00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy.

4,249 Views | 16 Replies

Codey, a fifth-grader, reportedly was playing among a group of children near his age late Saturday morning when the group came up with an idea inspired by the popular anime-style character "Naruto." According to the official U.S. Naruto Web site, the character is a 13-year-old aspiring ninja who likes to play pranks more than he likes to train.

The mimicry involved Codey's playmates burying him head-first in a one-foot-deep sandbox, Joshua Quantrille told ABC News' Seattle affiliate KOMO-TV. Quantrille, 30, is Codey Porter's half-brother and his three sons were among the boys playing in the sand box Saturday with Codey.

Quantrille said the other children initially thought Codey, buried from his head to the top of his chest, was joking when he started to thrash around. By the time they got help, the boy had already stopped breathing. Adults at the house tried unsuccessfully to administer CPR before emergency medical personnel arrived.

The boy was transported first to Providence Everett Medical Center and was later flown to Seattle, where he remained in critical condition at the children's hospital until his death Monday.

Five children interviewed by investigators told the Swohomish County Sheriff's Office that the burial idea came from the popular cartoon. Sheriff's office detectives, who also spoke with the parents of the children, ruled Codey Porter's death a "tragic accident."

Link.

Naruto inspired

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-11 20:21:47

Wasn't this already on here?

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-11 20:23:38

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-11 20:23:42

Holy crap dude, thats sad.

James Bond - *Strapped to a table w/ a laser pointing at his crotch* "Do you expect me to talk Goldfinger?"

Goldfinger - "Oh no Mister Bond. I expect you to die!"

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-11 20:23:51

This thing is already here and if you look for it you'll find it. You were a little late man :)

SUP

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-11 20:24:20

I wouldn't say it's Naruto's fault (although it's an idiotic show)
It's the fucking children's fault... what the fuck did they think was going to happen.

I mean... what...

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 01:42:37

That's funny, before I made this topic I had a strange urge to seaqrch for topics named "Natural selection", because it seemed a likely title.

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 01:44:14

I AM GARRA, MASTER OF THE SAND.

Eeeyup~

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 01:48:29

I'm sorry, but how does someone not have the strength to lift their head out of the sand?

Faith tramples all reason, logic, and common sense.

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 01:48:57

At 3/12/08 01:44 AM, Skybolt-DX wrote: I AM GARRA, MASTER OF THE SAND.

If they had had a giant gourd to play with, this wouldn't have happened.

"Let's kick this mothafucka's ass all over dream land!"

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 01:49:08

At 3/12/08 01:44 AM, Skybolt-DX wrote: I AM GARRA, MASTER OF THE SAND.

WAIT GARRA NO SAND ISN'T A BREATHABLE METIRIAL NO!

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."

- Dale Gribble

Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 02:24:33

lawl those kids are hardcore.

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 03:22:00

He was in the fifth grade and he tried to imitate Naruto by sticking someones head in the sand?
Thats just plain stupid...I think when they start thrashing in the sand its a giveaway that their dying.

Honestly..thats just sad...EXTREMELY sad...

PS: I would like to agree with the previous poster as well...how can they not pull their head out of the sand?

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 03:32:12

Survival of the fittest.
Weeding out those too stupid to survive.

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 03:34:44

Yea dude, it's been done.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 03:43:49

i blame bad english dubbing and not making naruto start at a later time then 9 o clock!!! or the parents for not setting him a bet time or his friends for being idiots helping him and 4kidZ for bringing this to U.S and not making it at a later time. BESIDES the only way to imitate naruto is to be in a giant bowl of bowling soup with noodles, eggs, meat, and and a skin of sea weed and some seafood

Naruto inspired

BBS Signature

Response to Naruto inspired "prank" kills boy. 2008-03-12 03:46:02

YEAH I HATE ANIME, DO YOU GUYS HATE ANIME WHATS UP