00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

wilwz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cardboard City, a Collab

39,059 Views | 513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 08:43:57

Here's the first half of my part, I just need to add two more scenario's.

Would anyone like to critique it?

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 10:22:05

sorry but nobody answered me... is there any more room?

SHEEPS DONT GO "moo"

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 11:41:13

UPDATE!
Tell me what you think lads!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 12:37:32

At 3/16/08 11:41 AM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: UPDATE!
Tell me what you think lads!

Pretty good so far, like the side-mirror effect.

:Update:

Cardboard City, a Collab

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 14:06:03

I think I've done enough creeping around this collab.
There is obviously talented artists here, and that has peaked my interest.

I decided to storyboard my idea.
Click anywhere on the frame to see the next "scene"
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/160308/4 3426_carboardcity_goatman.php
This way you know what I'm going for before I do it.

And don't expect it done too soon. I do have other commitments.

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 14:31:35

At 3/15/08 03:27 PM, HandsomeJake wrote: Also, check out the song Airborne on Jaga Jazzist's myspace. That's my pitch for music. But I'd love to hear if anyone else has any ideas for it.

Maybe there's fitting music in the audioportal. I like it when people use music from the portal. But Jaga Jazzist is also great :)

At 3/16/08 10:22 AM, KromeHeart wrote: sorry but nobody answered me... is there any more room?

I think everybody who wants can still join

At 3/16/08 11:41 AM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: Tell me what you think lads!

It's amazing :)

At 3/16/08 02:06 PM, Goat-Man wrote: I decided to storyboard my idea.

Haha, nice idea with the rain :D

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 16:15:49

If its alright, I would like to join this collab. It looks really awesome.

I like to rape children

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 16:32:09

At 3/16/08 04:15 PM, LenardNotLenny wrote: If its alright, I would like to join this collab. It looks really awesome.

go for it!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 17:01:35

At 3/16/08 08:43 AM, RobbieSkater wrote: Looks nice, i'm not too fond of the GIANT RED CIRCLE :P but if you change it to a more traditional cardboard it would be more fitting.

Hmm... Well, I don't want to. I want the red balloon to be different.

Everyone's parts are so AWESOME, my part is so fast-made and choppy compared to yours :C

.M.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 18:26:30

I was just wondering if you guys can help me out.
I need 30 reviews for my movie before wednesday. I'm working my way up there, and i'd be happy to return the favor for anyone. Please check it out.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 9845

Now that i've kind of "temporarily hi-jacked" this thread, i'll be sure to get a part done ^_^

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 19:44:00

At 3/16/08 06:26 PM, Goat-Man wrote: I was just wondering if you guys can help me out.
I need 30 reviews for my movie before wednesday. I'm working my way up there, and i'd be happy to return the favor for anyone. Please check it out.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 9845

This is not relevant to the point of this thread. Also, it's not wise to get your friends and other people to give you 10's, the NG admins are cracking down on that sort of thing and stuff could get deleted.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-16 20:54:07

At 3/16/08 07:44 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: This is not relevant to the point of this thread. Also, it's not wise to get your friends and other people to give you 10's, the NG admins are cracking down on that sort of thing and stuff could get deleted.

Sorrry guys
100x sorry.

I would still like to make a part though, if i didn't cross the line too much there...

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 02:54:32

At 3/16/08 08:54 PM, Goat-Man wrote:
At 3/16/08 07:44 PM, Nicholas-Deary wrote: This is not relevant to the point of this thread. Also, it's not wise to get your friends and other people to give you 10's, the NG admins are cracking down on that sort of thing and stuff could get deleted.
Sorrry guys
100x sorry.

I would still like to make a part though, if i didn't cross the line too much there...

Poor Goat-Man. With his awesome, underrated movie that deserved front page. Well, just wait for TwinTrash 003.............. :O You'll make a part with a goat in it? :)

.M.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 04:29:21

How long exactly can our parts be?

As for music, I think that a kind of ambient music would have a good feel to it if the parts are a bit slow too. There is a lot of good ambient music on the Audio Portal, but I suggest you listen to this first. This Is A Process Of A Still Life has great ambient music.
I think 'All my Blessings Are a Curse', 'Constantly Under Surveillance' and 'The Possibility of Flight' are great songs to use. Not to mention that you can download them for free from their side (the link above).

