whereas a skeptic is someone who becomes incredibly wise quickly because the very nature of his belief system is to be extremely curious and inquisitive and to listen to everyone and look at everything and accept nothing at face value like some fucktard.

Ah. So the folks that didn't tear holes in their skin, reach past their rib cages, and pull out their hearts, were executed? Smooth.

Wow someone never read about Galileo apparently. I guess high school in Italy doesn't teach about famous Italians.

Oh. So we're supposed to shun religion, because one single person blows himself up? Uhm...no.

Hum, yes? Religion clearly doesn't produce good things that only it can produce, and it can produce bad things that only it can produce.
A famous example is to say "Show me one good deed that a religious person has done that couldn't have been done by an atheist" and "then show me an evil deed that was done by a religious person that couldn't have been done by an atheist" ( ex: witch hunts, suicide bombing, ritualistic mutilation of women etc. )

Again and again and again I hear this argument that since religion doesn't harm you, it's great. It's a mental poison that produces mental dinosaurs. Religion belongs to the middle ages.

Tell me what you know about San Marcellino, possibly without googling him.

Even while googling him I can't find anything, so my guess is that he's some local Italian dude who didn't do anything anyone should give a shit about. To think that I, living in Canada, should somehow know about him is pretty retarded.

Pft. Bull. They think I'm a person with different religious beliefs, not a morally corrput one.

Well we can't ask them, but suffice to say a great number of religious people think that people of other religion are going straight to hell.

Fortunately, not all that much is asked.

Again with you saying you know what God thinks all the while saying I couldn't possibly understand him.

Technically, all you have to do is ask for forgiveness (not just because you fear Hell, obviously), and you're saved.

What you have to do is REPENT TRUTHFULLY. I hope you understand this. It's very hard to do. Just going out and being a dick and then getting the "ok" from some random priest isn't enough.

Oh, please teach me the story of Protestantism and other such historical wonders!

Go nuts: http://www.saint-mike.org/apologetics/qa /Answers/Spiritual_Warfare/s0206130044.h tml
Suffice to say that it wasn't kept just between you and the priest and that some very bad things happened to some decent folks because they placed their trust in the confidentiality of confession.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 18:45:10

At 3/16/08 05:40 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
Alas, that's the world we live in. For time off work, that's what you'll require.

But you're doing it too. You're saying your religion, religion X, is better than other people's religion. In fact by adhering to that religion, you're automatically saying that their religion is worse than yours and that if they weren't so ignorant, they'd join up with yours. That's automaticly implired just as me believing that Ford cars are the best means I believe other people should drive Ford, even though their current car might be fine. It's still not as great as mine.

Nope. Guess it's up tothe company he works for to decide how much work he can skip, I guess.

So there, you'd tell him to fuck off with his batman suit.

If you have to teach your kid not to stick figners in electrical outlets, do you spank him when he does, or give him a frontal lobotomy...?

Do you cut off a little bit of his penis?

"Don't touch the electrical wire, or you'll die."
Psycological torture?

Woah woah there. Hell IS MENTAL TORTURE. You are telling a young credulous child he will BURN IN HELL FOREVER if he displeases you.
LIke, HOLY FUCKING SHIT are you serious? Hell is the worst thing that could happen to anyone. Hitler is in hell. You're basically saying to you kids that they will get what Hitler got if they don't do what you tell them.

That is blatant mental terrorism, if you can't understand this you are willfully ignorant of psychology and you clearly don't understand the concept of AN ETERNITY IN HELL very well...

Murder attempt. Assault.

Assault, there good word. Circumcision is assault on a child, pure and simple.

Torture is harm for harm's sake, obviously.

No, torture has many reasons. But that's not important right now.

No, religion is stupid BECAUSE THEY CAN'T SHOW GOD EXISTS.
Oh. I supposethis is the part where I tell you to prove to me that He doesn't.

You don't get logic very well do you?
YOU CLAIM THAT GOD EXISTS. That's your claim. YOU MAKE THIS CLAIM BY BEING CATHOLIC. You are saying "I AM CATHOLIC BECAUSE I THINK GOD EXIST".
Show me.

If I say " Women are pure evil, they must die" you will ask proof. Yet you don't want to give any proof yourself? You giant hypocrite. Don't you see what the whole point of this debate is? You take something up ON FAITH.
YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO DO THIS. It's completely and utterly dishonest. YOU ARE LYING TO YOURSELF AND TO EVERYONE YOU TRY TO CONVERT.
You are lying to you kid if you raise him catholic.
LYING. Yet in your religion, right there, 10 commandments "you shall not lie".

