Find out in which rooms your pets are by examining the clues.3.92 / 5.00 2,630 Views
Seeking testers for an Undertale fangame...3.74 / 5.00 1,641 Views
A game for both hands or two players3.80 / 5.00 595 Views
THIS THREAD IS FOR POSTING FINISHED ART ONLY, NO CHATTER. POST THAT IN THE DISCUSSION THREAD, AS ALWAYS.
While everyone is busy making their flash games/movies for Pico Day, I felt it would be nice for there to be a Pico Day inspired art contest to match. The prizes may not be thousands of dollars but you also dont need to spend all of April in keyframe hell. Also you can participate in all the fun of Pico day without having to mess with rude blammings.
Your task is to redesign any of the characters below, you can redesign all of em, you can redesign one of them. It's up to you.
- All entries must be in color and finished. No sketches, no comps.
- Entries MUST BE 599px wide, it can be whatever height you see fit up to 700px tall. It should fit on the space provided for your post in other words.
- All art has to be drawn by you. Just photoshopping or recoloring existing art on the characters is not allowed and you will be disqualified.
-Multiple entries are welcome. However you can only win one prize.
- A redesign means that you are making a new interpretation of the character but you are keeping its essence and spirit of the original
EXAMPLE: If someone looks at your new pico design, they can tell it is indeed pico even though he now sports a new haircut maybe, or perhaps the orange hair IS what you think makes pico unique and you instead redesign his body and build. Its all up to you. The point is that at the end of the day it feels like a fresh take on the character without totally losing its recognizability
- There are many examples of how artists have interpreted pico that you can look through for ideas, in Pico Epilogue, JohnnyUtah shows off a much older pico. Once upon a time Pico actually went through a formal redesign. You can see that page Here. Mindchamber eventually was hired by Newgrounds, who knows you might win his job!
In all my contests i dont use the 1st 2nd 3rd place system. I award all the winners the same thing, this is no different. At the end of the contest, Tom Fulp will choose his favorite redesign, Mindchamber will choose his favorite and i'll choose my favorite and all will win the same prizes.
3 winners will win the following NG prize pack:
- Penicorn Plush doll
- Domokun Plush doll
- Pico Shirt
- Madness Shirt
- Captain Moroni Shirt coutesy of BoMToons
- NG stickers, old logo / new logo etc
- Pico stickers, Tankmen stickers
- Afro-Ninja stickers courtesy of Afro-Ninja
- Shiny stickers courtesy of i-mockery
- Minushi DVD
- I Kinda <3 Sick Animation dot Com stickers courtesy of Marc M
- Red Diamond Dragon Club Buttons also courtesy of Marc M
- Mindchambers job ?
Basically you'll get a bunch of shit that supports alot of newgrounds artists. Pico Day is about being proud of NG and this prizepack will make you totally awesome. Even more so than Tom.
April 30th 2008
11:59 pm EST
It aint fantastic at all... more like a practice. I call it, 'Horribly Dissproportioned, Balloon Headed, Nene.'
Well, that's done.
Nene now smokes; y'know, suicidally.
Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'
Well for some reason ZekeySpaceyLizard wanted me to enter a piece for this contest, so I obliged him and created a "totally squeefed out" version of Pico. Alright enough nonsense I hope you like my entry!
Thought at have another go at an older Pico.
So there he is, mid-forties, working overtime to feed his hungry kids.
If I have time I'll make older Darnell and Nene!
2hs on Photoshop:
Pixel Pico FTW!
[I'll make a 'real' one later]
MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
...and this is my fag...