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 14:45:25

I posted a link to the first part of my part near the top of this page, can someone tell me if that's what you guys are aiming for :)

if not i'll make a new one or edit that one :)

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 14:51:17

At 3/17/08 02:45 PM, biskits wrote: I posted a link to the first part of my part near the top of this page, can someone tell me if that's what you guys are aiming for :)

if not i'll make a new one or edit that one :)

It's really great, but I think you've missed the main theme there: cardboard. If you'd use some more cardboardtextures it'll be fantastic

"What kind of idiot would quote himself" - Gatling

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 15:33:40

My .fla
I was going to make another part, but I'm going to visit my mother on wednesday and stay there for 1 or 2 weeks and after that my next semester beginns, so I'll probaly have no time to make another part :(
But we will see.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 15:57:52

I'll see what I can do if there is still room. Cool idea.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 16:00:53

coz i'm a nice guy there's loads of free cardboard (-esque) things here
that'll make everyone's life easier :):)

(it's a paper shop LOLWTF)

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 16:21:12

great stuff all of you, I'm really liking it, all of it!

vincoid, I'd prefer parts not to be much over 45 seconds at MOST, but if it can maintain a flow with the rest of the parts, then that'd be fine, as long as they can transfer freely from one part to the next, length isnt a big deal.

nick, I love your part, FABULOUS sky ^_^

biskits, I didnt really understand your part when it was really yellowy, but the other guy in front of the moving background was pretty cool. if you could make it seem less traced, that might be a nice direction to take it in.

marcy, rockin' as always. I sort of agree with robbies comment about the balloon, I know what you're going for with emphasis and contrast, but maybe could you tone it down just a little bit? not much, just a teeny little bit.

thanks for the FLA ziwon! Im still totally amazed by that train you animated. well done. hope you can continue to add pieces to the cardboard city, but you've done some awesome work already, and if you're too busy, thats totally fine. :)

Maromoromaromoro

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 17:19:15

At 3/17/08 04:21 PM, MorrowDays wrote:

:: biskits, I didnt really understand your part when it was really yellowy, but the other guy in front of the moving background was pretty cool. if you could make it seem less traced, that might be a nice direction to take it in.

My part:- clickyclicky.swf

that's it all cardboardy-eesh. :) i took out that weird yellow bit....
i thought because it was cardboard i'd make it really jagged because it's... cardboard...?

if someone can post a link so i can upload my .fla that'd be cool, or if you want me to expand on my bit i'll do that first :DD

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-17 17:38:17

At 3/17/08 05:19 PM, biskits wrote: My part:- clickyclicky.swf

I just watched your updated part while that still life song horizon/line was playing. It's really awesome.

Anyways, sorry about my lack of posts. Lots of family nonsense going on. My dad's not going to be with us much longer. I'm fine though. This is spring break, so I wouldn't be able to be at the computer lab very much this week anyways. Next week I'll get cracking again. See you guys on the flip side.

Oh, yes, I'll keep up the constant ego stroking going on here to say: AWESOME PARTS EVERYONE!

biskits, your subway scene should be intergrated with ziwon's somehow.

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-18 06:29:59

At 3/17/08 04:21 PM, MorrowDays wrote: vincoid, I'd prefer parts not to be much over 45 seconds at MOST, but if it can maintain a flow with the rest of the parts, then that'd be fine, as long as they can transfer freely from one part to the next, length isnt a big deal.

That's a nice length for me. I might make a storyboard for it this weekend.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-18 16:26:39

thats awful jake, sorry to hear about your dad, I really am. biskits, LOOKIN GOOD. savefile.com is a good place to upload FLA files, try there!

coolio vincoid, cant wait.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-18 18:05:51

At 3/18/08 04:26 PM, MorrowDays wrote: coolio vincoid, cant wait.

me neither, also, to the other collab members, I've sent Morrow my FLA. part just now and will start some new parts soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-18 18:47:37

its true, hes not lying.

haha nick, we're so evil ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-18 18:49:47

At 3/18/08 06:47 javascript:html_helper.Launch(html_helpe r.TYPE_BOLD, 'body');
BoldPM, MorrowDays wrote:

haha nick, we're so evil ;)

Morrow: there arent a lot of evil people out there on newgrounds
Nick: I'm sure there isn't

BBS Signature

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-19 01:32:41

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-19 01:44:26

At 3/19/08 01:32 AM, ShinsukeIto wrote: Hows this?

http://www.ngup.net/view?file=Corrugated %20Cola.swf

now put that in a part and we'll be golden!

Response to Cardboard City, a Collab 2008-03-19 04:50:52

Great news: I'm going to work on my part right now. I'm going to write down some stuff first to see what I can come up with. After that I'll see how I can fit all that in 45 seconds or so, and then I'll storyboard it.

I think the whole thing will be done in about 4 days to a week or so, depending on how much other stuff comes a long.

BBS Signature