I can't :/ Greetings, for all the fuck I know.

Right also you have to give me all your money. Prove that you don't have to.
my paypal: poxpowee10@hotmail.com
Awaiting money, since you blindly believe in everythin you can't disprove ( which is 100% of everything ever, sadly for you )

There are no medical benefits and there are sexual drawbacks to it. And it hurts like HELL.
Kudos.

Yeah that's a really fucking neutral source, a site that advocates circumcision. Can't find some from a medical journal or something?
Well here's some: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_ana lysis_of_circumcision#Possible_Complicat ions_of_Circumcision

That article is longer than my dick but it gets the point across.

Go down to this section here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_ana lysis_of_circumcision#Costs_and_Benefits

Clearly we woudl benefit from stopping this seemingly harmless assault on baby penises.
The medical benefits are a myth. At BEST it does nothing.

Necessary? No. A show of faith? Yes.

Well forced bodily mutilation to show faith is pretty common in the most primitive tribal religions of Africa and South America, so good job!

When it comes to circumcision, if those people haven't been subject to it? Uhm...yes.

Yeah, fuck doctors. Did you know that you can grow it back? Wath Penn and Teller's bullshit episode about it to see a circumcised dude who grew it back. Apparently his opinion is that you're a dumbass and HE was circumcised too! Also like 3 times your age so at face value I'd tend to take his opinion over yours since you don't have non-religious arguments for it anyways.

Haven't had the time to prepare myself for death.

Ok well when you are ready, tell me and I'll shoot you in the face so you can go to Heaven faster.

The simple fact that you believe in an afterlife doesn't mean that you welcome it with open arms at any point of your life.

Ok so you believe that right now, if you were to die, you would not get into Heaven?
because so far I have yet to see a religious person of any faith think they are not going to go to Heaven. I see them telling everyone ELSE they're going to hell, but themselves? Never.

So yeah, why are you debating on the internet then? Shouldn't you be in Church RIGHT NOW begging to be forgiven? What if a tree falls on your house!? You'll go to hell!

Ah. Touchè. Your logical, rational response to why you made this grand promotion of hostility (a.k.a. religion thread), is that you know what you're supposed to do. More so (*gasp!*) than I do.

Yeah that's because I'm a moderator and you're not and I have been here for 5 years straight so that tends to make the the expert.
And here you will go thinking that since I mentionned I'm a moderator I think I'm super-great for it and all that bullshit.
Man I'm tired of this crap, every time I get in ANY debate with ANYONE they bring up the fact that I'm a moderator like it had anything to do with it.

I'm a user of this forum same as you, I can do the same things anyone can.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 18:47:58

At 3/16/08 05:41 PM, MickTheChampion wrote:
I also prefer alcohol; it's much more of a social drug

My cousin has a beer bottle collection, there's like 500 different ones in there...
I'm jealous. I want that.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 18:55:46

Way to strawman religon

This site gives 1.1 cup of food for each click

Please spread it around

http://www.thehungersite.com

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 19:04:29

At 3/16/08 06:33 PM, poxpower wrote:
So by that exact same logic, if tomorrow I made up a religion that was Catholicism but without all the part you don't agree with, you would be bound by your logic to join it.

Probably not, namely just because you just made it up, and you're not known to be a creator of morally sound religions...or of any religion, for that matter :/

You're saying that you don't know what the fuck the bible says?

No. What I actually said was "We're working on getting to the real message". Which means that we have a general idea, as did the people who first wrote the Bible itself, and throughout the years we've attempted to define that idea as best we can.

Again if you had studied your own religion's history and the history of the bible, you'd find that it is heavily edited and largely derived from popular pagean myths

So...I don't know the fact that the Roman god "Mitra", conceived about a hundred of years before Christ, was born on the 25th of December? Or that the "stella maris", a known depiction of the Virgin Mary, bears undeniable similarities to Isis, the Motherly Goddess of the first century b.C. and a.D.? :/

For the third or fourth time: it's the principles I'm interested in.

That link only shows that there is a slow gradual shift in faith in america

K. If you want, I can go fetch another few on other areas of the world.

and not even on a personal level but just based on the general population.

Which, surprisingly enough, is made up of...single people 0_0

It doesn't show that any Christians are suddenly becoming muslims, which is what I want you to show me. Maybe you didn't understand well.

I guess not. I thought the dispute was about whether or not people change religions. I said "all the time", you said "gimme proof", remember?

You don't realise that this varies for every person

Laws establish a limit, actually. Kind of like with the audio-pollution dilemma. Or the law that states that you have to shut the hell up after 11 at night.

So I suggest that you raise your kids as Muslims, to give them the main idea of Islam, and then when they are older, you can teach them the catholic faith

OR

We could do as I suggested, which is teach 'em a Catholic faith, then let them decide whether or not to continue being Catholic.

You still haven't countered that comment.

Smart people are overwhelmingly Atheist. That's a fact and it's NOT a coincidence nor my "opinion".

Linkeh.

Let's just hope that approximately 84% of the world's population isn't, quite simply, stupid.

I'm guessing you would have said something like "OWND" in this situation.

So do I need to quote all the violence advocated in the bible now? Is that how it works?

Quote all the cases in which that violence is to be interpreted literaly? Uhm...yeah.

Well you presume to know which parts of the bible he meant as metaphore when people far smarter, older and more educated than you seem to think those parts are litteral.

Oh, no, I'm not that presumptuous, thankfully. Nothing I'm saying hasn't been already said by nowaday clergymen and what not ;)

have fun: http://www.cybercollege.com/antiwoman.ht m

I want you to be ready for this.

I mean really, really ready.

Sitting down? You sure?

'Kay.

The. BIBLE. Is. Subject. To. IN-TER-PRE-TA-TI-ON.

That interpretation has to evolve, alongside society.

When Jesus, for example, says "Give to Cesar that which is Cesar's", he doesn't mean that 2,000 years later, we're supposed to offer small amounts of money to the tomb of Cesar Agustus.

It's the bottom line that counts.

Simply smashing concept, isn't it?

See this is where you dissociate religion from bad behavior

Trust me on this...I'm not. Really.

I'm calling the RELIGIONS that cause bad behavior "bad".

Again, you judge the merit of a faith-based concept based on your narrow view of ethics.

"Narrow view"? So you're convinced that terrorist bombings are ethical?

Ku-fucking-dos.

Says the man who blablabla

Hang on, you seem to have skipped over the second part of my comment there...check it over again, I'm sure you accidentally scrolled down a tad too fast :/

If you want to criticize me on something, kindly don't leave out bits and pieces in which I clearly express my opinion on that same matter.

Wow someone never read about Galileo apparently. I guess high school in Italy doesn't teach about famous Italians.

WAIT

Stop the presses.

Galileo was killed for not taking his heart of out his chest after reading the Bible.

That is what you're saying, considering the comment you're responding to.

Whoa.

Hum, yes? Religion clearly doesn't produce good things

Oh.

K. Hey, democracy SUCKED in Italy for a while, I guess we shouldn't trust how things are going NOW and base our entire view of that form of government on the nasty trouble we had over here with Totalitarisms and shite.

Long live the King.

Also, Jews should be shoved into concentration camps. Why? Because some of them have done nasty things, so that MUST mean that they're all capable of being evil bastards.

Religion belongs to the middle ages.

I'd say "says you", but hey, I'm getting tired of that particular term. I'll be back after I've Google'd a few new ones.

Even while googling him I can't find anything, so my guess is that he's some local Italian dude who didn't do anything anyone should give a shit about.

Ask your local parish priest, if you actually give a shite about it.

Then tell me all about the patron saint of Italian kids, alongside a few others like him.

Yeah. He's kinda important :/

Well we can't ask them, but suffice to say a great number of religious people think that people of other religion are going straight to hell.

I don't :/

Again with you saying you know what God thinks all the while saying I couldn't possibly understand him.

Oh. That's what the handy saints are for...giving us glimpses at His master plan and what not, and telling us what He WANTS and what He OFFERS US, not at what He's like in His entirety.

Aaaaaaaaaaand you skipped the part about why you made this thread and what not, again :/

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 19:07:32

Wait, wait, wait.

I meant "Aaaaaaaaaaand you didn't give me a straight answer about why you made this thread in the first place, while full knowing the consequences" etc.

Carry on.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 19:24:02

Know what' stupid. Rammstein.

see my point, if you can

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 20:17:47

At 3/16/08 07:04 PM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
Probably not, namely just because you just made it up,

So because you've never heard of my religion, it's wrong?

No. What I actually said was "We're working on getting to the real message"

I don't think you quite realise what you're saying here. You are blaspheming in the eyes of many many eminent catholics, much more so than you, a lowly 20 year old random Italian guy.
You're saying you're a better, smarter catholic than they are?
Again the bible is the word of God, there is no "we're trying to find the message" bullshit that you can pull on me unless you truly haven't read any of it at all. The bible makes many points quite clearly and litteraly, most importantly that the bible is the WORD OF AN INFALLIBLE GOD.

For the third or fourth time: it's the principles I'm interested in.

Then you're not a catholic.
Sorry to tell you. You maybe label yourself as one, but you are not one. You are misusing the term and stretching it just so that you can still attend the same church as your friends and family.

By that token, I am catholic too because I believe that you shouldn't cause harm. Of course you will leap at me and say "no that's not enough, you need to do X and Y" just as another Catholic will consider you not a catholic FOR THE SAME REASON.

K. If you want, I can go fetch another few on other areas of the world.

Show me stats that clearly demonstrate that ADULTS change from one big religion to the next. Show me muslims massively going towards Judaism. Show me Jews turning to Catholicism.
You might find some, but not a significant amount at all which is extremely telling that you are quite clearly wrong to think picking a religion is a reasoned process. That would mean you are right and everyone would pick your side if they knew better so you're calling everyone else an ignorant person or an idiot since they don't believe what you say is the logically best religion for whatever reasons.

I guess not. I thought the dispute was about whether or not people change religions. I said "all the time", you said "gimme proof", remember?

Your proof wasn't that PEOPLE change religion, it was about how there are people of a different religion in america in the last 30 years, it has nothing to do with it. If 20 million Jew migrated to america tomorrow, those stats would show a shirt towards Judaism in america, but it would not suggest that Christians become Jews.

Or the law that states that you have to shut the hell up after 11 at night.

Do you think they chose that law based on faith, or logic?

We could do as I suggested, which is teach 'em a Catholic faith, then let them decide whether or not to continue being Catholic
You still haven't countered that comment.

How can you claim that teaching a kid religion is unbiased? That's fucking crazy. If you put any faith in that statement, try and raise them as Muslims and see if they will ever become catholics once they are adults.
But no, even though you claim that they would pick your side purely by logic, you wouldn't be willing to test it out.

Linkeh.

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T27kB4Bjb Eg

Let's just hope that approximately 84% of the world's population isn't, quite simply, stupid.

Not stupid, PRIMITIVE and IGNORANT. That's not their fault ( entirely ) but when I see people like you who live in material confort and free from religious authorities ruling your life 24/7 still make this stupid choice for yourself, I'm really sad inside.

Quote all the cases in which that violence is to be interpreted literaly? Uhm...yeah.

have fun: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelt y/long.html
Go and find them in your own bible.

The. BIBLE. Is. Subject. To. IN-TER-PRE-TA-TI-ON.

No. That's completely stupid. If you gave the bible to a random dude and told him "it's the word of God", he will take it literally because there is no way to know when you're supposed to interpret it litteraly and when you shouldn't.
It's changed CONSTANTLY throughout history but AT EACH STEP IN HISTORY RELIGIOUS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN 100% SURE THAT THEIR INTERPRETATION OF THE DAY WAS RIGHT.

That interpretation has to evolve, alongside society.

Then why base yourself on it if you're going to change the bible depending on your society?
Are you basing the society on the bible, or the bible on the society?

I'm calling the RELIGIONS that cause bad behavior "bad".

Well your religion has caused tons of it, so it's bad.
OH NO NO BUT WAIT those people weren't interpreting is "correctly". HO BUT WAIT you are qualified to say whic interpretation is correct and which isn't.

Here's my suggestion: BURN THAT STUPID-ASS BOOK, STOP ARGUING ABOUT IT AND FOLLOW THE LAWS OF YOUR COUNTRY.

What statistics show on atheists ( video above ) is that the bible, if anything, makes people WORST CITIZENS.

"Narrow view"? So you're convinced that terrorist bombings are ethical?

If I thought I was going to heaven for it, yes, I wouldn't hesitate a single second to blow up a bus full of babies. You're making a GIANT mistake in thinking that there is some bottom-line fundamental universal book of ethics that all people and religions have. Suicide bombers may be good people who are just misguided and do terrible things as a result.

Galileo was killed for not taking his heart of out his chest after reading the Bible.

stop it with that dumbass line.
Galileo was persecuted because his astronomic OBSERVATIONS went against the bible that said the SUN revolves around the EARTH, something the highest religious authorities at the time took literally.
THEY THOUGHT THAT THE CREATION STORY WAS TRUE.

Where the fuck do YOU get off suddenly claiming it's always been an allegory? For 3000 years, it was preached as absolute truth, and it took SCIENCE to change that RELIGIOUS belief.

Ask your local parish priest, if you actually give a shite about it.

I don't have a "priest". Why don't you go ask your local Imam about Islam while you're at it?
You tell me who that guy was, you brought him up.

Oh. That's what the handy saints are for...giving us glimpses at His master plan and what not, and telling us what He WANTS and what He OFFERS US, not at what He's like in His entirety.

Oh I guess you didn't hear, Saints aren't to be taken litterally.

Aaaaaaaaaaand you skipped the part about why you made this thread and what not, again :/

Because I felt like it and was bored.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-16 20:21:33

At 3/16/08 07:24 PM, JackPhantasm wrote: Know what' stupid. Rammstein.

see my point, if you can

I'm sorry that it took you that long to get in touch with your homosexuality :(

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 00:38:34

Fight fight fight fight!

Every thread I touch, dies.

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 01:23:49

Obviously vadarism is exempt from aforementioned criticism.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 01:35:18

good fucking job poxpower, good fucking job, you jackoff.

you just made another pointless religous arguing thread from the point of view of a closed minded athiest.

but now a mod made and is supporting his home made flame war.

great fucking job. great fucking job.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 01:41:34

1. If someone told you they believed in Anubis, the Egyptian God of Death, you would label them as a:

[_] dumbass
[X] ignorant
[_] worthy of running for president
[_] Pharaoh who built a time machine to travel to the future from 2000 B.C.

2. If someone told you they had to clap their hands 5 times a day, you would label them as:

[_] an annoying asshole
[_] a mentally retarded person
[X] someone with some sort of weird neurological disorder
[_] A sane man with a plan

3. If someone told you they cannot eat red foods, you would say they are:

[X] crazy
[_] misinformed about the importance of the skin color of apples
[_] Enlightened
[_] really, really really open-minded in a really really weird way

4. If someone changed the way they act on a daily basis to impress one or more invisible friends, you would react by saying:

[_] There is no one there, dude
[X] Go see a doctor RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE FUCKED UP
[_] Can I have him as a friend too? I'm lonely.

5. If a guy came to school and challenged the history teacher's course with their own book that their parents wrote for them, they would receive a grade of :

[_] A +
[_] B -
[_] D
[_] F
[_] Z
[X] Get the fuck out of here

6. If you had an invisible friend, and encountered someone with a different invisible friend, you reaction would be to:

[X] Violently attack his village/ rape his wife/ pillage his country
[_] Consider that he's the crazy one
[_] Tell him that his friend is actually the same friend as his
[_] Give him some of your meds

7. If someone insisted that they couldn't come to work without wearing their Batman costume, they should get fired...:

[_] Within the hour
[_] Before being hired
[_] Never, because we should hire idiots... er I mean people of a different culture
[X] I'm sorry that last choice sort of suggested that wearing costumes because you think you're forced to rather than you liking the fashion is really stupid. So this choice is just "Never".

8. If someone told you that there was a global conspiracy by all the scientists to perpetuate the supposed "existence" of "micro-organisms", your best guess would be that they are:

[_] Rednecks
[_] Willfully ignorant
[X] Full of shit
[_] Correct, because being a skeptic means choosing a really narrow view of science and deny it for no reason even though you agree with everything else science says.

9. If someone told you that at any one random and very specific day of the year they have to slather themselves with bacon grease you would gladly give them a day off work to do so because:

[_] They will never come back to work after that day, that's for damn sure
[X] They can take at LEAST that one day because it takes a while to get better in a mental institution
[_] Everyone has the right to ritual at any place, any time no matter what.

10. If someone told you they have to cut little bits of baby's ears upon birth because Aphrodite likes smaller ears, his estimated education level would be:

[_] A Doctor
[_] A college freshman
[_] A High school drop out
[X] A medieval peon who lives in a hut made out of cow dung

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 01:56:28

Agreed.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 02:18:44

At 3/17/08 01:59 AM, cast wrote: The person who made this test is ignorant.

Final answer.

phhf, open mindedness is for dumbasses.

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 04:29:24

At 3/16/08 08:17 PM, poxpower wrote:

Because I felt like it and was bored.

'k.

Second and last time I use this term:

Ku-fucking-dos, moderator man.

Glad you're keeping this place spic and span.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 04:35:09

At 3/17/08 01:35 AM, homor wrote: great fucking job. great fucking job.

And you spouting bullshit just like he is makes you what? The bigger man? lol

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 05:02:42

Is that even allowed?

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 05:10:17

Fun time.

1. If someone told you they believed in Anubis, the Egyptian God of Death, you would label them as a:

[_] dumbass
[_] ignorant
[_] worthy of running for president
[x_] Pharaoh who built a time machine to travel to the future from 2000 B.C.

2. If someone told you they had to clap their hands 5 times a day, you would label them as:

[_x] an annoying asshole
[_] a mentally retarded person
[_] someone with some sort of weird neurological disorder
[_] A sane man with a plan

3. If someone told you they cannot eat red foods, you would say they are:

[_] crazy
[_] misinformed about the importance of the skin color of apples
[_] Enlightened
[_x] really, really really open-minded in a really really weird way

4. If someone changed the way they act on a daily basis to impress one or more invisible friends, you would react by saying:

[_x] There is no one there, dude
[_] Go see a doctor RIGHT NOW, YOU ARE FUCKED UP
[_] Can I have him as a friend too? I'm lonely.

5. If a guy came to school and challenged the history teacher's course with their own book that their parents wrote for them, they would receive a grade of :

[_] A +
[_x] B -
[_] D
[_] F
[_] Z
[_] Get the fuck out of here

6. If you had an invisible friend, and encountered someone with a different invisible friend, you reaction would be to:

[_] Violently attack his village/ rape his wife/ pillage his country
[_x] Consider that he's the crazy one
[_] Tell him that his friend is actually the same friend as his
[_] Give him some of your meds

7. If someone insisted that they couldn't come to work without wearing their Batman costume, they should get fired...:

[_] Within the hour
[_] Before being hired
[_] Never, because we should hire idiots... er I mean people of a different culture
[_x] I'm sorry that last choice sort of suggested that wearing costumes because you think you're forced to rather than you liking the fashion is really stupid. So this choice is just "Never".

8. If someone told you that there was a global conspiracy by all the scientists to perpetuate the supposed "existence" of "micro-organisms", your best guess would be that they are:

[_] Rednecks
[_] Willfully ignorant
[_x] Full of shit
[_] Correct, because being a skeptic means choosing a really narrow view of science and deny it for no reason even though you agree with everything else science says.

9. If someone told you that at any one random and very specific day of the year they have to slather themselves with bacon grease you would gladly give them a day off work to do so because:

[_] They will never come back to work after that day, that's for damn sure
[_] They can take at LEAST that one day because it takes a while to get better in a mental institution
[_x] Everyone has the right to ritual at any place, any time no matter what.

10. If someone told you they have to cut little bits of baby's ears upon birth because Aphrodite likes smaller ears, his estimated education level would be:

[_] A Doctor
[_] A college freshman
[_] A High school drop out
[_x] A medieval peon who lives in a hut made out of cow dung

i am nobody and nobodys perfect there for i am perfect

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 06:20:32

I like how you didn't say anything about main stream religion like christianity or judaism what your saying is shit like voodoo and those cults where you eat a human heart are stupid whitch I could agree with but unless being a jew makes you have to slather yourself in bacon fat but I can see with you that being a jew makes you a winy little bitch

Rough em' up

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 06:22:39

At 3/17/08 06:20 AM, NOGOODNAME1234 wrote
I like how you didn't say anything about main stream religion like christianity or judaism what your saying is shit like voodoo and those cults where you eat a human heart are stupid whitch I could agree with but unless being a jew makes you have to slather yourself in bacon fat but I can see with you that being a jew makes you a winy little bitch

i forgot buddy jesus

Religion is stupid

Rough em' up

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 08:04:11

At 3/17/08 04:29 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
Ku-fucking-dos, moderator man.

Glad you're keeping this place spic and span.

Well there you go, you have been thoroughly smashed and you are pussying out because you think you're better than me because apparently you come to a forum for some other reason than it entertains you.
It's not to find the truth about anything that for sure. Typical religious behavior.

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 08:10:04

uh i dont know. im pretty retarded. i wouldnt really think anything.

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 08:18:22

At 3/17/08 08:04 AM, poxpower wrote:
Well there you go, you have been thoroughly smashed

L-O-L.

The only reason I only commented on this last bit is because I'm writing in my 5-minute university breaks, at the mo'.

I'll be back to comment on the rest of your insulting, hostility-promoting bullshit later, no worries :D

And, for the record, you've yet to "smash" me on anything. The definition of the term means that I cannot give you an answer, or rebuttal, which has yet to happen.

and you are pussying out

Yet I'm not ;) "brb", as we say on the internetz.

because you think you're better than me

Depends what you mean by "better". You're a dick, essentially, (the whole "Anyone who doesn't think like me is an idiot or mentally challenged" sorta points that way, at least) so from a moral point of view...perhaps, yeah. I'm sure you beat me at other things, though :D

because apparently you come to a forum for some other reason than it entertains you.

Oh no, there's that too. I have a blast having a nice, entertaining conversation with people who aren't bent on creating hostility and "owning" the people they're discussing with. Earfetish, for example.

I'm guessing your idea of "entertainment" would be bashing people on the 'net.

Kudos.

It's not to find the truth about anything that for sure.

You're right about that, actually. I believe I've already found the truth. What we're discussing now is whether what I believe to have found is valid or not.

Typical religious behavior.

See, if I made generalizations like you, o brainiac of brainiacs, I'd respond by saying "Typical hostile-ass atheist behavior".

But since I'm simply not ignorant enough to discriminate against an entire way of life (something that almost borderlines on racism of the mind, oddly enough) because of the ignorance of one single person...that's not gonna happen.

See ya later, when I've got a bit of real spare time to continue this delightful discussion (in other words, you might as well stop accusing me of "pussying out") ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 09:12:48

At 3/17/08 04:35 AM, Brick-top wrote: And you spouting bullshit just like he is makes you what? The bigger man? lol

i'm not spouting bullshit in favor of my religion. i'm saying how stupid it is to try to cause an arguement in favor of your beilefs.

it's a real shame to see someone able to get away with this because they are a mod.

this topic is deppressing.

- Dale Gribble

BBS Signature

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 09:18:56

At 3/17/08 09:12 AM, homor wrote:
At 3/17/08 04:35 AM, Brick-top wrote: And you spouting bullshit just like he is makes you what? The bigger man? lol
i'm not spouting bullshit in favor of my religion. i'm saying how stupid it is to try to cause an arguement in favor of your beilefs.

Yes, posting in it and keeping it alive is MUCH better than posting in it and keeping it alive. Well done.

it's a real shame to see someone able to get away with this because they are a mod.

Dude, this isn't a democracy. Neither of us get an opinion on anything, you either like it or leave the choice is up to you.

this topic is deppressing.

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 09:20:57

This seems to be getting slightly out of hand now, nobody has to justify what they believe at all, least of all to strangers on the internet in unless, HoweverI think a responsble person would analyse what they believe in every once and a while and be open to other opinions on the matter.

I mean Linksilvermane, you seem an educated guy that is more than willing to fight his corner, but have you considered reading other religious texts, not to convert but to increase your spiritual knowledge?

I personally would never call myself a Christian, a Muslim, a Buddhist or indeed a Scientologist or engage in any sort of ritual, however some good can be drawn from their teachings (not so much Scientology, shit I have Fair Gamed myself), Its like reading any book good and bad things can be drawn from it, the reality of the characters are here nor there.

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 09:22:58

At 3/17/08 01:05 AM, Suaron wrote:
At 3/16/08 08:50 AM, Brick-top wrote: I'm not trying to do any backseat modding but I thought we weren't suppose to do Religious topics.

Is that true?
The mods break their rules all the time. It's like Nazi Germany. I'm sure killing was illegal, but that didn't stop the Holocaust.

Actually all mods are communist.

ALL MY FRIEND CODES

My username is pronounced "mah-chee-o". Thank you for your attention.

Youtube Account (under construction)

Response to Religion is stupid 2008-03-17 09:27:12

At 3/17/08 08:18 AM, LinkSilvermane wrote:
At 3/17/08 08:04 AM, poxpower wrote:
The only reason I only commented on this last bit is because I'm writing in my 5-minute university breaks, at the mo'.

fine then I'll be waiting.

BBS Signature